PDA

View Full Version : Crispi Guide GTX boots

ezrafenwick
02-20-2018, 02:24 AM
Hi, I’m looking at the Crispi Guide GTX boots and wondering if anyone has any feed back on the boots. Also, whether they fit true to size or not. Even better if someone had a pair of size 10s kicking around in the lower mainland that I could possibly try on for size.

Cheers

twoSevenO
02-21-2018, 01:39 PM
^ PM Ourea, i think he wears Crispi boots.

ezrafenwick
02-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I’ll shoot him a message. ����

Ourea
02-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Hi, I’m looking at the Crispi Guide GTX boots and wondering if anyone has any feed back on the boots. Also, whether they fit true to size or not. Even better if someone had a pair of size 10s kicking around in the lower mainland that I could possibly try on for size.

Cheers

Hey boss.
Having owned some sporting goods stores back in the day and a sporting goods distribution company I am pretty comfortable critiquing products.

I worked my way thru the list of usual suspects on my last purchase of high end boots.
The second I put my foot in a pr of Crispi Dakotas I was .......DONE.
The forefoot flex and lateral stability was not gross overkill as in some boots.

Most guys can't wait to get their boots off when they bet back to camp.
With these Crispis that was not the case for me.....dream fit and comfort.

Pros-
Exceptional comfort, fit, flex and performance.
Next to no break in period.
Uncompromised waterproof qualities.

Cons-
Premature tread wear (Vibram soles so not really a Crispi issue)
Found the uber comfortable leather liner starting to break down and come apart after two yrs.
I will resole this year and milk another season or two out of them ( I seldom get more than 2 seasons out of any boot)

Overall, if you want incredible comfort and performance, yet willing to sacrifice a bit on durability....I highly recommend.

ezrafenwick
02-21-2018, 09:00 PM
Awesome. Thx for the in depth review. I’m definitely keen to try out a pair now. One more question, do you find the boots fit fairly true to size?

~T-BONE~
02-21-2018, 09:04 PM
Sound like my kenetreks to a tee!

Ourea
02-22-2018, 09:50 AM
Awesome. Thx for the in depth review. I’m definitely keen to try out a pair now. One more question, do you find the boots fit fairly true to size?

I would say yes.

sled-fiend
02-28-2018, 05:50 PM
I have these boots, in a size 10, which is my regular size. Nice boots.