PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Around 100 Mile House

cowboy-up69
08-19-2007, 04:59 PM
My mom and I are going to 100 Mile House to visit family in sept sometime, I would like to know how the deer and moose hunting is around there?!?! We'll be goin for a few days so I got time to check out a few different spots. And without giving up any honey holes and what not, what are some good areas that will produce big bucks and bulls?? Im not sure but I think its immy's only for moose right?? Any help on where to go, and how the hunting is and if the middle of Sept is a good time to go! Thanks in advance! Also, if anyone is from there, and they wanna meet up and go out huntin for a day, let me know, I'd love to meet some ppl form here and go hunting for the day!

Cliff

Edit: The dates Im going are Sept 16-19.

srupp
08-19-2007, 06:30 PM
HMMM for deer try Helena lake area..North end of Lac la Hache..its 20 minutes in...pretty healthy amount of animals on that ridge and some pretty decent bucks...

For moose head east along hwy 24....then south the lake area..

Steven

Mr. Dean
08-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I hunted Bowser Lk area once. I didn't connect w/ anything but I know animals hang out near/around there.

JAYDEE
08-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Valentine Lake used to be be good a few years ago. It's quite opened up now.

wsm
08-19-2007, 08:40 PM
last year was rough going at valentine, maybe needa lake this year

Barracuda
08-19-2007, 10:06 PM
sometimes it can be a bit crowded.

boonerbuck
08-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Immature bulls are in region 3 so you have to head south some distance.

There are plenty of service roads around the 100 Mile area that have lots of deer in Sept.

Off of hwy 24 there is Windy Mountain FSR ( via Judson Rd.). You can also take Mahood FSR off of Horse lake road. Both roads go way back with many spur roads into higher country.

Exeter FSR leads towards the Fraser (Valentine Lake area) but it's tough hunting. Visibility can be hard and I usually don't see many bucks til the rut nears.

fin241
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
The deer are plentiful pretty much wherever you go. West of town out behind the mills is a good place to stomp around in. No moose season at all in 5 unless you have a draw.

CHilko21
08-20-2007, 12:58 PM
That's a little far south for me to know much...I know around 140 mile is pretty good, later on in the year the winter range can be good, but if you're up in september they might not be in there yet.