PDA

View Full Version : New Hunter in Vancouver - Planning 2 - 5 day hunts in Squamish, Chilliwack, etc.

juljacques
02-15-2018, 08:42 PM
Hey,

I'm a new hunter. Just got all my gear, and have gone out on a few winter multi-day camping excursions to get ready for the hunting season.

I have 3 hunts planned in Squamish, Chilliwack, Callghan Lake and North Vancouver. If anyone wants to join, shoot me a PM.

Fella
02-15-2018, 08:57 PM
What are you hunting and when are you going?

MB_Boy
02-16-2018, 08:32 AM
North Vancouver??

ajr5406
02-16-2018, 08:37 AM
Hey,

I'm a new hunter. Just got all my gear, and have gone out on a few winter multi-day camping excursions to get ready for the hunting season.

I have 3 hunts planned in Squamish, Chilliwack, Callghan Lake and North Vancouver. If anyone wants to join, shoot me a PM.

Welcome to the addiction! Lots of great info on HBC.

As a new hunter myself, I think you are more likely to see game and have success (which may take a few years) heading further east. Think about spending a few multi-day hunting trips at least out past Merritt/Kamloops/Okanagon etc

juljacques
02-16-2018, 07:37 PM
What are you hunting and when are you going? I'm planning on going opening season in Chilliwack. April 20th leaving Friday and coming back Sunday for deer. I'd have access to a truck and can bring up a few people from Vancouver.

Fella
02-16-2018, 08:10 PM
I'm planning on going opening season in Chilliwack. April 20th leaving Friday and coming back Sunday for deer. I'd have access to a truck and can bring up a few people from Vancouver.
Deer hunting in April hey? Have you read the hunting regs at all?

ajr5406
02-17-2018, 09:00 AM
I'm planning on going opening season in Chilliwack. April 20th leaving Friday and coming back Sunday for deer. I'd have access to a truck and can bring up a few people from Vancouver.

As a new hunter, the BC regs are something you really want to study and know very well. Deer season is Sept-Dec in most regions. I’m not sure if you actually meant to write “bear” instead of deer?

S.W.A.T.
02-17-2018, 09:14 AM
Yes pay attention to the regs. Don't want to end up in the penalty box.

Highly recommended the hunter buddy app.

walks with deer
02-17-2018, 09:57 AM
that sad spring deer should have very little fat and should happliy be found eating the new grass on the edge of any road after snow melt...at lower elevations...makes for some easy shot opurtunities before they start fawning.

bigredchev
02-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Hands down most suspicious first post.

Throwaway
02-17-2018, 10:44 PM
Something’s not right here for sure. He mentioned a 4/20 deer hunt on another new hunter thread. Definitely smoking something.

ajr5406
02-18-2018, 08:07 AM
Something’s not right here for sure. He mentioned a 4/20 deer hunt on another new hunter thread. Definitely smoking something.

I would always want to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but given he has posted about an April deer hunt twice it leaves me wondering... Surely you can’t pass your CORE and still not know when hunting seasons are?

MB_Boy
02-18-2018, 08:33 AM
but given he has posted about an April deer hunt twice it leaves me wondering..

And looking to do it in North Vancouver. :roll:

S.W.A.T.
02-18-2018, 08:41 AM
Perhaps a honest eager mistake.

Benefit of doubt given