PDA

View Full Version : Hunting bc screenshot worth seeing (wolf related)

dapesche
02-15-2018, 05:31 PM
http://victoriaanimalnews.com/one-man-bounty-wolves-bc/

.... Can't miss it. I

S.W.A.T.
02-15-2018, 05:56 PM
I think I'm missing it

walks with deer
02-15-2018, 06:04 PM
proguide is this provinces hero....

RackStar
02-15-2018, 06:06 PM
GO STEVE GO!

true hero for the hunting community.

Chrispryn
02-15-2018, 06:21 PM
Wow. Kelly Carson of the deer protection society is a great writer and presents information in a non biased manner.....said no one ever

lovemywinchester
02-15-2018, 06:35 PM
About Kelly Carson

http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/33432ed2cc3e6db5fa1572db4588fb89?s=90&d=mm&r=g
Kelly Carson is the founder of DeerSafe Victoria and president of the B.C. Deer Protection Society. Kelly is a contributor to the Victoria Animal News with years of writing and news release experience. She is a life long animal activist and advocate in Victoria and abroad.

lovemywinchester
02-15-2018, 06:38 PM
President of the deer protection society. You think she would be for less wolves. Proguide has balls, that's for sure. I remember a few years ago when he was naming individual traps after each anti that pissed him off. That must have drivin them crazy, lol.

Danny_29
02-15-2018, 06:56 PM
Let this be a reminder to everyone that this is a public site. I'm just glad the post that was chosen wasn't crippling.

Dash
02-15-2018, 06:58 PM
President of the deer protection society. You think she would be for less wolves. Proguide has balls, that's for sure. I remember a few years ago when he was naming individual traps after each anti that pissed him off. That must have drivin them crazy, lol.

I'm not gunna lie, part of me really hopes he does that again. Someone else suggested it on the other thread... Literally writing their name on a piece of paper and posting a picture of it with with the wolf.. It's sad. I always used to condemn that type of behavior and encourage people to be the "bigger person". But after looking over some of crap they've posted and the bs and lies they're spewing, they deserve it.

Tron
02-15-2018, 07:05 PM
I support Steve in his efforts as well

Foxton Gundogs
02-15-2018, 07:12 PM
Screen shots off of here in the article. Time to rethink HBC's "open door" policy perhaps.

Ohwildwon
02-15-2018, 07:19 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dcIWts5.png

Rhyno
02-15-2018, 07:24 PM
Steve I applaud your efforts. The ignorance of those people is mind boggling.

rocksteady
02-15-2018, 07:32 PM
That's the same pic he has on tinder...

I did swipe right :)

rageous
I would love to know more about the person who wrote the article. Their experiences to this subject. To really explain/justify their position of opposition.

bang flop
I tried to leave a comment.... 2 days in waiting for moderator to approve.... I guess they didn't like my "go Steve go" kinda note.

Gateholio
02-15-2018, 07:41 PM
The comments tell me everything I need to know.

It's been up there for 2 days and only 10 comments. TEN!! About something as controversial as wolf trapping!

If the antis had the numbers they claim, the comments would be in the hundreds by now. It's always a handful of zealots that try to tell the rest of the public how to live their lives, and not just in this issue.

spear
02-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Posted a comment. Wonder if they will allow it. I think it's unlikely as is doesn't fit their rhetoric

limit time
02-15-2018, 07:52 PM
It’s time people wake up. No matter how nice and ethical you are, they hate your guts and will do whatever it takes to stop you from hunting.

Ride Red
02-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Typical cidiots from the comments. Great job Steve!!!

stinkyduck
02-15-2018, 08:20 PM
I posted a comment also as everyone of us that has read this crap. Seems like right no they are only posting anti shit comments!!

Greenthumbed
02-15-2018, 08:32 PM
I commented too. I'm still waiting for moderation. I don't even think I slammed her too bad. I only asked her what she was doing to help dwindling ungulate populations in the province. I asked her not to criticize unless she had a better plan.
I guess she mustn't have a better plan...

Danny_29
02-15-2018, 08:33 PM
Screen shots off of here in the article. Time to rethink HBC's "open door" policy perhaps.

I would view this as backwards step for hunting in BC. Just needed a reminder this could happen...

PKernohan
02-15-2018, 08:56 PM
Lol...how does she not see the irony? Founder of deersafe, and President of the deer protection society of BC (who knew?) And yet is up in arms about a small percentage of hunters/trappers engaged in predator control. If she wants to save some deer, she should be helping Steve!

dapesche
02-15-2018, 08:57 PM
Everyone should click on this link and slide forward to 53m20s.
https://youtu.be/qWjGLAgOYu0

We are shooting ourselves in the foot right now. Antagonizing and disrespecting our opposition is not helping us at all. Yes, 'they' are incredibly frustrating and generally uninformed but they are winning and we are not helping ourselves.

Keep it positive, keep it respectful and educate people whenever possible. Keep the contentious images to private Facebook groups.

Danny_29
02-15-2018, 09:02 PM

We are shooting ourselves in the foot right now. Antagonizing and disrespecting our opposition is not helping us at all. Yes, 'they' are incredibly frustrating and generally uninformed but they are winning and we are not helping ourselves.

Keep it positive, keep it respectful and educate people whenever possible. Keep the contentious images to private Facebook groups.

This is exactly it. It also highlights the magnification ability of such groups.

boblly1
02-15-2018, 09:55 PM
whole lot of anti`s posting to this one boys i found it real hard to stay out of the conversation.Because i feel the all those mangy dogs deserve a spot in doggy heaven but that is just my own opinion.

Bigdoggdon
02-15-2018, 10:09 PM
The Anti's are coming out more than ever now. They have a win with the Gbear hunt ban. Premiere Horgan sighted one of the reasons for the Gbear ban was "it was no longer in the Public Interest of the majority of British Columbians". With that statement he opened the door to every Anti to up their game on the premise that if enough people's voices swayed government policy on the Gbear hunt, then if they make enough noise they can get all hunting banned.

REMINGTON JIM
02-15-2018, 10:13 PM
WOW some people don t like him ! :razz: lol RJ

HarryToolips
02-15-2018, 10:29 PM
Posted a comment. Wonder if they will allow it. I think it's unlikely as is doesn't fit their rhetoric
Same here...go Steve go!

Everett
02-15-2018, 10:37 PM
Well I am glad to see the BC deer protection society finally found a BC resident to be its President up to recently it was Liz White a professional animal rights protester based in Toronto.

Dash
02-15-2018, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately she shared it on Facebook and got quite a lot of attention. If you search Steve's name now the results are full of antis sharing it and saying crazy things. I messaged the woman and of course she ignored it.

Weatherby Fan
02-15-2018, 11:57 PM
I wrote a response but it hasnt been posted or approved ?

steve-r
02-16-2018, 12:05 AM
I posted a few comments..been waiting moderation for a couple days. But they have allowed new comments which are negative towards Steve. So clearly they have no interest in counter views. Responding made me feel better for a few mins but in reality antagonizing them will never bring them over.

Throwaway
02-16-2018, 12:10 AM
I also commented in a calm and factual manner with no moderators approval. It’s been screenshotted. I’m composing an email to her currently informing her that since she’s not interested in credible journalism let alone healthy exchanges of facts and opinion that possibly my wife who works for Global news and my best friend who is an on air reporter at CBC Vancouver might be.

604redneck
02-16-2018, 12:14 AM
I also commented in a calm and factual manner with no moderators approval. It’s been screenshotted. I’m composing an email to her currently informing her that since she’s not interested in credible journalism let alone healthy exchanges of facts and opinion that possibly my wife who works for Global news and my best friend who is an on air reporter at CBC Vancouver might be.

Good on you. I hope they can help us!

Throwaway
02-16-2018, 12:23 AM
If anyone could screenshot their unapproved comments and send them my way I think that would give some weight towards it going somewhere.

sammer
02-16-2018, 02:08 AM
Here was my comment. Probably doesn't hold much weight but I had to try...

Unfortunately you all are overlooking the fact that the writer of this article is the president of the B.C. Deer Protection Society. Wolves are a major predator of deer!
Over the last ten years I have had 6 fawns born in my urban yard. The reason these deer are hiding in my yard is, it is the safest spot for them to hide out while they try to eek out an existence.
Deer are not afraid of us, even though they know we will eat them given the chance.
They are hiding out in our urban environments to avoid the real predators, Wolves.
Look at the problems cities are having with urban deer and elk, they are literally a pest in most small towns now.
You have to watch out for your children and pets when going out for a walk around town.
They are NOT AFRAID of you! They will attack you if you get too close to their young.
They know they are safer from us than they are in the forest where the real predators are.
The recent grizzly hunt ban, and the current save the wolves campaign are misguided.
These predators are a real threat not only to our ungulate population but to our world at large.
Little Red Riding Hood, while a popular children's story, is based in fact. We have just not had to worry about wolves as the population has been kept low for quite some time.
Wolf populations are growing at an exponential rate. It's just a matter of time before this becomes evident. Human interactions are becoming more prevalent. I've seen collared wolves in urban areas chasing elk herds into urban areas, thru golf courses and school grounds.
Banff, and Jasper, real protected areas, where hunting is not allowed, have an urban elk problems. Once again they are hiding our from the real predators, wolves. You might say that the elk are just not scared of humans because they are not hunted in the national park, but this is not the case. They are hiding from the real predator!
I've spent most of my life living and working in the woods in British Columbia and Alberta, I've worked in the Kootenay, Waterton, and Banff national parks. There are areas where ungulates have been totally decimated, not by humans. Areas where there was once huge populations of elk and deer, where now all you see is wolf tracks.

We have let our emotions get in the way of real science. It happens all the time. We are emotional creatures.
WOLVES ARE NOT!

303savage
02-16-2018, 05:17 AM
He is raising funds for snares, leghold traps,

The trouble with snares and traps is they are not very selective.

Wild one
02-16-2018, 05:20 AM

Set correctly they can be a lot more selective then most realize

A lot more to it then hanging cable and tossing out steel

Piperdown
02-16-2018, 07:32 AM
She is a nutbar, i have tried on numerous sites to engage her, she will not engage in any kind of intelligent conversation, especially when related to science. She is just an uneducated housewife, who's only mission in life was maybe to have kids, god help us all if they are as stupid as her. Forget about getting a reply, they only print one side of the story.

Walking Buffalo
02-16-2018, 08:50 AM

The trouble with people is they are not very selective when posting fallacious opinions.

I hope you are just ignorant....

Liptugger
02-16-2018, 09:13 AM
left a comment, lets see if they post it. We should flood them with comments and pics of deer ripped apart from wolves.

digger dogger
02-16-2018, 09:50 AM

You want non selective, xylitol!!!
Google "xylitol an k-9's"

Leg hold traps are designed to release the animal with just some bruising.
That's what trappers use to trap in areas that he/she, may want to let females and or undesirables go.

Ride Red
02-16-2018, 10:00 AM
I also tried to leave a post without any luck. HBC should be more selective too.

DeepJeep
02-16-2018, 02:14 PM
Yes, there are only 10 comments but 20,000 people viewed it. Yes, that includes us as well but even if 10,000 of the views are from her supporter or antis, thats still a lot of exposure.

The comments tell me everything I need to know.

It's been up there for 2 days and only 10 comments. TEN!! About something as controversial as wolf trapping!

If the antis had the numbers they claim, the comments would be in the hundreds by now. It's always a handful of zealots that try to tell the rest of the public how to live their lives, and not just in this issue.

Gateholio
02-16-2018, 02:44 PM
Point is, it should be a hot button issue for them but only 10 actually cared enough to make a comment. It's a handful of zealots that are always trying to stir things up.

DeepJeep
02-16-2018, 02:55 PM
yea shes not very popular thats for sure.

snipersights
02-16-2018, 03:36 PM
I left a comment. It said your comment is waiting moderation will see if it gets posted. Did anyone else happen to notice how there is not a single comment that is pro wolf cull.They only post the anti-cull comments, this is getting worse and worse now to the point where there is a discussion online and people cannot even post a separate opinion because they just will not air that opinion if it doesn’t agree with theirs. I had a huge argument ready for David Wolfe David avocado Wolfe that is on his Facebook page where he put a statement saying that the Alaska government was going To allow people to shoot bears in hibernation and to allow people to shoot bears from helicopters. I challenged him on this and brought up a picture of the page of the Alaska hunting and fishing regulations where it specifically says no animal shall be chased harassed or molested LOL from an aircraft. I posted this picture in a comment on his main page where the discussion was going on and he would not say a word. Then I messaged him and asked him why he was lying on Facebook to all his fans again he did not say a word. I commented in the comment section Asking him why he was lying and still nothing from anyone we need to start fighting this kind of stuff and making these people answer for the crap they’re coming up with. I feel like hunting is not going to be something we have access to in the near future if we don’t make a change here. I will admit I also don’t really know what to do. The anti-hunting groups are so well organized with money and media how do we fight back. I’m open to any suggestions and I would love to do my part to help us all out in the future. At every corner I turn I see less and less opportunities to fight for our point and more people turning the other direction

VI Blacktails
02-16-2018, 03:45 PM
I also left a reply waiting for moderation.I mentioned there would still be a grizzly bear hunt if they went by science and the main reason for the ungulate decrease is from logging and habitat loss.

steveo
02-16-2018, 03:50 PM
The trouble with snares and traps is they are not very selective. Hhmm, someone spreading the wrong information based on opinion, does it sound like someone else you know?

steveo
02-16-2018, 03:58 PM
I also left a reply waiting for moderation.I mentioned there would still be a grizzly bear hunt if they went by science and the main reason for the ungulate decrease is from logging and habitat loss. I would argue that logging and habitat is the main reason but it is a main factor. Lots of deer in the cities and farm lands, I wouldn't consider it prime blacktail habitat but it is almost void of predators.

rimfire
02-16-2018, 04:13 PM
Dat comment section though...

Sonit Nangia - The most dangerous animal on the planet is the human animal. Evil and deceitful, we will be our own end.

Amanda Dwyer - He is nothing other than a murderer. Humans are a plague on this planet

GPC - Clearly he’s nuts just like all irrational predator haters.
Who is allowing this dangerous “man” to make such decisions? They’d better step in and put him in his place NOW!

Thanks for the laugh guys.

stinkyduck
02-16-2018, 04:13 PM
My post finally got posted 24 hours later. im not smart enough to screen shot it, to post here.

eric
02-16-2018, 04:19 PM
Someone on Facebook had mentioned that this Kelly Carson has an account on HBC.

Moderators need to punt her if this is correct....

Ourea
02-16-2018, 05:07 PM
My response is being held for moderator review as well.
Would hate to see a science based comment posted on a site that is purely based on emotion and agenda driven.
Idiots

oureaFebruary 16, 2018 at 10:37 pm (http://victoriaanimalnews.com/one-man-bounty-wolves-bc/#comment-467)

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
Reality is man has altered the landscape in BC to the benefit of wolves.
Science based studies show an explosion of wolves.
Science based studies show an absolute implosion of ungulate populations, particularly moose ( preferred prey of wolves ) Some species are down 75% and shrinking and are directly linked to wolf predation
Wolves are killing and eating wildlife at an unprecedented level due to their robust and ever increasing population. Logging roads and snowmobile trails are wolf hiways allowing them to cover dozens of miles per day in pursuit of prey. Wolves are handicapped if they have to navigate deep snow. Increasing forestry road density simply allows for more efficient killing for wolves.
Where is the compassion for the thousands of deer, elk and moose that suffer an agonizing death, being ripped apart and consumed while still alive?
BC has record low wildlife numbers and the trend is only getting worse.
BC’s wolf numbers are at unprecedented highs.
Not tough to do the math

horse280
02-16-2018, 05:31 PM
Keep sending cash guys bs'ing about some real housewife of Victoria helps nothing send cash over and over my wife is getting mad at emt.s going out of our account but you know what-she is a biologist and gets why im sending it so no love oh well when mama has moose in the freezer she will look fondly upon my spending habits send cash gofund me don't work , tough shit the mail works too this is not going to go away send cash and the less banter that we are spraying the better this grassroots deal works send cash! Horsee

HarryToolips
02-16-2018, 11:29 PM
If anyone could screenshot their unapproved comments and send them my way I think that would give some weight towards it going somewhere.

Good on ya, it would benefit our hunting community greatly if you help get our side of the story out there..

stinkyduck
02-17-2018, 07:33 PM
Well my comment didnt fit their narrative, less than one day and it was deleted. No very subjective reporting.

HarryToolips
02-17-2018, 11:35 PM
^^^^aint that the truth...use those resources and get our story out there Throwaway....

sakohunter
02-19-2018, 01:46 PM
It seems like a nerve has been hit with the animal conservation groups. I posted a reply waiting to see if it gets posted, it is currently waiting moderation review. It will be interesting to see how much they censor the message.

" In reading your posts. It seems that you are right about people being the most dangerous predator of all. The fact that you are willing to do anything to stop this man, say enough about irrational behavior. The wolf is out of control and is having a significant impact on ungulates and domestic animals within BC and USA. If you spent any time in the wilderness, you would see the impact and the imbalance in the ecosystems the wolves have caused. Hunters have been and always will be the first line of conservation. I hunt for food to feed my family, and that is rational behavior."

trapman
02-19-2018, 01:53 PM
LBM in my 20 years of snaring , I have only caught one none targeted animal and that was a coyote. Would like to see how you make and setup your snares. With a deer stop , breakaway and proper placement you should catch what you put out for. If you are catching lots of non-targeted animals like you stated ,that would be on you not your snares

TexasWalker
02-19-2018, 02:19 PM
LBM in my 20 years of snaring , I have only caught one none targeted animal and that was a coyote. Would like to see how you make and setup your snares. With a deer stop , breakaway and proper placement you should catch what you put out for. If you are catching lots of non-targeted animals like you stated ,that would be on you not your snares

She doesn't.
She's a phony.

proguide66
02-19-2018, 06:13 PM
#1 problem is the wrong people are representing us in the more popular clubs - period.
#1 problem on this forum is people typing away running down or pointing out a negative about "snares" or anything else. GOOD WORK, shouldn't take long for the F@CKING SCREEN SHOT TO SHOW UP ON SOCIAL MEDIA !!!!

Winter is trapping time. Proper SETS cleanly and swiftly dispatched fur bearers including wolves ( READ HOW I EFFUNG DELIVERED THAT AGAIN!!!).
Properly placed SETS after a legally licensed trapper has done their due diligence on WHERE the animals travel, where the ungulates winter WILL EASILY AND ONLY dispatch targeted species. ( EFFING GET IT YET ABOUT WHAT TO EFFING TYPE ONLINE ??? ).
Random unskilled POACHERS are responsible for illegal sets killing random species, especially out of season. This is also uncommon but may occur.

"leg hold traps" were banned YEARS ago. "Foot traps" are legal, and no different then today's handcuffs for humans and probably cause LESS discomfort.

Anyway, maybe it's time to punt, ban forever 'members' who continually insist on spreading miserable rhetoric on here when it comes to hunting, shooting or trapping.

Screen shots of bullshit are coming FROM HERE. How effing stupid can a person be to POST SCREEN SHOT WORTHY SHIT IN HERE???

Anyway, on a side note, this anti thing isn't my first rodeo, I've been a poster boy on the front page of a few anti web sites in the past.
Guess how many antis I seen in the woods? None.
Guess how it affected my actions - none.
Guess how many people full of hate I encountered in person? None.
Guess how much I think about it at night ? NONE.

its as easy to make go away as a button push- done.
As Gatehouse pointed out, I have had maybe 12 antis type away at me online - SO YAWN.
Meanwhile my video reach is continually 20k to 800k people EVERY DAY.

Im good ! I wouldn't even think of replying to the web site, it will go away on its own like a minor hemmoroid.
As far as the Kelly woman ( forgot her name already, sorry if it's wrong), all she is doing is showing the world what happens when you let you're gina grow over - evil anger- that's IT !
( screen shot that and repost it sweetheart, your hubby prolly wants to buy me a beer now ��).

Onward !!

PS, you guys want to fight and WIN?? ATTACK THE ANTIS IN YOUR CLUBS !!

Fisher-Dude
02-19-2018, 07:59 PM
Sorry this was the line i was asking about, and do show us some of your fine animals you have harvested, maybe what areas, short story, pictures of you making sausage etc, you know like the things hunters do, thanks in advance

I hear Jassmine has some deadly sausage recipes.

Surrey Boy
02-19-2018, 09:18 PM
I'm so proud of HBC!

Ride Red
02-20-2018, 07:45 AM
Well my comment wasn’t posted either. Looks like this woman doesn’t like the truth, just her narrow minded fairytales. Wait till the big bad wolf comes chewing on her little creatures in her yard and see what happens. It never ceases to amaze me how narrow minded people can be. When will it change.

LBM
02-20-2018, 09:24 AM
Don't have a clue what your talking about where did I stat I did any of this.

LBM
02-20-2018, 09:25 AM
Well my comment wasn’t posted either. Looks like this woman doesn’t like the truth, just her narrow minded fairytales. Wait till the big bad wolf comes chewing on her little creatures in her yard and see what happens. It never ceases to amaze me how narrow minded people can be. When will it change.
It wont that's evident.

steve-r
02-20-2018, 11:43 AM
Don't have a clue what your talking about where did I stat I did any of this.
I just reviewed about 500 of your posts. Content adds no value. Mostly negative. A few posts congratulating hunter success, no doubt for credibility. A few about 4-25. The rest seem anti hunting. 100% Troll. Admins please remove this person.

Fred1
02-20-2018, 01:35 PM
Full support For Steve! Social media is going to rule our govt actions more and more often. Time to speak up!

Fred1
02-20-2018, 01:36 PM
I tried to leave a comment.... 2 days in waiting for moderator to approve.... I guess they didn't like my "go Steve go" kinda note.

Me too... waiting 4 days... ha...

Fred1
02-20-2018, 01:42 PM

I don't know if any or how many of you guys are on twitter or FB but the antis kill us on social media... They have massive exposures that across countries. Its time to stop hiding what we do out there. For sure educate! How do you do this within a closed group? There are lots of reports and facts floating around on FB for instance that can be FWD with great results regarding education and exposure. Talking about it in a closed, like minded group is moot....

Ourea
02-20-2018, 01:50 PM
I just reviewed about 500 of your posts (LBM). Content adds no value. Mostly negative. A few posts congratulating hunter success, no doubt for credibility. A few about 4-25. The rest seem anti hunting. 100% Troll. Admins please remove this person.

Just one of several....

steve-r
02-20-2018, 01:55 PM
Just one of several....
how about we start a thread that is sticky, identifying trolls, just like the classified bad guy list. Since the screenshot they used included something I posted, I feel the need to call out these f$&@tards.
Admins, what is your stance on rooting out those whoose primary agenda is to undermine us?

Ourea
02-20-2018, 02:04 PM
...... Social media is going to rule our govt actions more and more often. Time to speak up!

Very relevant post Fred1.
The heavily far left favoring news entities/networks basically control THEIR message and how they want the public to perceive information. With the evolution of social media their controlled way of presenting information is being challenged as others have the ability to offer another perspective.

Proguide's situation and efforts is a prime example of this.

Ron.C
02-20-2018, 02:47 PM
I just reviewed about 500 of your posts. Content adds no value. Mostly negative. A few posts congratulating hunter success, no doubt for credibility. A few about 4-25. The rest seem anti hunting. 100% Troll. Admins please remove this person.

LBM actually PM' d me some goat hunting info this year. It was unsolicited and just plain old good gesture. He/she is not an anti hunter

Bustercluck
02-20-2018, 02:59 PM
LBM actually PM' d me some goat hunting info this year. It was unsolicited and just plain old good gesture. He/she is not an anti hunter
Maybe the group of people that think antis are sending moles to infiltrate their secret lair should start a secret forum where they have to invite each other and prove your worth, just like organized criminals. Maybe another member has to see you kill an animal and get blood on your hands before you're allowed in.

steve-r
02-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Maybe the group of people that think antis are sending moles .....
Don't have to think it, it's pretty blatant. What more evidence do you need antis are trolling here after they post a screenshot from here? A post or two for the purpose of masking credibility doesn't justify 500+ negative posts, many of which include questions that seem research oriented. Go look at all of them and then come back and tell us what you conclude?

LBM
02-20-2018, 03:21 PM
Don't have to think it, it's pretty blatant. What more evidence do you need antis are trolling here after they post a screenshot from here? A post or two for the purpose of masking credibility doesn't justify 500+ negative posts, many of which include questions that seem research oriented. Go look at all of them and then come back and tell us what you conclude?

Sorry to disapoint you but not a anti, tired of hunting being taking away yes especially when its is being done by other hunters or out door groups. Research oriented not sure were that comes from but you are entitled to your opinion.
Wont bother going through and reading your posts for doesn't interest me, but it does say you only have 59 but maybe that's wrong.

Piperdown
02-20-2018, 05:33 PM
Snap shoot this you anti's, Kelly Carson, 790 Dominion Rd 303, Victoria, BC, phone # 383-6332. Give her a call and see if she will engage you in an intellectual conversation, maybe ask why she is so spineless and won't post anything but bullshit on here site, 2 can play at this game. Now can we get this thread back on track, LBM if you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread go start one yourself.

stinkyduck
02-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Call that narrow minded anti for sure! However don't forget the bottom line, lets encourage our local trappers to help this needed cause, Send money buy them some supplies, gas, bait............ every little bit helps!!!!! You hunt, You need to help, or eventually No hunting, Then what sense would be to own guns? In their minds!!

LBM
02-21-2018, 08:42 AM
Snap shoot this you anti's, Kelly Carson, 790 Dominion Rd 303, Victoria, BC, phone # 383-6332. Give her a call and see if she will engage you in an intellectual conversation, maybe ask why she is so spineless and won't post anything but bullshit on here site, 2 can play at this game. Now can we get this thread back on track, LBM if you don't have anything constructive to add to this thread go start one yourself.

What do you mean by Constructive you have posted twice on this thread, basically calling a lady a nutbar, uneducated housewife, stupid and spineless. Personally don't think comments like that or attacks on people with different opinions do any help for hunters or outdoors people. You then say she only posts BS and only prints one side of the story, just like some of these threads are doing. Personally think people should be able to see both sides and go with what they believe.

dapesche
02-21-2018, 09:08 AM
What do you mean by Constructive you have posted twice on this thread, basically calling a lady a nutbar, uneducated housewife, stupid and spineless. Personally don't think comments like that or attacks on people with different opinions do any help for hunters or outdoors people. You then say she only posts BS and only prints one side of the story, just like some of these threads are doing. Personally think people should be able to see both sides and go with what they believe.

I'm starting to have regretted starting this thread.

The intention was to show users of this forum that what we say is visable to the general public. That if we want to be taken serious and to be respected that we have to be respectful.

As soon as I saw the contact details flash up I sent a message to the moderators to have this thread closed. It's spiraled out of control.

Huntingbc forums is doing the work for anti hunters. Shooting ourselves in the foot.

Piperdown
02-21-2018, 10:56 AM

And what have you supplied but a list of removed posts, good work.

Ourea
02-21-2018, 12:40 PM
I'm starting to have regretted starting this thread.

The intention was to show users of this forum that what we say is visable to the general public. That if we want to be taken serious and to be respected that we have to be respectful.

As soon as I saw the contact details flash up I sent a message to the moderators to have this thread closed. It's spiraled out of control.

Huntingbc forums is doing the work for anti hunters. Shooting ourselves in the foot.

dapesche, the challenge is you are dealing with a social and emotionally driven base.
They couldn't give a rats ass about any data, science, inventory counts that don't support their agenda.
There is nothing you can say or do that will change their view and position.
Would an anti hunter ever change our minds so we don't hunt?
Not bloody likely.

The platform is to get information out to the non-hunting population (not Anti-Hunting, big difference).

Anti groups will lie, manipulate, sensor, create/falsify propaganda driven messaging for their cause and justify it.
They don't give a shit about anything we have to say. Facts and science only serves to undermine their platform.

I have posted on this gals comment page....never saw the light of day.
I emailed her directly, respectfully asking why she deleted all comments that called out the issue of the huge swing in the imbalance in our ecosystem....ungulate populations at record lows...wolves at record highs.
Nothing but crickettes.

Antis show zero respect as we are perceived as the devil.
Non-hunters we can educate as their minds are somewhat open

proguide66
02-21-2018, 01:14 PM
https://scontent.fcxh2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28276674_2027867770814787_1381299866806343650_n.jp g?oh=67377c7a7d6b2325e0da130607c22680&oe=5B0A616D

TexasWalker
02-21-2018, 01:22 PM
https://scontent.fcxh2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28276674_2027867770814787_1381299866806343650_n.jp g?oh=67377c7a7d6b2325e0da130607c22680&oe=5B0A616D

What page is that?
This is the same sissy that got up and asked Trudeau what he was going to do to protect animals in Canada.

Ourea
02-21-2018, 01:22 PM
^^^^^
That was subtle Steve.
LMAO

Ohwildwon
02-21-2018, 02:20 PM
^^^^^
That was subtle Steve.
LMAO

Actually, that's only half of it! :-)

dapesche
02-21-2018, 02:42 PM
dapesche, the challenge is you are dealing with a social and emotionally driven base.
They couldn't give a rats ass about any data, science, inventory counts that don't support their agenda.
There is nothing you can say or do that will change their view and position.
Would an anti hunter ever change our minds so we don't hunt?
Not bloody likely.

The platform is to get information out to the non-hunting population (not Anti-Hunting, big difference).

Anti groups will lie, manipulate, sensor, create/falsify propaganda driven messaging for their cause and justify it.
They don't give a shit about anything we have to say. Facts and science only serves to undermine their platform.

I have posted on this gals comment page....never saw the light of day.
I emailed her directly, respectfully asking why she deleted all comments that called out the issue of the huge swing in the imbalance in our ecosystem....ungulate populations at record lows...wolves at record highs.
Nothing but crickettes.

Antis show zero respect as we are perceived as the devil.
Non-hunters we can educate as their minds are somewhat open

I agree with you.

We need to agree to disagree with Anti-hunters. It is wasted energy trying to educate them, because they don't want to be educated. Who cares that they don't care what we have to say. I also posted a quick comment to someone who just said that hunters were killers and only wanted the trophy on the wall. My comment was strictly regarding the meat and the health benefits of it...It was never posted. That's their choice, which is fine.

Our focus should be on the the general public who have no real opinion. They need to be the focus. They need to see hunting as lifestyle that benefits families and our wildlife. If they are educated and understand both sides of the argument, then it's easy for them to identify the bullshit and exaggeration. We need them to make up their own mind vs. us telling them what they should think.

We need to stop antagonizing the group. From what proguide66 is posting, his life's ambition is to antagonize them. :)

Ourea
02-21-2018, 02:55 PM
I agree with you.

We need to agree to disagree with Anti-hunters. It is wasted energy trying to educate them, because they don't want to be educated. Who cares that they don't care what we have to say. I also posted a quick comment to someone who just said that hunters were killers and only wanted the trophy on the wall. My comment was strictly regarding the meat and the health benefits of it...It was never posted. That's their choice, which is fine.

Our focus should be on the the general public who have no real opinion. They need to be the focus. They need to see hunting as lifestyle that benefits families and our wildlife. If they are educated and understand both sides of the argument, then it's easy for them to identify the bullshit and exaggeration. We need them to make up their own mind vs. us telling them what they should think.

We need to stop antagonizing the group. From what proguide66 is posting, his life's ambition is to antagonize them. :)

Read my post again.
I said Anti hunters are a waste of time to engage.
Non-hunters are a vast segment of the population that simply don't hunt but are not necessarily opposed to hunting.
Massive difference between the two.

dapesche
02-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Read my post again.
I said Anti hunters are a waste of time to engage.
Non-hunters are a vast segment of the population that simply don't hunt but are not necessarily opposed to hunting.
Massive difference between the two.

oops. Read through your post too quickly.
We're on same page.