PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Deer in the Tulameen

Sooke Hunter
08-17-2007, 09:36 PM
My son and I are planning a trip into the Tulameen this October and would like some info as to where to hunt.8-)

Jelvis
08-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Sooke Hunter
You picked a top notch area with good timing. I would think anywhere from Tulameen or Coalmont like Loadstone Mt 1895 metres etc you should do good in MU 8-5, great area all around a good population of mule deer, I hope you and your son have a super time hunting together, Jel

30-06
08-18-2007, 09:16 AM
good boots.good shape. like to walk. the terrain around here is very steep in most places.iv seen quite a few bucks lately on the highway into tlameen.but there all 2 points or spikes.
P.s- I Like "The" Tulameen lol

BCLongshot
08-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Nice area.

You'll have fun.

When I was in that area for a big blackie this spring we were calling those damn bucks right to our vehicle ! Damn animals. I wish they'd quit reading the regs.

boonerbuck
08-18-2007, 07:02 PM
When you say "The Tulameen" do you mean around the area of the town or the river?

Tulameen area is pretty big with deer activity peaking at different times. Around town late Oct to closing can be real good, the other side up Loadstone can be good til late Oct with serious action hitting when the first deep snow hits up high.

If you mean the upper river then the deer are out of there for the most part by early/mid Oct.

mapguy
08-19-2007, 07:37 AM
it's been great in the past once the snows hit up high we've seen up to forty in a bunch

Sooke Hunter
08-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know if there is a meat storage facility in Princeton?

I noticed that the regs show a spike-fork moose and 6-point elk season which will be open when we are planning to be there.....October 6 - 20.

Quads OK to use there?

How about trout fishing? Grouse hunting?8)

Sooke Hunter
08-19-2007, 08:39 AM
When does the snow usually hit the high country? We will be there from Oct 6 - 16. Too early. I suppose the snow pushes the bigger migratory bucks out. Big migratory bucks are great....but a few younger fork/3 point bucks would be fine....good eaters!!

Sooke Hunter
08-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Still not exactly sure where we are going to focus our hunt.....be there from October 6 -16......should we be hunting at higher elevations during this time or?? Thanks for your reply!!

Sooke Hunter
08-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Allowed to use ATVs up there?

Sooke Hunter
08-19-2007, 08:48 AM
So you would suggest the area around Lodestone for this time of year!

Any forest recreation sites to set up camp in that area?

Trout fishing?

Thanks for your info!

Red Foreman
08-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Yes you can use quads.I've seen lots of them in that area.

Jelvis
08-19-2007, 08:55 AM
Snow comes early in high mountains don't worry about all that stuff, you go there and hunt and it will be easy to figure out, snow comes and melts up high more than once until it stays. If you want smaller bucks for better meat than drive around to nice spots early about day break. You got lots of time to hunt over a week, so you will get a chance or two. Main thing, have fun and enjoy your self while your there, it's game country.

30-06
08-19-2007, 12:21 PM
last year snow hit in the mountains at lower elevations in November.yes quads are allowed. fishing in the river isn't bad. but nothing huge in there. grouse hunting is alright if your in the right spot