PDA

View Full Version : Charter out of Telegraph Creek BC

BCHunterTV
01-30-2018, 10:31 AM
Looking for a company that flys out of Telegragh creek... I have a lake in mind, and BC Yukon Air doesn't fly into the lake

Wanting to hunt caribou..

Thanks

Everett
01-30-2018, 10:50 AM
http://www.flightsnorth.com/

BCHunterTV
01-30-2018, 12:14 PM
http://www.flightsnorth.com/

They just sold their beaver and can't fly Into the lake, that's whoninwas originally booked with

Danny

Skeena Shooter
01-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Last August my brother and myself flew with Tsayta Air out of telegraph creek. I Beleave they have an office in Smithers and Fort St James. They have a beaver float plane up there all summer and into late fall.

BCHunterTV
01-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Last August my brother and myself flew with Tsayta Air out of telegraph creek. I Beleave they have an office in Smithers and Fort St James. They have a beaver float plane up there all summer and into late fall.

I know they normally do.. he called and I was told the regular pilot had surgery and isn't well. And the Beavers been sold

butcher
01-30-2018, 01:50 PM
Did you check tatogga lake? Is harbour air still flying out of there? A good bet for you if you're still going where I think.

Camomutt
01-30-2018, 03:20 PM
I think alpine lakes flies out of Tatoga

MattW
01-30-2018, 08:42 PM
Alpine Lakes has a Turbine Otter at Smithers and they fly out of Tatogga too. Nice folks.

MattW
01-30-2018, 09:03 PM
Lakes District Air has a Beaver at Burns Lake.

Deadshot
01-30-2018, 09:29 PM
And why wouldn't BC Yukon Air fly into that lake?
Must be in the no fly zone!

Stone Sheep Steve
01-30-2018, 09:32 PM
And why wouldn't BC Yukon Air fly into that lake?
Must be in the no fly zone!

Yep. Flew with a pilot a couple years ago just as BC Yukon said they wouldn't take anyone into a lake with a GO cabin on it in the following year.
The pilot was happy about it as he was going to be the only pilot flying into that lake (and a few others).

SSS

EvanG
01-31-2018, 06:51 AM
There are a lot of lakes Tsayta wount fly into either. Pretty sure their float base is on land leased from Heidi .

butcher
01-31-2018, 10:16 AM
Never had a problem with BC Yukon taking me anywhere. As long as I'm a little flexible on timing so there's no conflict.

CheesyLimper
01-31-2018, 12:10 PM
I booked with BCYukon about 2 weeks ago for this fall and there were specific places they wouldn't fly to. Tbh though, as they weren't places I was interested in for this year, I never asked why.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-31-2018, 12:10 PM
Never had a problem with BC Yukon taking me anywhere. As long as I'm a little flexible on timing so there's no conflict.

The new owners didn't buy the business to have another floatplane or base. Who needs two bases side by side on adjoining properties.?

SpottedPony
01-31-2018, 12:19 PM
The new owners didn't buy the business to have another floatplane or base. Who needs two bases side by side on adjoining properties.?
Did the new owners have a commercial license to operate a charter business before they bought out the neighbours?
Just wondering.

butcher
01-31-2018, 12:25 PM
They are guide outfitters and have a reputation, warranted or not, of not welcoming residents in certain areas. Like I said, never had a problem with them. They even flew me into a lake where they have a camp. Just not while clients were there.

SpottedPony
01-31-2018, 12:31 PM
That makes perfect sense.

Deadshot
01-31-2018, 02:13 PM
They are guide outfitters and have a reputation, warranted or not, of not welcoming residents in certain areas. Like I said, never had a problem with them. They even flew me into a lake where they have a camp. Just not while clients were there.
"Just not while clients were there"
They'll stack the clients up on "other than their lakes" all season long.
There may be some competition coming back into Dease Lake anyways.

butcher
01-31-2018, 02:24 PM
I can only speak to my experience. They have never put me in on top of another client or put one in on top of me. In fact we have worked out transport days to split costs with other resident groups.

I'm not saying it's never done, but I have no first hand knowledge.

I'd also welcome another charter in town, hopefully one with a Super cub.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-31-2018, 03:06 PM
Did the new owners have a commercial license to operate a charter business before they bought out the neighbours?
Just wondering.

Good point. Not sure if the answer though....but the previous owner was on here when I made a similar statement and agreed with me.

butcher
01-31-2018, 03:09 PM
So it would seem you and the previous owner have a lot in common. Similar personalities maybe? LOL

plumbcrazy
01-31-2018, 03:50 PM
I just heard back from Clarence Hogen, he said they have pulled out of Telegraph cr. I guess we will have to see if a new company comes in. But for now Tysata has moved out.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-31-2018, 05:17 PM
So it would seem you and the previous owner have a lot in common. Similar personalities maybe? LOL

Yep. We'd both make great Walmart greeters!

Cordillera
02-02-2018, 09:42 PM
I just heard back from Clarence Hogen, he said they have pulled out of Telegraph cr. I guess we will have to see if a new company comes in. But for now Tysata has moved out.

This is bad news. I think this means only two planes in this country. A beaver in Dease Lake that will not fly everywhere, and a Cessna from tatogga. Or go to Atlin.

My guess is someone will fill in the base in telegraph as there was quite a bit of business for a couple guides and flying fish for the Alaskans. But just in case I’d book my flight now if you want go up there this year.

Deadshot
02-03-2018, 12:24 AM
Chris may be out as far as Atlin goes.
I think a Whitehorse outfit will fill the void.

Skull Hunter
02-03-2018, 09:44 AM
I've never looked into the available options, but flying out of Watson Lake might also be an opportunity.

Cordillera
02-11-2018, 10:15 PM
Chris may be out as far as Atlin goes.
I think a Whitehorse outfit will fill the void.

Do you know something about Atlin air? Chris is totally professional. Hope he does not leave.

Cat catcher
02-11-2018, 10:21 PM
Chris is done! Someone else might come in from Whitehorse.