PDA

View Full Version : Michael Lee on hunting and wildlife?

01-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Anybody know his stance??

IronNoggin
01-26-2018, 01:45 PM
He touts the party line in his platform.
Nothing original, nothing beyond the Liberal Play Book statements.
He did attempt to garner Fed support with a short open letter to the Hunting & Angling Community.
Guess that was viewed more or less as pandering as no support followed from anyone.

Largely ignorant to the topic, but willing to suggest he is onside.
Sound like a regular ol' politico to you?
Does to me... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

Seeker
01-26-2018, 01:52 PM
Sent him the question about his plan for wildlife funding. No response in over 2 weeks. His claim to "know" interior BC during the last debate was lacking any sort of substance. I liked his approach on many issues, but he is green and a city boy through and through.

01-26-2018, 02:59 PM
Sent him the question about his plan for wildlife funding. No response in over 2 weeks. His claim to "know" interior BC during the last debate was lacking any sort of substance. I liked his approach on many issues, but he is green and a city boy through and through.

Yeah, I sent him questions about wildlife management and in particular the grizzly ban. He hasn't responded. At least Diane Watt's actually called me.

Bugle M In
01-26-2018, 03:05 PM
Just don't go with any LM city folk.
I live here, and I trust none of them that are from around here.
I doubt Lee would be a good choice for hunters.

Bear Chaser
01-26-2018, 03:36 PM
Yeah, I sent him questions about wildlife management and in particular the grizzly ban. He hasn't responded. At least Diane Watt's actually called me.

So what did she have to say about the grizzly hunt?

01-26-2018, 03:44 PM
So what did she have to say about the grizzly hunt?

She said she would use science when managing wildlife, including grizzly, but she would not commit to lifting the ban. Over-all, I felt her answers were fairly political. She definitely didn't overwhelm me with her passion for sound wildlife management.

Bear Chaser
01-26-2018, 03:50 PM
She said she would use science when managing wildlife, including grizzly, but she would not commit to lifting the ban. Over-all, I felt her answers were fairly political. She definitely didn't overwhelm me with her passion for sound wildlife management.

Thats what I expected.

Fisher-Dude
01-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Best thing for any politician, and for hunters, is not to campaign on reopening the grizzly hunt.

Horgan politicized hunting and vilified hunters when he made it an election issue, and now we're teetering close to the brink of losing it all. He used us to get urban latte-sipper votes by making us blood-smeared savages in the city slickers' eyes.

I believe it's best for politicians running against Horgan and Weaver (who called us barbarians) to leave the grizzly debate alone and simply open the season up later on down the road. Most voters have short memories and a party that reopens the hunt with little fanfare in year one or two of a mandate won't suffer much collateral damage come the next election. Those who feel strongly against the hunt will never vote for anyone other than the NDP or Greens anyway, and the majority lump in the middle just want jobs and low taxes.

gutpile
01-27-2018, 05:21 AM
Your totally wrong their Fisher- Dude , If the politicians can't promise to open the grizzly hunt during a election they sure will not open it once they get into power .
why would they then create unnesasary problems for them self's ?

Fisher-Dude
01-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Your totally wrong their Fisher- Dude , If the politicians can't promise to open the grizzly hunt during a election they sure will not open it once they get into power .
why would they then create unnesasary problems for them self's ?

No, I'm politically astute, because I spend time with MLAs and MPs learning how the political levers are pulled.

Standing in a debate, facing 2 million voters, and declaring that opening a grizzly hunt will happen, against the wishes of all but a few hundred thousand hunters and their families, is a non-starter.

Lots of politicians do things after they were elected that they were wise to avoid during the campaign. That's how they get elected in the first place. Just look at how many idiots on this very forum voted NDP by believing that Horgan was going to keep the grizzly hunt and just require meat removal.

elknut
01-27-2018, 03:00 PM
Yup ...With you Fisher -Dude...If a Liberal candidate supports openly that he or she will open up the hunt for G bears then the Antis will bring in the Hollywood Elite and really throw retoric against the candidate..Get elected and then lobbying from the BCWF and Guide outfitters to get it reinstated..Dennis...Any way you slice it its a tough road to hoe....

Bugle M In
01-27-2018, 03:07 PM
It's no different a tactics then what Heyman (ndp) was doing running up to the elections.
Trying to convince me and anyone who'd listen that they would only remove the "Trophy" part from the Gbear hunt.
Only to afterwards ban it once in.
Someone coming out openly in support, will cost them votes.
But, I understand the differences of opinion on this thread.