PDA

View Full Version : Almost looks like a Chadwick Ram!

Ramshot
08-17-2007, 09:15 AM
Here's a monster stone from this season! 46x48. Awesome. Looks like the Chadwick Ram.

porcupine
08-17-2007, 09:19 AM
WOW! any more details?
________
Harley-Davidson Hummer (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Harley-Davidson_Hummer)

Krico
08-17-2007, 09:24 AM
What a SMASHER:shock::-o:shock:

todbartell
08-17-2007, 09:25 AM
amazing animal

Chuck
08-17-2007, 09:42 AM
A fine and regal beast for sure....does anyone know if sheep are considered regal? If not, then too bad, I think it is. Chuck.

Fisher-Dude
08-17-2007, 10:03 AM
I think I just wet my pannies. :redface:

That is a ram of a lifetime...no, many lifetimes.

bigwhiteys
08-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Nice Ram - Whats the short version of the story.. Resi? Guided?

Carl

BCrams
08-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Isn't that the Yukon stone with the Watson outfit.

Ramshot
08-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Apparently, it was taken with Yukon Stone Outfitters. Hunters name is Don Snyder from the good old USA!

Elkhound
08-17-2007, 10:14 AM
what an animal:shock:

bigwhiteys
08-17-2007, 10:18 AM
One of our close friends guides for YukonStone. We heard about this Ram the day it was killed via a satellite phone call. I knew pictures would be along soon :)

Carl

BCrams
08-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I think a bowhunter chased that same ram last year but they could not connect.

srupp
08-17-2007, 10:25 AM
I need a few moments.....what a sheep...looks like more mass overall than even the Chadwick ram....hmmmmm more reason to get out there again...

wow!

steven

bigwhiteys
08-17-2007, 10:27 AM

Correct... The Ram in the picture on the top of their site is this same ram... You can barely see it in the pic though.

Carl

Rock Doctor
08-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Very Nice Ram.

oscar makonka
08-17-2007, 11:40 AM
I think this is the same ram

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/markdriscoll/STONE20SHEEP201.jpghttp:// (http://)http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/markdriscoll/STONE203.jpg

ursus
08-17-2007, 11:47 AM
Not too bad, heavy ram!:wink:

bigwhiteys
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM

It's the same hunter that shot the ram this year... He tried this year with a bow as well but apparently couldn't get him so opted to take him with a rifle. I don't blame him!

Carl

BCrams
08-17-2007, 12:34 PM
It's the same hunter that shot the ram this year... He tried this year with a bow as well but apparently couldn't get him so opted to take him with a rifle. I don't blame him!

Carl

To have a second chance on that ram! Wow.

Looks to me they 'underjudged' that ram last year as I am sure it was more like 45"x47" last year

Jelvis
08-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Looks like the curly fries I ate for lunch wow

Lil Buck
08-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Ive seen bigger....In the zoooo

Nice ram ,a little bigger than mine..

:p

mark
08-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Incredible, I find it hard to believe that sheep of that class still exist in the wild. I mean with outfitters and planes and helicopters, ya think that sucker would have been hunted down years ago! Truly awesome! I dont know much about scoring sheep, but is that gonna be near a new record???

ribber
08-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks for sharing that picture!!!!!!!:smile:

Will
08-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Pics like that may just motivate and Old Ba$tard to climb a mountain or two..............:shock:

Nice http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/Smilies/rockOn.gif

dana
08-17-2007, 06:01 PM
WOW!!!!! That is an incredible ram. That hunter sure has some horseshoes up his ass. I'm sure the deep pockets help too. In addition to that ram, he killed a 250 inch Kiabab muley last year. It was on the cover of the Nov/Dec 06 issue of Muley Crazy.

Will
08-17-2007, 06:51 PM
WOW!!!!! That is an incredible ram. That hunter sure has some horseshoes up his ass. I'm sure the deep pockets help too. In addition to that ram, he killed a 250 inch Kiabab muley last year. It was on the cover of the Nov/Dec 06 issue of Muley Crazy.
Well the truth comes out..........
Money really does buy Happyness ! :lol::lol::wink:

willy442
08-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Incredible, I find it hard to believe that sheep of that class still exist in the wild. I mean with outfitters and planes and helicopters, ya think that sucker would have been hunted down years ago! Truly awesome! I dont know much about scoring sheep, but is that gonna be near a new record???

The Ram was taken in a very remote area of the Yukon in a guide area that was owned a few years back by Clayton Martin. The Watson family purchased this area a couple of years ago, after selling thier B.C. outfit (Christina Falls). This ram was hunted by a few different hunters last year and while hunting this one they took the other big ram you see in the 2006 photo album on thier web site. Darwin Watson (the father) guided last years ram and his son Mack was the guide on this one. This Ram although very long, is light on the base's. The info I have puts the rough score in the upper 170's. Still a huge Ram, regardless of Boone and Crockett score.

daycort
08-17-2007, 07:45 PM
ya i remember darwin saying after last year while I was in 8 seconds that he will have a gagger for this year for people to talk about.

1/2 slam
08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Well the truth comes out..........
Money really does buy Happyness ! :lol::lol::wink:

Just what difference does money make? For all you know this guy saved for years for the hunt. I've met a number of guys doing sheep hunts. A lot of them were just like you and I. Except in stead of whining about the rich going on these hunts they did something about it.

I'm sure this guy earned the sheep. It's the trophy of a lifetime.

dana
08-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Come on now halfslam, it's pretty obvious that this guy didn't scrimp and save to get to hunt this ram 2 years in a row. He killed that 250 muley on the Kiabab cause he had the Governer's Tag. Do you know how much an AZ Governer's Tag goes for? Sometimes having deep pockets is a big asset to killing big animals nowadays. It sounds like this ram was hard-earned. That's refreshing to see. A lot of times the big money guys are no more than shooters as they kill well before or well after the rest of us can. Seeing the stories on the AZ and NV Governors Elk Tags this year is pretty sickening.

BTW, There was a hilarious post on MM about a guy sitting in a lawnchair drinking beer watching a monster buck on the Kiabab. He named it King Toad. He gave the exact location of the buck in the post. King Toad is the 250 inch monster. :)

1/2 slam
08-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Yes I do know the kind of money it goes for. In fact I was at the FNAWS convention when the guy paid huge money for the Alberta permit. He was at the next table.

My comment still stands. It's all about choices. People have made certain choices and have to live by them. The fact is that there is no a hunt in the world you cant afford to go on. You simply choose not to. If you decided to do an Altai Argali hunt in Mongolia $50,000) you could find a way. It may take a while but you could come up with the money. Ah the excuse...I have a wife and kids...CHOICES. You chose that path but you could still do any hunt you want.

Yes there are a lot of very rich people who go on hunts, but, I say there are just as many people, like you and I, who save for a long time to go on hunts.

BTW the term you is used as a generalization.

dana
08-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Halfslam,
You obviously come from the Pie In The Sky American Dream camp. You can do anything if you set your mind to it, pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. LOL! Sorry, I come from the more realistic, you are pretty much born into the social class you are in, life's hard and then ya die camp. There ain't no way in Hell I could ever set my mind to buying a AZ Governer's Deer Tag and hunt Yukon Stones two years in a row. Sorry but I just barely afford the AZ tag. ;)

Gateholio
08-18-2007, 04:30 PM
My comment still stands. It's all about choices. People have made certain choices and have to live by them. The fact is that there is no a hunt in the world you cant afford to go on. You simply choose not to. If you decided to do an Altai Argali hunt in Mongolia $50,000) you could find a way. It may take a while but you could come up with the money. Ah the excuse...I have a wife and kids...CHOICES. You chose that path but you could still do any hunt you want.

This is so true...

I get funny looks when I tell peopel I woudl rather spend money on a hunting trip than a new truck or quad.8-)

Will
08-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Except in stead of whining about the rich going on these hunts
Who was "Whining" about anything ???......I was making a Jest about the trips this fella has been on as of late....they aren't cheap, most people with some bit of sense would appreciate this :roll:

It's the trophy of a lifetime.
Nobody is disputing the fact it's the Trophy of a Lifetime....obviously it is and then some.

Lighten up :neutral:

Lil Buck
08-18-2007, 11:27 PM
You guys dont know Don Snyder...

Yes He is rich..Very and he is self made....He hunts hard and he deserves his rewards.
People are so critical of others fortunes ,be it money ,possesions and even B&C Critters ,.
I know many of the guys who have the ability to buy the covented tags .They are all like you and me..A few have been born into the money but most have made the money themselves and have worked very hard for it.

I still love it when you hear the stories of the first time hunter getting a pig,the guys drawing the LEHs etc...
I am just glad these big critters still exsist and you or I can possibly get a chance at them...

:D And that is that..lol
My congrats go to Don and the outfitter ..great Ram.

David Heitsman
08-19-2007, 08:42 PM
I believe that this is the president of Schneider National which is a huge trucking company in Wisconsin. There was a Don Schneider from this trucking company who hunted the week prior to me at Arctic Red River for Dall's back in 95. Have't met him yet but hope to one day.

Half Slam: Just when are we going after one of those Mongolian curly horned altimeter beasts?

Lil Buck
08-19-2007, 09:42 PM
This hunter is Don Snyder sorry Dave ...

;)

bbm
09-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Where can i get a picture of this ram at . Thanks