PDA

View Full Version : Think the Anti's are Busy??

Bugle M In
01-16-2018, 04:39 PM
So, just had this come across my FB.
While we argue, and try to push each other's buttons, the others just get "organized".
Take a look!
https://www.change.org/p/kathryn-mcgarry-ban-leg-hold-traps-in-canada?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=link&recruiter=197165511

stinkyduck
01-16-2018, 05:34 PM
Aren't leg hold traps already banned?

Blainer
01-16-2018, 05:39 PM
I have never seen us under such attack. I can barely handle FB as it is inundated with anti Troohy hunting bull$hit.
They are completely uneducated about conservation and wildlife in general, but they have numbers and appear to be gaining momentum with organization.
It appears our battle is not just with the Gov't

proguide66
01-16-2018, 05:59 PM
Thankfully they are trying to get something banned which doesn't exist , whew !
What SHOULD be legal is to take them to court for using misleading dishonest content with out proof of claims.

338win mag
01-16-2018, 06:00 PM
When I trapped 40 years ago, the same stuff going on, I guess its different with today with the ease of reaching the populace, but it was going on then too.

dana
01-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Don't kid yourself to think the antis haven't been busy here on HBC. The goal of division has been going on for several years and it has their fingerprints all over it. Divide and conquer!

338win mag
01-16-2018, 06:29 PM
Some anti's on here thats for sure, some knowingly, some unknowingly, they are passing the anti message along.

Bugle M In
01-16-2018, 08:00 PM
My point wasn't so much whether the leg holds were legal or banned, but rather to show how fast things are changing out there, and how FB and any other such media, is working hard and quick, whether truthful or not, to get everyone's emotions going, and to let them grow an uneducated voice, but an Anti Voice none the less.
Sometimes, honestly, I laugh when I think how we sit here an debate about how things need to be this way or that way, this reg or that reg, money here or money there, when all the time, hunting will probably be over and done with
sooner then many like to think....anybody watch that "Trophy" episode on CNN???.

boxhitch
01-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Bugle, fortunately many readers of the flash media realize it is sensationalism at its finest and see through alot of the message. Many take time to search out info before forming an opinion.
THAT is where hunters can be getting their message out. The various deer reports and moose reports show the whole picture but none of it gets to the majority.
THE Good News has to be as upfront and accessible as the doomandgloom. BC gov does a terrible job of info sharing, look how hard it is to get any stats. Other states and provinces publish game and hunter stats with their regs.
Folks need to see the high success rates for taking an animal, instead of the likes of nomoredoes yelling 'decimated'.
Hunters banging the doomandgloom drum may also be counter-productive to garnering any support for hunting. the two-edge sword

Asco
01-16-2018, 09:47 PM
Looks like peta. The big deal / end game is to ban “genuine fur” in canada.
They are going after Canada goose jacket company hard. Maybe a competitor looking for an angle to hurt Canada goose?

i can’t believe I read all of that page. Very propagandist tone.

Anyway... banning genuine fur is pretty laughable. Animals die. They are made of guts and fur. Why not use the fur
like the last 100000 generations of humans? To wish for no fur is to wish for no animals. Disgusting.

caddisguy
01-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Switzerland just banned putting live crustaceans in boiling water. I'm honestly not sure of a more humane way to kill shrimp, prawns or crayfish. Amazing these anti-hunters and "vegan is the natural human diet" nutjobs are winning every little battle.

Peta and SPCA tipped the scales for the full out ban on the grizz hunt with their international audience pounding their web forms with pre-written templates where any website visitors just had to fill in a name/enail and click send.

See the thing is, we see their tactics of voting in online polls and making web forms with ready-to-click-send templates, Twitter campaigns etc as nutty and irrational... though their rhetoric and logic is, that is how they are beating us in every little battle.

We really need a forum section exclusively to post polls and point to comment threads or hashtags that need PR attention and we need members that can spread these things around internationally (even if its just BC politics) like PETA does.

Unfortunately the way the world works, hunters need twitter accounts if they want to even compete on the playing field. We need keyboard warriors ready to get carpel tunnel. Keep in mind, these people don't hunt or do much of anything. We spent all our spare time hunting, they spend all their time on the keyboard winning at PR. We talk to our MP's about "science", but it's a numbers game... science arguments don't matter if they are 1/1000. Hunters need to work on the masses even more so than their MP's.

We have the anti-gun / anti-hunting media and anyone who follows (the general public) against us. We have peta / Miley Cyrus taking credit for tipping the scales in the grizz ban. Obviously politicians are going to ride the wave with policy. We can't win this unless we organize and win the PR war.

Think about this. PETA posted some 100% bs about animal farming being responsible for 51% of climate change and proposed a meat tax. 100% bs and the " polls " ended up 50 / 50% and now politicians are actually discussing it. If we can't even win a fight about a meat sin tax, we won't be hunting or owning guns much longer in Canada. Not sure how many folks have seen the LML, GTA or whatever recently, but it's something out of Outer Limits and winning the masses over is not an option. It needs to be done, period.

Yes I'm triggered ! :D

northof49
01-17-2018, 08:19 AM
Polls might help, but unlikley if little consensus within. Difference is the antis ALL have the same end game and are united in their message. Hunters are not!! ....too many different opinions and agendas....and no concensus. All the squabbling and different opinions dilutes the message which only strengthens the voice of the anti hunting movement. Best way to beat them back is a RELENTLESS WELL ORGANIZED CAMPAIGN on all media fronts on the merrits of science based wildlife management that includes sustainable harvest levels, habitat enhancement and yes the need for predator management as an important part of managing healthy numbers of all species. it is critical to get the true facts out there to counter all the BS. The greater public is educated and not stupid....they will believe true facts if provided. Also need the support of the provincial Govt to manage wildlife based on science and not popular vote. IMO voting out the NDP/Greens is critical to getting things back on track in BC.

Bugle M In
01-17-2018, 03:40 PM
I guess part of my point was, here we are on this site, and recently a great thread came up to support trappers, which would help them help us remove wolves, since the political climate is such that any government is too scared to do the right thing like wolf culling.
So, can you imagine if the trappers were no longer allowed to participate in the fur trade?
Who would help us with wolves?
And yes, the Anti's have an easy, straight forward agenda...no complexity like we do here, like talking about what restrictions are needed, or what is happening over there compared to here, etc.
It is very easy for the Anti's to move on things these days, and we need to be aware how fast it could change.

Ohwildwon
01-17-2018, 03:51 PM
Here is some more shit to wipe..

https://www.animaljustice.ca/blog/b-c-wants-to-let-hunters-chase-terrified-cougars-with-dogs/

Bugle M In
01-17-2018, 08:08 PM
Here is some more shit to wipe..

https://www.animaljustice.ca/blog/b-c-wants-to-let-hunters-chase-terrified-cougars-with-dogs/

When it comes to Anti campaigning, I suspect most of us don't realize just how much is out there, and being distributed daily.
Trust me, my wife's friend is a Vegan, and Anti Everything.
She spends all day posting stuff on FB, IG and Twatter.
That's all they do, and they don't rest.

Chopper
01-17-2018, 08:22 PM
Looks like peta. The big deal / end game is to ban “genuine fur” in canada.
They are going after Canada goose jacket company hard. Maybe a competitor looking for an angle to hurt Canada goose?

i can’t believe I read all of that page. Very propagandist tone.

Anyway... banning genuine fur is pretty laughable. Animals die. They are made of guts and fur. Why not use the fur
like the last 100000 generations of humans? To wish for no fur is to wish for no animals. Disgusting.

funny you say this, flat landers know all about the goose situation ... its so far out of control you couldnt fathom without seeing. Migrating Canadian gease litterally blacken the sky during migration.

Here on the B.C coast, there are so many in the river mouths, Thousands are being captuered with nets when they are molting. Birds are butchard and given to the first nations ... not using the goose down ? These people are complete FKN IDIOTS !!!!

Ohwildwon
01-17-2018, 08:28 PM
When it comes to Anti campaigning, I suspect most of us don't realize just how much is out there, and being distributed daily.
Trust me, my wife's friend is a Vegan, and Anti Everything.
She spends all day posting stuff on FB, IG and Twatter.
That's all they do, and they don't rest.

https://i.imgur.com/dcIWts5.png

Wild one
01-17-2018, 08:47 PM
funny you say this, flat landers know all about the goose situation ... its so far out of control you couldnt fathom without seeing. Migrating Canadian gease litterally blacken the sky during migration.

Here on the B.C coast, there are so many in the river mouths, Thousands are being captuered with nets when they are molting. Birds are butchard and given to the first nations ... not using the goose down ? These people are complete FKN IDIOTS !!!!

Its the coyote fur trim on Canada goose jackets the antis are freaking about

604Stalker
01-17-2018, 08:54 PM
Best question is how can we get all these people to do something for our Fraser steelhead?

Wild one
01-17-2018, 09:05 PM
Best question is how can we get all these people to do something for our Fraser steelhead?

They do they fight fish farming and eat wild salmon the natives net in the Fraser to fight against it and support struggling FN lol

Chopper
01-17-2018, 09:22 PM
Its the coyote fur trim on Canada goose jackets the antis are freaking about

Ic ... admittedly i am a little out of my element on some of the facts in this conversation.

Cheers

Wild one
01-17-2018, 09:32 PM
Ic ... admittedly i am a little out of my element on some of the facts in this conversation.

Cheers

No worries only passing on info

truly not much better coyote are a nuisance animal in high numbers it’s not like it justifies either lol

Chopper
01-17-2018, 09:49 PM
No worries only passing on info

truly not much better coyote are a nuisance animal in high numbers it’s not like it justifies either lol

um ya ... i didnt think to hard about what you had said. It just struck me ... Wow

caddisguy
01-18-2018, 09:00 AM
Seen this one? https://www.animaljustice.ca/blog/b-c-wants-to-let-hunters-chase-terrified-cougars-with-dogs/

They are encouraging anti's to log in with BCeID's and comment on proposed changes and propose more "social acceptance" be applied to regulations.

Scotty76
01-18-2018, 09:04 AM
But first "MAKE A DONATION!!"
I guess there is no way to actually know how much money they get donated their way?

Wild one
01-18-2018, 09:30 AM
We keep putting up links to what antis are doing and it shows they are bust

Now I ask where is the opposition from hunters?

point and laugh at how silly the antis are but guess what they are getting results well we laugh.

Who are the fools in the fight regarding hunting?

Bugle M In
01-18-2018, 05:55 PM
We keep putting up links to what antis are doing and it shows they are bust

Now I ask where is the opposition from hunters?

point and laugh at how silly the antis are but guess what they are getting results well we laugh.

Who are the fools in the fight regarding hunting?

You are right...we do sit an laugh a little too much...and I think we are being a little to complacent...IMO.
What bother's me right now, is that without a Hunters #, they, Non Hunters, Can get a BCeID and
CAN PLACE OPINIONS ON UPCOMING HUNTING REGS.
What does everyone think they are going to say!!??
Of course they are going to select anything were "hunting opportunities' are shortened or removed".
That is something WE, have to have changed!!!!
Must Require a Hunters ID #, to log into "proposed hunting regulation changes"!!
Something has got to be done!!!!
(and yes, I don't like bringing up "ideas" for the Anti's, but at what point do you make Hunter's ON HERE REALIZE
WHATS GOING ON OUT THERE!!)

butthead
01-19-2018, 09:22 PM
really busy working over time
got grizzly shut down
closing the hills to sledders for the caraboo
whats next?

northof49
01-19-2018, 10:14 PM
^^^^^Sky’s the limit with NDP/Greens....vote them out.

northof49
01-19-2018, 10:23 PM
That is something WE, have to have changed!!!!
Must Require a Hunters ID #, to log into "proposed hunting regulation changes"!!
Something has got to be done!!!!

AGREE 100%. This should be changed. That said...you are kidding yourself if you think the propossd changes would actually be altered based on comments. Simply going through the process and requirement to consult public so they can say they did.

Bugle M In
01-20-2018, 03:57 PM
This is probably just a good thread where people here can post "Anti Hunting Campaigns" as they come across them.
It's would just stay as a "constant reminder" to everyone here who cares about hunting and it's future, and to "not
fall asleep" thinking nothing bad is happening out there.
So, if you come across some Anti BS, post it!
Remind people here what is going on out there.

Ohwildwon
02-14-2018, 04:34 PM
Opinion: End 'hunter-centric' model of wildlife management

British Columbians rejoiced Dec. 18 when, after years of public pressure, the provincial government finally put an end to the highly unpopular grizzly bear hunt.
The government’s decision appeared to signal a new chapter of wildlife management for the province — something that many independent scientists and conservationists have long been calling for. Its news release on the grizzly hunt stated: “The government will also be moving forward with a broader consultation process on a renewed wildlife management strategy for the province in the new year.”
Wildlife policy in B.C. is heavily influenced by the recreational hunting lobby and, as a result, treats wildlife as a resource to be exploited and controlled, instead of conserved. Many hoped a renewed wildlife management strategy would mark a new era of transparent, science-based and conservation-minded decision-making, with genuine public consultation surrounding wildlife management strategies.
The excitement was short-lived, as the day following the government’s historic grizzly bear hunt announcement the provincial government posted 68 proposed hunting regulations on its Angling, Hunting and Trapping Public Engagement website. With the distraction of the grizzly hunt announcement, not to mention the holiday season, the proposed rules got little attention and, with a closing date of Jan. 19, 2018, gave little time for public feedback.
The 2018-20 proposals range from allowing motor-vehicle exemptions for trappers, to increasing bag limits to creating new or extending existing hunting/trapping seasons and shortening or closing of others. Many British Columbians, if they were made aware of the regulations, would likely be shocked, not only by the nature of these proposals, but also by the rationale behind them.
For example, the government’s suggestion to lengthen the wolf trapping season on Vancouver Island isn’t based on scientific evidence (as the government itself admits), but instead on anecdotal sightings and observations of an increased wolf population and a lack of ungulates (primarily deer). In fact, the proposed rule states that “much of the information the province’s wildlife managers obtain regarding wolf populations is anecdotal, with a reliance on public sightings and observations.” This wildly ill-informed proposal would subject wolves to two additional months per year of physical and mental suffering, and prolonged, painful deaths.
Another controversial hunting regulation is the suggested “Cougar Pursuit Only Season,” which the proposal justifies as “an opportunity for hunters, specifically hunters that use hounds, to continue pursuing cougar after they’ve reached their bag limit. The main rationale for the season is to provide houndsmen the opportunity to exercise and train their dogs.” This proposal comes in the midst of growing opposition to the practice of hound-hunting itself, as showcased by the recent public outcry following a TV-show host’s online post, posing with and bragging about a cougar he hound-hunted in Alberta last December. Many opponents argue the practice of hound-hunting is unethical in that it fails to meet the definition of “fair-chase.” Meanwhile, this “pursuit-only” proposal amounts to nothing more than government-authorized harassment of wildlife. During pursuit-only seasons, adult cougars and kittens are sometimes attacked and injured by hounds, separated due to extensive chases and run down to exhaustion.
This quietly and quickly proposed list of hunting regulations seems less like a broadly consulted “renewed wildlife management strategy” and more like the special-interest policies of the past that have long-plagued wildlife throughout B.C. It’s time for the provincial government to do away with this outdated, hunter-centric model of wildlife management and to implement a conservation model that isn’t only science-based, but also ecologically and ethically informed.
Emily Pickett is president of the Wildlife Defence League, a grassroots organization that works to end the exploitation of wildlife in B.C.

http://vancouversun.com/opinion/op-ed/opinion-end-hunter-centric-model-of-wildlife-management

SpottedPony
02-14-2018, 05:48 PM
This article was sent to me at 6 this morning and I’m amazed at the inaccuracies in it but then the perpetual spew of lies is expected considering the organization the author is connected to. Knowing a little bit about what goes into proposed regulation changes, the debating and consideration as to why a season is warranted and why a change may be proposed I would suggest that Ms Pickett stick with what she’s good at.....milking the uneducated public.
We have opened ourselves up to these anti hunting, funding scamists. They know hunters are fragmented, they know hunters have a weak voice and presently they are doing their best to discredit hunters as hard as they can to the non hunting public that rides in the middle.
In no shape or form does Ms Pickett, Tommy Knowles or their predecessor Paul Watson really care about the so called wildlife they are/were out to save, this battle is entirely about the almighty dollar.
Every man and woman in this province that values our privilege to hunt had better sit back and think about where we are going. We’ve got 2 choices, we can pull our heads out of the sand, put forth the message that we are conservationists with the best interests of wildlife and the land that wildlife thrives in as our highest held value....or we can throw out the image that we are first cousins to a Neanderthal that wants to turn Bambi into gut stuffing.
We need some sharp players to step up to the plate, we need an organization that we can all gather under with no past mistrust and we need an untouchable message to be put forth.
At present we do not have this and not meaning to discredit anyone we cannot expect to win this war when we are being represented by unpaid, unpolished volunteers from the local rod & gun club while the opposition parades their PHD packing propaganda pushers from one news media to the next.
SpottedPony out....and do I ever hope I’m still able to hunt grouse next year.

IslandWanderer
02-14-2018, 06:01 PM
Do leg hold traps result in a slow death? If so, that’s bad right?

snipersights
02-14-2018, 06:20 PM
In part of that article I read above it states that another controversial hunting regulation is the suggested cougar pursuit only season. Does this not already exist???? I thought it was already a thing

horshur
02-14-2018, 06:31 PM
Leg holds are not a killing trap..the trapper dispatches the held animal. Look in the regs for max hours for checking trap. They are useful for the express reason you can release caught animal so if you did catch a persons pet it might be a bit traumatized but alive and not much worse for the experience. Kill traps are a dead pooch. having had dogs dive off the rd into a killing set and escape the experience by a thin hair....leg holds are a much better option near human activities.

270ruger
02-14-2018, 06:33 PM
There is nothing to worry about now. The state of Delaware has made it legal to choose your own race along with gender, our progressive government in Ottawa will soon bring this policy to bare in Canada under the guise of fairness for all. We will then be able to choose to be identified as whatever race our values align to. If one chooses to identify as Indigenous the antis will not be able to take away your constitutionally guaranteed rights to harvest in your traditional manner. Best bet is to vote Liberal federally, I know he has my vote now.

Danny_29
02-14-2018, 06:35 PM
Thankfully they are trying to get something banned which doesn't exist , whew !
What SHOULD be legal is to take them to court for using misleading dishonest content with out proof of claims.

Just look at the American election to see how thats going.

Asp
02-14-2018, 10:53 PM
This article was sent to me at 6 this morning and I’m amazed at the inaccuracies in it but then the perpetual spew of lies is expected considering the organization the author is connected to. Knowing a little bit about what goes into proposed regulation changes, the debating and consideration as to why a season is warranted and why a change may be proposed I would suggest that Ms Pickett stick with what she’s good at.....milking the uneducated public.
We have opened ourselves up to these anti hunting, funding scamists. They know hunters are fragmented, they know hunters have a weak voice and presently they are doing their best to discredit hunters as hard as they can to the non hunting public that rides in the middle.
In no shape or form does Ms Pickett, Tommy Knowles or their predecessor Paul Watson really care about the so called wildlife they are/were out to save, this battle is entirely about the almighty dollar.
Every man and woman in this province that values our privilege to hunt had better sit back and think about where we are going. We’ve got 2 choices, we can pull our heads out of the sand, put forth the message that we are conservationists with the best interests of wildlife and the land that wildlife thrives in as our highest held value....or we can throw out the image that we are first cousins to a Neanderthal that wants to turn Bambi into gut stuffing.
We need some sharp players to step up to the plate, we need an organization that we can all gather under with no past mistrust and we need an untouchable message to be put forth.
At present we do not have this and not meaning to discredit anyone we cannot expect to win this war when we are being represented by unpaid, unpolished volunteers from the local rod & gun club while the opposition parades their PHD packing propaganda pushers from one news media to the next.
SpottedPony out....and do I ever hope I’m still able to hunt grouse next year.

i couldn’t agree more. The anti hunting movement is well funded, hires professionals and is consistently kicking are ass at each and every turn. Until we unite under one banner as “ hunters” from all walks of life and all geographical locations We will continue to lose. Whatever that organization may look like we need to move fast, be it the wild sheep initiative, back country or a host of others. We need to unite and hire our own professional PR firm to show case the great work all of us do for wildlife and conservation. If we don’t , rest assured we will lose this hunting heritage we so deeply enjoy and cherish

dana
02-15-2018, 06:20 PM
I find it interesting the silence on this board as of late. You have been playing with these same antis for several years now on this board. As a matter of fact many were invited here by so called hunters. Hell, you boys even invited their leader, Weaver. What did you expect was going to happen? Sleeping with the devil hurts don't it?

Stone Sheep Steve
02-15-2018, 07:47 PM
Leg holds are not a killing trap..the trapper dispatches the held animal. Look in the regs for max hours for checking trap. They are useful for the express reason you can release caught animal so if you did catch a persons pet it might be a bit traumatized but alive and not much worse for the experience. Kill traps are a dead pooch. having had dogs dive off the rd into a killing set and escape the experience by a thin hair....leg holds are a much better option near human activities.

This ....and it also allows a trapper to release wild animals that they don't want to kill. I know a trapper that releases all the female Lynx he catches.

horshur
02-15-2018, 07:51 PM
This ....and it also allows a trapper to release wild animals that they don't want to kill. I know a trapper that releases all the female Lynx he catches.
Had a friend release a tom cougar as well...might be more stress on the trapper then the cat

scoutlt1
02-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Had a friend release a tom cougar as well...might be more stress on the trapper then the cat

Now that would be interesting to watch. Yikes!