PDA

View Full Version : Finger lake resort

BStrachan
01-16-2018, 11:19 AM
Good morning hope everybody is doing well and are counting the days until hunting season!
My hunting partner and I along with another friend of ours are looking at going to Finger lake near Vanderhoof next season.
Has anybody stayed there before? Any comments would be appreciated good or bad.
Thanks!

Island Idiots
01-16-2018, 11:25 AM
I don't think Wayne is there running the place anymore, but when he was it was ok. Pretty rustic but comfy. Maybe some one from last year can speak up.

Rob Chipman
01-16-2018, 11:33 AM
Rustic. Lots of places to hunt around there, though, especially if you get out of the vehicle and follow spur roads to where the timber starts. Google map it - it's covered in potholes and meadows and they hold moose (or did a few years ago - we got a dandy bull there).

wideopenthrottle
01-16-2018, 12:31 PM
been 10 years or more since I have been there but found they liked to stay down low near the lake in the maples later in the season...first time I ever saw snow pressed trees being cleaned of bark like corn off a corn cob by moose feeding

BStrachan
01-17-2018, 01:54 AM
By the looks of the website the cabins look pretty nice. We are planning on a 10 day hunt. It looks like a great place to try moose hunting.
Just hoping one of us from our hunting party get a moose draw