PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Bino's

Sitkaspruce
08-15-2007, 10:09 PM
So In my quest for the best pair of Bino's I can afford and enjoy, I came across a great deal on some Leupold Gold Ring Bino's in 8x42. There are two pair, one of the old (last years model) and the other is a pair of the new HD Gold Ring. The problem is that I cannot get either pair in my hands to look at.

Has any body had a chance to look through either pair? Does the HD make that much of a difference ($400 difference). What is people's opinions on the Gold Ring Bino's. Not much has been said about them on the net. I used a clients pair last year, and they were nice, but that was awhile ago. I know they are a little on the heavy side but, I do not mind that has it helps with my hand shake.

Thanks

Krico
08-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I checked them out and thought the view was pretty good, they were just too heavy for me. If you don't mind the fact that they're heavy, and are getting a great deal I suggest you pick them up. I doubt I would pay a $400 premium for the upgrade to HD glass in an 8x bino though - from what I've read, HD/ED glass only really becomes an advantage at higher magnifications.