PDA

View Full Version : crown land food plot

scotty30-06
01-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Question for you folks. ...is setting up a food plot or even planting fruit trees randomly through parts of the bush is illegal. ...just curious if it is ...and if its not has anyone tried it yet?

monasheemountainman
01-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Not illegal.

mwalter
01-05-2018, 07:08 PM
They dont enforce illegal grow shows so i would say zero risk of trouble. start spreading clover seeds down those roads

scotty30-06
01-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Thats awesome news....I have a really good hook up for fruit tree saplings......and clover seeds are cheap.....use the clover seeds to leed them to the fruit trees habahha

scotty30-06
01-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Wonder if they would just grow same and if rgey would start taking a spot over....dont wanna make an invasive problem

Ohwildwon
01-05-2018, 07:59 PM
They need to be protected with a fence or they will be eatin alive :twisted:

walks with deer
01-05-2018, 08:04 PM
clover seed isnt cheap.. white clover i think cost me about $500 a acre...

fruit tree sapling hook up sounds interesting

sausage lover
01-05-2018, 08:07 PM
they will eat the trees to death before they can mature,a fence as Ohwildwon suggested is a must. They also love kale! Ate all ours to the root.

tuner
01-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Scatter some winter wheat seed along the edge of newly opened roads.

Fisher-Dude
01-06-2018, 09:13 AM
You'd be well advised to read the Forest and Range Practices Act before you do any alteration to Crown land.

I'm quite positive you'd find that introducing any invasives like fruit trees or tilling soil without a permit will be verboten and subject to penalties.

Pay attention to Part 4 Div 3, and Part 5.

http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/ID/freeside/00_02069_01

scotty30-06
01-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Thanks fisher dude....I knew it couldnt be so lack...other wise im sure there would be orchards everywhere lol.....so this rises another question....if your putting out a bunch of apples as bait and the seeds start growing...then what?

dana
01-06-2018, 04:30 PM
Thanks fisher dude....I knew it couldnt be so lack...other wise im sure there would be orchards everywhere lol.....so this rises another question....if your putting out a bunch of apples as bait and the seeds start growing...then what?

I would not worry about it. FD like to think of himself as an internet CO. He has all the laws at his fingertips and accusses of wrong doing even when the law clearly shows the hunter is in the right. He spouts BS about laws all the time. A classic keyboard warrior that doesn't have a clue what is going on out there in the 'great outdoors' because he spends so much time in the darkness of his mother's basement being a tuffguy online.

As for baiting with apples, if seed were to take hold, the deer will eat the young sapling long before it is recognizable as an apple sprout. Apple trees are pretty darn common in this province. Lots of wild ones on old abandoned homesteads that have been reverted to Crown.

hoochie
01-06-2018, 05:52 PM
As for baiting with apples, if seed were to take hold, the deer will eat the young sapling long before it is recognizable as an apple sprout.

LOL...
i watch the deer come eat the buds off my neighbors apple trees every year. He thinks he has bad soil.
"How come you get apples and we dont? We must have funny soil"
ok.. back on topic lol

dana
01-06-2018, 08:16 PM
LOL...
i watch the deer come eat the buds off my neighbors apple trees every year. He thinks he has bad soil.
"How come you get apples and we dont? We must have funny soil"
ok.. back on topic lol

Hahaha. i've had 6 deer eating my 2 apple trees all year, still ended up way too many apples. Maybe you neighbour does have bad soil. ��

604redneck
01-06-2018, 08:50 PM
You'd be well advised to read the Forest and Range Practices Act before you do any alteration to Crown land.

I'm quite positive you'd find that introducing any invasives like fruit trees or tilling soil without a permit will be verboten and subject to penalties.

Pay attention to Part 4 Div 3, and Part 5.

http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/ID/freeside/00_02069_01
At least one person has a brain here.

New Bow Hunter
01-06-2018, 09:45 PM
Might be better to created a mineral site

walks with deer
01-07-2018, 02:03 AM
purchasing alfalfa bails in late season wood most likley work better.

brian
01-07-2018, 08:01 AM
Alfalfa is a one of those bloat causers. The animals rumens need time to adjust to it. Too much all at once and the deer will look like balloons. I wouldn't put down a bail of it in late season unless they have had access to alfalfa for a while.

finngun
01-07-2018, 02:30 PM
When i was a kid one our cows ate frozen alfalfa and in the
morning poor cow looks like dead soccer ball..scary if that is gonna blow up....what is flying...��