PDA

View Full Version : barriere BC info?

4pointhunter
08-14-2007, 10:40 PM
just found out a family member has a cabin in barriere who would like to get some use out of it, just wondering if there is any good hunting around the area or any other info available as i have never been in that part of bc
thanks

Steeleco
08-14-2007, 10:42 PM
After the fires in and around there a few summers back, I would guess that the hunting should be great??

Paulyman
08-14-2007, 11:37 PM
I have a friend with a cabin in barriere, been going up there for the hunting and fishing, the fishing is pretty good however i have gone up there a number of times and never seem to see that much.we refer to it as thE "SKUNK PIT" CAUSE WE ALWAYS GET SKUNKED

mapguy
08-15-2007, 06:10 AM
ive been there took two deer saw lots counted 20 in one day
saw lots of moose didn't have a tag saw what looked like a trophy bullstay at the cabin and check out the whole area while your there

fin241
08-15-2007, 07:13 AM
So many good areas around there. Head up Westside Rd just after crossing the bridge heading North out of town. Lots of nice side roads branch off leading into some great country. Good luck

browningboy
08-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Also head up Jamieson on the other side of the river towards Boneparte Plateau, great country with lots of wildlife!

dirtybucker
08-15-2007, 09:01 AM
barrier is excellent for huntin thats usually the first place i go and ive never been skunked...there are some beautiful animals out there

f350ps
08-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Watch for road closures up there. Since the fire there's lots of roads that are closed. K

Jelvis
08-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Motorized vehicle restrictions in some areas, and no snowmobiles allowed for use in hunting related stuff in MU 3-28 ( check regs) Still some people don't know, or don't obey road closures for motorized vehicles, on purpose or by mistake, it's still the same. Some guys in vehicles driving around oblivious to what is going on. Finally the check points are going up there in the season now, at roads coming out of areas, that are popular, so this might help the deer, hopefully. Lots of area, all around Barriere, for mile after mile, to explore and hunt. Deer moose bear grouse.

Will
08-15-2007, 03:26 PM
There are NO Bucks in or near Barriere.....they all got burned out years ago:???:

4pointhunter,
Where abouts is the "Cabin" one of the lakes or ????
Shoot me a PM if you want some more info....there are a few "Good" areas around Barriere but mostly it stinks:wink:

Mr. Dean
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Barrier holds some of the BIGGEST doe's that I have yet to find elsewhere. Good place for putting in for a draw on one.

highcountry88
08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
I agree with Steeleco in that a major burn should generate some new growth for a good feed supply.....there may need to be some more cover growth for the bucks to hide in.

Jelvis
08-16-2007, 09:11 AM
I agree with 88 that it seems when after a burn the area opens up, the deer are there but the real big bucks don't hang out there, like he said they need cover, it's too open, you still can get four points, but big ones stay away from open area. In the snow you don't see monster tracks either it's like the tracks are all the same general size. Steep, thick, rugged country above the opening areas, is where the big ones are and they won't come down. A few more years yet to grow taller bush.