PDA

View Full Version : Stone Sheep Help

WestCoastHunter
01-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Hey everyone,

Last year I went on my first sheep hunt. it was a 10 day fly in hunt and luck was on my side, a successful Dall hunt for the rookie. This addiction many sheep hunters talk about..I understand it now...

Your secret spots, trophy rams, an x on the map, this is NOT what I am asking for. I'm just simply looking for some guidance to areas where I stand a chance at spotting some sheep. I will handle the rest, I'm just not sure where to start. With any help, hopefully I can get a hunt planned here for early September.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can be of assistance!

WCH:mrgreen:

01-02-2018, 10:42 AM
Are you looking for a do it your self hike in, or hire a packer, or a guide. Huge difference between them all ?

WestCoastHunter
01-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Are you looking for a do it your self hike in, or hire a packer, or a guide. Huge difference between them all ?

Sorry.. I meant to add this part in.

Flying in or hiking in, not using a guide or horses!

01-02-2018, 11:00 AM
Well, sounds like you don't want a guide for sure. But don't rule out horses or a packer, jet boat, fly in drop etc.

several places to hike in off the Alaska Hwy. 4 mile, 8 mile creeks, Dunedin, McDonald, near Toad River, Stone Mnt, Racing, Snake, Muncho ok. All these rake lots of research and a proper hook up with those that have been in there and done it is a must.
Personally, think of a drop camp with Riverjet adventures, Steamboat Mnt . Outfitters, Blue Creek outfitting, these are few very good outfits , fly in with Ursus at Muncho .... Get involved with the Wild Sheep Society of BC ...... Great organization with lots of hook ups and information .

Theres a start for you. I can help you further by PM if you narrow your search down after doing some homework.

Good luck, and remember to return the favour to some one looking for Dall advise, hunters helping hunters us what this sites about.

Good luck . CT

boxhitch
01-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Dall success? Hmmmm didn't see that one.......

Seeker
01-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Dall success? Hmmmm didn't see that one.......

Pics or it didn't happen. LOL, we would love a bit of a write up and a few pictures if your up to sharing.

Also do a search on this site, I remember a thread started a few years ago with some spots to get you started.

Steelpulse
01-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Yes taking a whole evening and deep diving into hunting bc is the best place to start for any BC hunt

backcountry99
01-02-2018, 01:07 PM
The biggest density of sheep in bc is in scoop lakes area, pick anylake in there area you will see sheep. Bradfords isnt far behind. If you are willing to fly id look at there 2 areas. If you wanna hike off the highway, pick any drainage in the toad river and you will find sheep.

pg83
01-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Terrible problem with Stone's sheep hunting is there are too many options! No matter where you end up heading it'll be a helluva trip!

EvanG
01-05-2018, 05:48 PM
your best bet will be to trade Dall info for stone info once the early LEH is out

stoneramhunter
01-05-2018, 06:54 PM
hello

I may be able to help Pm me .

stoneramhunter
01-05-2018, 06:57 PM
pm me I may be able to help

srupp
01-05-2018, 07:09 PM
Hmmm lots of great walk in..fly in..stone sheep areas..
IMO..best bet would be River Jet Adventures..Kevin Willis. .chances are he is already booked solid for 2018..but best bet..
Good luck.
Steven

Stone Sheep Steve
01-05-2018, 09:31 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?54311-Stone-s-sheep-hunting-locations