PDA

View Full Version : A Time to Reflect.....

Stone Sheep Steve
12-29-2017, 10:40 PM
Firstly, this video most likely won't work on your mobile device due to using a copyrighted song (even though I purchased the song) so you may just have to plop your post Xmas butts in front of the computer...but make sure you grab a drink first:).

With so much negativity facing hunting here in BC in the past while, I figured I needed to post up a reminder that we still have some of the greatest hunting in North America right here in our backyards!!

Start making those plans and booking those trips as all you younger guys and gals will be amazed at how fast the time goes by. Make sure you don't look back with any regrets.

I hit the Big Five-O this past summer so a lot of my best hunting years are now in the rearview mirror....but sometimes reflecting on our past experiences makes us more hungry for the future.

Kootenayelkslayer once said that "Hunting sure does subject us to some amazing experiences"....and I couldn't agree more. In fact, I feel sorry for those people that don't hunt.

So grab a glass, crank those speakers and help me make toast to 'Beautiful BC'!

SSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcPpYY9vluY

Salmon Belly
12-29-2017, 10:57 PM
Superb job. Thank you for taking the time to put that together.

SB

604ksmith
12-29-2017, 11:01 PM
Awesome pictures, you've certainly made the most of living in beautiful BC!

Thanks for sharing.

stixnstones
12-29-2017, 11:04 PM
Top shelf Steve. Thanks for that

Rattler
12-29-2017, 11:11 PM
Well done, well done...

Very fortunate to to live where we do.

Thanks for putting this together...

Cheers to you SSS...

pnbrock
12-29-2017, 11:15 PM
awesome video could not picked a better soundtrack !!

darkside
12-29-2017, 11:19 PM
nice work , sss on the video slide show , some awesome country and some fine meat taken . those two rams near the end made me say the f.... word with a few hollys as well ..... nice , thanks for posting I'm also trying my best this year to do my part in sharing my hunts .

DR.DOUG
12-29-2017, 11:21 PM
Awesome reflection over your time hunting, thanks for the share

lip_ripper00
12-29-2017, 11:24 PM
Out standing! Thanks for a look into your Hunting career!

Jagermeister
12-29-2017, 11:33 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.png http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.png
Well played.
Thanks for the trip.
Five-0 Don't let that stop you
You probably have 30-35 years of hunting behind you, you probably have 30-35 years of hunting ahead of you,
And again
Thanks

Alpine85
12-29-2017, 11:35 PM
A ton of good memories!!
Well done, thanks for putting it together B.

f350ps
12-29-2017, 11:40 PM
Very well done and thanks B for the reminder, you only go around once boys, make the best of it! Man, do I wish I was 50 again! :) K

Bullseye Bob
12-29-2017, 11:45 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed that ,thank you

mpotzold
12-29-2017, 11:53 PM
Wow!
The compilation of the scenery, characters & animals-all I can say is TOP NOTCH!

The Hermit
12-30-2017, 12:18 AM
Wonderful... a video of why we hunt!! Great job!

twoSevenO
12-30-2017, 01:29 AM
Thanks for taking the time to put this together. Very well done. Congrats on all the success.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-30-2017, 09:01 AM
awesome video could not picked a better soundtrack !!

Have to thank Brock77 for first exposing me to this song.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.png http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.png
Well played.
Thanks for the trip.
Five-0 Don't let that stop you
You probably have 30-35 years of hunting behind you, you probably have 30-35 years of hunting ahead of you,
And again
Thanks

Definitely no intention of slowing down in the near future, Jag, but always feel like I need some motivation this time of year.

And of course, finding like-minded and committed hunting partners is essential for anyone's success. Can't thank them enough!

SSS

CheesyLimper
12-30-2017, 09:13 AM
Great stuff, woke me up better than my coffee.

Weatherby Fan
12-30-2017, 09:27 AM
Very cool tribute to BC, thank you for sharing.......that was awesome to say the least.

campking
12-30-2017, 09:40 AM
Wow Wow Wow!!
Like to think I am a tough old bugger but this brought a little tear to my eyes with all the memories it brought back
THANK YOU!!

bc8x8
12-30-2017, 09:50 AM
Made my day! Thanks, Ross

huntcoop
12-30-2017, 09:53 AM
Some very nice animals in that montage! Well done SSS and team!

pg83
12-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Great montage of some amazing trips. Thank you.

ursus
12-30-2017, 10:50 AM
Well done Brent! You have had great hunting experiences so far, and many more to go!

DEXTER
12-30-2017, 10:59 AM
Great video!!

~T-BONE~
12-30-2017, 11:07 AM
Nice job putting that together! Can never have enough pictures to reflect back on. Makes me wish I was smarter when I was younger. Lol... thanks man

2chodi
12-30-2017, 11:09 AM
Thanks for putting all those great adventures together for us. How many regions of the province have you got covered in the photos?

MB_Boy
12-30-2017, 11:13 AM
Great video Brent!!!

Budman
12-30-2017, 11:58 AM
Well put together vid ! Thanks for sharing.

Jagermeister
12-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Have to thank Brock77 for first exposing me to this song.

Definitely no intention of slowing down in the near future, Jag, but always feel like I need some motivation this time of year.

And of course, finding like-minded and committed hunting partners is essential for anyone's success. Can't thank them enough!

SSSNo truer words are spoken. As you get older it becomes more difficult as some post reflect on the loss of hunting partners to various cause.

IronNoggin
12-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Simply WOW!!
One hell of a Fine Job all round! http://bigshotsbc.ca/images/smilies/Pozitive.gif
Great vistas, great critters, and more!
Really liked how you brought it full circle with the inclusion of the Young Guns near the end!

Fine Tribute!
Many Many Thanks for the share!!

Cheers,
Matt

steepNdeep
12-30-2017, 12:57 PM
Awesome Brent!! Made my day! I remember quite a few of those pics from over the years. Look forward to many more...

fozzy
12-30-2017, 01:15 PM
Thanks for making that awesome video and sharing it with us. You have been to some pretty amazing places in your hunting career! I'm only a few years behind you and already regret not doing more mountain hunting when I was younger..

whitetailsheds
12-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Good stuff Brent!! Love it!!
Great inspiration for the sheep shape workout this morning!! Always play a sheep hunting video and some loud tunes to provide a little extra motivation!!
All the best in '18!!

JDR
12-30-2017, 01:40 PM
Some great animals, some great areas, some great times! You truly have experienced a lot of what BC has to offer. Thanks for sharing SSS!

Husky7mm
12-30-2017, 01:59 PM
Pretty awesome video, thank you for putting posting it.

DeerForce
12-30-2017, 02:07 PM
That's pretty freaking great! Nice memoir too.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-30-2017, 02:09 PM
Wow Wow Wow!!
Like to think I am a tough old bugger but this brought a little tear to my eyes with all the memories it brought back
THANK YOU!!

It's a pretty powerful song, no doubt. Thanks for sharing your emotions it brought back.

Thanks for putting all those great adventures together for us. How many regions of the province have you got covered in the photos?

Those photos are from 2000 to present day. Most of the best shots are from Reg 6 and 7....a few from 4, a couple from Region 3 and the rest from 8, my home region.

Have hunted a couple times in the East Koots and once in Reg 5 (Bella Coola) but I didn't really get any shots that made the cut for this video.

Some of my very best pics also cut due to privacy issues ;-).

Thanks for all the kind words. We live in a pretty amazing place!:cool:

So many places left to explore!

SSS

Dash
12-30-2017, 03:30 PM
Absolutely amazing video! Thanks so much for putting that together.

northof49
12-30-2017, 03:46 PM
As others said....WOW!! Thanks for sharing all those great memories. Lots of hard work to end up with all those photos. Getting older sure sucks....good to have no regrets for sure. Cheers

hotload
12-30-2017, 04:29 PM
Spectacular,well put together with great music. Your a true credit to hunting, and this hunting site. Can't say enough about how you have been an ambassador of the sport. At 50 your still a puppy and we look forward to many,many,more years of you leading by example to the many that live vicariously through all your endeavors. Hope your having a great festive season leading into an amazing 2018....................

ROD

whognu
12-30-2017, 06:17 PM
well done; just beautiful

certainly a life I have not lived

thanks for taking me along

whognu

yama49
12-30-2017, 09:45 PM
Great video, thx for sharing, all the best in 2018..

358mag
12-30-2017, 10:00 PM
Great slide-video clip SSS , stuff dreams are made from .
Thanks for posting .
Remember 50 is only a ## .

HarryToolips
12-30-2017, 10:18 PM
Awesome video Brent, some incredible pics and hunts there, and some awesome animals harvested..

Kopper
12-30-2017, 10:34 PM
That's some good stuff right there! Thanks for sharing all those memories with us.

blackbart
12-30-2017, 10:37 PM
Thanks Brent, very well done, Good to see posts like this and many others on the site recently. I can't seem to remember the last time I saw your partner BCRams post up, hopefully he is still around and posting.

BC is a truly amazing place. Lets remember that and fight to protect it.

BB

LuckyIfYouGetOne
12-31-2017, 12:13 AM
Great vid thx for sharing!

BillyBull
12-31-2017, 01:00 AM
Nicely done...... cheers!

Blockcaver
12-31-2017, 07:49 AM
SSS, Great memories, beautiful scenery, tremendous critters......very well lived and done! Keep going for many more! Thanks for putting it together.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-31-2017, 08:41 AM
Spectacular,well put together with great music. Your a true credit to hunting, and this hunting site. Can't say enough about how you have been an ambassador of the sport. At 50 your still a puppy and we look forward to many,many,more years of you leading by example to the many that live vicariously through all your endeavors. Hope your having a great festive season leading into an amazing 2018....................

ROD

Wow, Rod. Don't really know what to say to this.....except thank you for those kind words.

I'm just one hunter of many thousands on this site.

In the days before the WWW, I remember looking thru some friends' pictures from their trips up north and I was truly inspired. I knew this was something that I just HAD to do. Just paying it forward.

BB

Thanks for making this point, BB!
I wanted to include a message like this in my opening remarks but somehow forgot.

Let's not just stand up to protect the Special place in which we live, but we need to make sure we ALL show up to protect our hunting heritage which has been under attack of late.
Our apathy is our Achilles heel.

Cheers

SSS

12-31-2017, 10:54 AM
Great video! Thanks for sharing!!

Wood butcher
12-31-2017, 12:11 PM
Awesome and inspiring.
It makes me want to go sheep hunting, or at least visit the country.
Thanks for sharing.

Kootenaykid85
12-31-2017, 12:19 PM
Great vid sss !!!! If you dont choke up or get the goosebumps watching that your definatly taking living in bc for granted.

BCrams
12-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Thanks Brent, very well done, Good to see posts like this and many others on the site recently. I can't seem to remember the last time I saw your partner BCRams post up, hopefully he is still around and posting.

BB

Still alive. W’re still hunting. In Brent’s old age, I had to show him shooting ducks / geese from a blind this past fall.

Awsome video!!

12-31-2017, 01:06 PM
Wow! Great Share B T .....! Thanks for posting.

Its videos like this that make HBC a much better place. Your appreciation for the outdoors, it's wildlife and fellow hunting partners is evident.

Class act SSS !

After having our our power off the last few days, this is the first post I go to ...... And it's a Dandy!

Seeker
12-31-2017, 01:22 PM
That does NOT help me right now! LOL I have always dreamt of doing even one such hunt and life simply has not let that happen. An incredible video. Thank you for putting it together and allowing the rest of us to dream. Well done.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-31-2017, 03:55 PM
Still alive. W’re still hunting. In Brent’s old age, I had to show him shooting ducks / geese from a blind this past fall.

Awsome video!!

I knew I had to train for those mountain hunts with BCR but he neglected to inform me to get into shape for ducks and geese:oops:
No, that's not my bicep.

https://scontent.fyka1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26167650_566917670311452_3682788703656669899_n.jpg ?oh=6041e83c2f024db9e0df33c7c6e4353a&oe=5AFAA883
https://scontent.fyka1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26112259_566917683644784_5817223339898086067_n.jpg ?oh=8d87eb231be7dd0e7c2f64f770f36256&oe=5AB21B8C

That does NOT help me right now! LOL I have always dreamt of doing even one such hunt and life simply has not let that happen. An incredible video. Thank you for putting it together and allowing the rest of us to dream. Well done.

Seeker- I know how busy your life seems right now so I have to tell you some history.....

I bought my first sheep tag three weeks after my son was born in 1999. It was just a local hunt (the year before the south OK shut down) but that's where it all began for me.

The next year was the start of my 'almost annual' trip north. Of course, my wife has always been extremely supportive of my hunting habits. It keeps me in shape...and outta her hair:smile:. Plus, she made it a habit to do some kind of small reno when I was away.

SSS

Ourea
12-31-2017, 04:31 PM
Brent, I will simply say CHEERS.
Great job.

https://i.imgur.com/qQz5ek6.jpg

pg83
12-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Seeker- I know how busy your life seems right now so I have to tell you some history.....

I bought my first sheep tag three weeks after my son was born in 1999. It was just a local hunt (the year before the south OK shut down) but that's where it all began for me.

The next year was the start of my 'almost annual' trip north. Of course, my wife has always been extremely supportive of my hunting habits. It keeps me in shape...and outta her hair:smile:. Plus, she made it a habit to do some kind of small reno when I was away.

SSS

I'll second this!

I witnessed my first child born, my father die four months later, my wifes father die six months after my dad, my second child born 18 months after(with Down's Syndrome as we learned at his birth), and then a ridiculous amount of time and surgeries at BC Children's Hospital for him for a completely unrelated matter. Talk about life giving you lemons for a while.

Granted, I didn't make it out for a big sheep adventure up North during that time, but I made sure to get out for at least one good trip every year as I was living in Van at the time and couldn't do much weekend hunting. It was those trips that helped me keep it together so I could support my loved ones the rest of the year. Of course, it would not have been possible without my wife who supported me fully.

All this to say, anything is possible and life is what you make of it. So get the hell out there Seeker and anyone else reading!

pnbrock
12-31-2017, 06:52 PM
ok there has to be a story to the water fowling injury???

12-31-2017, 07:06 PM

or Pat ...... He's just a plain ol Rookie at the bird thing and should stick to big game ..... Eh SSS ??

Regardless he had fun, a gas actually...... post up the fowl hunt SSS :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

all in fun SSS

Stone Sheep Steve
12-31-2017, 07:22 PM

or Pat ...... He's just a plain ol Rookie at the bird thing and should stick to big game ..... Eh SSS ??

Regardless he had fun, a gas actually...... post up the fowl hunt SSS :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

all in fun SSS

Haha! What Howie said. Like a duck out of water.

Shoulder got more sore as the weekend progressed and I finally decided to look at it after the three days were up. To my surpize, the shoulder looked fine but my new purple bicep was a bit of a shock. Wasnt even sore?!? Think all the fluid ran downhill.

Pretty sure it was those misses on geese while they flew straight overhead. By the time I was ready for the second shot I was past vertical and knew it was a suicide shot. But, hey, there's hope when there's steel in the air! Lol!

Im sticking to fly-in mtn hunts as they are far less dangerous!

SSS

Sitkaspruce
12-31-2017, 08:38 PM
Thanks Brent!!

Great video of what we love to do!!

Hopefully it has inspired some more guys to do the same.....I started today, but man is there a lot of photos and video to go through!!!

Thanks for showing the "younger" generation what it was like for us "old guys" back in the day!!

Cheers

SS

Wrayzer
01-01-2018, 07:24 AM
Great video SSS thanks for putting it together, some fantastic hunts you've been on.

GEF
01-01-2018, 08:13 AM
Wow!Love it ,nicely done .I am envious .Makes me reflect back on my life and wonder.Some of those vistas are soul cleansing!

Timbow
01-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share. When people share pictures of their success we rarely see the other component of the hunt that makes it memorable and wanting more and that is the places and scenery we witness.

I think a non-hunting crowd would appreciate this video as it shows more to hunting than the kill, which I think you presented here. Very good job!

Stone Sheep Steve
01-01-2018, 04:00 PM
I think a non-hunting crowd would appreciate this video as it shows more to hunting than the kill, which I think you presented here. Very good job!

I agree but I think it's just a tad heavy in the dead critter side of things in a few spots. Was lacking scenery shots in the days before digital.

Was contemplating putting it up on my private FB page to reach out to a few non hunters but I'm not 100% sure of it?
Maybe I'm being a bit too sensitive?

SSS

Ourea
01-01-2018, 04:03 PM
I agree but I think it's just a tad heavy in the dead critter side of things in a few spots. Was lacking scenery shots in the days before digital.

Was contemplating putting it up on my private FB page to reach out to a few non hunters but I'm not 100% sure of it?
Maybe I'm being a bit too sensitive? SSS

.....yup.....

frenchbar
01-01-2018, 04:13 PM
cheers Brent..that was well done! tfs

Stone Sheep Steve
01-01-2018, 04:29 PM
.....yup.....

Yep, it's too heavy on the dead critters side....or yep, I'm being too sensitive?

the_longwalker
01-01-2018, 04:40 PM
That was an inspiring video, thank you very much. Who is the artist of the song and the song title, please?

Stone Sheep Steve
01-01-2018, 04:49 PM
That was an inspiring video, thank you very much. Who is the artist of the song and the song title, please?

Thanks!
Artist is Ted Nugent
Song is 'Fred Bear'
Album is 'Spirit of the Wild'

the_longwalker
01-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Thank you!

Ourea
01-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Yep, it's too heavy on the dead critters side....or yep, I'm being too sensitive?

Yes, you are being too sensitive.
Hunting is hunting.
Dead is dead.

Some will either accept hunting as a way to feed their families in a healthy manner that is sustainable ........some will be offended. Personally, I think no one needs to apologize and hide if they hunt if they represent the sport in a professional manner. And SSS, you do just that.
Cheers

GEF
01-01-2018, 06:50 PM
I really think your compilation epitomizes what hunting is to me and many others .Showed it to my wife she loved it, again well done.

Mauser98
01-01-2018, 07:26 PM
Very nicely done.

Ran an fine on my iPad.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Yes, you are being too sensitive.
Hunting is hunting.
Dead is dead.

Some will either accept hunting as a way to feed their families in a healthy manner that is sustainable ........some will be offended. Personally, I think no one needs to apologize and hide if they hunt if they represent the sport in a professional manner. And SSS, you do just that.
Cheers

You are probably right on that one.
Cant always make everyone happy.

Very nicely done.

Ran an fine on my iPad.

That's good to know. I think the isssue may be more with regular social media sights like Fb and twitter.
They like to make money from advertising on your videos and the ads don't show up on mobile phones...so they somehow block them

SSS

pnbrock
01-01-2018, 08:44 PM
my son got a new nerf gun for xmas so old one may be up for grabs.think of the possibilities weekends at the range and still be able to join bcrams for water fowling.

Stone Sheep Steve
01-01-2018, 08:51 PM
my son got a new nerf gun for xmas so old one may be up for grabs.think of the possibilities weekends at the range and still be able to join bcrams for water fowling.

LOL! I think that might be more my style!:redface:

Brambles
01-02-2018, 01:04 AM
Well done Brent, great experiances thanks for sharing.

calvin L
01-02-2018, 09:40 AM
After watching this a couple of times with the boy's I am great full that SSS took the time once again to do this video . So many of the trips I remember like it was yesterday ! The people , places and animals not harvested and harvested , every trip was a success . Some more so than others not do to a kill but two little sayings !
It's going to be a Bonner , and the ever popular (with SSS) IT'S ALL PART OF THE ADVENTURE ) .

Thanks Brent for all the good time's and so many more in 2018 .

Stone Sheep Steve
01-02-2018, 03:49 PM
After watching this a couple of times with the boy's I am great full that SSS took the time once again to do this video . So many of the trips I remember like it was yesterday ! The people , places and animals not harvested and harvested , every trip was a success . Some more so than others not do to a kill but two little sayings !
It's going to be a Bonner , and the ever popular (with SSS) IT'S ALL PART OF THE ADVENTURE ) .

Thanks Brent for all the good time's and so many more in 2018 .

Amen Brother Calvin!

Its crazy how fast time flies.

Lots of memories and lots of laughs to go with all those pictures.

No body remembers those trips that go according to plan. That's where I come in! Lol!