PDA

View Full Version : Gear review:Kenetrek gaiters.

uraarchr
12-23-2017, 06:43 PM
Got them late last season.Used them a lot this fall and right to the 20th Dec in wet grass,and a lot in deep snow (wet and powder snow).Theyre very quiet and work great.crossed a few creeks in them. Always stayed dry .
Sure nice to have.Looked at quite a few others but decided on the Kenetreks because of the quietness.

Fisher-Dude
12-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Really like mine. Dry and warm and comfortable.

And they've held up really well, nothing even hinting at wearing out yet.

Two thumbs up from me.

swampthing
12-24-2017, 09:38 AM
I have run kenetrek, Sitka and kuiu gaitors. I liked the kenetreks the best

~T-BONE~
12-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Yes very quiet. Foot straps busted on me at the buckle. (Got 2.5 seasons out of them) Would buy them again.

ruttinbuck
12-24-2017, 10:52 AM
I like the product.
Would like them more if one of the top strap buckle\clasp assembly pivot pins didn't break in warm temps.
Cost cutting cheaper clasp assembly like most products these days.
Time will tell if I buy kenetrek again or try another brand.RB

twoSevenO
12-24-2017, 01:26 PM
How tall are they? Got a measurement on them?

Do they do a good job of staying up?

swampthing
12-25-2017, 11:41 AM
They stay up just fine.

Huevos
12-25-2017, 01:18 PM
I bought a set a couple years ago for $50. Couldn't pass on the deal. I didn't actually use them until this year and I really like them. As far as staying up, They worked well for me, but I have big calves so not prone to sliding down. I also put them on my 11 yr old daughter, synced them up way beyond what they were designed for and they stayed up on her too. I would buy them again.

Weatherby Fan
12-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Awesome to hear about the Kenetrek Gaiters as I ordered some Large ones for myself, looking forward to trying them out this next week !

Elkaddict
12-25-2017, 02:18 PM
How tall are they? Got a measurement on them?

Do they do a good job of staying up?

Mine are size L and measure 17" at their longest point.

As far as staying up goes, there's a fairly wide/stiff strip of velcro up the front. I think this goes a long way in helping them stay up. I find I have to occasionally tug them up a little and re-cinch them. They definitely don't end up down around your ankles like socks with no elastic :) Overall no complaints, I wouldn't hesitate on buy another set when these wear out, they work very well.

uraarchr
12-25-2017, 02:27 PM
Mine are also L and they stay up well.

Rattler
12-25-2017, 03:26 PM
I liked them because they were quiet. Downside they only lasted three years.