PDA

View Full Version : Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Pages : [1] 2

dana
12-23-2017, 02:19 PM
Honest question? How many are sick of certain bullies that mandate their opinions and have taken all the fun away from HBC? Do you want to see real hunting and outdoor photos again and have real hunting stories again? Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow? This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that. Do you long for the days before that take over? Here is what I am thinking. Time to get all those hunters that left this site back. Time to make this site great again. And time to send the bullies and the trolls packing. I have been very busy the last 3 years. I have personally taken thousands of photos on my adventures over that timeframe. And unless you have followed my IG, you probably haven't seen many of them, as I have stayed far away from so-called hunting boards. Especially ones with a lot of trolling and bullying. Now, if the mods want to heavily moderate and nuke everything I say because they happen to be personal friends with some of the bullies, i will take my photos and create my own website. I have a solid base of 12 Thousand hunters and outdoorsmen and outdoorswoman that follow my IG. Many of those would be happy to join a whole new 'positive' hunting site. As an example, how many hunteress' do you have that frequent this site? Why not many? Could it have something to do with the sexism that this site promotes? In the day and age of Me Too, I am tempted to show the authorities certain member posts from over the years and out them on a Me Too campaign. These same members are the bullies that control the division of this site. Who thinks they need to go before this site can get back to being a hunting site again? No sweat off my back what you want. I can go and play in a different sandbox. But you won't have those good hunter dialogue that used to be here because other hunters will not come back until the bullies are dealt with. What say you?

Dannybuoy
12-23-2017, 02:31 PM
I commented last year on having the mods deleting or not allowing so many silly threads .... ie sasquatch , conspiracy theories etc as other than being funny they are disruptive ....
whats a IG ?

TexasWalker
12-23-2017, 02:36 PM
I commented last year on having the mods deleting or not allowing so many silly threads .... ie sasquatch , conspiracy theories etc as other than being funny they are disruptive ....
whats a IG ?

Instagram.

All pics and no bullshit.

kebes
12-23-2017, 02:38 PM
Honest question? How many are sick of certain bullies that mandate their opinions and have taken all the fun away from HBC? Do you want to see real hunting and outdoor photos again and have real hunting stories again? Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow? This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that. Do you long for the days before that take over? Here is what I am thinking. Time to get all those hunters that left this site back. Time to make this site great again. And time to send the bullies and the trolls packing. I have been very busy the last 3 years. I have personally taken thousands of photos on my adventures over that timeframe. And unless you have followed my IG, you probably haven't seen many of them, as I have stayed far away from so-called hunting boards. Especially ones with a lot of trolling and bullying. Now, if the mods want to heavily moderate and nuke everything I say because they happen to be personal friends with some of the bullies, i will take my photos and create my own website. I have a solid base of 14 Thousand hunters and outdoorsmen and outdoorswoman that follow my IG. Many of those would be happy to join a whole new 'positive' hunting site. As an example, how many hunteress' do you have that frequent this site? Why not many? Could it have something to do with the sexism that this site promotes? In the day and age of Me Too, I am tempted to show the authorities certain member posts from over the years and out them on a Me Too campaign. These same members are the bullies that control the division of this site. Who thinks they need to go before this site can get back to being a hunting site again? No sweat off my back what you want. I can go and play in a different sandbox. But you won't have those good hunter dialogue that used to be here because other hunters will not come back until the bullies are dealt with. What say you?

All you're doing is adding to the drama. I've seen a number of really good threads lately and after years of being a member they inspired me to start one of my own (won't be as good as some members who are far better hunters than I am :D ). Why not just post and enjoy rather than baiting the 'bullies' and trying to dictate terms?

ElectricDyck
12-23-2017, 02:43 PM
I love the idea of a pro hunting positive non judgemental hunting site..just don't think it can happen without heavy moderation..it would take people typing like they were talking face to face with a real person. It doesn't seem like mutual respect wins out on the web these days. Its not just this hunting site, Ive seen it in the 4x4 sites as well, its the faceless internet... I stopped posting pics or stories because of this.

I did suggest a "trip reports" section a few years back. Its my favorite thing to read after a long day fighting lower mainland traffic..unfortunately not allowing replys might be the ticket for a successful section like that..

Salty
12-23-2017, 02:51 PM
All you're doing is adding to the drama. I've seen a number of really good threads lately and after years of being a member they inspired me to start one of my own (won't be as good as some members who are far better hunters than I am :D ). Why not just post and enjoy rather than baiting the 'bullies' and trying to dictate terms?

That'd be my take. Bit of a wave of negative right now lots to be stressed out about with the recent gb ban etc. Over time it works itself out around here for the most part.

longwalk
12-23-2017, 02:54 PM
A trip report would be the best way to go. BTW, good to see you back on here Dana.

dana
12-23-2017, 02:54 PM
That'd be my take. Bit of a wave of negative right now lots to be stressed out about with the recent gb ban etc. Over time it works itself out around here for the most part.
Sooo how many members did this site loose in 2014/2015 that never came back? Status quo is not going to unify hunters as a force that will topple the NDP. This site was indeed the unifying force to topple the Liberals. The only heavy moderation back then was if you didn't follow like a sheep to the slaughter you had everything you said deleted but if you were a sheep, you could slander as many honest hunters you wanted too with zero consquence.

ACE
12-23-2017, 02:55 PM
Whether you like it or not ...... hunting has become a 'political issue'.
You'd be blind to think otherwise. Our hunting heritage is being eroded from all sides now.
To ignore the political aspect of access, land use and ownership, First Nation issues, is to do a dis-service to all the folks that like 'and expect' to hunt in the future.
Just my $0.02 ....

quadrakid
12-23-2017, 03:04 PM
Yes,i would rather see this site regress to where it once was. More hunting less conpiracy theory,native bashing and general nonsense.There was always some heated discussions and debate,as there should be.I often wonder how many people who post actually ever go hunting?
Nice to see you posting Dana,hope your family is well and dropping some fine critters.

Salty
12-23-2017, 03:06 PM
Sooo how many members did this site loose the in 2015 that never came back? Status quo is not going to unify hunters as a force that will topple the NDP. This site was the unifying force to topple the Liberals. The only heavy moderation back them was if you didn't follow like a sheep to the slaughter you had everything you said deleted but if you were a sheep, you could slander as many honest hunters you wanted too with zero consquence.

I'm not sure what the allocation policy has to do with this (2015) but none that I can think of, I'm sure there was a few but I didn't notice.

Dana there's a few thousand active members here and they're not all going to vote the same party as you its a given. They're not going to agree with you on every issue another given. We need to be better than needing one single party to make or break our way of life. We need to deal with whoever is in power as best we can to keep our hunting heritage as unscathed as possible. Politicizing everything and making black and white is natural and many here do it but we need to look past that and build on things like the right to hunt and fish act. And we need to continue improving our image. I think we're on the right track for the most part with a few very obvious exceptions.

pg83
12-23-2017, 03:10 PM
I first found this site because of my interest in hunting. I stayed here because there was tons of info on hunting(BC in particular). I definitely slowed down my visits here the last few years as most of the threads were no longer about hunting. I'd love to see it get back to it's hey day, but I truly believe with FB and IG around now that won't happen. Why sift through a ton of crap to find the odd gem when you can avoid most of the crap somewhere else? That said, the last couple of days have been a pleasant change and it's great to see some guys sharing stories and pictures again. I hope it continues.

Salty
12-23-2017, 03:10 PM
Yes,i would rather see this site regress to where it once was. More hunting less conpiracy theory,native bashing and general nonsense.There was always some heated discussions and debate,as there should be.I often wonder how many people who post actually ever go hunting?
Nice to see you posting Dana,hope your family is well and dropping some fine critters.

This I agree with big time. I wouldn't want it to be all Nazi with no non related comment but somehow we need to loose the endless conspiracy theory and unrelated political threads.

elknut
12-23-2017, 03:11 PM
Fire up a new site ...If its a site that you can post pictures from your cell phone and there is a more dedicated site to pics and hunting stories good..I`ve never posted on HBC cause I couldn`t get past posting pictures..I don`t want to jump through hoops to post a pic ..So my participation was through commenting my views on posts and trying to be constructive towards the posters ..But some heavy hitters come to the front and seem to own the forum..There are some good fellas on HBC and hunters that are willing to help others ..That`s my thoughts and loved seeing your wildlife pics Dana ..Take care Dennis

Ferenc
12-23-2017, 03:12 PM
It sure would be nice to post pics on this site without using a 3rd party site and or sites ... there’s some truly awesome individuals that contribute to Hbc... it’s all about content.. and can I ask what makes IG so different ,never been to this site or Fb for that matter..... is it that Hbc is behind the times a bit and not so user friendly anymore ... that it’s easier to rant and rave... than put up a good experience with pics.

dana
12-23-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure what the allocation policy has to do with this (2015) but none that I can think of, I'm sure there was a few but I didn't notice.

Dana there's a few thousand active members here and they're not all going to vote the same party as you its a given. They're not going to agree with you on every issue another given. We need to be better than needing one single party to make or break our way of life. We need to deal with whoever is in power as best we can to keep our hunting heritage as unscathed as possible. Politicizing everything and making black and white is natural and many here do it but we need to look past that and build on things like the right to hunt and fish act. And we need to continue improving our image. I think we're on the right track for the most part with a few very obvious exceptions.

Sooo you voted NDP or Green didn't ya? And you still can't admit riling up the hunters in 2015 put us in the mess we currently are in? Good to know. "He has a list and he is checking it twice. Gonna findout who is naughty or nice"

Stroodle
12-23-2017, 03:19 PM
I tend to agree with the OP - I'm not a long time member of the site, but really enjoy reading about hunters trips and experiences and the knowledge spread, but can never seem to get to far in a thread before someone gets negative and derails the intent. I've been sucked in by these trolls on this site already - made comments myself that contradict my thoughts here, but would just love to hear the stories and info and not get dragged into the mud of someone trying to get their post count up. There are several members on here that when I see the name on the post, I cringe and already know where it will be going. I also agree that we need to be aware of the politics and the challenges of being a hunter but it doesn't need to hit almost all of these posts. I'm ranting a bit here, but would truly enjoy getting back to what it sounds like it once was. I don't post any pics and very little stories here because I just don't need the crap that will most likely come up at some point. I like the idea of a 'Hunting Stories' tab on the forum without being able to reply but it is nice to hear peoples positive responses too. Maybe I just imagine an online site that just can't happen, but I always think of what the anti's must think when they read some of the crap here - sometimes...a lot of the times... we sound like a bunch of people dragging each other through the mud and seem disorganized. Just me perhaps. Enough said - Merry Christmas to all and the best in the upcoming year!

pg83
12-23-2017, 03:20 PM
It sure would be nice to post pics on this site without using a 3rd party site and or sites ... there’s some truly awesome individuals that contribute to Hbc... it’s all about content.. and can I ask what makes IG so different ,never been to this site or Fb for that matter..... is it that Hbc is behind the times a bit and not so user friendly anymore ... that it’s easier to rant and rave... than put up a good experience with pics.

IG is great because there is minimal chatter. It's just pictures and they are simple to upload whether from a PC or tablet or phone. You follow who you want to so you have far more control over the content you see.

Travalanche
12-23-2017, 03:21 PM
There is already a hunting and fishing "social media" site.

http://www.mytrophyroom.com/

Set up an account on here. It's like facebook for hunting. And there is an actual app for it

Travalanche
12-23-2017, 03:28 PM
App doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment but it exists

604ksmith
12-23-2017, 03:30 PM
I agree with Dana and others with their comments above.

I came to this site years ago as a new hunter. This site has a ton of great references and it helped me immensely over the years. However if you notice the dates of most helpful threads and posts, they date back a ways.

I know I don't conform to the stereotypical hunter (e.g. live in a major city, have no family members who hunt, lean left on social issues, lean right on environmental/finance etc.) so I value and appreciate diversity of opinion in a site such as this. But I agree with those above and in my opinion people have taken their right to self expression not only off-topic on this site, but beyond reason. There is a clear vein of disrespect on this site. From outward racial comments, political witch hunts, to personal spats. As such, I would like the moderators to step in with more control and authority than what has been used in the past, but we as members also have to do our part if we deem this site worthy of our efforts.

For the moderators, asking for changes like this isn't easy, so I have tempered expectations. Sweeping changes won't happen quickly, on this site or in public opinion of hunters, so please just do your best and I'll try to do my part to help with my posts or threads. If I can see a few more closed threads or banned members, I think positive helpful posts from myself and others can sway this site back into the focused, positive, hunting site it used to be.

If not, and Dana or any others create a new site, competition usually increases the quality of a product and I would support whatever site has the best content.

Thanks, my $0.02.

RugDoctor
12-23-2017, 03:39 PM
What's wrong with staying off the "politics and debate" section, and sticking to the other sections of the site? I agree it gets old, and when it does, I leave it alone and look at the hunting stuff, not the political stuff. It's pretty great to see what people who have such a common passion as hunting think and feel about some of the more contentious political issues at times....at times it gets old....stay away, but don't try to control the entire site to what you want it to be. Take responsibility for what you view and participate in.

Edit: Not trying to sound sharp....just my opinion....no offence intended.

604redneck
12-23-2017, 03:43 PM
No he is not adding to the drama. He is just stating the obvious. Nobody wants to post shit cause of the bullshit. I had multiple succesful hunts this year and wont post any more stories or pics. This site is now a buy and sell site for me and the odd good read.

Piperdown
12-23-2017, 03:54 PM
F*ck me derailed already, yes Dana i would love for this site to get back to basics. I rarely post here anymore not that i shoot a lot of crankers but i do enjoy the stories and i really appreciate it when hunters help help each other out. Dana maybe get on Big Shots i have joined there and there seems to be no BS there and the folks on there seem genuine even the ones who are on this one too :mrgreen: , hopefully this site will turn around.

Mulehahn
12-23-2017, 04:10 PM
I agree that this site is not what it used to be, but neither is the hunting in this province. Like it or not, the 2 greatest issues endangering the future of hunting in this province are the government (not just NDP or Greens. Liberals sold us out as well) and First Nations. Though I do not agree with many of the comments posted, the community as a whole needs a place to come together and discuss these very important issues. This site provides that. And of the people who I know who left, it was not because of the "politics" but the personal attacks in the hunting stories. Whether it was about the animal, method, or just a personal beef it got ugly.

Ig is fine but to me a photo, though pretty, doesn't give the real story. Facebook to me is basically a series of ongoing disasters (look at the cougar hunt un Alberta). Sites like this, though need fine tuning, play an important role. I would support a heavier hand by the moderators but also think that people should police themselves. Use the report button!

*Apologies for previous versions horrible spelling and grammar

dana
12-23-2017, 04:12 PM
SSS, He must have changed his tune recently because he was the one that wanted the Liberals to pay the most and slammed each and every hunter that disagreed with him. How many have left this site because of ol'Paddycake attacking them. Yup, he really is a Hunter Recruitment genius ain't he? I am more than willing to work with people who can own up to their mistakes and own what they said and make things right. But Paddycake doesn't have it in him. He is right and everyelse is wrong. He is and always has been an internet bully and for this site to move on, the internet bullies have to go!

Stone Sheep Steve
12-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Sorry Dana. Deleted my post. Hate drama and thought better of it.

dana
12-23-2017, 04:22 PM
SSS, so the only drama that is good is when it is personal attacks made by your friends? Do you know how many lies ol'Paddy told about me and my family? Do you know how many lies he told about countless hunters that left this site? All because they dared to disagree and refused to be a sheep. You say you don't want drama, maybe tell Paddy to shut up and listen istead of attacking constantly.

BgBlkDg
12-23-2017, 04:23 PM
Mulehahn, I totally agree and while I may disagree with the decisions of the mods, even "Steelie" ;), at times, I do consider HBC, to be currently the best venue for hunters to discuss the issues we face, like it or not.

I see no real problem between dialogues concerning the political issues, stories of hunts, discussions of personal or family issues and the joking among some rather knowledgeable gun nuts over our guns, handloading and even harassing "RJ", all in good fun and, I think, genuine friendship.

I have met quite a number of regular posters here, have found everyone of them to be great and have had quite a number come to my home for assistance in choosing packs and other gear and even try one of my rifles to see if they really wanted to buy that particular model.

So, I think we are OK and tend to prefer just letting the current of discussion flow freely and this seems to work very well on "24Hr" out of the US. In fact, some of my best buddies there are those whom I first met and scrapped with over issues such as Canadian resource sovereignty, so..........let's go forth and defeat the antis with determination and enjoy the process!

Big Lew
12-23-2017, 04:53 PM
What's wrong with staying off the "politics and debate" section, and sticking to the other sections of the site? I agree it gets old, and when it does, I leave it alone and look at the hunting stuff, not the political stuff. It's pretty great to see what people who have such a common passion as hunting think and feel about some of the more contentious political issues at times....at times it gets old....stay away, but don't try to control the entire site to what you want it to be. Take responsibility for what you view and participate in.

Edit: Not trying to sound sharp....just my opinion....no offence intended.

I agree...I tend to stay away from the drama and mean spirited discussions. I actually have been more
active lately because I personally think this site has improved. Many posters seem to be more considerate
and constructive than awhile ago when it seemed the site was a free-for-all in name calling and vicious
attacks. I admit that I thought a couple of moderators were either allowing too much of this to go on, or
were bias and inconsistent in their moderating etc, but as of late I think they're doing a much better job.
I have been asked, and have offered quite a few members advice and directions to spots that I've done well
in lately via pms because of what I see as re-newed and positive attitude on this site.

Bugle M In
12-23-2017, 05:10 PM
Dana,
I was glad to see some old faces returning, especially enlight of the recent events in the hunting/political/anti
world as of late.
I am glad to see people wanting to get back into the mix again, and if it took the recents NDP/Green BS to do that,
then so be it....lets face it....if that "wasn't enough" to get hunters back together again...then I don't know what will.
That being said though, this site has a lot of elements to it, like some have stated, whether it be selling guns,
campfire stories or political BS.
Believe, I would love to be back in the days where we would banter back and forth about which way is the best way
to hunt this or that species....so on and so forth.
But, I am questioning the path you are on now.
You, yourself, are asking people to "have people gone" from this site....because they are "bullies".
But....by doing that, aren't you yourself now acting as a bully??

The site will be what the site is, unless the mods/developer of this site choose to change/moderate it in a different manner.
Otherwise, this site is exactly how everyone chooses to participate in it.
If I choose to not like it....I will stay away...move on.
If I choose to accept it.....I will stay.
Either way, the site is what it is "today" because of many of the "social issues" surrounding us socially.
there's lots of things going on, and there's lots of members, and lots of difference in opinions.
The only thing we could do, be better at, is to be a lot more "respectful" to each other at times during discussions.
But to think the site will be this way or that way.....sorry, I just don't see that happening.

If hunting was accepted socially, and politically, then there would be no discussions going on right now about such things.
If there was game everywhere, and everyone was tagging out, we wouldn't waste time discussing things like habitat or restrictions...

All we would see is pics of people hunting, and people just enquiring what region.
We are a long way off from that happening right now, and we need as many hunter together, to make sure when can get back to a site where we are "just posting pics and stories".

mpotzold
12-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Honest question? How many are sick of certain bullies that mandate their opinions and have taken all the fun away from HBC? Do you want to see real hunting and outdoor photos again and have real hunting stories again? Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow? This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that. Do you long for the days before that take over? Here is what I am thinking. Time to get all those hunters that left this site back. Time to make this site great again. And time to send the bullies and the trolls packing. I have been very busy the last 3 years. I have personally taken thousands of photos on my adventures over that timeframe. And unless you have followed my IG, you probably haven't seen many of them, as I have stayed far away from so-called hunting boards. Especially ones with a lot of trolling and bullying. Now, if the mods want to heavily moderate and nuke everything I say because they happen to be personal friends with some of the bullies, i will take my photos and create my own website. I have a solid base of 12 Thousand hunters and outdoorsmen and outdoorswoman that follow my IG. Many of those would be happy to join a whole new 'positive' hunting site. As an example, how many hunteress' do you have that frequent this site? Why not many? Could it have something to do with the sexism that this site promotes? In the day and age of Me Too, I am tempted to show the authorities certain member posts from over the years and out them on a Me Too campaign. These same members are the bullies that control the division of this site. Who thinks they need to go before this site can get back to being a hunting site again? No sweat off my back what you want. I can go and play in a different sandbox. But you won't have those good hunter dialogue that used to be here because other hunters will not come back until the bullies are dealt with. What say you?

Let me get a napkin!:cry:
Finally back! :-P

Please name the so called divisive crew & the whole bunch! Site taken over-please explain! Sorry I'm sort of slow!:(

The really good hunter that I miss is Chris Kind(aka Safarichris) It would be a memorable pleasure to sit by the campfire, imbibing in one's favourite & listening to countless wilderness adventures & other stories with Chris as a guest.
You 2 did not get along-wonder if he left because of your comments.:mrgreen:

You don't like a topic-then don't read it! You don't like a person-then put him/her on the IGNORE list. It's that simple.
The obvious trolls I almost always ignore.

HBC is a great site & I would take up knitting before joining that other whatever it's called!

Steeleco
12-23-2017, 05:37 PM
While I agree with you Dana and am one person that can actually make change to the site, but do you have any idea what it's like to moderate a site with 1000's grown babies?
People that start fights then ask us mods to deal with shit because they're getting push back? People that can't read the site rules and bump daily etc. I have a full time job, one that pays much better than this one!!!!!

12-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Stole the words from my mouth bugle M in.

I too have noticed a number of old has beens returning ...... Good to see.

The internet, oh the Internet. It is what it is. Same as playboy, hustler, if ya don't like it, ya don't have to look, or participate. Moderators ..... Yes need to do a better job, that said, I'm glad I'm not in their shoes . Who hasn't been mistreated, or disrespected, and it goes both ways when defending opinion or values.

But ...... You can always do your own site, if you think you can do better, as for BSbc, they are no different and have a number of guys that if ya don't beat their drum, or toe their line ....... Untruths and judgement slams on ya. There are always two sides to every story ........ Unfortunately, here and elsewhere, every site has it and some people don't always see both sides. Its unfortunate, because untruths hurt. It's the Internet, and it's just the way it goes.

Im really tired if the slamming of each other, hunters vs hunters, guides vs residents, those for those against the BCWF ....... It gets old.

As for the BCWF ...... Show me ANY organization that has done more for fish and wildlife in this Province over the years, and I'll tip my hat for you. Quite frankly, there isn't one. Not even one close too its commitment for the future of wildlife. And YES, I've been a long long supporter, and continue to be. Point is you can't please everyone. Even through all the BS that some continue to bring up. Either prove your point or shut up. You know who you are.

Your opinion or mine ........ There will always be some one disagreeing with you.

Moving forward, let's build WILDLIFE.

TexasWalker
12-23-2017, 05:59 PM
Stole the words from my mouth bugle M in.

I too have noticed a number of old has beens returning ...... Good to see.

The internet, oh the Internet. It is what it is. Same as playboy, hustler, if ya don't like it, ya don't have to look, or participate. Moderators ..... Yes need to do a better job, that said, I'm glad I'm not in their shoes . Who hasn't been mistreated, or disrespected, and it goes both ways when defending opinion or values.

But ...... You can always do your own site, if you think you can do better, as for BSbc, they are no different and have a number of guys that if ya don't beat their drum, or toe their line ....... Untruths and judgement slams on ya. There are always two sides to every story ........ Unfortunately, here and elsewhere, every site has it and some people don't always see both sides. Its unfortunate, because untruths hurt. It's the Internet, and it's just the way it goes.

Im really tired if the slamming of each other, hunters vs hunters, guides vs residents, those for those against the BCWF ....... It gets old.

As for the BCWF ...... Show me ANY organization that has done more for fish and wildlife in this Province over the years, and I'll tip my hat for you. Quite frankly, there isn't one. Not even one close too its commitment for the future of wildlife. And YES, I've been a long long supporter, and continue to be. Point is you can't please everyone. Even through all the BS that some continue to bring up. Either prove your point or shut up. You know who you are.

Your opinion or mine ........ There will always be some one disagreeing with you.

Moving forward, let's build WILDLIFE.

Yeah all those BCWF flag wavers that have been shitting on guide outfitters and dividing the hunting population while pushing people to vote for the NDP sure did a lot of good!!

12-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Yeah all those BCWF flag wavers that have been shitting on guide outfitters and dividing the hunting population while pushing people to vote for the NDP sure did a lot of good!!

and here we have EXACTLY what I was referring too ..... Oh well, a difference of opinion ..... And a guy that can do everything good for wildlife.

Lol

Salty
12-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Sooo you voted NDP or Green didn't ya? And you still can't admit riling up the hunters in 2015 put us in the mess we currently are in? Good to know. "He has a list and he is checking it twice. Gonna findout who is naughty or nice"

No I didn't vote for the NDP or the Greens.

TexasWalker
12-23-2017, 06:26 PM
and here we have EXACTLY what I was referring too ..... Oh well, a difference of opinion ..... And a guy that can do everything good for wildlife.

Lol

I agree with much of what you say.

But your sigline just adds to the division among hunters here and doesn't do any good.
When the BCWF and it's fanboys here start telling me what and why I hunt it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not alone there.

Weatherby Fan
12-23-2017, 06:26 PM
Let me get a napkin!:cry:
Finally back! :-P

Please name the so called divisive crew & the whole bunch! Site taken over-please explain! Sorry I'm sort of slow!:(

The really good hunter that I miss is Chris Kind(aka Safarichris) It would be a memorable pleasure to sit by the campfire, imbibing in one's favourite & listening to countless wilderness adventures & other stories with Chris as a guest.
You 2 did not get along-wonder if he left because of your comments.:mrgreen:

You don't like a topic-then don't read it! You don't like a person-then put him/her on the IGNORE list. It's that simple.
The obvious trolls I almost always ignore.

HBC is a great site & I would take up knitting before joining that other whatever it's called!

I just spoke to Chris Kind the other day, he's down in Oregon, he will be back in Clinton late April, when I'm at Loon Lake I make a point of going to Clinton and take him out for dinner or lunch, always fun chatting hunting with him especially from the past !

M.Dean
12-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Why not just get a gang of 6 or 8 guys and go around and beat the crap out of the guys you don't like on here? Hell, that's what we did in school, worked OK! And once we got the "Bully" thing over with, I'd like to start a "Sexual Harassment" thread against some members from as far back as the early 70's!!! Dear Lord, the thing's that went on in the HBC washrooms back then were unspeakable! I feel so used and ashamed! Anyway's, Anyone know when spring bear open in region 3 this spring? I gott'a go shoot something, quick!

russm
12-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Could definitely be more hunting based, Ive backed off a lot over the last year or so, I don't care so much about the "bullies", but the site is called "huntingbc" not "American politics and current events in bc", there's lots of other places I can go if I want to read about North Korea or anything to do with trump, Trudeau or a pipeline? Yup can go elsewhere for that too.

i enjoy the site more than the other one that started up a while back but some threads are a waste of time in my opinion, there's so many " poor me someone was in my spot" or repeated threads its almost a deterrent at times.

Avalanche123
12-23-2017, 06:44 PM
Hey Dana, I do agree with your suggestions but you really lost me on page one with your second comment where it went somewhat political. You seem to have done the exact same thing you suggest needs cleaning up.
Best to get over it, try the site again, and as others suggested, if you don't like a topic, then just don't read it and don't engage the "bullies" (whoever they are).

Welcome Back!

mpotzold
12-23-2017, 06:49 PM

Reason: Don't know the numbers but my guess is that there are many, many more male hunters than female hunters. Wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 100 to 1.

This site promotes sexism:roll:is crapola!

12-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Why not just get a gang of 6 or 8 guys and go around and beat the crap out of the guys you don't like on here? Hell, that's what we did in school, worked OK! And once we got the "Bully" thing over with, I'd like to start a "Sexual Harassment" thread against some members from as far back as the early 70's!!! Dear Lord, the thing's that went on in the HBC washrooms back then were unspeakable! I feel so used and ashamed! Anyway's, Anyone know when spring bear open in region 3 this spring? I gott'a go shoot something, quick!

Always love your sense of humour....... And yes great to see you posting again too.

TW...... Don't like my sig line ........ Thumbs up, I like it a TON ! ...... Again don't have to agree with it. Your opinion. Gotta LOVE the Internet.

Gateholio
12-23-2017, 06:58 PM
Could definitely be more hunting based, Ive backed off a lot over the last year or so, I don't care so much about the "bullies", but the site is called "huntingbc" not "American politics and current events in bc", there's lots of other places I can go if I want to read about North Korea or anything to do with trump, Trudeau or a pipeline? Yup can go elsewhere for that too.

That's something that isn't too hard to deal with if the members want it.

The "Politics and Debates" forum is supposed to be about politics as it relates to hunting, fishing or guns, and some BC Politics is also allowed.

The 'some BC politics" part was to allow discussion about provincial elections, or big, important issues in BC- like Site C. The reason we instated this rule was because the hunting, fishing and guns part was getting diluted by politics all over the world, conspiracy theory crap, native issues that had no relevence to hunting or fishing, teachers strikes and god knows what else.

The net result was that people that like to post about this stuff started dumping it into Open Chat. And when people hit "new Posts" all these threads pop up along with the hunting threads.

You are absolutely correct that there are plenty of other sites to discuss this stuff, and the fact that they exist on HBC tends to dilute the hunting content. I personally would have no problem if HBC didn't have this sort of thing, but really the members should decide if they want it or not.

IslandWanderer
12-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Certainly there’s an array of opinions shared on HBC, but I haven’t noticed much bullying. I have however read some inappropriate comments, but as long as they’re directed at left leaning members the mods seem fine with it.

Big Lew
12-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Well, as I said earlier, I believe that this site is quite a bit better than in days past, and the moderators
trying harder to be consistent and less tolerant with the nastiness likely has a lot to do with it.
The way I see it...if there are those that wish for a forum that only allows pictures, stories, questions, and
information that's purely about hunting, they have 2 choices...ignore the threads that don't fit their agenda,
or start another forum more in line with their ideals. I'm registered on several forums, including hunting
and fishing forums. I pick and choose the threads that I'm interested in from all of them and leave the
rest to those that wish to participate in them...no stress, no problem. Much the same as when reading a hunting
or fishing magazine. Read the stories and view the pictures you're interested in, bypass the ads and commercials
you don't.

Ourea
12-23-2017, 07:27 PM
Every member has a choice on how they want to contribute or participate.
I know my conscious decision on how I interact/contribute to this site.

I have stated numerous times that it is up to each member to try and make HBC better.
Every online community grows or contracts based on the quality and quantity of content.
It's simple as that.
Content.

Rule # one on always having a good day......
"Do not allow the action and attitude of others affect your day"
Rule # two........see rule # one.

The only one suggestion I will make is that the owner of this site needs to take an active hands on role with HIS site.
I find that there is no vision, no plan and no objective.

No one member can fix that.

RugDoctor
12-23-2017, 07:43 PM
ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY NEEDS TO HAPPEN ON THIS SITE: MAKE IT EASIER TO PUT PICTURES UP!

i promise only constructive hunting posts if I can add pictures from mobile devices regardless of "size".

Merry Christmas to all

180grainer
12-23-2017, 07:54 PM
That's something that isn't too hard to deal with if the members want it.

The "Politics and Debates" forum is supposed to be about politics as it relates to hunting, fishing or guns, and some BC Politics is also allowed.

The 'some BC politics" part was to allow discussion about provincial elections, or big, important issues in BC- like Site C. The reason we instated this rule was because the hunting, fishing and guns part was getting diluted by politics all over the world, conspiracy theory crap, native issues that had no relevence to hunting or fishing, teachers strikes and god knows what else.

The net result was that people that like to post about this stuff started dumping it into Open Chat. And when people hit "new Posts" all these threads pop up along with the hunting threads.

You are absolutely correct that there are plenty of other sites to discuss this stuff, and the fact that they exist on HBC tends to dilute the hunting content. I personally would have no problem if HBC didn't have this sort of thing, but really the members should decide if they want it or not.
Not sure why people complain about the off hunting topic threads in the Open Chat forum. To be honest, if there is a drop in membership, the argument that the off topic stuff is the culprit is a bit of a canard. There are 25 other different forums dedicated to hunting only and 1 where any topic goes, (although I admit and am guilty of posting things in the politics and debates forum which probably shouldn't be there). To suggest the content in that one forum has somehow driven people off the site seems a little suspect. Never understood those that get on a thread in that forum and don't like the content and then start complaining. Lots of other areas on the site to keep them occupied and no one is forcing them to read anything.

dana
12-23-2017, 08:25 PM
Reason: Don't know the numbers but my guess is that there are many, many more male hunters than female hunters. Wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 100 to 1.

Hmmm, funny how on IG, a site with Thousands of hunters and their pages, the lady hunters run pretty darn close to 50% if I had to take a guess on my page. Might even be a tad higher. Wonder why? Hmmm?

Ohwildwon
12-23-2017, 08:36 PM
Hmmm, funny how on IG, a site with Thousands of hunters and their pages, the lady hunters run pretty darn close to 50% if I had to take a guess on my page. Might even be a tad higher. Wonder why? Hmmm?

That's because females are more visual..

Males are more concerned with an emotional bond and feeling connected..;)

Ourea
12-23-2017, 08:48 PM
Dana, if you are wanting to ask me questions maybe clean up some room in your inbox so I can respond

REMINGTON JIM
12-23-2017, 08:51 PM
Holy Phuck ! Thats a LOT of DRAMA ! :tongue: Dewey HURT my 1 feeling too ! lol :grin: RJ

Buckmeister
12-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Ok, I'll throw my hat in the ring on this one. A year ago or so this site was probably at it's lowest point. A lot of in-fighting and "cyber" bullying going on, and way too much non-hunting related political talk. But it tamed down a bit over the last while. But the actual hunting talk and stories are slow to come back, but they are there. Would I like to see the site go back to the glory days? Sure, but is it possible? Don't know.
What has happened on this site is really no different then what goes on at a local coffee shop, except that the conversation happens slower. I'd rather keep that stuff at the coffee shop. Do coffee shop talkers actually do much to make a difference in the political? Likely not. Same goes for here. I miss the stories and the pictures. Show us some more of yours Dana please. (Mass n Trash rulzes!)

landphil
12-23-2017, 09:12 PM
I would love to see more of your photos, and read more of your stories, I always did enjoy them.

As for the group of bullies and sexism, I must be blissfully ignorant? Perhaps because I browse forums the same way I’d walk through a dog park. If it looks like crap, I’d simply rather not step in it. Sometimes a shovel is usefull too (report the post), I’ve done it a time or three.

I was excited to see you posting again as it brought back memories of some of the quality content you used to share. I hope to see more of that, but your choice, of course. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

landphil
12-23-2017, 09:14 PM
Holy Phuck ! Thats a LOT of DRAMA ! :tongue: Dewey HURT my 1 feeling too ! lol :grin: RJ

You need some Forty Creek for that? Numb that thing!

dana
12-23-2017, 09:26 PM
Dana, if you are wanting to ask me questions maybe clean up some room in your inbox so I can respond

Done! 3 years of unread messages just cleaned out! Hahaha

Ourea
12-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Done! 3 years of unread messages just cleaned out! Hahaha

And don't be a prick
;-)

dana
12-23-2017, 09:37 PM
And don't be a prick
;-)
Impossible!

Ourea
12-23-2017, 09:48 PM
Impossible!

I will try and convert you.
The high road always wins in the long run

dana
12-23-2017, 09:53 PM
I will try and convert you.
The high road always wins in the long run
i tried that once remember? that is when I left here!

canucks6
12-23-2017, 09:55 PM
Loving this. Read lots and respond very little. I got a whole shed full of stories that i dont feel comfortible posting. Let's put the trolls back under their bridges. You want to post u gotta put up a pic, new rule I just started. Might get the keyboard warriors outside.

Ourea
12-23-2017, 10:00 PM
Loving this. Read lots and respond very little. I got a whole shed full of stories that i dont feel comfortible posting. Let's put the trolls back under their bridges. You want to post u gotta put up a pic, new rule I just started. Might get the keyboard warriors outside.

Jassmine is out then

dana
12-23-2017, 10:01 PM
Hahaha. It might just work. Sooo many of them have glued their asses to their computer chairs, they have forgotten what the light of day even looks likes. Bags the question, are we dealing with a bunch of zoombies?

Mulehahn
12-23-2017, 10:07 PM

I am actually curious as to why? Are you suggesting that 50% of all hunters in BC are female? I hope so but I doubt it. I only hunt a few areas, and rarely run into women hunting. Infact, i do not believe I have ever run into a woman, or group of women hunting alone. I know a few women at my local range who are avid firearm shooters but they do not hunt. I would concede archery is probably close to 50% (maybe higher), but again many do not hunt.

In fact, very very few of my exes or female friends will go on a hunting trip. Almost all of them will tag along, but short of a drive they will usually spend the days fishing or hiking while I hunt. So why do you think that half of your followers are huntresses?

Sorry for the derail, I just would truly like to know how to open the appeal of hunting to a more diverse group. We are losing out. Feel free to PM me

Ourea
12-23-2017, 10:09 PM
i tried that once remember? that is when I left here!

And you left a US hunting site over the drama as well.
Too many egos from what I recall.

Be fun to watch how you play in the sandbox again.

Ride Red
12-23-2017, 10:21 PM
#1 Make it easy to post pics please!!! Everytime I’ve tried, I failed and it’s frustrating. We all have stories, but pics bring everyone along for the ride. My recent bison hunt would be a great starter.

HappyJack
12-23-2017, 10:26 PM
I am actually curious as to why? Are you suggesting that 50% of all hunters in BC are female? I hope so but I doubt it. I only hunt a few areas, and rarely run into women hunting. Infact, i do not believe I have ever run into a woman, or group of women hunting alone. I know a few women at my local range who are avid firearm shooters but they do not hunt. I would concede archery is probably close to 50% (maybe higher), but again many do not hunt.

In fact, very very few of my exes or female friends will go on a hunting trip. Almost all of them will tag along, but short of a drive they will usually spend the days fishing or hiking while I hunt. So why do you think that half of your followers are huntresses?

Sorry for the derail, I just would truly like to know how to open the appeal of hunting to a more diverse group. We are losing out. Feel free to PM me

Actually have noticed an awful lot of ladies out there hunting the last few years, some are with their guys, some are by themselves and with kids tagging along. And these are actually female hunters not just ladies tagging along.

dana
12-23-2017, 10:27 PM

Come on now, you know there has ever been 'one' ego! Hahaha. I stayed on that US site a good long while after I left this site. I don't know if you remember the accusations being hurdled at me here during the whole Resident Hunter Revolution, but I did indeed take the high ground when I said enough of this $hit and left. And if you were to get with the program and get on IG you would see I have continued to take the high ground as I try to be a positive influence in this world.

caddisguy
12-23-2017, 10:28 PM
My take is that if I want to see hunting-only content, I stick to the hunting related sections. If I am bored and I feel like reading mixed banter, I'll check out the Open Chat or Politics sections.

It's all pretty well organized. If there's a section or thread I don't feel like reading, I don't click on it and start reading it. I don't have enough time to seek out things I know will annoy me.

I guess the "New posts" feature could have mixed stuff, but I have never really relied on it to navigate the forum. Maybe it can be adjusted to only show New posts in certain sections?

One thing I'd love to see more of is hunt stories (successful or not) I can't stand Facebook (never even tried IG) for that reason. Few people post write-ups... just pics "hey check out this buck I shot" ... *yawn... scroll*

Is this a bad time to say this should go in Open Chat? :)

Blk Arrow
12-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Dana makes valid points and it is very hard to have a hunting site that is strictly hunting when some much of what, where and how we hunt is dependent on public policy. When I view a topic here that may be controversial, I generally pass. Debating a topic can be fun but the style of “debate” on this site certainly gives an individual cause to question engaging in it. Hence I rarely visit this site anymore and I suspect I’m not alone.

Mulehahn
12-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Actually have noticed an awful lot of ladies out there hunting the last few years, some are with their guys, some are by themselves and with kids tagging along. And these are actually female hunters not just ladies tagging along.

That is great. I am happy to here that. I just don't think, unfortunately, they make up very significant portion of the hunting population. Which is really to bad. Hunting us one of the few sports that offers an even playing field.

Salty
12-23-2017, 10:38 PM

Fill this out at your earliest convenience RJ this must end :eek:

https://static.spiceworks.com/shared/post/0007/0034/HurtFeelingsReport.jpg

Weatherby Fan
12-23-2017, 10:38 PM

Are we seeing a common theme here ?

bearvalley
12-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Get the site revamped so us unskilled can put up pics!

kebes
12-23-2017, 10:41 PM
Side note for those struggling with posting pictures... I spent a few hours figuring that garbage out this morning and it's really easy (so easy it should never have taken me a few hours :grin:). Create an imgur account and upload your pictures. Than click on the photo and copy the bb code and paste it in your comment.... works like a charm.

The Hermit
12-23-2017, 10:43 PM
DANA !!! What is your handle on IG? Hit me up with a PM if you like.

My participation here has dropped of dramatically. I have come to fully understand that all the bullshit is actually bad for one's health. I have also recently taken FB and LinkedIn off my phone and work computer and now rarely read or post anything on social media other than work stuff.. It is a terrible distraction and sucks time away from those parts of life that are truly important. I would definitely enjoy seeing your incredible picks and hunting stories again though.

dana
12-23-2017, 10:44 PM

What I am saying is about 50% of the people that follow me are outdoorswoman. A large number of them are very accomplished hunters. And yet, in all my years on this site, only a small handful of outdoorswoman have showed up. Hmmm. Strange eh? Couldn't have anything to do with the rampant sexism this site has endorsed over the years. Seriously, when success photos of outdoorswomen have been posted up in the past, What do you think was the number 1 comment said again and again and again. Nice Rack! Hahaha giggle giggle. Or I'd hammer that. Hahaha, giggle giggle giggle. And yet you wonder why woman don't post here????

dana
12-23-2017, 10:48 PM
Side note for those struggling with posting pictures... I spent a few hours figuring that garbage out this morning and it's really easy (so easy it should never have taken me a few hours :grin:). Create an imgur account and upload your pictures. Than click on the photo and copy the bb code and paste it in your comment.... works like a charm.

Are you doing that with a device? I just used my photobucket account yesterday to post those 2 photos. First time using photobucket in several years. My Gawd, what a pain in the ass on a device. I don't even use a computer at home anymore. All I use is a phone or tablet. Not user friendly on these ancient old sites that have not even come close to changing with the times. I can see why no one posts photos.

caddisguy
12-23-2017, 10:52 PM
What I am saying is about 50% of the people that follow me are outdoorswoman. A large number of them are very accomplished hunters. And yet, in all my years on this site, only a small handful of outdoorswoman have showed up. Hmmm. Strange eh? Couldn't have anything to do with the rampant sexism this site has endorsed over the years. Seriously, when success photos of outdoorswomen have been posted up in the past, What do you think was the number 1 comment said again and again and again. Nice Rack! Hahaha giggle giggle. Or I'd hammer that. Hahaha, giggle giggle giggle. And yet you wonder why woman don't post here????

I have never seen any such posts here. Can you provide an example?

I am surprised the ratio of female to male hunters on IG is actually greater than the general population, but who knows as I have only heard one or two male friends mention IG while most of the girls I know talk about it all the time.

I think you might be taking womens appeal to IG and using it to make a case that HBC is somehow sexist. Can you link us to a thread where a woman posted a picture of an animal and a male member replied, "I'd hammer that''? It is quite an allegation.

kebes
12-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Are you doing that with a device? I just used my photobucket account yesterday to post those 2 photos. First time using photobucket in several years. My Gawd, what a pain in the ass on a device. I don't even use a computer at home anymore. All I use is a phone or tablet. Not user friendly on these ancient old sites that have not even come close to changing with the times. I can see why no one posts photos.

Haven’t done it on a device just laptop and that was hard enough for this tech dummy.... maybe an hbc fundraiser for some software upgrades is in order :o

horshur
12-23-2017, 10:59 PM

I am surprised the ratio of female to male hunters on IG is actually greater than the general population, but who knows as I have only heard one or two male friends mention IG while most of the girls I know talk about it all the time.

I think you might be taking womens appeal to IG and using it to make a case that HBC is somehow sexist. Can you link us to a thread where a woman posted a picture of an animal and a male member replied, "I'd hammer that''? It is quite an allegation.
God sakes they said the same about the news girl on global and the premier christy clarke

boxhitch
12-23-2017, 10:59 PM
The great thing about HBC is that it is self-correcting for the most part, when it stays on track long enough to finally get fleshed out properly.
Trouble is the narrow short attention span of many posters tend to derail the better topics faster than a barracuda in a herring ball

hey, did you hear what Trump typed on Twisted today?

dana
12-23-2017, 11:01 PM

Nope, i won't post a link. I don't have time to find what has been said here countless times in the past. I haven't been here for almost 3 years. I have no idea what you guys have done since I left. There is a search button still is there not? Why don't you look for it? I do know woman have been very uncomfortable posting here. I do also know that woman hunter numbers are growing and growing, especially with positive role models like Eva Shockey being an example. And it is something HBC had not and will not be a part of.

caddisguy
12-23-2017, 11:10 PM
God sakes they said the same about the news girl on global and the premier christy clarke

Though not appropriate or exclusive to HBC (you see that on FB too) it is a long stretch from directing it towards a female member.

If we are making allegations that if a female member posts a successful hunt picture here and gets replies "I'd hammer that", it needs to be substansiated. If true, let's look at how it can be dealt with, but if nobody can actually find an example of this happening, all this post is doing is needlessly discouraging female members from posting.

caddisguy
12-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Nope, i won't post a link. I don't have time to find what has been said here countless times in the past. I haven't been here for almost 3 years. I have no idea what you guys have done since I left. There is a search button still is there not? Why don't you look for it? I do know woman have been very uncomfortable posting here. I do also know that woman hunter numbers are growing and growing, especially with positive role models like Eva Shockey being an example. And it is something HBC had not and will not be a part of.

I haven't seen it in my 7 years here, but if we go around talking as if that is the norm on HBC, I can see how that would make people uncomfortable. I am 100% certain mods would deal with any sort of harassment. Perhaps it would be more constructive to let your followers know that instead of going on attack mode about #metoo stuff happening here

mpotzold
12-23-2017, 11:32 PM

Did some quick research & came up with 93 to 7 from 2013.
Never thought that there were that many women hunters. Remember back in the old days when there were 2x as many hunters in BC- I don't remember ever seeing a lady hunter.

REMINGTON JIM
12-23-2017, 11:34 PM
You need some Forty Creek for that? Numb that thing!

Im back on the CROWN now ! lol I need it to put up with SPY ! :wink: LOL RJ

Spy
12-23-2017, 11:36 PM
This thread has nothing to do with sexism or members leaving or the Mods not doing a GREAT job on HBC. This thread is because Dana is still Butt hurt because many members did not agree with him on the allocation policy thread & he did not take the high road he left because he was pissed off.
Hey Dana one of your favorite sayings was "don't get your panties in a Knot" & it won't take me long to find an example. You talked politics all the time pages and pages why not check your last posts. Everyone has been getting on just fine here many great hunting threads and plenty more to come, hell I was even thinking of posting up a couple now that the season is over and Ive worked out the picture thing again.

I think the Mods and Marc run a great site & do an excellent job moderating. Jellvis gives us updates on the membership all the time and guess what the membership is going up not down.. Some more info for you there were no threads started asking where you were over the last 3 years.
Many on here have argued over many things but always seen to be able to bury the hatchet and let things go, maybe its time for you to drop the ego and do the same..
Stop slamming a great site that you have not been part of for three years..
Merry Christmas ;-)

Gateholio
12-23-2017, 11:41 PM
Example of a female deer hunter thread from this October

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?140461-ncurrie-shot-a-great-deer&highlight=Ncurrie

And from the year before

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?130866-I-had-a-awesome-5-days-hunting

Those were just two I remembered, didn't see anything but congrats in them.

caddisguy
12-23-2017, 11:58 PM
And another recent one... really great post too. I'm all about the descriptive write-ups and this is a gooder

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?141558-New-Hunters-Paths-To-Success

Gateholio
12-24-2017, 12:08 AM
And another recent one... really great post too. I'm all about the descriptive write-ups and this is a gooder

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?141558-New-Hunters-Paths-To-Success.

Yes that was a great thread and she told a great story.

landphil
12-24-2017, 12:09 AM
One from 2015. You can thank Botophucket for the lack of a picture, but it was there at the time.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?123289-Wife-s-First-Kill-Tag-Soup-Off-the-Menu

Spy
12-24-2017, 12:11 AM

Yes that was a great thread and she told a great story.
X3 great story and pics & would you believe it great posts all congratulating the young lady ;-)

Mulehahn
12-24-2017, 12:31 AM

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?141558-New-Hunters-Paths-To-Success

Wow, that was a great thread! Can't believe I missed it.

I have to agree, I do not recall the comments Dana is referring to. But if they did or do happen every member on this site should make sure it is not tolerated.

LupieHunter
12-24-2017, 12:57 AM

The "female appreciation thread" is a prime example of sexism and inappropriate posts that should disappear from this site...

huntcoop
12-24-2017, 12:58 AM
Make posting pictures easier! Especially from mobile devices.

Spy
12-24-2017, 12:58 AM
Im sorry, but because you use butt hurt as an actual form of credential makes it inadmissible. Please use another forn of teenage literature.
Ok that was a bit teenagerish for this mature forum maybe these would describe it better for you, sorry for the confusion ;-)
Sore, Insulted,offended,dejected,incensed,disgruntled,ch ided,chapped,pissed,bummed or hemorrhoidal

Jagermeister
12-24-2017, 01:03 AM
What say me.
Dana, I thought about you a few times since your self-imposed exile. However, that doesn't mean I missed you. Just like missing Jelvis, only I put him on my ignore list whereas you hadn't aspired to that "honor" as I liked your posts. I might touch on that a little later. So let's begin.

Honest question?
Define honest question.

How many are sick of certain bullies that mandate their opinions and have taken all the fun away from HBC?
If my memory serves me right, you were quite willing to dispense your opinions and sometimes in a belittling manner toward others. Would that not be deemed bullying as well? And I would ask, who are these bullies you refer to that mandate their opinions. We are all free to express our opinions and sometimes we cross a fine line that brings the hammer down, I know, I have been there once or twice.

Do you want to see real hunting and outdoor photos again and have real hunting stories again?
Of course we all like a good read with photos to supplement the text. There is nothing that prevents that today from actually happening. Your free to post your stories just as everyone else is, nothing to hold you back except your own fear.

Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow?
And what of this "dribble the bullies allow" that you allude to? Spell it out, I would like to know what this "dribble" what you perceive it to be. Let's define that beyond just insinuation.

This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that.
This is a two part statement, actually, it's three parts. Let's start with the back part from "left because of that". Mind enlightening us in what "that" is, rather oblique. And while we're at it, "very divisive crew", who are these people, your accusation are very in-explicit and evasive?
Let me digress from this for a moment and talk about you, or the little I know of you. You were raised in the North Thompson, Clearwater to be more precise, right? Your grandparents probably came to area by rail as highways didn't exist before the '60s (I know because I was offered a job on a roadbuilding crew and the only way in was by train). Your grandparents were pioneer stock for the area. And what did pioneers do for leisure time when they could afford it, why they hiked up mountains so they could view the vistas that they missed on the prairies. And some even built cabins to be used by future family generations. As a result, you tagged along to the outdoors because you didn't have TV or the other vices of those in the bright lights to the south. You're employed in forestry, particularly timber cruising and some surveying. So what am I getting at? Well Dana, you have lived the utopia that the large majority of those that frequent this forum can only dream and wish for. There are 21,225 members listed for this forum. I highly doubt that 10% of the 21,225 have accomplished what you have, no, probably less than 1% could accomplish that. Most are employed in sectors that do not give the ability to scout while at work, a rather unique advantage you have granting you a highly probable rate of hunting success. You're quite aware of that of course. Which brings me to the other part of the statement, " a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up ". Just how many real good hunters are you talking about? I challenge you to name 0.05% of the total forum membership, that would be about 106 real good hunters that packed up.
Do you long for the days before that take over? Here is what I am thinking. Time to get all those hunters that left this site back. Time to make this site great And time to send the bullies and the trolls packing. I have been very busy the last 3 years. I have personally taken thousands of photos on my adventures over that timeframe. And unless you have followed my IG, you probably haven't seen many of them, as I have stayed far away from so-called hunting boards. Especially ones with a lot of trolling and bullying. Now, if the mods want to heavily moderate and nuke everything I say because they happen to be personal friends with some of the bullies, i will take my photos and create my own website. I have a solid base of 12 Thousand hunters and outdoorsmen and outdoorswoman that follow my IG. Many of those would be happy to join a whole new 'positive' hunting site. As an example, how many hunteress' do you have that frequent this site? Why not many? Could it have something to do with the sexism that this site promotes? In the day and age of Me Too, I am tempted to show the authorities certain member posts from over the years and out them on a Me Too campaign. These same members are the bullies that control the division of this site. Who thinks they need to go before this site can get back to being a hunting site again? No sweat off my back what you want. I can go and play in a different sandbox. But you won't have those good hunter dialogue that used to be here because other hunters will not come back until the bullies are dealt with. What say you?
In summation. Your 12 thousand Instagram followers are just not cutting it for you are they? After all, what demographic make up the vast majority on Instagram? And really, how many really hunt and fish? You have taken thousands of photos of your adventures over the past three years and have refrained from posting them to "so called hunting boards". Why is that? Is it because you have been seen as someone that likes to have their ego stroked and it just wasn't happening? I would say to you that giving what you want and what you are going to get are not going to happen here. There are other elements at play for the hunters of BC, be they resident or guided. The Utopian hunting forays that you have lived are soon going to be in the past if this forum should solely acquiesce to your desire to solely post hunting "epics" such as yours. If this does not bode well with you, then by all means, create your own "castle". Gather up your 12G IG followers and move on.
You see Dana, we all have made mistakes. I bet that if Werner and Ellis could find a time machine to revert back 5 or 6 years at least, they would be on it. The future does not bode well for their interests. Nor does the future bode well for the resident hunter. And it all boils down to selfishness on one part or another, be it guides, resident hunters of one region complaining about the harvest rate of resident hunters "invading" from elsewhere. You get the idea? This forum serves as a method of getting the message out. Hopefully the membership will achieve cohesiveness to act in unison and to limit the bickering that the antis and government yokels use against us. As Pogo was said to have said, "We have met the enemy and he is us".

Spy
12-24-2017, 01:06 AM
The "female appreciation thread" is a prime example of sexism and inappropriate posts that should disappear from this site...

There is a male appreciation thread on HBC started by the ladies on HBC. I will admit Im a man and love looking at beautiful woman I think that is totally natural if you are human thats how we were wired.. I think it might not be politically correct in todays times but I don't follow that snowflake sheep mentality.. Like Rug Dr said in an earlier post if you don't like or enjoy a thread nobody is forcing you to click on it and open it.

Elkhound
12-24-2017, 01:29 AM
I just love how when threads don't go someone's way the mods always get blamed.

People say they don't post anymore but want to see more hunting related posts.
Guess what. If you have some great stories and don't post then you are partly to blame for the lack of hunting content.
The admins and mods all have full time jobs and don't have time to babysit thousands of people crying.

But you are right. We are sick and tired of the crap that people try and get away with as well.
It's almost comical. We run a tight ship and all I get are PMs complaining we are mod nazis
If we let it go the other PMs are complaining that we let a member insult them or call them names or even use their real name on the site. We can't win.

I also agree it would be nice if it was easier to post pics

Bugle M In
12-24-2017, 01:46 AM
I've got to ask this....
when the admins give a "time out", do the people getting the "penalty" get "informed that they have been penalized"??
I guess the same question applies if one gets completely banned???

Just curious.....every time I have come on here...it works....lol....

Spy
12-24-2017, 01:51 AM
I've got to ask this....
when the admins give a "time out", do the people getting the "penalty" get "informed that they have been penalized"??
I guess the same question applies if one gets completely banned???

Just curious.....every time I have come on here...it works....lol....
Yes you receive an infraction and they let you know why ;-)

decker9
12-24-2017, 06:52 AM
Iv never really noticed any bullying going on in here, but like a few others have said, I don’t even open the political posts, they give me a headache. Personally, I can’t be bullied by a key board warrior, I have thick skin I guess. In general, if it’s not hunting, guns, or gear related, I skip right on past. I have noticed those kind of post being farther apart ever since the photo sharing got messed up on here, Iv kinda quit posting storys/photos myself since that happen, a story isn’t the same without photos. I’m new to IG, but so far, I’m loving it. I tend to spend more time on there then here lately.

On that note, Iv always enjoyed your photos Dana, and would defiantly like to follow your photos on IG, if I knew how to find you lol.

Have a great Christmas HBC.

Chopper
12-24-2017, 07:09 AM
There is open chat for a reason, If you dont like open chat ... stay in the hunting forum.

I like HBC just the way it is, Its a great community ... This is thread is a troll.

blacklab
12-24-2017, 08:11 AM
Dana, I think you're going to find not much has changed on this site.
I've noticed the band leader hasn't commented on this thread, he just lets his choirboys sing.

quadrakid
12-24-2017, 08:13 AM
the problem is all the crap has crawled from the open chat into the hunting forums. People don,t post because they attacked for whatever reason. if you think this site is fine as it is then you may be part of the perceived problem.As opposed to a troll which we see far too much of , this thread looks like one man,who is an actual hunter trying to revive a site into what it once was. A place to share hunting stories and info and generally bond as a commmunity of like minded individuals as opposed to a bunch of whining snivelling keyboard jockeys.

hoochie
12-24-2017, 10:19 AM
I have been reading several posts about the decline of animal numbers, and I have been reading the various opinions. I want to hear others' opinions and views. If people disagree on the root cause, I see this as being a discussion.
I have also read posts where people ask if its ok to tamper with trail cams of other hunters etc. I think the opinions expressed in response to be important.
I must not have read the things being labelled as bullying.

dana
12-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Dana, I think you're going to find not much has changed on this site.
I've noticed the band leader hasn't commented on this thread, he just lets his choirboys sing.
It only takes a cocky little $hit to open his mouth and it is easy to see things haven't changed. The band leader is reading though. He's probably making a list just like I am. Hahaha!

goatdancer
12-24-2017, 10:34 AM
We do have a few that try to "convert" others to their way of thinking. Easy solution - ignore them.
This site requires a thick skin.

Spy
12-24-2017, 10:39 AM
It only takes a cocky little $hit to open his mouth and it is easy to see things haven't changed. The band leader is reading though. He's probably making a list just like I am. Hahaha!
I see you have not changed you are still vindictive & just as "cocky", try burying the hatchet and letting things go,life goes on and people get on. We are all allowed our own opinions, does not make anyone "more" right than the other..
I joined this sight because of all the great threads you used to post on mule deer and respect you & your hunting skills and passion.

dana
12-24-2017, 10:48 AM
I see you have not changed you are still vindictive & just as "cocky", try burying the hatchet and letting things go,life goes on and people get on. We are all allowed our own opinions, does not make anyone "more" right than the other..
I joined this sight because of all the great threads you used to post on mule deer and respect you & your hunting skills and passion.
Hahaha, the internet persona I created still lives on. Many over the years got it. Many more never did. Hahaha.

180grainer
12-24-2017, 10:54 AM
the problem is all the crap has crawled from the open chat into the hunting forums. Don't agree with this at all, but of course the way QK has set up the statement, I must be part of the problem then People don,t post because they attacked for whatever reason. People don't post for a number of reasons. The main culprit is the difficulty in posting pictures. That has been lamented on time and time and time again by numerous posters and on various forums. if you think this site is fine as it is then you may be part of the perceived problem.As opposed to a troll which we see far too much of , this thread looks like one man,who is an actual hunter trying to revive a site into what it once was. I'm not sure what his motives are and perhaps they're admirable. But what stood out to me initially was the carrot of three years of pictures will be posted if the Mod's clean up the site. It's a type of bully behavior in and of itself. I'm sure everyone would love to see the pictures as the guy definitely has some good ones. But do you really want them that bad when he's clearly trying to dictate how this site should be run "in his mind". A place to share hunting stories and info and generally bond as a commmunity of like minded individuals as opposed to a bunch of whining snivelling keyboard jockeys.
.................................................. ................................

Big Lew
12-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Well, "dana", I've very much enjoyed the pictures you've been kind enough to share with us,
and I've told you so, but we have differences in other hunting objectives. That in my mind
doesn't make either you or me right...only different. Although I'm basically a meat hunter, I see
absolutely nothing wrong with a hunter holding off on average sized game in his zest for "the big one."
As for getting involved with heated discussions, I try to stay away. As for chatting about non
hunting issues, be it questions, advise, or sharing experiences, I see nothing wrong with it provided
it remains respective and is in the open chat thread and out of the specific hunting related threads.
I also don't post pictures because of the frustration in doing so.

180grainer
12-24-2017, 11:14 AM
Hahaha, the internet persona I created still lives on. Hahaha.

So let me get this straight. When someone said something you didn't like or in a manner you didn't like, they were sexist or a bully or whatever category fit in your mind. But when you said something someone didn't like or in a manner someone didn't like, it was on the account it was based on a persona you created for the internet or this site....or both........Do I have this right?

albravo2
12-24-2017, 11:14 AM
There is a male appreciation thread on HBC started by the ladies on HBC. I will admit Im a man and love looking at beautiful woman I think that is totally natural if you are human thats how we were wired.. I think it might not be politically correct in todays times but I don't follow that snowflake sheep mentality.. Like Rug Dr said in an earlier post if you don't like or enjoy a thread nobody is forcing you to click on it and open it.

Sage words Spy. Merry Christmas!

albravo2
12-24-2017, 11:25 AM
Since everybody likes the sound their own keyboard makes, I'll post my opinions too.

I try and not say something on the internet that I wouldn't say around a campfire. There is a way to disagree with people without being disrespectful.

I disagree with 90% of what Spy says but would love to share a beer and a fire with him.

I think the mods do a FANTASTIC job of herding the cats and running the daycare around here. It would be nice if it was easier to post pictures, but if I was the guy running this site I'd think long and hard about spending money or time to add a feature. I'd sooner be outside myself. Maybe Marc could post up that he is looking for a volunteer with tech experience to run an upgrade?

M.Dean
12-24-2017, 11:25 AM
Way I see it not everyone on this site is a "Trophy Hunter". This site is called Hunt B.C., not Hunt Monster Mulies or Big Buck B.C. A monster buck to most guys on here is a big fat 2x3, not a 185 stinking late season rutt'in buck. Most guys on here can't spend 20 or 30 days chasing a huge buck they named from years gone by, when they see a decent animal with horns, they shoot it and in the freezer it go's. At the end of there hunting trip, if they didn't score they don't start throwing there gear around, kick everything in site and blame there hunting partners, other hunters, the weather and everything else but them selves! Sure most guys love the sport of hunting, but they don't let it consume them to such a point where there losing good friends and family over the fact you didn't get the monster buck you've been having wet dreams about! I love it when I see some idiot on the golf course screaming and yelling and bending his Taylor Mades around a tree cuz he missed a shot! Same with some hunters, if you can't go out and enjoy the outdoors and have a great time chasing animals around, maybe take up golf! The best way to keep from being "Bullied" on any site is simply not to read the article, no? Don't like someone on here, put them on your "Ignore" list, no? With this many members there's has to be the loud mouth few, the ones that seem to find fault in everything no matter how small of a deal it is, and as the sun starts to set and the bottles start to open, it get's even louder! But this is the Internet, what do you expect? The best way to stop a bully is quit reading his bulling garbage, no? And a "Merry Christmas" to all!

Spy
12-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Since everybody likes the sound their own keyboard makes, I'll post my opinions too.

I try and not say something on the internet that I wouldn't say around a campfire. There is a way to disagree with people without being disrespectful.

I disagree with 90% of what Spy says but would love to share a beer and a fire with him.

I think the mods do a FANTASTIC job of herding the cats and running the daycare around here. It would be nice if it was easier to post pictures, but if I was the guy running this site I'd think long and hard about spending money or time to add a feature. I'd sooner be outside myself. Maybe Marc could post up that he is looking for a volunteer with tech experience to run an upgrade?

Right back at you buddy that day will come, if you ever find yourself on the Island please drop me a line & I will do my best to get you out hunting, then we can enjoy that beer or 3 around the fire..
Merry Christmas :-)

HarryToolips
12-24-2017, 11:57 AM
I agree for the most part, but people have a right to free speech, I just suggest that some of these 'bullies' choose their words a little more wisely, and don't come across as such ass-hats...A lot of these 'bullies' are also very pro Provincial Liberal - government, and have educated a lot of people in a positive way for our future hunting rights, as in letting people know that they shouldn't be voting NDP or Green if we want to keep hunting and want our children to hunt..

HarryToolips
12-24-2017, 12:00 PM
whats a IG ?
Sure, some of the non wilderness related threads can be silly, but I think a lot of the political threads are important, and educate a lot of people in a positive way, including myself...IMO many of the other threads such as sasquatch, as long as they're wilderness or wildlife related, are good for this site...

mpotzold
12-24-2017, 12:02 PM
So according to you this site promotes sexism! GIVE ME A BREAK!

Here's an example of HBC's treatment of new members be they female or male.
See POST #89
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?123165-BC-Extreme-Huntress-2016/page8&highlight=lady+competition

I love this post !! Thank you. to be honest I cant stand when people say fisherwomen or fisher, I honestly dont like the term Huntress either, we are all hunters it is not a name only given to men it is a generic term given to all people male or female who spend their time harvesting animals. :smile:

Thank you for that link .. i have read it and found it very interesting.

http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by mpotzold http://huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1718630#post1718630)
Welcome to HBC!
You’ve got my vote & GOOD LUCK!

By the sounds of it you’re one of us-a genuine hunter. Having a guide/outfitter dad certainly helps.
More & more women are getting involved in hunting. You’re definitely an inspiration to other women!

On our last hunting trip, Eve(also a hunter) & I met a lady hunter from BC . She excels in archery both in hunting & competition. A short time ago she killed a grizzly with an arrow. On this hunting trip she was using a rifle for deer. She no doubt has been an avid hunter for some time. An instantly likeable person & a life of the party.

My regular hunting partner LT (LOVER 308 ) since 1967 always said that it must be the Neanderthal in us that makes us want to hunt.

BTW good on you in using Fisherman instead of that dreaded so called politically correct word fisher/s.
Fisher is an animal!

Interesting!
http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2014/11/20/7-female-celebrities-didnt-know-hunters/ (http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2014/11/20/7-female-celebrities-didnt-know-hunters/)

gcreek
12-24-2017, 01:43 PM

Nothing says I'm not sexist like a 50's plus man ogling someone's 20 something daughter. Not that I don't look but it seems this isn't the site for it.

Wild one
12-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Only one that the HBC can do to help bring more hunting related posts is make pics easier to post

Outside of that it is the members who will make the forum what it is. Many of the old members experienced members are gone who used to help with advice. There is a larger % of rookie or hunters with limited experience then the past. There is nothing wrong with this but there was more experienced knowledge that was available in the past.

There still is some very knowledgeable members here and some very helpful advice passed along but not what there was in the past.

Some who were here or still are hold knowledge on some species beyond what most understand. This kind of knowledge being passed along was what helped originally built this forum

Saskhunter
12-24-2017, 02:48 PM
I wasn't going to post anything here because I'm not going to read all 13 pages of this nonsense but I feel I have to chime in. This is just my 2 cents so I understand It's not worth much but here goes. It seems the easy solution is a revamp of the website. Create different forums. Have one specifically for "HUNTING" whether thats archery, firearm, muzzleloader or what ever. Just hunting. Seems most of us that actually are on here as hunters probably do all that or at least parts of it and are interested in all of it. Have a section for the open discussion, the people on here that call themselves hunters but, in my best guess never see the outdoors, can discuss what ever they want. I find this site to be very little about hunting and more of facebook type of thingy, I bet very few people on here are actual head to the woods type of hunters. Dont get me wrong, some are and thats what I am interested in. But I have asked legit hunting questions on here in the past and get very little response, yet a question like this responds 13 pages. Take this crap someplace else. So thanks Dana for bringing this up, I dont know you and am sure I never will but I think something needed to be said. Again my 2 cents so take it for what ever it is, and if that pisses you off I really dont care.

Spy
12-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Nothing says I'm not sexist like a 50's plus man ogling someone's 20 something daughter. Not that I don't look but it seems this isn't the site for it.
Ok lets have a vote to shut down the female appreciation thread, and see how that goes... while we are at it shut down open chat and everything else that offends one or two members! My guess is you would have a mass migration away from HBC. You can't make everyone happy there will always be those that find fault with everything. But everyone has the option to click on a thread or not its up to the member behind the keyboard what they want to view or not.
I find it laughable when members complain about threads nobody is forcing them to click on, the stupidity boggles the mind..
Don't like the female appreciation thread then don't open it don't like political threads, then don't click on them its a pretty simple concept that many don't seem to get...

Danny_29
12-24-2017, 03:04 PM
**** it start a new site. One that bans people for the garbage they spew.

TexasWalker
12-24-2017, 03:05 PM
Im not going to laugh, Im not going to laugh, Im not going to laugh....Bahahahaha.......oh shit gotta go guys, my wife wants to know what Im laughing about !!!!

Hahaha it's the truth though right!!
Sure there are some genuine female hunters but most are just an image.
My wife hates all that shit and she's better at field dressing than most guys I hunt with, she doesn't claim to he an extreme huntress either!

HarryToolips
12-24-2017, 03:16 PM
Ok lets have a vote to shut down the female appreciation thread, and see how that goes... while we are at it shut down open chat and everything else that offends one or two members! My guess is you would have a mass migration away from HBC. You can't make everyone happy there will always be those that find fault with everything. But everyone has the option to click on a thread or not its up to the member behind the keyboard what they want to view or not.
I find it laughable when members complain about threads nobody is forcing them to click on, the stupidity boggles the mind..
Don't like the female appreciation thread then don't open it don't like political threads, then don't click on them its a pretty simple concept that many don't seem to get...
Agree"..............

KingB
12-24-2017, 03:21 PM

April 1st, but I have found the bears are not really out and about until May 1st.

ACE
12-24-2017, 04:07 PM
Good site .....
Just make it easy to post photos ....
I suspect that many folks aren't 'computer friendly' and find it very frustrating trying to share photos here.
Please streamline this function to make it easier.
Merry Christmas!
* I'd share a coffee with you too Spy ...... :mrgreen:

KingB
12-24-2017, 04:31 PM
Yes there is some bullying that happens on this site but I have noticed that usually other members quickly come out against the bully's posts, which is great. If anyone wants to see a really f*cked up forum go look at GOC (Gun Owners of Canada). After a short time on that forum I came to the conclusion that either:

1. the site was run by the anti-gun lobby pretending to be idiot shooters and hunters as a means to discredit gun owners
2. the site really is run by a group of idiot gun owners that do a great disservice to responsible gun owners

Hunting BC as a forum is pretty good. Let's all keep calling out the few that do participate in bullying. And, yes the pic posting options really suck. I will keep trying to figure it out though.

dana
12-24-2017, 04:48 PM
Ding ding ding!!! That didn't take long now did it. Baited, then hook, line and sinker!!! Hahaha! You guys are truly entertaining if nothing else. Hahaha! Oh yea, Merry Christmas everyone!!! Even to the guys that are pissed to see me back.

scoutlt1
12-24-2017, 04:58 PM
Ding ding ding!!! That didn't take long now did it. Baited, then hook, line and sinker!!! Hahaha! You guys are truly entertaining if nothing else. Hahaha! Oh yea, Merry Christmas everyone!!! Even to the guys that are pissed to see me back.

Before your edit, I was curious if your response was directed at me. I hope it wasn't.

Either way, Merry Christmas to all on here!

dana
12-24-2017, 05:02 PM
Before your edit, I was curious if your response was directed at me. I hope it wasn't.

Either way, Merry Christmas to all on here!

Not to you but to the texas dude that just thrashed woman hunters. An obvious piece of work was all I was saying.

rocksteady
12-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Personally I'm sick of female hunters acting the part, 90% of these broads are fake.
All claiming to be an "extreme huntress" lol
I guess riding shotgun in your boyfriends diesel, wearing pink camo and putting Browning Buckmark stickers on things makes one an extreme huntress.
Always show up to make posts when they need votes for some stupid contest.
Spare me the crap please.

We all started out riding shotgun...

scoutlt1
12-24-2017, 05:07 PM
Not to you but to the texas dude that just thrashed woman hunters. An obvious piece of work was all I was saying.

Got it thanks...

REMINGTON JIM
12-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Alright Where the Hell is FD :shock: Pat will have answers ! :lol: lol RJ

Stone Sheep Steve
12-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Wow, that's pretty harsh! I wear a pink hat but I carry a big gun.....I consider myself a hunter and don't like being lumped into a group that you consider "fake"!

Pay no attention to TW. He's a grumpy as they come.

gcreek
12-24-2017, 05:52 PM

Did I hit a nerve? I wasn't the one crowing about parts of HBC not being sexist.

If being objective is above your comprehension I feel for you.

gcreek
12-24-2017, 05:55 PM
Yes there is some bullying that happens on this site but I have noticed that usually other members quickly come out against the bully's posts, which is great. If anyone wants to see a really f*cked up forum go look at GOC (Gun Owners of Canada). After a short time on that forum I came to the conclusion that either:

1. the site was run by the anti-gun lobby pretending to be idiot shooters and hunters as a means to discredit gun owners
2. the site really is run by a group of idiot gun owners that do a great disservice to responsible gun owners

Hunting BC as a forum is pretty good. Let's all keep calling out the few that do participate in bullying. And, yes the pic posting options really suck. I will keep trying to figure it out though.

Well said, as was your previous post.

Spy
12-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Did I hit a nerve? I wasn't the one crowing about parts of HBC not being sexist.

If being objective is above your comprehension I feel for you.
Lol not at all lots of sarcasm in there & honesty maybe not enough smiley wink'ee emojis ;-)

Stone Sheep Steve
12-24-2017, 09:01 PM
SSS, He must have changed his tune recently because he was the one that wanted the Liberals to pay the most and slammed each and every hunter that disagreed with him. How many have left this site because of ol'Paddycake attacking them. Yup, he really is a Hunter Recruitment genius ain't he? I am more than willing to work with people who can own up to their mistakes and own what they said and make things right. But Paddycake doesn't have it in him. He is right and everyelse is wrong. He is and always has been an internet bully and for this site to move on, the internet bullies have to go!

Firstly- FD and I have different styles of communication (like a lot of HBC members). I think that's pretty obvious.

If you think that FD has ever supported the NDP or Greens then I think you have an issue with comprehension. NO ONE on HBC has ever been more out-spoken against those two than FD. Just ask any of our resident HBC NDP supporters and they will tell you.

I went back and re-read the last thread that you posted on before you packed up your toys and left the sandbox(..for the 3rd or fourth time?).

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?116155-Allocation-how-did-it-affect-where-you-hunt

If you think the purpose of the allocation rallies was to convince people to vote NDP or Greens, then you missed the entire message. The purpose was to let our former government know that the vast majority of resident hunters in BC were not happy with the splits the government announced.

The BCWF was and still is a non-partisan organization. They tell their members to engage their elected officials (or people in the running to be our elected officials) on issues that are important to its members.....wildlife funding, proper time-wise studies and inventories etc.

One of your first posts on your return to HBC was to announce that wildlife in BC is in big, big trouble (no one is disagreeing with you on that one). Then you go onto bash GG saying he is siding with Raincoast and the other antis.
Most of the things he posts on FB and Twitter are about things that adversely affect wildlife and fish populations. Most of us here on HBC support responsible natural resource extraction but to blindly support all forms natural resource extraction uses is irresponsible.

Let's take site C for example (which was a very divided topic of debate here on HBC). Yes, we need clean power but if you look at the track record of the dams in BC (Eg. Peace-Williston), you will find that wildlife populations have steadily gone downhill post-flooding by a substantial amount. The Fish and Wildlife Compensation programs set in place have been gutted over the years and have done very little (more like next to nothing) to restore wildlife numbers to pre-flooding years.

No one gets the big picture more than GG and that big picture is

1- funding
2-science

3-social support

Under our current govt, at best we may get and increase in funding, but don't ever count on gaining #3 as we just witnessed with the g bear issue.

How long until the next time you pack up your toys and leave?? Hmmmmmmm........

SSS

HarryToolips
12-24-2017, 09:46 PM
^^^1-3 is definitely correct....I think a few letters to the editor are in order to our local newspapers....

Salty
12-24-2017, 09:47 PM
Wow, that's pretty harsh! I wear a pink hat but I carry a big gun.....I consider myself a hunter and don't like being lumped into a group that you consider "fake"!

Don't pay any attention. Most of his posts these days are sophomoric attempts at shock and insult he's just looking for a rise as usual. Too bad actually he used to be funny a while back now he's just a troll.

HarryToolips
12-24-2017, 09:48 PM
Do you all not see that TexasWalker is just trying to stir the pot and get folks all mad...talk about hook line and sinker lol...

Boner
12-24-2017, 10:03 PM
Alright Where the Hell is FD :shock: Pat will have answers ! :lol: lol RJ

Nice to catch up with you on text the other week buddy, hopefully the fishing is good!

As for the thread, well I never saw the “HBC good old days”, it seems to be a revolving door of issues that turn up often. Thanks to the mods, I can only imagine some of the headaches they have to deal with on a daily basis.

I have to say, that the couple of handfuls of members that I have met in person have all been top notch guys. Hopefully I’ll meet a few choice more down the road.

Ferenc
12-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Yes the mods have a big job on their hands at times ... I do remember the site owner sayin he “Runs a kindergarten for hunters” and sometimes it’s that .... but I’m sure it will be good again .
And as for the quote I thought it was pretty funny... and Kyle seems to always pull out the old ones
Lol

Chopper
12-24-2017, 10:51 PM
I just read through this thread ... people reap what they sew. I havent seen many of the issues mentions in a few years.

I would lock this positivity black hole in a NY minute

Steeleco
12-24-2017, 11:08 PM
TexasWalker is now on a 7 day Xmas vacation. Anyone else want family time?
My daughter comes here as do many other members wives and daughters.
For the rest of the membership. IF you see something that isn't right and needs attention use the report a post tab, little triangle in the bottom left corner of post box. There's only a few of us mods and even less admin. IF the membership wants the site of old back we are going to need your help. We can't and don't read every thread or every post. We too have lives!!

twoSevenO
12-24-2017, 11:36 PM
To be honest I've never even noticed the little triangle. Will make use of it from now on for sure.

Gateholio
12-25-2017, 12:09 AM
Firstly- FD and I have different styles of communication (like a lot of HBC members). I think that's pretty obvious.

If you think that FD has ever supported the NDP or Greens then I think you have an issue with comprehension. NO ONE on HBC has ever been more out-spoken against those two than FD. Just ask any of our resident HBC NDP supporters and they will tell you.

I went back and re-read the last thread that you posted on before you packed up your toys and left the sandbox(..for the 3rd or fourth time?).

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?116155-Allocation-how-did-it-affect-where-you-hunt

If you think the purpose of the allocation rallies was to convince people to vote NDP or Greens, then you missed the entire message. The purpose was to let our former government know that the vast majority of majority of resident hunters in BC were not happy with the splits the government announced.

The BCWF was and still is a non-partisan organization. They tell their members to engage their elected officials (or people in the running to be our elected officials) on issues that are important to its members.....wildlife funding, proper time-wise studies and inventories etc.

One of your first posts on your return to HBC was to announce that wildlife in BC is in big, big trouble (no one is disagreeing with you on that one). Then you go onto bash GG saying he is siding with Raincoast and the other antis.
Most of the things he posts on FB and Twitter are about things that adversely affect wildlife and fish populations. Most of us here on HBC support responsible natural resource extraction. To blindly support all forms natural resource extraction uses is irresponsible.

Let's take site C for example (which was a very divided topic of debate here on HBC). Yes, we need clean power but if you look at the track record of the dams in BC (Eg. Peace-Williston), you will find that wildlife populations have steadily gone downhill post-flooding by a substantial amount. The Fish and Wildlife Compensation programs set in place have been gutted over the years and have done very little (more like next to nothing) to restore wildlife numbers to pre-flooding years.

No one gets the big picture more than GG and that big picture is

1- funding
2-science

3-social support

Under our current govt, at best we may get and increase in funding, but don't ever count on gaining #3 as we just witnessed with the g bear issue.

How long until the next time you pack up your toys and leave?? Hmmmmmmm........

SSS

Hmmm....an educated, well articulated post, using paragraphs and absent of drama....Hmm, could we be on to something here?

Gateholio
12-25-2017, 12:14 AM
To be honest I've never even noticed the little triangle. Will make use of it from now on for sure.

It's a good tool, as long as people understand the purpose of it is an "Alert" and not a "demand" so mods will look at something and may or may not take action. And people that use it too often may get ignored.

People should also understand that they reap what they sow. If you go in hard then object to a hard response, don't expect the HBC administration to bail you out.

Conversing like an adult isn't that difficult, really

Billybird
12-25-2017, 12:17 AM
Some light evening reading. ... nobody really knows me and I like it that way, and those that do know where I stand. This group is supposed to be about like minded people , and all you seem to do is slam and bitch about stupid shit. If we want things to change then we must start thinking colectively ,constantly at odds within our groups will accomplish nothing! The constant bullshit needs to end,! A special thanks to Elkhound and Steeleco for their work with this forum. Merry Christmas to everyone.

emerson
12-25-2017, 12:33 AM
What turns me off the most is constantly seeing obvious antis posting inflammatory crap in almost every thread. If I wanted that condescending condemnation I would find some liberal arts students to hang out with. Life is too short fir me to wade through that crap. I post very little info because I have watch those who do get torn apart by Island Wanderor, Jassimine et al.

caddisguy
12-25-2017, 03:36 AM
Merry Christmas to all my HBC friends. Thank you all for another fine year. Welcome back Dana and welcome anyone just lurking. I really appreciate all of you, from weather and road reports to people who have stumbled across my camps or bumped into me. HBC is a wonderful community. Met so many good people along the way. There should really be HBC hats and decals... I'd rock that kind of gear. Just wanted to say thank you and make a toast to wildlife and conservation.

Merry Christmas.

Islander30
12-25-2017, 03:41 AM
TexasWalker is now on a 7 day Xmas vacation. Anyone else want family time?
My daughter comes here as do many other members wives and daughters.
For the rest of the membership. IF you see something that isn't right and needs attention use the report a post tab, little triangle in the bottom left corner of post box. There's only a few of us mods and even less admin. IF the membership wants the site of old back we are going to need your help. We can't and don't read every thread or every post. We too have lives!!

I apoligize for laughing at what he said. He often has a very off colour sense of humour and I didnt think he was being serious.

Big Lew
12-25-2017, 08:05 AM
Merry Christmas to all my HBC friends. Thank you all for another fine year. Welcome back Dana and welcome anyone just lurking. I really appreciate all of you, from weather and road reports to people who have stumbled across my camps or bumped into me. HBC is a wonderful community. Met so many good people along the way. There should really be HBC hats and decals... I'd rock that kind of gear. Just wanted to say thank you and make a toast to wildlife and conservation.

Merry Christmas.

I have a couple of HBC hats and other paraphernalia....I thought it was still available...anyone know?

browningboy
12-25-2017, 08:50 AM
Holy that was a waste of time reading... it’s pretty simple, read what you want, don’t fall into the baits... funny as people are so worried about stature behind a keyboard, but in real life they don’t amount to anything special, sure everyone has certain talents but does anyone truly care? Like Dana says he has 12 thousand followers, no offence to Dana but it don’t mean anything, just another keyboard stature. Welcome back Dana! Your stories were missed.
Anyhow the thing killing this site by death of a thousand cuts, POSTING PICS! I can put ads on Craigslist,Facebook, post in other forums with pics by simply inserting pic, magic is one step, no seperate accounts, resizing, then importing etc...
It’s 2018 pretty well, the picture thing here is 10 years plus old, someone do the site a favour and bring it up to speed! One click!

Clint_S
12-25-2017, 09:58 AM
I need to get a "make HBC great again" hat. This site is what the mods and members make it. To think that you won't have differing opinions and have to deal with assholes is pretty naive. This is just a snapshot of the world as a whole, you know, the place where fellow hunter's steal your cams, quads and bikes drive past you, sit in your stand etc. Deal with it or stay home. There will also be like minded people who may become friends.
A post without pics is nothing in this day and age and I reiterate what has been stated multiple times in this thread, if posting pics is painful or impossible it isn't getting posted.
Improve that and the site will be a better place.

rocksteady
12-25-2017, 03:06 PM
I want this site to be a place where hunters can celebrate their successes... stories and pics of their harvests without being criticized.. "what a dink buck," "would have been nice in a year or two" "Why you shoot does?"

Open, honest support for the hunting community we ate, not a bunch of keyboard warriors calling each other down..

End of rant

Most won't post pics in fear of being harmed on..

Wild one
12-25-2017, 03:20 PM
I want this site to be a place where hunters can celebrate their successes... stories and pics of their harvests without being criticized.. "what a dink buck," "would have been nice in a year or two" "Why you shoot does?"

Open, honest support for the hunting community we ate, not a bunch of keyboard warriors calling each other down..

End of rant

Most won't post pics in fear of being harmed on..

I would say a lot of the negativity on what guys posted for animals ended years back. Some might be holding back because of past negativity but think mostly it’s the pain of posting pics is the issue

Just making it easier to post pics I think would make a big difference

280 77
12-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Agree . In the past many hunters have been crucified . I like to hike/hunt but could care less how others go about it . We need to work together and stop being so self serving.
By the way good to see you back Dana , I've always enjoyed your photos and stories and have learnt a lot from you . Shot my best buck ever this year ( not as good as the trophies you've taken ) because i took your and a few others advice and passed over many legal bucks the last couple of seasons .

Surrey Boy
12-25-2017, 04:18 PM
The biggest threat to hunting in BC is politics. PETA, Indians, EnviroNazis. Promoting resident hunting means playing politics; hunting is a political issue.

Gun Control, Animal Rights, Indian Rights, Environmental Regulation, Access Freedom are all controlled by the Crown.

Elect Governments which benefit hunters!

Danny_29
12-25-2017, 04:23 PM
This thread basically proves Dana's point. This site serves people looking for hunting information but anybody that is interested in it would take a hike after reading some of the garbage, terrible community respect. Burn it down.

rocksteady
12-25-2017, 04:52 PM
It's not a pain to post pics... just a bit more effort..

Ferenc
12-25-2017, 05:29 PM
Rocksteady ..... show me a way with mobile devices ... I have no idea how to put some pics of a blacktail I took this year up in the Chilliwack Lake river valley... I have a iPhone 6s that I pack ... most people now use mobile devices ... always look forward to seeing your ice fishing pics ..they are pretty cool !!!!

IslandWanderer
12-25-2017, 05:45 PM
What turns me off the most is constantly seeing obvious antis posting inflammatory crap in almost every thread. If I wanted that condescending condemnation I would find some liberal arts students to hang out with. Life is too short fir me to wade through that crap. I post very little info because I have watch those who do get torn apart by Island Wanderor, Jassimine et al.

Posts ripped apart by IslandWanderer? Huh? That’s silly.

I probably spend more days hunting than lots of people on here.

Streamlining the posting of pictures would be great though.

I’d wish you all a merry Xmas, but I don’t observe it.

rocksteady
12-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Rocksteady ..... show me a way with mobile devices ... I have no idea how to put some pics of a blacktail I took this year up in the Chilliwack Lake river valley... I have a iPhone 6s that I pack ... most people now use mobile devices ... always look forward to seeing your ice fishing pics ..they are pretty cool !!!!

I upload mine to imgur... cut and paste into the thread... Not saying I am a techno weenie.. . But if I can figure it out so can everyone else

Ohwildwon
12-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Yea, and a convert from the NDP apparently! :razz:

Merry Christmas!

IslandWanderer
12-25-2017, 05:58 PM
Yea, and a convert from the NDP apparently! :razz:

Merry Christmas!

I’m unhappy with the NDP and Greens, so will probably vote Liberal in protest next election.

Merry Xmas to you as well!

happyhunter
12-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Posts ripped apart by IslandWanderer? Huh? That’s silly.

I probably spend more days hunting than lots of people on here.

Streamlining the posting of pictures would be great though.

I’d wish you all a merry Xmas, but I don’t observe it.

You applauded the NDP ban on grizzly hunting did you not? Maybe you do hunt but if you're happy about losing certain parts of our hunting heritage and you throw your fellow hunters under the bus then you might as well be an anti yourself. You know what they say, if you're not for us...

nature girl
12-25-2017, 07:23 PM
Dana nice to see you back. Totally always enjoyed your photos.
I think when someone posts something like on a reply they should just think of what they wrote before they hit POST QUICK REPLY
I really don't know why not to many women are on this site. Maybe its because they work, raise a family don't think they need to brag that they are a hunter and kill animals.
Like for instance I don't like the politics on this site so simple I just don't read it.
I do like the open chat section for non related hunting stuff though.

MichelD
12-25-2017, 07:28 PM
Not touching this with a 10-foot pole.

IslandWanderer
12-25-2017, 07:41 PM
You applauded the NDP ban on grizzly hunting did you not? Maybe you do hunt but if you're happy about losing certain parts of our hunting heritage and you throw your fellow hunters under the bus then you might as well be an anti yourself. You know what they say, if you're not for us...

I was initially pleased with that policy, but later changed my mind. I would have preferred the addition of meat retention.

In my opinion, most hunters haven’t done a very good job of connecting with the non-hunters in our community.

Ron.C
12-25-2017, 08:04 PM
First off,

welcome back Dana. I often found myself agreeing with your point of view, and loved your photography. Not sure there is much that can be done about HBC, but I think everyone can do a little better job keeping it constructive and using the ignore button when something or someone rubs them the wrong way.

I would have preferred the addition of meat retention.

In my opinion, most hunters haven’t done a very good job of connecting with the non-hunters in our community.

I have to agree with you on that Islandwander on both these ponts

Jagermeister
12-25-2017, 08:09 PM
This thread basically proves Dana's point. This site serves people looking for hunting information but anybody that is interested in it would take a hike after reading some of the garbage, terrible community respect. Burn it down.
WOW! I don't suppose you read your trivial diatribe. Sixty-eight posts so it will be a short read for you to catch up.

rocksteady
12-25-2017, 08:28 PM
Backbto basics....

Hunting stories... hunting pics...

Political crap in the politics section. Not in each person's hunt story..

Look at the posts from the last few days with true hunting adventures... members ate it up like candy... that s where should be

gcreek
12-25-2017, 10:06 PM
Backbto basics....

Hunting stories... hunting pics...

Political crap in the politics section. Not in each person's hunt story..

Look at the posts from the last few days with true hunting adventures... members ate it up like candy... that s where should be

Will there be a special spot for Ranchers that argue with firebugs? Haha.

Merry Christmas Mike

twoSevenO
12-25-2017, 11:17 PM
How can someone who can't really partake in predator hunting help with predator hunting?

I live in the LM and insuring my rig and driving a few hrs just to hunt a couple of hours during these short winter days isn't really feasible ....

Educate me on what we have where a guy could donate of and know it's going to a predator control ?

Jagermeister
12-25-2017, 11:39 PM
I was going to let this go until you had your trash talk posted in bold below.
Honest question?
Define honest question.
And the answer is: An honest question is a question that no one knows the answer to.
Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow?
Still waiting for an answer, only the OP knows what he speaks of:
This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that.
I think that this " whole bunch of real good hunters" are just mythology, they don't really exist or perhaps they were the ones that were called out which eventually caught them in some wildlife infraction. Of course one could say, "They don't want to be revealed", which brings us back to mythology.
Hey fisher, look who is back? I think it is time you stop being an internet bully on this site. More are coming back to reclaim this site. I will give you the same mantra you gave me 3 years ago. You are either for us or you are against us. Time to pack your bags and take your leaf licking raincoast buddies with you or shape up, shut up and get with the program. You sit on your high horse and spout absolute bullshit everyday. You are nothing but a keyboard warrior who suddenly becomes bullet proof when you log on, which according to your history is pretty much all the time. I and the others on this site are sick and tired of all the bullies. You guys just got your asses handed to you and it is time for all of you to GO!!!
I know that Fisher-Dude is much more proactive in making a difference for the hunters and fishermen of this province that you by being involved in his local club, at the regional level and at the provincial level.
Speak of a keyboard warrior, look up from your keyboard into the mirror before you label others.
What exactly have you done for the betterment of some aspect of hunting, fishing or the environment?
Do you belong to your local Fish and Game Club?
Do you take an active role?
Do you support the BCWF?
And how about a hot link to your IG account? I would like to see your posting there or is it mythology like the whole bunch of real good hunters?
You go back to posting your hunting forays so your followers can make their nice little posts in reply and you get your ego stroke for the day.

Drillbit
12-26-2017, 12:24 AM
^There's 6-guns at noon if i've ever seen it.

I agree with Dana tho

I haven't had help, or learned anything from this site for years now, if ever. But, I'm willing to help newbs and the trolls are entertaining for me. (FD, IW....)

And for **** sakes. Make it easier to post pictures on HBC. Photobucket used to work, imgur used to work, flickr will do a link... If you build it, they will come.

webley
12-26-2017, 05:38 AM
I usually don't say much, I don't care to much about the bickering on here thats human nature. What I do care about is the photo-bucket BS I am sick to death of looking at a Time Clock I really do enjoy the stories and pictures.
I do agree with Drillbit,if you fix the picture thing I am sure you will get a lot more posting.I don't know a lot about computers but there is another site I am on and you can post pictures right from your computer and is very simple, even for an old fart like me. Steve!

gcreek
12-26-2017, 08:28 AM
How can someone who can't really partake in predator hunting help with predator hunting?

I live in the LM and insuring my rig and driving a few hrs just to hunt a couple of hours during these short winter days isn't really feasible ....

Educate me on what we have where a guy could donate of and know it's going to a predator control ?

Send money,:) I am paying a mitigator to remove wolves to maybe keep a few more of my cattle alive. I am also doing a big favor for the local moose and caribo population. 6 down as of this morning

Wild one
12-26-2017, 09:08 AM

Why not put effort into the predators close to home in region 2?

You target local black tails they would benefit from removing coyotes and so would waterfowl and grouse. Coyotes are a predator that is right there in your backyard. With how the bush is in region 2 it does not make it easy to hunt them but they are close and cost effective for you

You can carry bobcat/cougar tags and see if you get lucky well calling. There is actually good bobcat numbers in region 2

Being in the lower mainland may make targeting wolf tougher but you can still get out and target other predators

Just need to look at what is feasible for you. Odds are you would do more help for wildlife focusing on what you can do locally rather then try to travel to target Wolves. Easier to invest time in areas and more cost effective. Will also increase your success rate do to being able to invest more days out targeting predators

You also gain the benefit of gaining knowledge on your local deer from the added time out in the bush

Wild one
12-26-2017, 09:13 AM
If everyone focused on the small things they can do vs what is difficult to do it would add up fast

Something is better then nothing

MOWITCH SLAYER
12-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Yes im tired of the SELF APPOINTED HEROS

argyle1
12-26-2017, 09:37 AM
pardon my techological ignorance, but what is an" IG"? thanks

gcreek
12-26-2017, 09:44 AM
pardon my techological ignorance, but what is an" IG"? thanks

Thank you.

argyle1
12-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Sooo how many members did this site loose in 2014/2015 that never came back? Status quo is not going to unify hunters as a force that will topple the NDP. This site was indeed the unifying force to topple the Liberals. The only heavy moderation back then was if you didn't follow like a sheep to the slaughter you had everything you said deleted but if you were a sheep, you could slander as many honest hunters you wanted too with zero consquence.
thats the way I see it as well there were a lot of anti grizzly hunt posts on this site--the thin edge of the wedge---they will be partly responsible when we lose the rest of our hunting rights (yes-- RIGHTS)

Steeleco
12-26-2017, 09:51 AM
Gents. IG is Instagram. Something that other generation is familiar with!!

KingB
12-26-2017, 10:17 AM
Do you all not see that TexasWalker is just trying to stir the pot and get folks all mad...talk about hook line and sinker lol...

That's obvious, but why would anyone waste time reading crap just intended to get people mad?

limit time
12-26-2017, 10:34 AM
Not sure if I’m a bully or sexist but I can be a troll from time to time... but I agree with this post. Just recently I posted about jasmine and poof it was gone !? Not once did I break the the “rules” in my post.

I am sick of the people telling me how to hunt. ( don’t use crossbows... don’t use vehicles....god forbid if you road hunt...). Maybe I’m just a dumb ass and read your post wrong ? If so ? My bad .

Ketchika
12-26-2017, 11:16 AM
Anyone else here miss the old huntshoot forum..?

Deer_Slayer
12-26-2017, 11:19 AM
I like that idea. Nothing like posting something and getting bombarded with insults and arrogance. This is a hunting forum right?

Gateholio
12-26-2017, 11:37 AM
Anyone else here miss the old huntshoot forum..?

I miss the shout box feature it had....Mostly when Bartell would come home drunk and use it :)

BeastX
12-26-2017, 11:38 AM
I would love for this site to be about hunting again. There's something unexplainably special about hunting, and that's the magic that ties us hunters altogether. I'd love to see some healthy talk about hunting rather than political talk, bullying, attacking and threatening certain individuals. Many rules of this forum have been broken by many people and they deserve to be charged for their atrocious comments.

Ourea
12-26-2017, 12:22 PM
I would love for this site to be about hunting again. There's something unexplainably special about hunting, and that's the magic that ties us hunters altogether. I'd love to see some healthy talk about hunting rather than political talk, bullying, attacking and threatening certain individuals. Many rules of this forum have been broken by many people and they deserve to be charged for their atrocious comments.

BeastX, good comment.......but you have made 8 posts in 6 years?
I will say it again, forums like this come down to one thing.....CONTENT.

If you want HBC to have more focus and boast a wealth of hunting content.....well.....it doesn't happen by wanting the site to have more focus on hunting yet you only post once a year?

I am not pointing my finger at you but ........ making HBC better starts and ends with it's members and how much they contribute.

rocksteady
12-26-2017, 12:32 PM
Will there be a special spot for Ranchers that argue with firebugs? Haha.

Merry Christmas Mike

I think that would fall into the off topic section of open chat..

Merry Xmas to you too

steepNdeep
12-26-2017, 12:58 PM
Hey Steve, Good to see another familiar face around! It would be great to see more real hunting content on the site... Working in forestry, you are out there way more than most & it's always great to see & hear about your adventures!

I hear ya & I haven't been on this site much over the last ~decade. When I did look around, even in the peak of hunting season, the attitude feels like it's the offseason - in the middle of winter. Not many positive hunting stories & threads often degenerated into arguments. I got sucked into one of these slag fests by sticking up for my home boys who aren't on this site. It's tiring listening to the same preachers regurgitated rhetoric repeated...

I tried to walk the talk & it's been great to see some awesome hunts posted from the boys since: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?141335-A-few-PICS-from-this-year&highlight=pics

Sadly, I think the forum reflects the state of our wildlife resource these days. Ungulate populations are under pressure from all sides, & the explosion of the wolf population isn't helping. We need to find a way to get united, build government support to improve & protect our wildlife resource...

Spreading the stoke by sharing real hunting experiences is the best motivation!!

happyhunter
12-26-2017, 01:55 PM
I was initially pleased with that policy, but later changed my mind. I would have preferred the addition of meat retention.

Its good that you've changed your tune now that the elections over but the grizzly hunts gone now isn't it? Don't know if it will ever come back but I hope you will stand with us in the future.

As as for connecting with non-hunters... Yup I agree. But I also know that it's the portion of non-hunters that are anti-hunting in general that the NDP were pandering to with this ban. There's no connecting with those people, they are simply fantacitcs who won't listen to anything that doesn't suit their agenda.

Husky7mm
12-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Its good that you've changed your tune now that the elections over but the grizzly hunts gone now isn't it? Don't know if it will ever come back but I hope you will stand with us in the future.

As as for connecting with non-hunters... Yup I agree. But I also know that it's the portion of non-hunters that are anti-hunting in general that the NDP were pandering to with this ban. There's no connecting with those people, they are simply fantacitcs who won't listen to anything that doesn't suit their agenda.

Thats right, un pleasable fanatics againts ALL killing, once the grizzly are shut down, black bears and wolves will be next, folllowed by ungulates.... if they had success with that it would be on to beef, pork and chicken farming. Maybe ban fishing , after all fish are people too...

albravo2
12-26-2017, 06:15 PM
Hmmm....an educated, well articulated post, using paragraphs and absent of drama....Hmm, could we be on to something here?

Ok, that made me laugh. No sarcasm emoji needed.

Well said.

gcreek
12-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Thats right, un pleasable fanatics againts ALL killing, once the grizzly are shut down, black bears and wolves will be next, folllowed by ungulates.... if they had success with that it would be on to beef, pork and chicken farming. Maybe ban fishing , after all fish are people too...

That's Right! You can't talk to those people. They are as narrow minded as we are!:lol::lol:

deer nut
12-26-2017, 09:31 PM
I for one, loved seeing all the huge bucks you post Dana! More of that is welcome/ appropriate!

Big Lew
12-26-2017, 10:30 PM
This tread is getting to be a bit amusing when you notice there's now 12,447 views
and 21 pages which is remarkable considering it started out by complaining there's
too much chatter not directly related to hunting and pictures.;-)

dino
12-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Dana if your actually back? .........
Sincerely .
Welcome back!

dana
12-27-2017, 08:21 AM
Dana if your actually back? .........
Sincerely .
Welcome back!

Thanks dino!

HappyJack
12-27-2017, 03:39 PM
So who are all these so called bullies on here? So many questions. ;-)

just testing this picture stuff out....;-)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6681&stc=1http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6681&stc=1

sparkes3
12-27-2017, 08:20 PM
Dana glad to see you back.
i miss your awesome pics .
pretty sure I bought a little bundle of fur off you about 8 years ago.
sarge is still going strong loves chasing bears and he has a partner (Dixie)that goes with everywhere him.
i might have to join instagram to see your pics.
Whats your handle on there.

dino
12-27-2017, 08:48 PM
https://imgur.com/a/vHc2v
Does anyone see a tcam pic?
I'm trying to learn to post pics here.

twoSevenO
12-27-2017, 08:52 PM

Dino, when you have the image on the IMGUR website, do a right-click and "copy image address". Then paste that in the IMG tags as per my signature ;)

https://i.imgur.com/rfpdIjS.jpg (https://imgur.com/a/vHc2v)

https://i.imgur.com/rfpdIjS.jpg

Ourea
12-27-2017, 08:54 PM
If you right click on your image in Imgur you can then select " copy image ".
Go back to HBC and right click on your thread.....hit paste image.
You end up with your actual image shown opposed to a link.
More user friendly for viewers.

Nice right side on that buck by the way.

https://i.imgur.com/rfpdIjS.jpg

dino
12-27-2017, 09:08 PM
Im trying to do it with my phone. Can't seem to figure it out.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-27-2017, 09:11 PM

I cant figure out copy and pasting from my IPhone either.

Sweet buck!

twoSevenO
12-27-2017, 09:29 PM

doing it on the iphone is a little trickier. I had to install the "imgur" app on my phone but even then i don't do it often.

To be honest, i find that emailing the pic to myself, then opening my email on the computer makes things way easier than trying to do it off the phone.
Looks like the pic is already on your laptop anyways, so should be even more clear as it won't be a pic of a pic.

dino
12-27-2017, 09:39 PM
I took a pic of the computer at my cabin so no pics on computer here in Vancouver.
I do everything by phone any ways.

twoSevenO
12-27-2017, 09:45 PM
I took a pic of the computer at my cabin so no pics on computer here in Vancouver.
I do everything by phone any ways.

Must be a safe neighbourhood to just leave a laptop at the cabin and go home! lol.

i'll call you tomorrow and give you a couple of tips on the imgur thing. It's kind of a pain in the a$$ on mobile but very doable.

Outcast
12-27-2017, 10:18 PM
I signed up here to learn about hunting, ask questions and see what people are up to in the hunting world.

Spy
12-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Nice Elk Dino he will be great in a couple years ;-) imgur is great selct the link on the right hand side of the screen and click on the one that says for posting to .........& "forums"
just don't log out and forget your password it's taken me 3 days and I still can't log on.

Ourea
12-27-2017, 10:32 PM
I signed up here to learn about hunting, ask questions and see what people are up to in the hunting world.

I hope HBC doesn't disappoint you
There is a good chunk of people on this site who's focus is to help others and support our sport

Dannybuoy
12-27-2017, 10:45 PM
It's a deer. ha ha ha thats awesum !

dino
12-27-2017, 10:46 PM
Nice Elk Dino he will be great in a couple years ;-) imgur is great selct the link on the right hand side of the screen and click on the one that says for posting to .........& "forums"
just don't log out and forget your password it's taken me 3 days and I still can't log on.

It's a deer

dana
12-27-2017, 10:53 PM
It's a deer

And a Beauty one to boot! Very Nice!!!

huntcoop
12-27-2017, 11:07 PM
Posting pictures on here shouldn't be this difficult :roll:

Gateholio
12-27-2017, 11:28 PM
Well let's see if I can post a pic using my iPhone

https://shop.nechakooutdoors.ca/images/D/d_543.jpg

Gateholio
12-27-2017, 11:29 PM
Should see a pic of a rifle ?

Stone Sheep Steve
12-27-2017, 11:31 PM
Should see a pic of a rifle ?

And that's what I see.

Gateholio
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6682&stc=1

Gateholio
Now you should see a pic of a really big rifle. :)

REMINGTON JIM
12-27-2017, 11:35 PM
Well let's see if I can post a pic using my iPhone

https://shop.nechakooutdoors.ca/images/D/d_543.jpg

Thats a REAL Nice Remmy M700 375 H&H there ! :razz: RJ

Gateholio
12-27-2017, 11:44 PM
So the first pic (of the Remington 7RM- for sale for $750) is just a pic I took from Nechako Outdoors site. I just copied the address and put it in the usual way we always have done on forums, using the Picture tool and linking the URL. (From URL)

The second pic, of my 50 BMG rifle comes directly from my Itelephone, again using the Pic tool but this time I used the "From computer" button and then chose "add file" and "upload file" It has an attached thumbnail pic and the large pic. Or it does for me, anyway.

Gateholio
12-27-2017, 11:47 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6682&stc=1

Gateholio
12-28-2017, 12:01 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6683&stc=1

twoSevenO
12-28-2017, 12:08 AM
Gatehouse, how are you resizing these pics off of mobile to be able to upload to HBC? I have tried this before, but given the gargantuan sizes of today's phone pics it won't let me and i didn't find a fast way to resize before uploading.

Gateholio
12-28-2017, 12:11 AM
I didn't resize anything. Just took pics from my phone camera library and uploaded them. It wasn't instantaneous like loading to IG, and I'm sure some pics would be too large to upload, but they did indeed work. Perhaps someone else knows how to resize pics on a phone.

The point is, uploading pics isn't impossible. You can use the same process we always have used, or you have other options using your phone.

This is assuming that others other than myself can see the pics of the 50 BMG rifle and the Ruger Precision rifle?

twoSevenO
12-28-2017, 12:26 AM
Unless I resize a picture to a significantly smaller size, this is what I get. It doesn't help that it doesn't tell me what the allowed dimensions are.
Your image above is 90KB ... so it's obviously being resized somehow. Just not sure how. Native resolution of your ihpone would have that pic at like 4-5MB

https://i.imgur.com/LBvyatM.png

Spy
12-28-2017, 12:36 AM
It's a deer
Lol you missed the smily winkee emoji lol I was actually paying you a compliment Dino its a great deer the size of an elk... nice pic :-)

Gateholio
12-28-2017, 12:44 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6686&stc=1

Gateholio
12-28-2017, 12:50 AM
So I tried a couple of things-

When I go to Upload File, I can choose from a few options including "Moments" and "Camera Roll"

Moments will upload, camera roll will not. I suppose the "Moments" album keeps pictures at a smaller size. Perhaps this is the purpose of the "Moments" album, as they both house the same pics. Or maybe not, I have no real clue. Mine is an Iphone 7plus, if that matters.

twoSevenO
12-28-2017, 01:37 AM
So I tried a couple of things-

When I go to Upload File, I can choose from a few options including "Moments" and "Camera Roll"

Moments will upload, camera roll will not. I suppose the "Moments" album keeps pictures at a smaller size. Perhaps this is the purpose of the "Moments" album, as they both house the same pics. Or maybe not, I have no real clue. Mine is an Iphone 7plus, if that matters.

Yup. That makes sense now. Unfortunately, my Samsung android phone does not seem to keep a resized copy. Only the giant originals in camera roll. It's utterly baffling why a phone would have options to edit a photo by manipulating orientation, brightness, contrast and all of that EXCEPT resize. Just unbelievable.

Ferenc
12-28-2017, 01:47 AM
Did the moments thing .... can ya see a blacktail

Ferenc
12-28-2017, 01:54 AM
Looks like the moment thing works ... but a small pic

Using a iPhone 6s

Bugle M In
12-28-2017, 02:31 PM
Agree, posting pics and other stuff is a pain.
See that some of you are trying to figure it all out...
I know someone on here was trying to show how it use Imgur etc.
Anyways, when you folks find the best ways to post on here, can you put the thread somewhere where we all can find it, and be able to go to it quickly for a refresher, as some of us don't post all the time...so memory gats lost.

Ourea
12-28-2017, 03:11 PM
Here is a simple video tutorial on uploading pictures from your mobile device from your Imgur account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wcS6l22fk4

twoSevenO
12-28-2017, 04:21 PM
Did the moments thing .... can ya see a blacktail

yup, small, but we can see it.

Beautiful blacktail. Big ol grey face on him. Nice. Good work. Is that this year's BT? Put up a story ;)

Ourea
12-28-2017, 05:07 PM
Something I wish to add on posting a thread......

Upwards of 70% off all correspondence is read off a mobile device.
Longer paragraph structure is far more difficult to digest and follow along on the smaller screens.

The geriatric crowd must roll their eyes when they see some of the modern day structure and grammar with forums.
Be aware that some are composing their response in a manner that will "read well" off a phone.

Successive vertical sentences over paragraphs makes for easy reads.
Not trying to butcher the English language but the way we communicate is ever evolving.

Bugle M In
12-28-2017, 05:24 PM

Longer paragraph structure is far more difficult to digest and follow along on the smaller screens.

The geriatric crowd must roll their eyes when they see some of the modern day structure and grammar with forums.
Be aware that some are composing their response in a manner that will "read well" off a phone.

Not trying to butcher the English language but the way we communicate is ever evolving.

good point, never considered that.
don't use an iPhone etc.
only pc, so have no clue what it looks like to others on mobiles.

Gateholio
12-28-2017, 10:08 PM

This post is very easy to read on both computer and iPhone.

Posts that don't use some sort of paragraphs are annoying to read, so I often just skim them or skip over them entirely.