PDA

View Full Version : 7-18/7-19 for bighorn

Saskhunter
12-21-2017, 08:00 PM
Was just wondering if anyone would like to share some thoughts on either of these zones for bighorn. Ive spent some time in 7-18 hunting griz in the past and 7-19 just camping but I havent seen any sheep there. I see tags are available. I always thought they were so majestic it would be great to give it a try, especially before I get too damn old. Feels like the sheep and goat days are numbered. Any thoughts on access, opportunities, past experiences etc would be great.

604redneck
12-21-2017, 08:29 PM
I know a few people that have shot rams there and ride in on horse from alberta......

blackbart
12-21-2017, 10:56 PM
Never been there and take this as such. Area is not a trophy producer, but offers a nice hunt.

Bustercluck
12-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Was just wondering if anyone would like to share some thoughts on either of these zones for bighorn. Ive spent some time in 7-18 hunting griz in the past and 7-19 just camping but I havent seen any sheep there. I see tags are available. I always thought they were so majestic it would be great to give it a try, especially before I get too damn old. Feels like the sheep and goat days are numbered. Any thoughts on access, opportunities, past experiences etc would be great.
I've been feeling the same way the past few years. I ran into a guide at the back end of 7-18 in September and I think they were hunting goat. I didn't ask too many questions about their exact location. If you're familiar with the area, they were staying at that old Guide camp(I think it's pass lake fsr). There was an old guy working out of there last time I was up there in 2013, but from what I hear he retired and sold everything. That's probably my favourite area to hunt moose.

Saskhunter
12-22-2017, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys, I know the access into 7-19 is tough from the BC side. I see the guys shoot some decent ones on the Alberta(Willmore) side. You would think they would be on the BC side as well. I was way back in on the 7-18 side, in 2016 spring, over 100km from the bridge with the bike, saw several goats, honestly almost every face I spent any time looking at I found a goat. Access there is tough as the rivers are so high and wide. Never saw a sheep at all. Alot of moose sign, looks like the area does get hunted pretty hard, alot of camp sites that look very well used. Alot of griz as well, the area is sure grown up, makes for tough bear hunting thats forsure. Pretty cool spot all in all. Would be nice to spend more time there.

leadpillproductions
12-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Any time you want to go for a look give a shout . Its on my todo list

Thanks guys, I know the access into 7-19 is tough from the BC side. I see the guys shoot some decent ones on the Alberta(Willmore) side. You would think they would be on the BC side as well. I was way back in on the 7-18 side, in 2016 spring, over 100km from the bridge with the bike, saw several goats, honestly almost every face I spent any time looking at I found a goat. Access there is tough as the rivers are so high and wide. Never saw a sheep at all. Alot of moose sign, looks like the area does get hunted pretty hard, alot of camp sites that look very well used. Alot of griz as well, the area is sure grown up, makes for tough bear hunting thats forsure. Pretty cool spot all in all. Would be nice to spend more time there.

boxhitch
12-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Make it soon, the area is ripe for resource development

Apparently that sheep herd doesn't recognize the BC/Alta border