PDA

View Full Version : Kelowna area wolf hunt in the new year

kelowna.jordan
12-19-2017, 10:59 PM
I have 1 local guy and several friends from out of town that are game to get out and do our part in the growing wolf population. Im new to the kelowna area so im looking for any help on areas we can concentrate on (known areas/fairly recent sightings). Some of the guys will be travelling for 3-4 hours for this hunt so I'd like to hit some hot spots with recent activity to make this hunt as successful as possible. We have a couple of calls we will be using. Besides this hunt with the larger group, ill be heading put as much as time permits. Thank you guys for any help

Liveforthehunt
12-19-2017, 11:05 PM
I shot 2 up near ideal lake and postil 2 years ago ... that being said I did see some tracks up there this year right down the road as usual but not as many

604redneck
12-19-2017, 11:09 PM
We had them howling and saw a ton of sign up behind chute lake during early november. One road had fresh scat every 10 steps or so. I would guess there is a decent population there and will be focusing there for 2 weeks in january

Wrayzer
12-20-2017, 07:37 AM
We had them howling and saw a ton of sign up behind chute lake during early november. One road had fresh scat every 10 steps or so. I would guess there is a decent population there and will be focusing there for 2 weeks in january

I tracked that pack while chasing moose up there in November.
Sitting above Ratnip lake I could see 6 sets of tracks skirting a lone set of moose tracks right across the lake.

604redneck
12-20-2017, 07:56 AM
I tracked that pack while chasing moose up there in November.
Sitting above Ratnip lake I could see 6 sets of tracks skirting a lone set of moose tracks right across the lake.
Yup that would be it and one of the tracks we saw was quite large.

Wolfdown
12-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Lots of wolves up and around big white/beaverdell! I saw a pack of 13 up there last weekend.

Ferenc
12-21-2017, 04:22 PM
On the calls .... hand held crow calls seem to do the trick.