PDA

View Full Version : liberal Mla on grizz ban

dougan
12-19-2017, 10:27 PM
Well my hat is off to this Mla for having our backs even if it is too late .https://globalnews.ca/news/3926071/bc-liberal-mla-slams-grizzly-hunt-ban-as-thin-edge-of-the-wedge/amp/

Jimbo
12-19-2017, 11:10 PM
For me, he nailed it with this comment ;

“If that’s how we’re going to start making wildlife conservation policy in this province, I don’t think we need a minister of environment anymore, we need an online polling company.”

Bugle M In
12-20-2017, 12:34 AM
Amen to that comment....Heyman has got to go!!

bigredchev
12-20-2017, 06:51 AM
That is the most honest and real thing I have ever heard from a politian. Refreshing

BgBlkDg
12-20-2017, 07:17 AM
I have always voted "environment" FIRST, since 1968, aged 21. I have NEVER voted "Socred" OR "BCL" and have always thought that I NEVER will.

I do not hunt bears, have never wanted to and have had scores of legal opportunities to kill both Grizzlies and BBs.

I will NEVER vote NDP or Green, in future, BC Liberals, very probably and I am NOT alone in this.

DEXTER
12-20-2017, 09:40 AM
During the interview it was mentioned that 78 or 80% of the people are against the hunting of grizzly bears and support the current action being taken be the NDP. It was also mentioned that the poll only consisted of 4800 people.

Pretty small reference if you ask me, way too small of a sample to base any real decisions on. Was there a larger poll taken in this province, I am not aware of one.

How many members are on here? Maybe we need to run our own poll/petition and send it to a few NDP members and let them know that we are voters and this is not how we want policies made.

Whonnock Boy
12-20-2017, 09:56 AM
It doesn't matter what the numbers are, the poll is skewed from the get go with the question that was asked, something along the lines of, "should grizzly hunting end in BC?" Change it to, "should wildlife in BC be managed with the best science available?", and the results will no doubt be much different.

During the interview it was mentioned that 78 or 80% of the people are against the hunting of grizzly bears and support the current action being taken be the NDP. It was also mentioned that the poll only consisted of 4800 people.

Pretty small reference if you ask me, way too small of a sample to base any real decisions on. Was there a larger poll taken in this province, I am not aware of one.

How many members are on here? Maybe we need to run our own poll/petition and send it to a few NDP members and let them know that we are voters and this is not how we want policies made.

J-F
12-20-2017, 10:49 AM
You could also hold a poll asking if people want to pay taxes. You know the answer to that, but we'll still be paying taxes.

Politics is unfortunately more and more a popularity contest.

Bugle M In
12-20-2017, 05:55 PM
You could also hold a poll asking if people want to pay taxes. You know the answer to that, but we<ll still be paying taxes.

Politics is unfortunately more and more a popularity contest.

Yup...
Let's have a poll on the carbon tax!!
80% of whomever votes on that would say "no"....
But, the government would still continue to tax us!!
But....ask a few of your anti's thru a poll...and it happens!

Blockcaver
12-20-2017, 07:41 PM
Thanks to Peter Milobar for sticking up for the Grizzly hunt!

walks with deer
12-20-2017, 07:54 PM
i first met peter 8 years ago he is a straight shooter and good dude...
not suprised he speaks truth..