PDA

View Full Version : What species will be closed forever next?

Cyrus
12-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Grizzly is just the beginning...what's next?

IslandWanderer
12-18-2017, 07:16 PM
Wolves, then b bear?

dougan
12-18-2017, 07:16 PM
The NDP in bc

Cyrus
12-18-2017, 07:18 PM
I went moose..getting too political and numbers on the decline.

antlerking
12-18-2017, 07:28 PM
All of the above if your not native (all ready happened in parts of The caribou = no trespassing)

tuner
12-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Wolves, the NDP and their SJW supporters view large carnivores as a severely persecuted and victimized group.
In the victimhood hierarchy the NDP supporters employ as a tool of judging injustice, the wolf is viewed as the pinnacle of the persecuted,so expect an even greater onslaught from the hysterical left.

Weatherby Fan
12-18-2017, 07:43 PM
Basically this is whats going to happen in BC, the writings on the wall, the Federal & Provincial governments are going to stop all hunting and give (leave it to) it to the First Nations to manage or mismanage for themselves,

What this does is it removes a large cost to the government, No CO's, No Biologists needed, they won't have to manage anything,

This is the perfect way to test the response from the people of BC.....if no serious backlash from shutting down the GB Hunt then carry on with the rest of it........

Darksith
12-18-2017, 07:46 PM
Stop politicizing this. The liberals didn't spend any money on conservation either...If you continue to attempt to make this a partisan issue it will never get fixed. Government no matter what colour is in power needs to remove politics from conservation and let the land managers do their job with adequate funding.

Dannybuoy
12-18-2017, 07:48 PM
May be on to something here weatherby ..... although its tecnically not closed to everyone , and you know that the natives are going to still make us pay to manage the wildlife

antlerking
12-18-2017, 08:02 PM
You seriously think the NDP is your friend,good luck with that. They have been shown to say anything to get your vote! Then do what they want, tax the sh*t out of you, scare away business, and have every union mad at them in the end! It's to bad people don't remember

HappyJack
12-18-2017, 08:08 PM
May be on to something here weatherby ..... although its tecnically not closed to everyone , and you know that the natives are going to still make us pay to manage the wildlife

Natives don't make me do anything, sorry.

Weatherby Fan
12-18-2017, 08:11 PM
Stop politicizing this. The liberals didn't spend any money on conservation either...If you continue to attempt to make this a partisan issue it will never get fixed. Government no matter what colour is in power needs to remove politics from conservation and let the land managers do their job with adequate funding.

Well you didn't see the Liberals completely shutting down GB hunting did you ?

HappyJack
12-18-2017, 08:22 PM
Well you didn't see the Liberals completely shutting down GB hunting did you ?

Not completely, like they did with the so called 'spirit bears', and they gave way too much of the allocation to the guides...

Bugle M In
12-18-2017, 09:22 PM

How can we not "Politicize Here"??
IT was the NDP/Greens who just outright banned GBEAR hunting.....not just the trophy aspect.
They have obviously shown they no longer run politics/policies on sound evidence.
The have "politicized this to the new Emotional way to Govern".

No one will argue that the Libs did a piss poor job.....BUT....
I didn't feel like it was coming to an end.....
Now instead of fighting to get the government to spend money into habitat and to acknowledge that other user groups/Companies also need to contribute to this....
I now have to fight to just be able to "Go Hunting".

The thing is...you are talking about Politics.....
Politics only exists because of the fact we decided long ago that the "Right to Vote" was important.
And that Money is required to "Politic".
But everything in life is a Ying/Yang relationship....
You have money skewing stuff...and now you have emotion contributing to votes....
So...I ask....how to you get that type of system back to "doing the right thing" and listening to science???

I hear your frustration thru the lines...don't get me wrong...I see your angle for sure.....
But, it should be very apparent it's not the world we live in....
Politcs and decisions will only come from to Sources....
Either Money, what we call Lobbyists...
Or Emotion....at least when it comes to hunting...or for some....killing only.

I choose to live in the "reality"....not the "dream" how Politics should be.
I apply that same principle to hunting....
I choose to live and partake in what it is to be alive and what life is in it's simplest/purest form.....
Not in the Idea of....."Imagine"...sounds nice and beautiful and lovely.....but, it's not what life was programmed to ever be.

Brez
12-18-2017, 11:58 PM
You nailed it man.

Brez
12-19-2017, 12:01 AM
How can we not "Politicize Here"??
IT was the NDP/Greens who just outright banned GBEAR hunting.....not just the trophy aspect.
They have obviously shown they no longer run politics/policies on sound evidence.
The have "politicized this to the new Emotional way to Govern".

No one will argue that the Libs did a piss poor job.....BUT....
I didn't feel like it was coming to an end.....
Now instead of fighting to get the government to spend money into habitat and to acknowledge that other user groups/Companies also need to contribute to this....
I now have to fight to just be able to "Go Hunting".

The thing is...you are talking about Politics.....
Politics only exists because of the fact we decided long ago that the "Right to Vote" was important.
And that Money is required to "Politic".
But everything in life is a Ying/Yang relationship....
You have money skewing stuff...and now you have emotion contributing to votes....
So...I ask....how to you get that type of system back to "doing the right thing" and listening to science???

I hear your frustration thru the lines...don't get me wrong...I see your angle for sure.....
But, it should be very apparent it's not the world we live in....
Politcs and decisions will only come from to Sources....
Either Money, what we call Lobbyists...
Or Emotion....at least when it comes to hunting...or for some....killing only.

I choose to live in the "reality"....not the "dream" how Politics should be.
I apply that same principle to hunting....
I choose to live and partake in what it is to be alive and what life is in it's simplest/purest form.....
Not in the Idea of....."Imagine"...sounds nice and beautiful and lovely.....but, it's not what life was programmed to ever be.
Not much difference between banning a certain species from being hunted and permanently destroying the habitat of many species....oh, wait, yes there is, the ban can be reversed!

Brez
12-19-2017, 12:05 AM
As long as we try to emulate the USA's 2 party, left/right wing fanaticism we will never solve problems here. Everyone has to take their special shade of glasses off and see the situations for what they are and make the proper decisions even if it means compromise.

boblly1
12-19-2017, 12:13 AM
If your in the bush hunting and grizz charges he still dies just means he is not coming home

Chopper
12-19-2017, 01:46 AM
Black Bears .... Eco tourism is sticking it to us.

Next thing you know they are going to take whaling away from us :-D

JKerr
12-19-2017, 01:56 AM
Wolves then black bears.

Wolves are no different than a dog to most people, that was proven when they were last culled.

Predators get a higher rating than prey, so black bears are next, or cats more than likely.

Chopper
12-19-2017, 02:24 AM
Wolves then black bears.

Wolves are no different than a dog to most people, that was proven when they were last culled.

Predators get a higher rating than prey, so black bears are next, or cats more than likely.

I dont think your argument for wolves is to far off. There is NO WAY ! cats will get banned. Like i said, its all about money. They are pretty good to eat, Guides sell lots of hunts, and there is no way Cougars can bring in Eco tourism revenue. If cats get banned .... It will be when hunting is banned.

J_T
12-19-2017, 07:17 AM
I'm not sure "they" will target anyone species. With the term "Trophy Hunt" now firmly in use by everyone, the next target will be anything that falls within the realm of trophy hunting. Sheep, Goats, Youth hunting (we've always maintained a doe is a trophy to a first time youth hunter).

And I dont think the antis view this as a conservation question/issue. Its about the morals of taking a life.

Hunter gatherer
12-19-2017, 08:00 AM
Basically this is whats going to happen in BC, the writings on the wall, the Federal & Provincial governments are going to stop all hunting and give (leave it to) it to the First Nations to manage or mismanage for themselves,

What this does is it removes a large cost to the government, No CO's, No Biologists needed, they won't have to manage anything,

This is the perfect way to test the response from the people of BC.....if no serious backlash from shutting down the GB Hunt then carry on with the rest of it........
Totally agree with you here and after hunting is bann ed no need for firearms. Win win

digger dogger
12-19-2017, 08:28 AM

^^this here^^^

Fish are almost gone!!!

No way to police it, it'll be a shooting shit show, 10 yrs no animals to hunt, good for our government and ICBC-(government)

No court cases to spend large on, and pathetic fines, to add to the bill.

We hunters are becoming peasants, and we'll have to buy all our food that's been taxed to hell.

Anyone got some weight lifters chaulk for the ass?
It's gonna hurt, what's coming our way.

bearvalley
12-19-2017, 08:29 AM
Wolves then black bears.

Dont forget that black bears carry the “spirit bear” gene.

Surrey Boy
12-19-2017, 08:32 AM
If you want to continue hunting, start releasing swine and non-migrating birds in your favourite spot. Non-native species will be the only legal game for non-native residents.

The Indians aren't regaining their traditional territory, they're about to finally send it to perdition.

hunter1947
12-19-2017, 08:54 AM
I say they will target the wolfs next..

12-19-2017, 09:24 AM
might have been said but.....
if we cant band together on this it will all go....

we see how much we can Band together here every day......... We need a Politically involved association to represent our interests that is not the GO's..... We need BCWF to take of the chains and help us or make a new one....
Natives are banned together, anties are and so is the ignorant public.... by by hunting... it is emotionally incorrect.... if we don't have a common group actively attacking the government when they do this.. and when they wipe out the Thompson Steel head for a fu cking Chum salmon.... by by

Ltbullken
12-19-2017, 09:47 AM
This is defeatist and fatalistic. If we believe the NDP/Greens are going to start shutting down hunting and roll over, it will happen. We need to start protesting vigorously and fight for our right to hunt. let them know there will be news coverage everyday they try to shut down our right to hunt. But we also need to let science guide the hunt and allocation.

wideopenthrottle
12-19-2017, 09:54 AM
my guess is mountain caribou...we are almost there now

New Bow Hunter
12-19-2017, 10:03 AM
Continue on the path we are taking and this will be the outcome.

http://jonimitchell.com/music/song.cfm?id=13

Wild one
12-19-2017, 10:23 AM
Wolves first do to public attention then followed with other predators

This a starting point

Brez
12-19-2017, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure "they" will target anyone species. With the term "Trophy Hunt" now firmly in use by everyone, the next target will be anything that falls within the realm of trophy hunting. Sheep, Goats, Youth hunting (we've always maintained a doe is a trophy to a first time youth hunter).

And I dont think the antis view this as a conservation question/issue. Its about the morals of taking a life.
Another one who nailed it

Ltbullken
12-19-2017, 11:26 AM
might have been said but.....
if we cant band together on this it will all go....

we see how much we can Band together here every day......... We need a Politically involved association to represent our interests that is not the GO's..... We need BCWF to take of the chains and help us or make a new one....
Natives are banned together, anties are and so is the ignorant public.... by by hunting... it is emotionally incorrect.... if we don't have a common group actively attacking the government when they do this.. and when they wipe out the Thompson Steel head for a fu cking Chum salmon.... by by

Agree. BCWF and Fish & Game Clubs better start getting their (our) shit together on this issue. Science needs to lead on wildlife management and we need to keep it focussed on a right to hunt within the context of rational management.

Bugle M In
12-19-2017, 11:51 AM
Agree. BCWF and Fish & Game Clubs better start getting their (our) shit together on this issue. Science needs to lead on wildlife management and we need to keep it focussed on a right to hunt within the context of rational management.

You bring something in a way that I was giving thought to...getting their shit together....
I think firstly, before any direction is taken...some ducks need to be lined up 1st..maeaning.
R&G Clubs better review some of their logo's...like the WK club and that tape measure in the logo...stuff like that.
That is just painting a huge target on them, which reflects on all of us sadly....
Puts in to question why we really hunt to those who look but don't understand off hand....IMO.
That WK club (Josh I think), brought to my attention "some of the really really good things they do!!.
But, I never heard of it....till recently.....
Sounds like there is a lot of R&G Clubs doing some really excellent work out there.....but the PR on it sounds brutal,
meaning non existent.
We need to get out there...in the local papers....mainstream media....often as possible....everytime hunters/R&G
clubs volunteer their time...to help wildlife and their habitat...we need to show what people in this community are
doing....not just the deer antlers and the hunter beside it....
BUT.....we need to tidy up some of the loose ends....things that can be used against hunters and R&G clubs..
Please, I do hope that I am not trying to insult any of those clubs...not one bit....but only to point out some of the
things that some may not accept...or use against them...
But all the good that these folks are doing...I do feel it is left unheard....that is what needs to be documented...
filmed...portrayed...and brought to the public for them to consume...
That has to be the "new face" of Hunting/Harvesting....or we are going to get "hammered".

Moose Guide
12-19-2017, 09:18 PM
The NDP in bc

The voters in BC will be gullible next election and swallow the NDP cool aid! It sure is a good thing all those hunters and shooters voted against Kristy Clark, after all, its not like the NDP are against hunting, are they?

bownut
12-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Dont forget that black bears carry the “spirit bear” gene.

Was it the Black Bear tags that funded the Griz. Studies?

Moose Guide
12-19-2017, 09:24 PM
You bring something in a way that I was giving thought to...getting their shit together....
I think firstly, before any direction is taken...some ducks need to be lined up 1st..maeaning.
R&G Clubs better review some of their logo's...like the WK club and that tape measure in the logo...stuff like that.
That is just painting a huge target on them, which reflects on all of us sadly....
Puts in to question why we really hunt to those who look but don't understand off hand....IMO.
That WK club (Josh I think), brought to my attention "some of the really really good things they do!!.
Sounds like there is a lot of R&G Clubs doing some really excellent work out there.....but the PR on it sounds brutal,
meaning non existent.
We need to get out there...in the local papers....mainstream media....often as possible....everytime hunters/R&G
clubs volunteer their time...to help wildlife and their habitat...we need to show what people in this community are
BUT.....we need to tidy up some of the loose ends....things that can be used against hunters and R&G clubs..
Please, I do hope that I am not trying to insult any of those clubs...not one bit....but only to point out some of the
But all the good that these folks are doing...I do feel it is left unheard....that is what needs to be documented...
That has to be the "new face" of Hunting/Harvesting....or we are going to get "hammered".

That WK club is a TROPHY hunting club, I don't think they'll remove the tape from their logo, they recently proposed that the west kootenay elk hunt be changed to leh to improve trophy potential

bownut
12-19-2017, 09:26 PM
meaning non existent.

1200$ to design a web site I am sure a member will do it for free, all clubs need to face book, tweet, and gram.
Too bad most of us still chip away at rocks!

Gateholio
12-19-2017, 09:36 PM
We've just been put on notice that hunting/wildlife decisions will be made by public opinion. This is a great victory for the anti hunting groups, that they have beaten the hunters, beaten the outfitters and beaten the belief that wildlife management should be done using science. Anything is on the table next, but expect black bear, wolves and sheep to be the next ones on thier hit list.

Probably we will soon see the abandonment of the regulatons by hunters that used to be very concientious about following the rules in the past.

Surrey Boy
12-19-2017, 11:23 PM
Probably we will soon see the abandonment of the regulatons by hunters that used to be very concientious about following the rules in the past.

This changes the relationship between hunters and Conservation Officers in the same way that the Firearms Act changed the attitude of gun owners towards police.

From liberty to anarchy we are headed.

emerson
12-19-2017, 11:33 PM
We've just been put on notice that hunting/wildlife decisions will be made by public opinion. This is a great victory for the anti hunting groups, that they have beaten the hunters, beaten the outfitters and beaten the belief that wildlife management should be done using science. Anything is on the table next, but expect black bear, wolves and sheep to be the next ones on thier hit list.

I agree with all the points here. Especially the last one.

Bugle M In
12-20-2017, 12:29 AM
1200$ to design a web site I am sure a member will do it for free, all clubs need to face book, tweet, and gram.
Too bad most of us still chip away at rocks!

I hope my comments weren't insulting to people of the club specifically....
Was not meant to be....
But, from a PR stance, I can't see any good coming from "logo's" like that....
IT will take away from "the good aspects" that any club puts forward with their members efforts in helping wildlife
like the WK Club mentioned.
I hope it is taken as some "friendly advice"..."opinion".
But this whole issue about the longevity of hunting, and going from "science" to "public polls" is scary shit!!
I think all Game Clubs in the province better take a hard look at how they portray themselves....
They should show all the things they do...they need to get it out there!!!every chance they get...
The scene has changed...everything is done on a "keystroke now".!!
Decision being made with out looking into it....just want someone sees on the screen.
And lets face it....there is a lot of bad out there....not much of the good stuff to draw from or view.
The good stuff has to be thrown in their faces, at dinner time...on the big channels...

Bugle M In
12-20-2017, 12:32 AM

They will never stop me....
I am as contentious as they get out there....but...take it away....not.
Turns out I have a relative from days gone by back in the old country who was the biggest poacher around....
(so I am told)....
Anyways, his best friend was the local CO :shock:.....no joke!
The CO never knew it was him...never got caught....guess it helps to know where your "friends are"??
So....I guess I can swing both ways!!:p if I am forced to...(but, lets hope that it never comes to that!)

northof49
12-20-2017, 08:53 AM
Grizzly is just the beginning...what's next?

Stupid thread/post....not helpful

12-20-2017, 09:31 AM
its attitude like that North of 49 that divides us and makes us loose .... Your post is the one that doesn't help.

northof49
12-20-2017, 09:39 AM
its attitude like that North of 49 that divides us and makes us loose .... Your post is the one that doesn't help.

Ya whatever.....thread/poll has nothing to do with banding together. Just fuel for the antis mining this site and not helpful.

12-20-2017, 09:44 AM
no unfortunately you are right. But you are choosing to be part of the problem.

northof49
12-20-2017, 12:06 PM
no unfortunately you are right. But you are choosing to be part of the problem.

No not choosing anything....simply stated my opinion about this Poll. IMO it is not helpful. Above you say I’m right....but then say I’m part of the problem. So if I don’t see things your way I am “part of the problem”. That’s not divisive at all.

12-20-2017, 12:24 PM
I was just pointing out that you thought a post was stupid and un helpful and you replied with a stupid unhelpful post.... so take your own advice

northof49
12-20-2017, 03:06 PM
I was just pointing out that you thought a post was stupid and un helpful and you replied with a stupid unhelpful post.... so take your own advice

Suppose you have a point and I could have been more sensitive. Under the circumstances though I don’t see how this Poll is at all helpful. Wasn’t even an option for ‘none’. Just adds fuel to the fire for the antis mining this site and reflects a defeatist attitude from within rather than focussing on the path forward. Thanks for your thoughts. Cheers

12-20-2017, 03:25 PM
no the poll isn't helpful, nor is the back and forth between us. We know the Anti hunters Troll this place for ammunition, I cant remember what it was about but there was something that we proved cam back to here.
like I said in Post 28 through a bit of a flippant vent we need an organisation that will actively fight for us. through politics... to represent us... I totally agree with you....

Bugle M In
12-20-2017, 04:46 PM
I didn't like this poll idea either...but I understand the "curiosity portion" of it, and why it was posted.
We can speculate as to what the Anti's are going to target next....but....what we all agree with, regardless
of which species is next...the anti's are coming for more....
If that is not 100% accepted by members on this site.....I don't know how much more apparent it needs to make those who think it isn't coming..to believe?
As long as this current government is going to conduct itself and its decisions based on "Emotional Approval" and
petty little "internet surveys" (which most of us never even saw or received to give our opinion), the Anti's
have all the "power" right now to keep on going.....
How much damage is going to come from this is my "big question".
But I also question how much longer all of us on this site are going to bash each other up??
We all have had our spats on here, at times, and yes, some more then others.....
But, we have to learn to drop some of the "old grudges" that we carry from previous post, threads and from days gone by...some of them even long in the past.
Obviously, we are all "frustrated"...not just with the news from the past few days, but also with the state of our
wildlife for the past bunch of years....the lack of "voice" we have had out there...etc etc...
Now were just a pack of dogs, just chewing each other up here......
Time to let by gones be by gones....for now anyways....
It just has to happen....otherwise kiss it good by....
We stay like this, more things will just disappear right in front of us...just watching and staring and bitching....
If that's the case....fine....
I give the site 2 years at best before there is no one left on here.....then what????

northof49
12-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Yes completely agree with your post 28. A unified approach is key and one voice on behalf of all representing the facts typically will yield best result. No point directing anger at NDP/Greens, that is futile and wasted energy. Focus on educating the public and catching the ear of the BC liberals. They will be the ones to right the ship and put an end to this silliness once voted back in. A strong unified voice and message is key. We need to help show the way forward. Lots of good ideas in this forum....just need the right people with the right intentions to carry the message and the BCWF likely has the best chance for that.

12-20-2017, 10:11 PM
I rely heavily on this and other sites to help me with the political side. There are members here and there that understand the political side way more than I Do, and it's implications. But, I don't think that is our fight per say.

I think the " you and me" Hunter needs a group we can huck money at and join in to that will attack the political side..

Like you say pointing anger at a party is useless. Pointing
50000 fingers is different...

I am a guy with a young family. I can participate too much in the fight. But I do have a good job and can pay.. I am not the only one of my kind..I have a 4 year old daughter that will have nothing if this keeps up.. I have seen it go away in my life...

We need to start an organisation or make one bigger or take the gloves off the bcwf. When my kid is a bit older I will have time again. I will be able to get right in...

That is what we need... if we have that we can still bicker here lol...

leadpillproductions
12-20-2017, 11:40 PM
100% Agree with you UOTE=835;1964479]I rely heavily on this and other sites to help me with the political side. There are members here and there that understand the political side way more than I Do, and it's implications. But, I don't think that is our fight per say.

I think the " you and me" Hunter needs a group we can huck money at and join in to that will attack the political side..

Like you say pointing anger at a party is useless. Pointing
50000 fingers is different...

I am a guy with a young family. I can participate too much in the fight. But I do have a good job and can pay.. I am not the only one of my kind..I have a 4 year old daughter that will have nothing if this keeps up.. I have seen it go away in my life...

We need to start an organisation or make one bigger or take the gloves off the bcwf. When my kid is a bit older I will have time again. I will be able to get right in...

That is what we need... if we have that we can still bicker here lol...[/QUOTE]

The Hermit
12-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Cougar, then black bear, then all fur bearers.

BearSupreme
12-21-2017, 07:49 AM
I went moose..getting too political and numbers on the decline.

That would be true if they banned hunting animals based on fact instead of emotion, so they will never stop hunting moose because they arent "cuddly" like a innocent grizzly bear

russm86
12-21-2017, 08:39 AM
Can I change my answer to Cougar after that stupid internet blow up of that guy in Alberta?

twoSevenO
12-21-2017, 09:50 AM
"Forever" seems a little dramatic. They already closed the grizz hunt once before .... and reinstated it. Probably just a little while until it's back on again

M.Dean
12-21-2017, 09:52 AM
Bloody well better not be "Wall Lizards" or "Painted Turtles"!!!

Surrey Boy
12-21-2017, 11:17 AM
"Forever" seems a little dramatic. They already closed the grizz hunt once before .... and reinstated it. Probably just a little while until it's back on again

Economic rule: If something is inevitable, it is good. Don't fight it, profit from it; it's all you can do.

Maybe when they finally end the moratorium we'll have a GOS!

dodge456
12-21-2017, 12:33 PM
I would have said wolves up til last night when I was made aware of the cbc article on Steve Eklund and his cougar kill. That seems to be gaining traction...maybe cougars are next?

Surrey Boy
12-21-2017, 01:29 PM
If they have a brain they'll save something for the next election, which I think will be unpredictable, given the threeway reality.

Highlander Hunting
12-21-2017, 01:38 PM
Cougars....
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/steve-ecklund-cougar-alberta-1.4459546

Wolfdown
12-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Hopefully cougars! To me having dogs chase a cat into exhaustion and up into a tree is cowardly and the furthest thing from actually hunting. Not to mention that danger it puts your dogs in. Absolutely pointless. Do it without the dogs or don’t do it all.

12-21-2017, 02:57 PM
Hopefully cougars! To me having dogs chase a cat into exhaustion and up into a tree is cowardly and the furthest thing from actually hunting. Not to mention that danger it puts your dogs in. Absolutely pointless. Do it without the dogs or don’t do it all.

Merry Christmas Troll!

Wolfdown
12-21-2017, 03:10 PM
Merry Christmas Troll! Typicsl around here.. I don’t have your opinion, therefore I’m a troll?

12-21-2017, 03:18 PM
no, your a troll by how you relay your opinion......

12-21-2017, 03:20 PM
Typicsl around here.. I don’t have your opinion, therefore I’m a troll?

No, you're a troll because you're pretending to be a hunter, when you are quite the opposite.

Dannybuoy
12-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Typicsl around here.. I don’t have your opinion, therefore I’m a troll?

How many cat hunts have you been on?

VLD43
12-21-2017, 04:02 PM
So the topic is "What species will be closed forever next". How has this all started? As I recall, an NHL hockey player posted a picture on facebook of his trophy grizzly bear a few years ago. There was a big public outcry, and pressure exerted on the government to close "Trophy Hunting for grizzlies. The results of that post are now evident. Fast forward to today, and a hunter posts pictures of a cougar, again on facebook, and the public react negatively. The common theme here is social media, and the general publics dislike for hunting.

Back years ago, it was acceptable for hunters returning from the hunt to drape their quarry over the hood of their car or truck. At a point about 30 to 40 years ago, the Wildlife Branch encouraged hunters to stop that practice, as it upset the general public, and we did. Whether you like it or not, the general public for the most part, don't want to see dead animals most anywhere. So if we are all smart, or learning from past mistakes, we will use some discretion and not post our hunting trips on social media. Hunting BC is a good place to post, if your so inclined.

Look at this another way. The general public, buy their meat from a butcher or grocery store. A nice little plastic wrapped package of "stuff". Ask yourself this. How many of the general public do you think would eat any sort of meat product, if they were forced to walk through an abattoir. I would bet not many.

So you want to know which animal is going to be banned from hunting next? Just keep posting your hunting successes on social media, and you will have your answer sooner than later.

12-21-2017, 04:06 PM
So the topic is "What species will be closed forever next". How has this all started? As I recall, an NHL hockey player posted a picture on facebook of his trophy grizzly bear a few years ago. There was a big public outcry, and pressure exerted on the government to close "Trophy Hunting for grizzlies. The results of that post are now evident. Fast forward to today, and a hunter posts pictures of a cougar, again on facebook, and the public react negatively. The common theme here is social media, and the general publics dislike for hunting.

Back years ago, it was acceptable for hunters returning from the hunt to drape their quarry over the hood of their car or truck. At a point about 30 to 40 years ago, the Wildlife Branch encouraged hunters to stop that practice, as it upset the general public, and we did. Whether you like it or not, the general public for the most part, don't want to see dead animals most anywhere. So if we are all smart, or learning from past mistakes, we will use some discretion and not post our hunting trips on social media. Hunting BC is a good place to post, if your so inclined.

Look at this another way. The general public, buy their meat from a butcher or grocery store. A nice little plastic wrapped package of "stuff". Ask yourself this. How many of the general public do you think would eat any sort of meat product, if they were forced to walk through an abattoir. I would bet not many.

So you want to know which animal is going to be banned from hunting next? Just keep posting your hunting successes on social media, and you will have your answer sooner than later.

id say that hit the nail.....

twoSevenO
12-21-2017, 04:20 PM
id say that hit the nail.....

The ones who drew attention were the ones that weren't really share-worthy, to be honest. I remember that video of the grizzly bear being shot and sliding down the mountain hundreds of feet, not dying, while people laugh in the background. That does no one any favors. I'm a hunter and i didn't enjoy watching that. It was a stupid video to post.

Same with people who post pictures of themselves with their kill with blood up their arms to their shoulders, or even ones who paint their face with blood ... like, wtf are you thinking? I packed out 4 deer this year and didn't get as much as a drop of blood on my sleeves. You're not cool because you covered your arms in blood.

Pretty sure people used to post shit on here too that got banned/removed (or maybe a new rule added, can't remember) that had too much gore, like headshot does. I've been on this site a long time, i've seen a lot of crap. There's no shortage of ret@rds on either side.

But unless you continue to share your hunting success we'll just shrink as a group even more. Sure, the ministry might see there's been more hunting licenses sold than ever before, but until your friends acquaintances and coworkers etc do as well hunting will just keep shrinking as far as acceptable social activities go.

Wolfdown
12-21-2017, 04:26 PM
How many cat hunts have you been on?
None.. I don’t get the point of it.

12-21-2017, 04:43 PM
Twoseveno

We do need to share our success, but we also need to think about how we do it.
Me? id rather go back to the time before the online.... when we did what we did and only our Friends knew.... life was not near as complicated....
Social media is a double edged sword. it can help us, but it can also kill us...

VLD43
12-21-2017, 04:44 PM
The ones who drew attention were the ones that weren't really share-worthy, to be honest. I remember that video of the grizzly bear being shot and sliding down the mountain hundreds of feet, not dying, while people laugh in the background. That does no one any favors. I'm a hunter and i didn't enjoy watching that. It was a stupid video to post.

Same with people who post pictures of themselves with their kill with blood up their arms to their shoulders, or even ones who paint their face with blood ... like, wtf are you thinking? I packed out 4 deer this year and didn't get as much as a drop of blood on my sleeves. You're not cool because you covered your arms in blood.

Pretty sure people used to post shit on here too that got banned/removed (or maybe a new rule added, can't remember) that had too much gore, like headshot does. I've been on this site a long time, i've seen a lot of crap. There's no shortage of ret@rds on either side.

But unless you continue to share your hunting success we'll just shrink as a group even more. Sure, the ministry might see there's been more hunting licenses sold than ever before, but until your friends acquaintances and coworkers etc do as well hunting will just keep shrinking as far as acceptable social activities go.

Two SevenO
Share all you want within the hunting community. As you said, it's idiots posting on social media. As I said in my earlier post, people used to drape animals over the hoods of their vehicles. When that practice stopped, hunting did not diminish or die out. It just went unnoticed by the general public, and in most circumstances that's a good thing. You rub this hunting thing in the general publics face, and it will bite you hard. You will loose in the end. There are times when it is better to remain quiet or conservative with the truth. And I would suggest now is one of those times.

Gateholio
12-21-2017, 05:10 PM

I don't like the way you conduct your hunting, so hopefully your method gets banned.

RedBeard81
12-21-2017, 05:32 PM
I have to agree with the idea that it is what's posted and shared, not that we as hunters are posting and sharing. We should be able to post our successes- there is a lot of integrity in what we do. I actually started hunting because I was unhappy with what I saw from large scale agriculture. That is no way for an animal to live before we eat it. I believe we are meant to have meat in our diet. I feel that to eat meat ethically, means taking full responsibility for that meat from start to finish.

We as hunters need to watch what we post and where. We need consider tact when we do. I agree that whooping and hollering when an animal suffers is BS. I also find that offensive as a hunter. If we present what we do with tact then it will be harder for anti-hunters to argue with us. They will only ever seek out on facebook and youtube that which will fuel their cause. Keep our posts respectful of the animals (as it should be), and speak up when you see a jack-ass painting us all in a negative light, and hopefully there will eventually be less material available for the anti's to source.

Hopefully there doesn't have to be another banned species.
Hopefully.

Wolfdown
12-21-2017, 05:38 PM
I don't like the way you conduct your hunting, so hopefully your method gets banned. you can’t call that hunting.. scared cat in a tree to shoot at? Really? Lol

Cyrus
12-21-2017, 05:42 PM

Agreed x 4

Dannybuoy
12-21-2017, 05:46 PM

You described what you don't like about cougar hunting yet you have never gone cougar hunting . Its not the way I would have described it and I have been out a few times .

LBM
12-21-2017, 05:49 PM

So then how do you know what goes on. Post #66 means nothing just speculation for you say you have never been involved.

Gateholio
12-21-2017, 05:58 PM
you can’t call that hunting.. scared cat in a tree to shoot at? Really? Lol

I certainly wouldn't call how you go about things "hunting"

that's why I hope it gets banned.

scoutlt1
12-21-2017, 06:17 PM

So you are in favour of the grizzly ban, are hoping for a ban on cougar hunting, and yet you claim to hunt wolves....
Do you eat the meat of the wolves you shoot? Do you keep the hide?

horshur
12-21-2017, 06:21 PM

the hunt is very much like how wolves run down a moose..poor moose is scared and it is dangerous to the wolves..I hope they ban wolves from hunting...it could happen. Moose,elk,deer,beaver,hare,caribou,sheep,goat,biso n,voles,mice and rats would all approve along with spawning salmon.

Wild one
12-21-2017, 06:34 PM

Might want to go experience it before judging what it’s all about is what he is suggesting and would recommend the same

myself I have more respect for hound hunting then road hunting and would even say it more sporting and challenging. Have no issue with either honesty

It’s not a give me hunt and hounds men spend a ton of time and effort year round they have to be dedicated to this hunt beyond most hunters

Wolfdown
12-21-2017, 06:37 PM
I certainly wouldn't call how you go about things "hunting"

that's why I hope it gets banned. so you actually consider letting dogs out to tree cougar and then walking up to the treed cougar after doing absolutely nothing and shooting it “hunting” ?

Gateholio
12-21-2017, 06:44 PM
so you actually consider letting dogs out to tree cougar and then walking up to the treed cougar after doing absolutely nothing and shooting it “hunting” ?

All I know is that I don't consider what you do to be hunting. Therefore, it should be banned.

REMINGTON JIM
12-21-2017, 06:44 PM

Like other FORMs of HUNTING its perfectly legal and some people LIKE to do it - Running BEARS with dogs and treeing them is FUN too ! I Once did run a cougar down with a hound on a leash - the only one Exhausted was me BUT the CAT still died ! Each to there own as long as its Legal ! Keep your Judging to your self ! jmo RJ

300rum700
12-21-2017, 06:45 PM
so you actually consider letting dogs out to tree cougar and then walking up to the treed cougar after doing absolutely nothing and shooting it “hunting” ?

Why are you on this site? Simple question answer it truthfully.

Dannybuoy
12-21-2017, 07:12 PM

Ha Ha, Yup thats just how easy it is.....

Wild one
12-21-2017, 07:13 PM

You really need to give it a try not what your thinking lol

mpotzold
12-21-2017, 07:24 PM

Fully agree!
Should be replaced with temporarily.

Notice how mum the NDP was when AW introduced on few occasions the "you shoot it- you eat it" bills. No doubt they remembered when the grizzly moratorium introduced by UD in 2001 helped to nearly annihilate the NDP.

According to AW- (Dec.18 )the NDP announced a moratorium on the hunting of Grizzly bears in British Columbia.... we are delighted with the NDP announcement.
Moratorium- a suspension of an ongoing activity.

The grizzly ban was coming, it was only a matter of when- it was just a continuation of what they started in 2001. The Liberals will repeal the bill when elected. Looks like future grizzly hunts will be a function of who governs.

As for other game I'm sure they will stop the wolf & other fur bearing animals hunt since they are not hunted for food.
The black bear hunt will stay since hunters for over 20 years are forced to take the meat home & there are way, way too many of them.

srupp
12-21-2017, 07:29 PM
Wolf down. .perhaps your missing some points..you still got to physically keep up..or get to where the dogs and cougar are..takes effort to get there before cougar jumps or hurts the dogs..
There is the advantage of a treed cougar..you can judge if it's a male or female..if it is an adult..large and old or young inexperienced cat.you can decide to harvest your legal animal..or gather up the dogs and leave the cat go if it's young or female or?
The licenses..tags all contribute to the welfare of all animals. .non hunters don't contribute a single cent to big game well being.
Without dogs cougar hunting..lynx hunting would be pretty difficult I have heard of it being successful..but damn...tough go..
I was on a lynx hunt..i eventually arrived at the treed lynx..guide..very experienced guy said it was a male but a bit small..took some photos and we left..yes if he had been 5 pounds bigger. .i would have harvested him..however until I do find that large old male I have a great photo .
Biologists use hunters as a wildlife tool to manage these preditors in their ecological role in the grand scheme of things..
If you don't understand..that's OK. .it doesn't make the harvest less legal or less successful..you are entitled to your opinion..howeverif you ddon't like hunting..there are quilting forums..this is where hunting...all types of hunting are discussed and celebrated..where new hunters can come and learn....we need not scare these new hunters off with critical dismissive attitudes..
We need to stand together as hunters regardless of what and how we legally hunt.
Srupp

Ohwildwon
12-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Cougars are hunted this way because it is the best, (and realistically) only, way to hunt them, for many reasons, period.

As anyone, who has hunted a lifetime in this province will tell you, just having a glimpse of the animal is a rarity, big time!

Big game animals have been managed through conservation AND hunting for 100 years (give or take) all over the planet for a reason.

Why? Here is where you need to lift a fcuking finger and educated yourself!

If you care to take a hunting course, you WILL be educated!

On this specific animal, hunting with dogs ,will let the hunter know, what is extremely, important to the hunter..

Is it healthy? Is it a female with cubs? I could go on...

How would you know, these two basic questions with a quick shot, if you ever saw one?

Again, there is no such thing, as to, leaving wildlife to regulate it self (mother nature) with what "we-you" have left it with!..

That way of thinking, left the barn in the late 1800"s

12-21-2017, 08:50 PM
Wolfdown is a troll. Stop feeding him.

northof49
12-21-2017, 09:19 PM

100%.....I called her out months ago. Do not feed into the baiting.

gcreek
12-21-2017, 10:09 PM
The NDP in bc

"Like" Haha.

Ohwildwon
12-21-2017, 10:28 PM

I agree, its more towards Mrs Harper and all her sheep..

Stone Sheep Steve
12-21-2017, 10:45 PM

Treeing cougars is the best way to positively identify the sex which ensures fewer females are shot.

Islander30
12-21-2017, 11:28 PM

Wow after whats has just happened with the grizzly hunt, you make a statement like this ! If you are not a troll then you are extremely selfish and insensitive to other hunters. I never even hunted grizzly bear and yet I have been just sick to my stomach ever since I heard the news of the total ban annonuced on monday. I cant imagine how the grizzly hunters and outfitters must be feeling !

I have never hunted cougar either but I can easily see the sport of it is about the hounds, the probably countless hours of training and devotion that goes into making good cougar hounds, seems very sporting to me...and if it didnt Id keep my selfish thoughts to myself !

And as far as the cat being terriefied up in the tree, well big f'ing deal, you should so how cruel my cat is to mice, she frigging torments them to death and then doesnt even eat them cause I feed her to good......cats a god damn trophy hunter is what she is...lol !!

northof49
12-22-2017, 01:06 AM
Trolling from the start. Don’t waste your time fokes.

I'm going to be up in the vanderhoof area in the next coupes of weeks and I'd like to try to get a wolf or two! I was up there a few years ago and was told that the dump road up towards fort st james was a good place to look.

Any of you from around that area had any more luck in certain areas than others?!!? I've got my foxpro all set up and ready to go!

Thanks

The Hermit
12-22-2017, 01:18 AM
Wolf down. .perhaps your missing some points..you still got to physically keep up..or get to where the dogs and cougar are..takes effort to get there before cougar jumps or hurts the dogs..
There is the advantage of a treed cougar..you can judge if it's a male or female..if it is an adult..large and old or young inexperienced cat.you can decide to harvest your legal animal..or gather up the dogs and leave the cat go if it's young or female or?
The licenses..tags all contribute to the welfare of all animals. .non hunters don't contribute a single cent to big game well being.
Without dogs cougar hunting..lynx hunting would be pretty difficult I have heard of it being successful..but damn...tough go..
I was on a lynx hunt..i eventually arrived at the treed lynx..guide..very experienced guy said it was a male but a bit small..took some photos and we left..yes if he had been 5 pounds bigger. .i would have harvested him..however until I do find that large old male I have a great photo .
Biologists use hunters as a wildlife tool to manage these preditors in their ecological role in the grand scheme of things..
If you don't understand..that's OK. .it doesn't make the harvest less legal or less successful..you are entitled to your opinion..howeverif you ddon't like hunting..there are quilting forums..this is where hunting...all types of hunting are discussed and celebrated..where new hunters can come and learn....we need not scare these new hunters off with critical dismissive attitudes..
We need to stand together as hunters regardless of what and how we legally hunt.
Srupp

Another good post mate. thanks

Hublocker
12-22-2017, 09:51 AM
I don't think a handful of $30.00 cougar tags is going to make or break the economy of British Columbia.

Srupp

Wild one
12-22-2017, 09:53 AM
I don't think a handful of $30.00 cougar tags is going to make or break the economy of British Columbia.

Go hunts at 7-10k is a larger economic impact

Darksith
12-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Cougar.....

Brew
12-22-2017, 10:44 AM

its not quite as easy as you seem to think it is. I suggest you give it a try if the offer is ever extended to you.

Darksith
12-22-2017, 10:45 AM
You have no clue. Same with bear baiting too right? There is no work or sport or hunting involved. The bait station takes minutes to setup and you go shoot a bear the next day right?

Anyway that you can increase your ability to be selective in regards to which animal you harvest is the best. It is the best in regards to conservation and preservation of the population. It takes a lot of work to raise dogs, and I used to be against this type of hunt whether it was for bears or cougars, BUT as I have grown as a CONSERVATIONIST first and a hunter second I am beginning to realize that its not the how you hunt, but what you harvest that is the most important. I am not a TROPHY hunter, but I am a SELECTIVE hunter. I want to harvest the animal that has the most positive impact on the population I am hunting. This is how we need to rebrand hunting, its not a trophy its selective. There is reason behind it, it is easy to justify and it is hard to argue against when discussing with people that are not so keen on hunting or trophy hunting. We all need to retool how we discuss this type of thing, and we need to be lound in the public forum in a smart way to come across as a CONSERVATIONIST first and a hunter second.

Whonnock Boy
12-22-2017, 11:00 AM
I hate to throw a krink into cat hunting but.... if we are going to argue selectivity of the hunt in conjunction with population management, shouldn't harvest throughout all age classes be an accepted and supported practice in the world of cat hunting?

dana
12-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Because a large portion of you opened the door, slept with the devil and then gave him the keys to the house, we are now on the verge of loosing it all! They aren't just gunning for a ban on cougars, wolves, and blackbears, they are now so emboldened, they want an ban on moose and even sheep. Just read their comments on social media. This has been a huge victory for them. It is like when the snow queen killed Aslan. They have tasted blood and they are going for it all folks!

IronNoggin
12-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Why are you on this site? Simple question answer it truthfully.

Still waiting for an answer here...

But, after waiting long enough, I decided to have a boo at the entire post history of the anti in wolf's clothing.
Over half of that was on the grizzly thread, wherein she openly derided both science and hunters, while siding with those who wanted the hunt shut down.
Now appearing on this thread, with a very similar theme.

NEVER posted anything about any hunt, ever.
NEVER posted any pictures of herself "out there" ever.
NEVER discussed equipment types and usage (which is usually fairly common among newbies).
ALWAYS posts in controversy to the very premise of this forum...

In short, IMO,... A Troll.
Another to add to Jazzy's Closet Folks...

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/creepypasta/images/a/a9/Don%27t_Feed_the_Troll.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20140209013353

Cheers,
Nog

338win mag
12-22-2017, 01:48 PM
My guess is school (breeding ground for offshore stupidity) is out for Christmas holidays so... trolls like Wolfdown and others have nothing better to do right now.
Christmas is probably offensive too.

REMINGTON JIM
12-22-2017, 02:01 PM
Because a large portion of you opened the door, slept with the devil and then gave him the keys to the house, we are now on the verge of loosing it all! They aren't just gunning for a ban on cougars, wolves, and blackbears, they are now so emboldened, they want an ban on moose and even sheep. Just read their comments on social media. This has been a huge victory for them. It is like when the snow queen killed Aslan. They have tasted blood and they are going for it all folks!

Welcome back DANA ! I think you are 100 % correct in your statement - UNFORTUNATELY for ALL of Us ! :icon_frow RJ

Rackmastr
12-22-2017, 02:17 PM
I hate to throw a krink into cat hunting but.... if we are going to argue selectivity of the hunt in conjunction with population management, shouldn't harvest throughout all age classes be an accepted and supported practice in the world of cat hunting?

I know of several female cats killed each year. That being said, in mosr jurisdictions the wildlife managers are setting tighter quotas on female harvest. Depends on the area and the goal I'm guessing. I'd say there is a good harvest in both younger and both sexes of cats. I'd guess that with lynx and bobcat the numbers are likely similar

Bugle M In
12-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Glad to see you back Dana....obviously people are considering to "stand together" once again.

Whonnock Boy
12-22-2017, 04:12 PM
Would be nice to see the hard data, not that I don't believe you, just an interesting topic.

I know of several female cats killed each year. That being said, in mosr jurisdictions the wildlife managers are setting tighter quotas on female harvest. Depends on the area and the goal I'm guessing. I'd say there is a good harvest in both younger and both sexes of cats. I'd guess that with lynx and bobcat the numbers are likely similar

dana
12-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Glad to see you back Dana....obviously people are considering to "stand together" once again.
I told everyone years ago that they needed to stand together united. And for that I was made the enemy. Many many lies were told about me. My family and I were threatened by many on this very board. Do you think I am here now to play nice? Not on your life! The bullies have to go!!! They ran things way to long. And they epically failed!!! I will give them the exact same mantra that they gave me. You are either for us or you are against us. Time to plug the holes in this sinking ship. Those who ran us into the ground need to leave and go play with their friends at the Raincoast Society. #friendsdontletfriendsvotendp #friendsdontletfriendsvotegreen

LBM
12-22-2017, 05:01 PM
I told everyone years ago that they needed to stand together united. And for that I was made the enemy. Many many lies were told about me. My family and I were threatened by many on this very board. Do you think I am here now to play nice? Not on your life! The bullies have to go!!! They ran things way to long. And they epically failed!!! I will give them the exact same mantra that they gave me. You are either for us or you are against us. Time to plug the holes in this sinking ship. Those who ran us into the ground need to leave and go play with their friends at the Raincoast Society. #friendsdontletfriendsvotendp #friendsdontletfriendsvotegreen

Your family and yourself were threatened by many, is there any chance you can elaborate any on that.

Rackmastr
12-22-2017, 05:03 PM

Good to see ya back Dana and great post

I am seeing some lights of working together in the fundraiser I have been involved with, and it's very clear in the past year or two that our downfall has been the battle that has separated us that many are not ready to move on from. Hopefully it's glaringly obvious that it's time to unite and move forward together!!!

Whonnock Boy
12-22-2017, 05:09 PM
https://scontent.fyvr3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/25975333_10155243672137194_200159128_n.png?oh=aca3 6c2b0b05af9200377c8a4122f134&oe=5A402464

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/2/AACtBQvhp2sGBsiPtAqJfAX2X44MiEFUr58kCLdysBVYSQ/12/651676248/png/32x32/3/1514005200/0/2/team.png/EMGbz6YFGCMgBygH/I8n0s3uqnssjmAXbGC8KFSxREg8wWPinaXaKsBm9hZk?dl=0&preserve_transparency=1&size=800x600&size_mode=3

Maybe one of the two copy and pastes worked, maybe neither of them did. Either way, here's a link to it.

Not a lot of trust floating around these days.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/liaadfp1xgf1ngv/team.png?dl=0 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/liaadfp1xgf1ngv/team.png?dl=0)

I am seeing some lights of working together in the fundraiser I have been involved with, and it's very clear in the past year or two that our downfall has been the battle that has separated us that many are not ready to move on from. Hopefully it's glaringly obvious that it's time to unite and move forward together!!!

Rackmastr
12-22-2017, 05:43 PM
I didn't say we needed to be a team...I said we needed to work together and move forward. I am not concerned with petty politics, people's individual lack of trust, or any other excuses. Those that wish to make excuses will continue to play those games. I know what I've seen and it's a start to working together, that's enough for me. From what I've seen it's been all positive with those that wish to make things happen and work together.

I have no time for the ones making excuses. Working together is the first step, sitting at the table, building relationships and talking about strengths and ways to unite and get the naysayers either on board or the hell outta the way....

scoutlt1
12-22-2017, 09:25 PM
I fear that we are "losing the war", even though we may win some "battles".

We are up against a true monster. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I think that is the case.

Hunters are being studied. Constantly. Our facial expressions on pictures that we take when we harvest an animal are being analyzed. We are being described by "doctors" like Darimont of the RCF with comments like... “Even the everyday hunter who targets larger ‘trophy’ deer pays the costs of passing up smaller, more abundant deer that could fill their freezers,” added Dr. Darimont. “Whether they realise it or not, they are hunting for status.” Status is universally important to men because it attracts mates and wards off competition...
From the "WIlderness Committee"....."We are grateful that the government has finally stepped up to do what the people have asked for which is an end to this barbaric, bloody sport hunt," Foy said in a release. (Sounds like AW)
Kyle Artell..."He and colleagues from the Raincoast Conservation Foundation are running a long-term ecological monitoring project in Heiltsuk territory and beyond, part of which involves setting up hair snags to non-invasively capture hairs from black and grizzly bears."
"The paper concludes by asking how the widespread shaming directed at trophy hunters since Cecil’s death might influence the future of trophy hunting. The perceived benefits of costly signaling might be eroded by shaming, which tends to erode status,” Darimont adds.
From the Green Party...“After years of work on this file, my colleagues and I are absolutely overjoyed this decision has finally been made,” said Adam Olsen, Green MLA for Saanich North and the Islands. (Years of work???? Absolutely overjoyed??? Any comments AW??)

Online, here (for example), we are being infiltrated and corrupted by the likes of jass/alena and others....

Personally, I think the Casavants of the world are the ones we have to concern ourselves with, and focus on, the most. Bureaucrats that (unfortunately) drive political policy.

A quote from Raincoast... "Science can predict outcomes of policy options, but how society ought to act is ultimately decided by values".

What a scary effing thought! :mad:

We are moving, full speed ahead, to a future that will be determined by political parties (municipal, provincial,and federal) that are forging ahead with the "support" of special interest groups that are backed up by the so called "educated elite" of our "institutions of higher learning", all of whom have an agenda of putting a stop to hunting and gun ownership.

I'm truly worried about what will be "banned" next....

Stone Sheep Steve
12-22-2017, 10:40 PM
I fear that we are "losing the war", even though we may win some "battles".

We are up against a true monster. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I think that is the case.

Hunters are being studied. Constantly. Our facial expressions on pictures that we take when we harvest an animal are being analyzed. We are being described by "doctors" like Darimont of the RCF with comments like... “Even the everyday hunter who targets larger ‘trophy’ deer pays the costs of passing up smaller, more abundant deer that could fill their freezers,” added Dr. Darimont. “Whether they realise it or not, they are hunting for status.” Status is universally important to men because it attracts mates and wards off competition...
From the "WIlderness Committee"....."We are grateful that the government has finally stepped up to do what the people have asked for which is an end to this barbaric, bloody sport hunt," Foy said in a release. (Sounds like AW)
Kyle Artell..."He and colleagues from the Raincoast Conservation Foundation are running a long-term ecological monitoring project in Heiltsuk territory and beyond, part of which involves setting up hair snags to non-invasively capture hairs from black and grizzly bears."
"The paper concludes by asking how the widespread shaming directed at trophy hunters since Cecil’s death might influence the future of trophy hunting. The perceived benefits of costly signaling might be eroded by shaming, which tends to erode status,” Darimont adds.
From the Green Party...“After years of work on this file, my colleagues and I are absolutely overjoyed this decision has finally been made,” said Adam Olsen, Green MLA for Saanich North and the Islands. (Years of work???? Absolutely overjoyed??? Any comments AW??)

Online, here (for example), we are being infiltrated and corrupted by the likes of jass/alena and others....

Personally, I think the Casavants of the world are the ones we have to concern ourselves with, and focus on, the most. Bureaucrats that (unfortunately) drive political policy.

A quote from Raincoast... "Science can predict outcomes of policy options, but how society ought to act is ultimately decided by values".

What a scary effing thought! :mad:

We are moving, full speed ahead, to a future that will be determined by political parties (municipal, provincial,and federal) that are forging ahead with the "support" of special interest groups that are backed up by the so called "educated elite" of our "institutions of higher learning", all of whom have an agenda of putting a stop to hunting and gun ownership.

I'm truly worried about what will be "banned" next....

Adam Olsen is not good news.

scoutlt1
12-22-2017, 11:16 PM
Adam Olsen is not good news.

Absolutely not.......

LBM
12-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Dana any answer to post #119 yet.

dana
12-23-2017, 01:54 PM
LBM, I learned years ago not to feed specific trolls on this site.

bearvalley
12-23-2017, 02:10 PM
Good to see ya back Dana and great post

There are a lot of guys working their butts off towards the good of wildlife.
Theres a few that have manipulated our division to their own personal benefit.
They are hero’s to some...but not mine.
I believe dana has figured it out, others have and before we all can work together as a team these underminers need to go.

LBM
12-23-2017, 05:06 PM
LBM, I learned years ago not to feed specific trolls on this site.

Interesting you come back from a absence start blaming others for the downfall, saying how you were threatened and treated unfairly
and immediately start attacking people. So no different then the people your complaining about.
You haven't really changed.

horshur
12-23-2017, 05:14 PM
I believe dana has figured it out, others have and before we all can work together as a team these underminers need to go.
We need to drain the swamp.lol

dana
12-23-2017, 05:17 PM
We need to drain the swamp.lol
Exactly!!!! Hahaha

pg83
12-23-2017, 05:36 PM
I voted other. We need to quit acting like little kids in a sandbox and focus on conservation of British Columbia's wildlife in general.

con·ser·va·tion
ˌkänsərˈvāSH(ə)n/Submit
noun
the action of conserving something, in particular.
preservation, protection, or restoration of the natural environment, natural ecosystems, vegetation, and wildlife.
synonyms: preservation, protection, safeguarding, safekeeping; More
preservation, repair, and prevention of deterioration of archaeological, historical, and cultural sites and artifacts.

Wild one
12-23-2017, 06:11 PM

Lots of guys who left this forum share this view ^^

On a good note more and more hunters are realizing division is our weakness and it needs to end

Wild one
12-23-2017, 06:20 PM
Double post oops

horshur
12-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Lots of guys who left this forum share this view ^^

On a good note more and more hunters are realizing division is our weakness and it needs to end
Only thing is are the right guys getting it? I am not confident they are. There is evidence that suggest the Fed is led by members who's world view aligns closer the David Suzuki,raincoast and sierra club. So do you want to unite with them? Make friendly with Weaver? Who invited him anyway?

Wild one
12-23-2017, 06:52 PM
Only thing is are the right guys getting it? I am not confident they are. There is evidence that suggest the Fed is led by members who's world view aligns closer the David Suzuki,raincoast and sierra club. So do you want to unite with them? Make friendly with Weaver? Who invited him anyway?

To be polite the Fed is not impressing myself and many others for sometime

I also believe we will not see the division end with the Fed representing RH too much bad blood here.

A new organization to represent all BC hunters is needed

dana
12-23-2017, 07:59 PM
It seems to me that for many here, the status quo is good enough. Lets just put our heads in the sand with our asses upward and let the NDP have their way with us. I thought more would be worked up over the fact that their hunting heritage has just gone down the toliet but still the old guard is giving everyone the evil eye and telling them not to step out of line. They all certainly got worked up in 2014/2015 and were political then. Now, oh, I don't want drama. It bothers me. WOW!!! It truly is a sad state of affairs when ol Paddy is their voice. Wake The F#ck up People!!! Let's fight tooth and nail to keep our hunting rights and heritage! I can tell you the status quo ain't going to cut it and you will indeed loose everything!

leadpillproductions
12-23-2017, 08:16 PM
I for one am pissed right off

It seems to me that for many here, the status quo is good enough. Lets just put our heads in the sand with our asses upward and let the NDP have their way with us. I thought more would be worked up over the fact that their hunting heritage has just gone down the toliet but still the old guard is giving everyone the evil eye and telling them not to step out of line. They all certainly got worked up in 2014/2015 and were political then. Now, oh, I don't want drama. It bothers me. WOW!!! It truly is a sad state of affairs when ol Paddy is their voice. Wake The F#ck up People!!! Let's fight tooth and nail to keep our hunting rights and heritage! I can tell you the status quo ain't going to cut it and you will indeed loose everything!

bearvalley
12-23-2017, 08:18 PM
To be polite the Fed is not impressing myself and many others for sometime

I also believe we will not see the division end with the Fed representing RH too much bad blood here.

A new organization to represent all BC hunters is needed

You’ve pretty much hit a home run here!

dana
12-23-2017, 08:29 PM
I for one am pissed right off
Good to hear!!! The more people we can get pissed off, the better it will be. Let's start pushing the buttons and get as many people as we can Pissed about what is happening!!!

Wild one
12-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Good to hear!!! The more people we can get pissed off, the better it will be. Let's start pushing the buttons and get as many people as we can Pissed about what is happening!!!

No lack of pissed off hunters

lack of direction on the other hand is an issue

leadpillproductions
12-23-2017, 08:37 PM
My thoughts 100% , we need a plan and run with it

dana
12-23-2017, 08:46 PM

And that is why I am here. Lets get that Direction! Don't know if this site will be a good staging ground for getting that direction though. Is there enough people still here that we can work with. Seems many here are still being handled by the old guard and are like sheep being lead to the slaughter. Do you think this is the place where like mannered hunters can talk plans and acheive goals? Is this a place where like mannered people can let off some steam and just talk hunting and the good ol'days again? Not sure. Still feeling it out. One thing is for certain, a direction is needed and like mannered hunters need to assemble and sort this $hit out.

Wild one
12-23-2017, 08:47 PM

Well thought out one

last time hunters got pissed and tried to do something about it motivation was there but it was a mess. The results we got speak for it

dana
12-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Well thought out one

last time hunters got pissed and tried to do something about it motivation was there but it was a mess. The results we got speak for it

That is because the motivation and action was all built on lies and deceit. Pitting hunter against hunter. This time, those that want division need to get out of our F#ckin way. Outfitters, Residents, Guides, First Nations, Trappers. We all need to come up with a plan to end the facist's grasp on power and take our herritage back. If you are not for a Unified Voice, then you must be one thing, an Anti-hunter. Time to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

bearvalley
12-23-2017, 09:00 PM

My suggestion is that legal advice takes a hard look at the “HUNTING AND FISHING HERITAGE ACT”.

We then have the NDP/Greens ban of the grizzly invalidated due to the closure being completely unjustified.

I’m not a lawyer but the way I read it the Hunting and Fishing Heritage Act is a contract between us, the citizens of BC and the Crown.

I believe the NDP/Green has crossed the line with their unilateral decision to end the grizzly hunt.

Our own provincial bioligists, the people we entrust to manage our wildlife have said this hunt is sustainably valid.
I have personally been in attendance at recent wildlife meetings where these same people that are to manage our wildlife have stated that they were told to keep silent on the grizzly bear issue.

Anyone that is not happy with the grizzly closure should be addressing their concerns to Judith Guichon our current Lieutenant Governor, she’s the one that granted Horgan the right to run this province....let her know how good he’s doing.

Wild one
12-23-2017, 09:01 PM
And that is why I am here. Lets get that Direction! Don't know if this site will be a good staging ground for getting that direction though. Is there enough people still here that we can work with. Seems many here are still being handled by the old guard and are like sheep being lead to the slaughter. Do you think this is the place where like mannered hunters can talk plans and acheive goals? Is this a place where like mannered people can let off some steam and just talk hunting and the good ol'days again? Not sure. Still feeling it out. One thing is for certain, a direction is needed and like mannered hunters need to assemble and sort this $hit out.

Many are handled and groomed along with many new hunters

But there is those like myself who have links to others who don’t post here or won’t post here anymore. Still guys who get bored and only read as well

Proper strategic direction rather then crashing forward angry you will have my attention and will gladly rally others

But won’t blindly follow an emotional poorly organized crusade like the allocation battle

Wild one
12-23-2017, 09:04 PM
My suggestion is that legal advice takes a hard look at the “HUNTING AND FISHING HERITAGE ACT”.

We then have the NDP/Greens ban of the grizzly invalidated due to the closure being completely unjustified.

I’m not a lawyer but the way I read it the Hunting and Fishing Heritage Act is a contract between us, the citizens of BC and the Crown.

I believe the NDP/Green has crossed the line with their unilateral decision to end the grizzly hunt.

Our own provincial bioligists, the people we entrust to manage our wildlife have said this hunt is sustainably valid.
I have personally been in attendance at recent wildlife meeting where these same people that are to manage our wildlife have stated that they were to keep silent on the grizzly bear issue.

Anyone that is not happy with the grizzly closure should be addressing their concerns to Judith Guichon our current Lieutenant Governor, she’s the one that granted Horgan the right to run this province....let her know how good he’s doing.

Now this is something that is worth looking at

Be very interested on where we legally stand here

bearvalley
12-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Now this is something that is worth looking at

Be very interested on where we legally stand here

Its being considered Wild one....

dana
12-23-2017, 09:20 PM
I agree 100%. I actually just want to find as many like minded folks as I can and together we can find the skills and leadership that will do something meaningful in this crazy time as a British Columbian. I have many contacts. Many residents that were bullied off this very board. And I have formed many new friendships with guides and outfitters and numerous resident hunters and First Nation members. We need to get the word out to everyone who we know to be like minded and get something on the go. Grassroots, unified with all stake holders. A new Era to steal the words from John.

leadpillproductions
12-23-2017, 09:25 PM
Sign me up , have 4 in my house alone , even have a native wife pissed about it

HappyJack
12-23-2017, 09:49 PM
I agree 100%. I actually just want to find as many like minded folks as I can and together we can find the skills and leadership that will do something meaningful in this crazy time as a British Columbian. I have many contacts. Many residents that were bullied off this very board. And I have formed many new friendships with guides and outfitters and numerous resident hunters and First Nation members. We need to get the word out to everyone who we know to be like minded and get something on the go. Grassroots, unified with all stake holders. A new Era to steal the words from John.

Control will be your first issue. Using this board leaves control of everything in the hands of the mods/owner of this site. imho

A separate venue is needed for those interested in going ahead.

dana
12-23-2017, 09:56 PM
Control will be your first issue. Using this board leaves control of everything in the hands of the mods/owner of this site. imho

That is exactly what I was feeling out. I think your right. My little experiement has told many things. And all I needed to do was come back and be myself. Hahaha!

bearvalley
12-23-2017, 10:00 PM

dana, there’s a lot of people on the same page....the book just hasn’t been wrote yet.

HappyJack
12-23-2017, 10:01 PM
The second issue will be to develop a plan of action, to fail to plan, is to plan to fail. The hard part will be gaining a consensus on what direction the action will take.

bearvalley
12-23-2017, 10:03 PM

You must be another one that gets infraction warnings from a certain mod for speaking out against the “chosen ones”.

dana
12-23-2017, 10:04 PM
I think the consensus will be easy, kick these F#ckers out of power!

dana
12-23-2017, 10:06 PM
You must be another one that gets infraction warnings from a certain for speaking out against the “chosen ones”.
Infractions? Seriously? Back in my day it was a full on Ban! Hahaha.

HappyJack
12-23-2017, 10:16 PM
You must be another one that gets infraction warnings from a certain mod for speaking out against the “chosen ones”.

I don't recall getting one recently.

bearvalley
12-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Infractions? Seriously? Back in my day it was a full on Ban! Hahaha.

Yeah...been that route as well.

Pretty damn pathetic when you think about it....but that’s what a guy gets when he doesn’t ride for the “brand”.

The funny part is that back in the heart of the allocation issue I banged heads with the Fed reps as hard as any on here, we were not friends.

Today I call several of these guys my friends....they are no longer part of the crew driving the Fed bus.

They still care and are contributing to the betterment of wildlife and our ability to access it.

Go figure.....

dana
12-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Yeah...been that route as well.

Pretty damn pathetic when you think about it....but that’s what a guy gets when he doesn’t ride for the “brand”.

The funny part is that back in the heart of the allocation issue I banged heads with the Fed reps as hard as any on here, we were not friends.

Today I call several of these guys my friends....they are no longer part of the crew driving the Fed bus.

They still care and are contributing to the betterment of wildlife and our ability to access it.

Go figure.....

That is exactly what I've been wanting to hear!

gcreek
12-24-2017, 07:50 AM
If we are going to push for realistic predator management and cut back on ungulate tags where populations are distressed, I am 100% with you Dana.

So at this year I have spent $7000 of my own dollars killing wolves. There are still lots out there. I get thanks for the effort but no one has offered to open their wallet yet.

Wild one
12-24-2017, 08:47 AM
If we are going to push for realistic predator management and cut back on ungulate tags where populations are distressed, I am 100% with you Dana.

So at this year I have spent $7000 of my own dollars killing wolves. There are still lots out there. I get thanks for the effort but no one has offered to open their wallet yet.

I agree with both of the issues you bring forth and they should be addressed at an MU level instead of regional so efforts are applied to the areas that truly need it

With our president govt getting them to step up predator wise is going to be like pulling teeth. This does not mean that nothing can be done here. It may not make a large scale impact but supporting trappers on their issues is a good starting point. I know for a fact the laws/regulation are in place to deal with most of the things that restrict trapping.

This is not the level of impact you hope for I understand. Once our present govt is voted out I would say stronger push on govt to get involved is more likely to achieve results

This is not talking down the predator issues you face or the value of dealing with predator issues in B.C.. This is my thoughts on the likely hood of achieving results with or present govt on predator issues

Its about being strategic and achieving results. Sometimes you need to take a indirect approach to take a small bite out of an issue and wait for a time things are more in favour of achieving max results then strike hard on the issue

Wild one
12-24-2017, 08:55 AM
This is where hunters need to realize that we need to think beyond demands and focus on how to achieve results.

We have years of making big demands and having big dreams which is good. But we need to stop ignoring the ways we can pick away at big issues winning small battles well trying to make big changes

LBM
12-24-2017, 09:21 AM
That is because the motivation and action was all built on lies and deceit. Pitting hunter against hunter. This time, those that want division need to get out of our F#ckin way. Outfitters, Residents, Guides, First Nations, Trappers. We all need to come up with a plan to end the facist's grasp on power and take our herritage back. If you are not for a Unified Voice, then you must be one thing, an Anti-hunter. Time to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Interesting in other posts you say everyone is bullied and led around like sheep and they are no good. Now you want them to follow you and if they don't they are an anti hunter.
So neither group is different really both are being bullied told to follow someone who thinks they are the best. Now the BCWF does throw out a incentive of quad insurance if you join them and you throw out the incentive of you will show people your pictures. Who to choose.
Personally im more concerned about wildlife and think that's what it should be about, Ive asked many times if there is an organization that is actually concerned about them and never get an answer except for the sheep foundation groups.
Why are the people more concerned about there personal egos then the wildlife.

gcreek
12-24-2017, 09:30 AM
I agree with both of the issues you bring forth and they should be addressed at an MU level instead of regional so efforts are applied to the areas that truly need it

With our president govt getting them to step up predator wise is going to be like pulling teeth. This does not mean that nothing can be done here. It may not make a large scale impact but supporting trappers on their issues is a good starting point. I know for a fact the laws/regulation are in place to deal with most of the things that restrict trapping.

This is not the level of impact you hope for I understand. Once our present govt is voted out I would say stronger push on govt to get involved is more likely to achieve results

This is not talking down the predator issues you face or the value of dealing with predator issues in B.C.. This is my thoughts on the likely hood of achieving results with or present govt on predator issues

Its about being strategic and achieving results. Sometimes you need to take a indirect approach to take a small bite out of an issue and wait for a time things are more in favour of achieving max results then strike hard on the issue

Well aware of all you stated. One can never give up hope that deaf ears will someday miraculously open and take heed.

Wild one
12-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Well aware of all you stated. One can never give up hope that deaf ears will someday miraculously open and take heed.

I agree

Nothing wrong with testing the waters to see if you can be heard

dana
12-24-2017, 09:38 AM

Agree full heartedly with you. Have you seen what Proguide is proposing with funding to help him Predator control? Thinking outside the box with a refreshing new idea.

bearvalley
12-24-2017, 09:49 AM
Agree full heartedly with you. Have you seen what Proguide is proposing with funding to help him Predator control? Thinking outside the box with a refreshing new idea.

dana, I’d be interested in what Proguide is doing.
There’s other stuff in the works for predator work as well.
It will be a lot more effective than cut & paste articles off the web.

gcreek
12-24-2017, 09:59 AM

No I haven't. Link please?

dana
12-24-2017, 10:08 AM
No I haven't. Link please?
I've got him on my FB and IG. Pretty sure they don't link uo on this ancient web design. Probably can find his info on his site though. Howtohunt.com It would be worth connecting up with him and chatting because he has been doing exactly what you have been doing. Sinking his own money into predator control.

boxhitch
12-24-2017, 11:24 AM
That is because the motivation and action was all built on lies and deceit. Pitting hunter against hunter. This time, those that want division need to get out of our F#ckin way. Outfitters, Residents, Guides, First Nations, Trappers. We all need to come up with a plan to end the facist's grasp on power and take our herritage back. If you are not for a Unified Voice, then you must be one thing, an Anti-hunter. Time to seperate the wheat from the chaff.And that point of view is part of the problem. You still think the allocation dispute was between user groups and not RHunters vs a distasteful gov't decision that was about to come down the pipe. RH's wanted a proper share and said so. A few took things to extemes but if you ask around really there is no more animosity toward Non-r hunters or g/o's than there was ever. The Gov't still went ahead with their decision and most everyone walked away resigned to the new splits and have never given the issue another regard, others changed their political vote and look where that got us. Others are like a dog with a rag and keep chewing.
"lies and deceit" ?
"need to get out of our F#ckin way" ??

Maybe you and your bully-bud need to take it outside and resolve that without trying to bolster a gang for support.

Wild one
12-24-2017, 11:59 AM
And that point of view is part of the problem. You still think the allocation dispute was between user groups and not RHunters vs a distasteful gov't decision that was about to come down the pipe. RH's wanted a proper share and said so. A few took things to extemes but if you ask around really there is no more animosity toward Non-r hunters or g/o's than there was ever. The Gov't still went ahead with their decision and most everyone walked away resigned to the new splits and have never given the issue another regard, others changed their political vote and look where that got us. Others are like a dog with a rag and keep chewing.
"lies and deceit" ?
"need to get out of our F#ckin way" ??

Maybe you and your bully-bud need to take it outside and resolve that without trying to bolster a gang for support.

Sadly there are many who made that fight between user groups and a flawed smear champagne was used

If it would have been approached properly and focused on the government instead of non stop slander and misinformation we would not be in such a divided state. This was fueled by some as they tried to make RH look like needy victims

I would say that relations between user groups is improving but still many are running on anger and misinformation. It rises up on this forum at times where you see RH who still try to carry that hatchet rather then burry it

Now yes there is animosity towards those who created this divide and fed it. There is those who have had enough of the BS of the past

Bully is in the eye of the beholder ones personal views will dictate who you label with that title

Many on this forum need to realize a lot of what is flogged on here is a fraction of the hunting communities views and a lot of biased information and views are pushed here being claimed as fact or majority opinion

Rotorwash
12-24-2017, 12:53 PM
It'll be cougars next I'm sure, lots of people don't get the hunting with dogs thing. Or black bears.

We need a new party in bc. One that actually gives a **** about anything other than the lower mainland and Twitter likes

dana
12-24-2017, 01:00 PM
Sadly there are many who made that fight between user groups and a flawed smear champagne was used

If it would have been approached properly and focused on the government instead of non stop slander and misinformation we would not be in such a divided state. This was fueled by some as they tried to make RH look like needy victims

I would say that relations between user groups is improving but still many are running on anger and misinformation. It rises up on this forum at times where you see RH who still try to carry that hatchet rather then burry it

Now yes there is animosity towards those who created this divide and fed it. There is those who have had enough of the BS of the past

Bully is in the eye of the beholder ones personal views will dictate who you label with that title

Many on this forum need to realize a lot of what is flogged on here is a fraction of the hunting communities views and a lot of biased information and views are pushed here being claimed as fact or majority opinion

Amen!!! Being away from this site for as long as I have, i had many many good discussion with many from all camps. Seems the consensus of anger now isn't focused at one user group or another, seems anger is focused on the instigator of the division. A theory is being thrown around that he is actually a mole working for the Antis. Having seen his Green Agenda preached daily on social media, i might have to concur with that theory.

Wild one
12-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Dana I know more then what I expose on here and won’t do to personal code

bearvalley
12-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Amen!!! Being away from this site for as long as I have, i had many many good discussion with many from all camps. Seems the consensus of anger now isn't focused at one user group or another, seems anger is focused on the instigator of the division. A theory is being thrown around that he is actually a mole working for the Antis. Having seen his Green Agenda preached daily on social media, i might have to concur with that theory.
Why in the hell did you go away for 3 years?
You would have been some help on here.
I tend to like the words fox & rat, other than mole.

dana
12-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Why in the hell did you go away for 3 years?
You would have been some help on here.
I tend to like the words fox & rat, other than mole.

I haven't been away. You see there is this great big world out there that is beyond HBC. Hahaha.

gcreek
12-24-2017, 01:33 PM
I've got him on my FB and IG. Pretty sure they don't link uo on this ancient web design. Probably can find his info on his site though. Howtohunt.com It would be worth connecting up with him and chatting because he has been doing exactly what you have been doing. Sinking his own money into predator control.

Haha, I'll look him up once FB verifies I am who I am. I got hacked yesterday.

Merry Christmas Dana.

dana
12-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Haha, I'll look him up once FB verifies I am who I am. I got hacked yesterday.

Merry Christmas Dana.

Merry Christmas to you as well!!!

caddisguy
12-24-2017, 01:52 PM

I'll second that! Steve Isdahl / proguide66 has a lot of really good tutorials for all different species, whether it be wolves, sheep or blacktail... many publicly available on his YouTube channel and others on his app. He has made a lot of good posts on here too, especially for blacktail hunting... lots of golden nuggets.

bearvalley
12-24-2017, 02:04 PM
I haven't been away. You see there is this great big world out there that is beyond HBC. Hahaha.
Lol.
Theres a real big world other than here!
Seems that some on this sight are just on a mission to screw it up for others!
Merry Christmas dana!

dana
12-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Lol.
Theres a real big world other than here!
Seems that some on this sight are just on a mission to screw it up for others!
Merry Christmas dana!
HaHaHa! Merry Christmas to you as well!

HarryToolips
12-24-2017, 03:27 PM
But at least the Liberals did plan to devote all wildlife funding back into wildlife...we were what one? seat away from having the best thing for wildlife actually happen in this province, and instead were getting a hunt taken away, one for an apex pred that needs to be controlled, contrary to the typical anti's popular belief..the Liberals were also apparently doing some aerial shooting of wolves in some areas, or so I heard...

gcreek
12-24-2017, 05:59 PM
But at least the Liberals did plan to devote all wildlife funding back into wildlife...we were what one? seat away from having the best thing for wildlife actually happen in this province, and instead were getting a hunt taken away, one for an apex pred that needs to be controlled, contrary to the typical anti's popular belief..the Liberals were also apparently doing some aerial shooting of wolves in some areas, or so I heard...

But But But those that voted Green or No Damn Plan just want all this swept under the rug...............

BC Liberals and Stephen Harper were really mean you know.

horshur
12-24-2017, 06:14 PM

who was the main cheerleader? Where is he now? How the hell can anyone move past until he moves on..

LBM
12-24-2017, 06:29 PM
who was the main cheerleader? Where is he now? How the hell can anyone move past until he moves on..

Sounds like you know so who is it, and where is he. Whats up with all the secrecy on every thing, sounds like the back room dealings that people complained of in the past.

boxhitch
12-24-2017, 07:01 PM
who was the main cheerleader? Where is he now? How the hell can anyone move past until he moves on..You really believe there is a 'ring leader'? a single entity to dig out? Someone does, hope you don't too.

HarryToolips
12-24-2017, 10:03 PM
But But But those that voted Green or No Damn Plan just want all this swept under the rug...............

BC Liberals and Stephen Harper were really mean you know.
Your right, they do want it swept under a rug......well we all talk about hunters unifying, and having a strong voice and maintaining our hunting rights....I know the back door deal that the Liberals did was bad, but Christy is out now, and I think if we are all going to walk the walk and have a unified voice, we need to start by all being on the same page and vote BC Liberal...

RBH
12-24-2017, 11:59 PM
My answer is "none of the above". I get that people are upset about the grizzly hunt but that doesn't mean that hunting is on the way out. On the contrary, I see lots of younger (20's; 30's) hunters starting out and hunting having become 'cool' among urbanites -- a big change from 10 or 15 years ago. So relax and get out in the bush.

338win mag
12-25-2017, 07:40 AM
I hear alot of talk of hunters unifiying, curious, could someone please list those groups of hunters that need to unify?

chilcotin hillbilly
12-25-2017, 09:35 AM
I hear alot of talk of hunters unifiying, curious, could someone please list those groups of hunters that need to unify?

the user groups are broken down into guides, trappers and resident hunters

Guides include GOABC, Wildlife Stewardship Council (heavy FN representation), and the Tahltan Guides (heavy FN representation).

Resident hunters include everyone that hunts in the province, but are organized into different associations, like BCWF, Bowhunters, of BC, different Rod and Gun clubs.

The trappers all need to get on the bandwagon as they will be next.

Wild one
12-25-2017, 09:46 AM
the user groups are broken down into guides, trappers and resident hunters

Guides include GOABC, Wildlife Stewardship Council (heavy FN representation), and the Tahltan Guides (heavy FN representation).

Resident hunters include everyone that hunts in the province, but are organized into different associations, like BCWF, Bowhunters, of BC, different Rod and Gun clubs.

The trappers all need to get on the bandwagon as they will be next.

Add bowhunters to the list

need more coffee before reading lol

Wild one
12-25-2017, 09:51 AM
All user groups need to work on give and take rather then trying to hold the other back in hopes of benefiting them selves

bearvalley
12-25-2017, 09:54 AM

Just to clarify.....the Wildlife Stewardship Council consists of guides, FN’s and individuals that have a concern for wildlife.
The Tahltan Guide Outfitter Association is a regional group of guides.....approximately 25% of the membership is FN’s.
We all need to cut the segregation.
Thats what’s winning for the NDP/Greens...dividing hunters from non hunters and the further division into urban, rural and FN’s values.

northof49
12-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Thats what’s winning for the NDP/Greens...dividing hunters from non hunters and the further division into urban, rural and FN’s values.

^^^^^This......yes need one unified and organized voice carrying consistent message. Govmt, and society in general, typically doesn't listen to background noise from bunch of fokes with different opinions and individual agendas squabbling. Why would they. All that does is dilute the message.

chilcotin hillbilly
12-25-2017, 01:05 PM
Just to clarify.....the Wildlife Stewardship Council consists of guides, FN’s and individuals that have a concern for wildlife.
The Tahltan Guide Outfitter Association is a regional group of guides.....approximately 25% of the membership is FN’s.

Your right about the make up of the WSC, I should have added that.
I don't think there is segregation is near what it was, at least not compared to previous years. There is a push form all hunting groups to work for the same goal, at least in my opinion.
I really think most hunters in the province, FN, residents and the guides all want more animals on the ground, better wildlife management from government, and proper science based utilization of our wildlife.

Gateholio
12-25-2017, 01:51 PM
You really believe there is a 'ring leader'? a single entity to dig out? Someone does, hope you don't too.

Keyser Soze

This is now officially a conspiracy theory thread. :)

mpotzold
12-25-2017, 02:36 PM
As for other game I'm sure they will stop the wolf & other fur bearing animals hunt since they are not hunted for food.
The black bear hunt will stay since hunters for over 20 years are forced to take the meat home & there are way, way too many of them.

With the exception of the any black bear found in the GREAT BEAR RAIN FOREST area & its immediate area. The FN & the anti-hunters will use the argument that
"Every time you issue a tag for someone to shoot a black bear in the area , it could be carrying the recessive gene that produces the Kermode aka spirit bear”

Get ready for the management units including the immediate units to close for black bear hunting starting this coming spring.

scoutlt1
12-28-2017, 08:13 PM
http://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/lakritz-cats-out-of-the-bag-on-senseless-cougar-hunt

More stuff that is put out to the "general" public.

"Death by a thousand cuts" mean anything?

Bugle M In
12-29-2017, 02:12 PM
http://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/lakritz-cats-out-of-the-bag-on-senseless-cougar-hunt

More stuff that is put out to the "general" public.

"Death by a thousand cuts" mean anything?

Great way to put it!