PDA

View Full Version : 2018-2020 synopsis release date

chele
12-18-2017, 01:12 PM
Hey I have to book my 2018 holidays at work and I would like to know when is the 2018-2020 synopsis is going to be issued. The current synopsis covers up to June 2018.

Do you think any major changes will occur for the deer season in Vancouver Island? Or September 8th to December 9th will be most likely the rifle/shotgun open season?

New Bow Hunter
12-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Check previous issues and see if any drastic changes have occurred.
I don't see any changes will occur, unless this government decides to cancel all Provincial Hunting like the Grizzly Hunt.

Astepanuk
06-03-2018, 08:48 AM
Hey guys any news on release date or is it typically mid June.

Cat catcher
06-03-2018, 10:27 AM
They told me Thursday the minister still hadn’t made his decision yet so might be a few more days yet

Astepanuk
06-03-2018, 01:29 PM
They told me Thursday the minister still hadn’t made his decision yet so might be a few more days yet

Thanks we’re waiting for our Accompany to hunt permit and they won’t issue until the new Reg’s come out.

Cyrus
06-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Bag limit for deer will be changed

huntcoop
06-03-2018, 07:32 PM
Bag limit for deer will be changed

Mule deer bag limit - 1?

RyoTHC
06-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Yea I can't believe how late they are putting it out... Most everyone has to apply for holidays well in advance, giving us the regulations close to July is pretty ignorant.

wideopenthrottle
06-04-2018, 07:25 AM
I am in the lucky position of having Sept as a seniority date so hunting season always gets first stab at my Vac time...heheheh

Astepanuk
06-18-2018, 06:10 AM
Called the office in Smither's to ask about our Application still pending until these darn new regs come out anyone here anything of when we might see them pretty sure they have to be out before July 1st since the old one will be expired.

two-feet
06-18-2018, 07:29 AM
They will be out this week

RyoTHC
06-18-2018, 07:53 AM
Wouldn't hold your breathe. We have the most useless inefficient government in power. They are probably on a yoga retreat currently.

tyyota
06-18-2018, 08:33 AM
I spoke to a CO last week. They were given until June 11 to provide feedback on a pre-release copy. They say they plan to have online version released on or before June 19. Now we wait...

Astepanuk
06-18-2018, 09:19 AM
Good to hear once we get our accompany to hunt permit then we can get serious with planning and training.

IronNoggin
06-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Good to hear once we get our accompany to hunt permit then we can get serious with planning and training.

Wonder what the real reason is for you ladz' hold-up?
Had my Permit to Accompany approved a couple weeks back now...
Maybe you are thinking of an area that is going to be subject to change... or??? http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/Idunno.gif

Wondering...
Nog

Astepanuk
06-18-2018, 11:48 AM
yah that's what I'm worried about what animals did you apply for we pick Caribou and Mountain Goat I think it was the Caribou under scrutiny.

IronNoggin
06-18-2018, 05:58 PM
yah that's what I'm worried about what animals did you apply for we pick Caribou and Mountain Goat I think it was the Caribou under scrutiny.

Depends on the zone I'd guess.
I'd also guess it was the goats more than the caribou...

Our crew: Caribou, Elk, Moose & Black bear.

Cheers,
Nog

Bchunt
06-18-2018, 06:46 PM
The outfitters have been putting serious pressure on ending the permit to accompany. They believe every non resident should be with a guide. I wonder if there is some give back going to happen for the grizzly bear hunt cancellation. Cancel permit to accompany to force more use of outfitters. Never know with this government. All reasonable and rational thought is out the window.

We are in the same boat - applied months back for a pta. On hold pending the new regs. Perhaps it will be a no pta for species not on general open season, such as tine restricted Moose/deer/caribou.

Wild one
06-18-2018, 07:05 PM
The outfitters have been putting serious pressure on ending the permit to accompany. They believe every non resident should be with a guide. I wonder if there is some give back going to happen for the grizzly bear hunt cancellation. Cancel permit to accompany to force more use of outfitters. Never know with this government. All reasonable and rational thought is out the window.

We are in the same boat - applied months back for a pta. On hold pending the new regs. Perhaps it will be a no pta for species not on general open season, such as tine restricted Moses/deer/caribou.

Do you have any evidence on this or is it just people talking?

I know some guides are not a fan of pta and they have been shot down in the past

Bchunt
06-18-2018, 07:39 PM
Shot down with the liberals means this government may be in favour

look at it on a broad scope. There is absolutely no reason the hold up pta pending the new regulations. Regulations come and go all the time. LEH are already out, so nothing there to be holding up PTA (no pta for species in an leh zone). PTA have never been held up before. The only thing this can mean is substantial changes to the PTA are coming. Hmmmm what might it be?

srupp
06-18-2018, 07:48 PM
Hmm im headed to Alberta for hunter host for trophy mule deer and GOS whitetail..we should provide other hunters the same opportunity..fact is I cant afford $12,000 for inexpensive mule deer hunt...nor can the average Albertan hunter afford $20,000 caribou hunt...its not a big number.
Srupp

browningboy
06-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Im all honesty who cares about a an acompany etc.. lets just get the regs out so people can plan some shiet!

Wild one
06-18-2018, 08:33 PM
Shot down with the liberals means this government may be in favour

look at it on a broad scope. There is absolutely no reason the hold up pta pending the new regulations. Regulations come and go all the time. LEH are already out, so nothing there to be holding up PTA (no pta for species in an leh zone). PTA have never been held up before. The only thing this can mean is substantial changes to the PTA are coming. Hmmmm what might it be?

So speculation and your own personal opinion only

Possibility yes but just one of many in my opinion

IronNoggin
06-19-2018, 11:41 AM
... PTA have never been held up before. The only thing this can mean is substantial changes to the PTA are coming. Hmmmm what might it be?

Oh for ChriSakes. http://bigshotsbc.ca/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/Doh.gif

As I noted previously on this same thread, I have already received our multi-species PTA for 2 Albert Ladz to come & play over here.
Those included moose & caribou.

I also know of four other parties that have theirs in hand already as well.

Looking for conspiracies much?
I'd suggest if you don't have yours in hand already, you either screwed up on the application, asked for an LEH species, or one about to hit the no-fly list for non-residents.

Sheesh!
Nog

Bchunt
06-19-2018, 01:11 PM
No screw up. Applied months in advance. Called the office and they said all pta on hold pending the new regulations

IronNoggin
06-19-2018, 01:30 PM
... Called the office and they said all pta on hold pending the new regulations

Well - myself and the four other groups mentioned can certainly call bullshit on that! ;-)

Cheers,
Nog

Bchunt
06-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Well before you call bullshit, you may want to review this thread. Myself and astepanuk have both had the same issue, have both called, and both been given the same answer. I suspect there are other hunters in the same boat.

"No Choke"Lord Walsingham
06-19-2018, 03:09 PM
As of now, there is still nada posted up online as per these new regs... Hope this gov't does not last past this year! Hence, they may change even yet again. Change can happen at any time!

ROY-alty33
06-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Only the second 2 year regs,
But I don't remember when they were only one year when they came out. But I thought it was at least after the old one expires!
I don't recall though!

Steeleco
06-19-2018, 03:39 PM
Enough bickering! The regs will be out when the NDP are done with pipeline BS!!!!

RyoTHC
06-19-2018, 05:28 PM
When can we vote them out !?

Astepanuk
06-20-2018, 05:23 AM
Well - myself and the four other groups mentioned can certainly call bullshit on that! ;-)

Cheers,
Nog

No Bull Shit here just saying Called the office PTA Pending new reg's done deal enjoy your season.

IronNoggin
06-20-2018, 07:01 PM
No Bull Shit here just saying Called the office PTA Pending new reg's done deal enjoy your season.

I am actually surprised by this.
Right strange.
Please do let us know as it goes.
I'd be interested in chatting after it is all settled one way or another regarding zones & critter selections...

Hope your season goes well too, and that you get the right decision soon... ;)

Cheers,
Nog

ryanszeredi
06-25-2018, 01:05 PM
getting real close to july 1st, curious if they will be out before the end of the month at this point

SWRO
06-25-2018, 04:22 PM
It's online now: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/regulations-synopsis

Rhyno
06-25-2018, 04:32 PM
It's online now: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/regulations-synopsis

Thanks! Time to see what changed.

Ltbullken
06-25-2018, 05:52 PM
This reg on ATV’s in 3-28, 3-29 and 3-30 kinda caught my eye.
https://imgur.com/gallery/2v8Okn7

Mulehahn
06-25-2018, 06:30 PM
The change in Mule Deer bag limit in Region 3 is interesting... anyone with a doe LEH better take note.

06-25-2018, 06:30 PM
I'm (CLEARLY ~from previous HBC posts) not a fan of his Party... Yet Doug Donaldson has put forth what is surely among my favourite Ministers' Message segments in the history of the synopsis... Now, if he'd just give us back da Griz. :D

rocksteady
06-25-2018, 06:44 PM
You really think the minister understands management strategies??? He just signs off stuff cause he is told to.

If regional biologists, with input from COS and other users of the resource were given input and the ability to set seasons and bag limits it would be a whole different ball game

06-25-2018, 07:04 PM
ANDNope.

I just like extra Cougar opportunities near me and the money they spending on the four leggeds according to the thing.

06-25-2018, 07:08 PM
In all honesty, my guy!

Look... I dont figure anyone runnin' w/ND(no)peenz understands how2potty4dummiez.

His rhyme was nice. It's tricky to rock a rhyme that's right on time, ask Jelvis!

PS~

Give Griz back!!!

scotty30-06
06-25-2018, 07:30 PM
Pretty sure the regs came out today.

Jelvis
06-25-2018, 07:37 PM
What's the major changes to Reg 3's Muley plan?
Particularly 3-28 - 27 ?
If you notice something that catches your attention.
Jel -- mule deer -- reg 3 -- let's hear it loud and clearrrrrrr you don't need to hide hahahaha

corywilson13
06-25-2018, 08:02 PM
Anyone know where to buy cow moose urine produced in B.C.?

scoutlt1
06-25-2018, 08:12 PM
Anyone know where to buy cow moose urine produced in B.C.?

Lots of bullsh*t in 1-1 if that helps....

Ltbullken
06-25-2018, 10:35 PM
What's the major changes to Reg 3's Muley plan?
Particularly 3-28 - 27 ?
If you notice something that catches your attention.
Jel -- mule deer -- reg 3 -- let's hear it loud and clearrrrrrr you don't need to hide hahahaha

No ATV’s in 3-28, 3-29, and 3-30... should be some good whinging over that.

Jelvis
06-26-2018, 04:21 PM
ATV's? What besides quads is classed as a ATV? Just curious.
Jelvis -- thanks Lt. for the reply it makes it clearer -----------------

06-26-2018, 04:30 PM
So, to make clear for everyone ~In these new regs, for coming season until they change it up again, the Bag Limit for Mule Deer Buck (not Blacktail inclusive, true Mulies in the interior) is now one per Hunter per year.

DarekG
06-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Edited because I don't want to start an argument about ATV's specifically that's not the point I wanted to make.

Irregardless of how you feel about a certain demographic or sub-section of hunters none of us should take delight in the erosion of any rights, freedoms, or privileges we have for the sake of feeling smug after an online debate. When the government targets, restricts, bans, or makes any part of fishing or hunting harder we all lose.