PDA

View Full Version : Leupold vxr scopes

leadpillproductions
12-16-2017, 10:27 PM
Was wondering if anyone has any info on these scopes . Looking to get one and putting a target turret on it .

lowball
12-17-2017, 08:06 AM
I have three of them on hunting rifles. They are great scopes for the money.

Elkaddict
12-17-2017, 09:26 AM
I have a 2-7 X33. No complaints on the glass, and they’ve done a really nice job on the illuminated reticle. My only criticism is that the reticle is a little thicker than I’d like.Then again, it’s not really designed for precision work, and for use in thick dark stuff it works well.

twoSevenO
12-17-2017, 01:24 PM
I have a 2-7 X33. No complaints on the glass, and they’ve done a really nice job on the illuminated reticle. My only criticism is that the reticle is a little thicker than I’d like.Then again, it’s not really designed for precision work, and for use in thick dark stuff it works well.

I was thinking of getting a new scope for the blacktail rig, my 243. I currently have a VX-1 that's 10 years old on it. Illuminated reticle in a smaller package like 33mm seems perfect.

Do you have a pic or two of it through the tube so i can see what you mean by the reticle? They call it an illuminated duplex reticle, so not sure why it would be thicker than their standard duplex reticle. Would love to see if it would be a good fit for me.

Thinking the VXR 2-7x33 or maybe the VX-3i in 2.5-8x36.

Thanks!

Elkaddict
12-17-2017, 01:28 PM
On the road right now. Will try and take some pics when I get home. I have the ballistic fire dot on mine. It may be slightly thicker than the duplex.

lowball
12-17-2017, 01:29 PM
If you go on the Leupold web sight, you can see what the different reticles look like.

twoSevenO
12-17-2017, 01:33 PM
If you go on the Leupold web sight, you can see what the different reticles look like.

They are cartoonish drawings that are good to show you the differences in shapes between reticles, but terrible to show you how the reticles actually look like through the scope. And its especially difficult to show something like the illuminated dot accurately on a drawing.

twoSevenO
12-17-2017, 01:34 PM
On the road right now. Will try and take some pics when I get home. I have the ballistic fire dot on mine. It may be slightly thicker than the duplex.

Ahh, that might explain it. Still would like to see what it looks like in an actual photograph versus Leupold's drawing of it.

Thanks!

Brew
12-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Great scopes. My only complaint is I find the crosshairs a little to thick. That’s just me though