PDA

View Full Version : Norrish creek

natebavis
12-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Looking for a little info on the gate at 8?? Km up norrish creek. Been up there before but not for 2 years. Closed right now? Can I quad past it up into valley. Any info appreciated. Looking to spend a day up some roads next week before end of season

cheers Nate

Wentrot
12-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Closed nightly.

Wentrot
12-08-2017, 04:09 PM
Unless you mean the smaller gate to the left? That is on lockdown

natebavis
12-08-2017, 09:37 PM
I am inquiring about the big gate that brings a guy up into the valley

cheers

RackStar
12-08-2017, 09:41 PM
That was my goto place before I left LML.

spent many many many days there...

never been locked behind the gate. A good way to tell if the gate is in use is... look at how it slides shut, there’s a build up of dirt Infront of it. If it slid shut every night that would not be there.

And yes. You can quad past it easy.

Wentrot
12-09-2017, 07:13 AM
That was my goto place before I left LML.

spent many many many days there...

never been locked behind the gate. A good way to tell if the gate is in use is... look at how it slides shut, there’s a build up of dirt Infront of it. If it slid shut every night that would not be there.

And yes. You can quad past it easy.

I know of two people who got locked in just a few months ago, yes it’s not closed every single night but definitely be prepared for it to happen lol

plumberjustin
12-09-2017, 08:41 AM
I live just down the road and am up norrish a couple times a week, usually returning way past dark. I’ve never seen the gate at 8km locked since they installed the newer gates at the intake and water plant. You can get back around 19km to the powerlines road which will take you east or west for miles. The road used to continue to Dickson Lake, but is currently impassible due to blowdown. Tough area to hunt, but if you spend enough time in there, you’ll find the pockets holding deer. Lots of hiking involved, but they are in there......

ForestWalker10
12-09-2017, 06:43 PM
I didnt mean to make another norrish creek thread. but i was wondering about small game there such as rabbits and grouse. I havent seen much. are they not around or do i have to search harder?

plumberjustin
12-09-2017, 09:14 PM
I didnt mean to make another norrish creek thread. but i was wondering about small game there such as rabbits and grouse. I havent seen much. are they not around or do i have to search harder?
In all my time up there I’ve seen 3 rabbits and 2 grouse. Not really worth it as a dedicated small game spot.

ForestWalker10
12-09-2017, 10:15 PM
hmm ok. yeah ive seen 5 grouse and no rabbits. whatever. its been alot of fun exploring the area.

would you know of a location nearby? chehalis area you think?