PDA

View Full Version : 3 charged with poaching

Fisher-Dude
12-06-2017, 12:06 PM
3 charged with poaching

Colin Dacre - Dec 6, 2017 / 10:32 am | Story: 213361

https://www.castanet.net/content/2017/12/hunt_p3190786_p3271150.jpg
Photo: Contributed
Residents on Greyback Mountain Road reported an alleged poaching incident on Jan. 28, 2017

The B.C. Conservation Officer Service has had charges approved against three people in connection to an alleged poaching incident in Penticton’s Greyback Mountain Road area early this year.

Fred, Felix, and Cole Kruger have been charged with three counts for a January 29 incident where two elk were allegedly harvested on private land.

Residents complained to the COS immediately following the incident. Landowner Victoria Kryzanowski told Castanet at the time she’s never given permission to anyone to hunt on the land.

The three men are charged with discharging a firearm in a no shooting area, trespassing and illegally possessing dead wildlife.

One of the accused, Fred Kruger, was recently elected to Penticton Indian Band council.

PIB communications coordinator Dawn Russell said Fred was unable to comment until later in the week.

The men make their first court appearance Jan. 3, 2018.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/213361/3-charged-with-poaching

bigredchev
12-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Finally. This is a start to poachers

Knute
12-06-2017, 12:27 PM
Great. :confused:

But, are court rulings what these FN want? Expanded "rights" so they won't be called poachers? Merely exercising their "rights"...

Slope may just get more slippery. Today's political climate in Canada worries me.

Bugle M In
12-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Waiting to hear what the outcome will be?
Hopefully it can be followed up as to the outcome after to courts deal with it ... if they do?

pnbrock
12-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Charges will never stick and Justin will be apologizing for there inconvenience.

Ourea
12-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Can't wait to see what Grand Chief Stuart Phillips has to say about this.
He will be in front of a camera condemning this racist act and spin the whole thing as an injustice to First Nations.

Big Lew
12-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Don't be surprised if one day soon members of the indigenous community come onto your private,
posted, fenced property, and shoot any deer, moose, or elk.....and then if you try to stop them,
they'll have you charged with interfering with a hunt.

Ovis17
12-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Charges will never stick and Justin will be apologizing for there inconvenience.LOL, nailed it.

sumonda
12-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Charges will never stick and Justin will be apologizing for there inconvenience.

Not only apologize - He'll give them 10.5 million, a puppy and a pair of rainbow colored socks.. EACH!

Bugle M In
12-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Can't wait to see "what kinda a stupid" comments Fred Kruger does make when "he finds time to comment".!!??
That's when its going to get real offensive to us, as I am sure he will have some sort of "justification" for his illegal actions.

walks with deer
12-06-2017, 04:53 PM
he will smoke one with them first lol

Fisher-Dude
12-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Don't be surprised if one day soon members of the indigenous community come onto your private,
posted, fenced property, and shoot any deer, moose, or elk.....and then if you try to stop them,

But, but, but if they are hunting outside the Wildlife Act, then that interfering provision of the WA shouldn't apply, right?

12-06-2017, 05:11 PM
So how about the Big Mulie poached in City Limits of Penticton , the Orchard Buck....... Charges there I hope. Or at least firearm charges within City limits ?

Pathetic, any one else would be thrown to the wolves except for ....... Well you know who.

ghunter4x4
12-06-2017, 07:01 PM
So how about the Big Mulie poached in City Limits of Penticton , the Orchard Buck....... Charges there I hope. Or at least firearm charges within City limits ?

Pathetic, any one else would be thrown to the wolves except for ....... Well you know who.

I am looking forward to the outcome of this one as well..

Big Lew
12-06-2017, 07:08 PM
But, but, but if they are hunting outside the Wildlife Act, then that interfering provision of the WA shouldn't apply, right?

Nope...not for them, they're quite good at using whatever rules suit them even though
those rules don't legally apply and that they've declared they don't recognize Canadian
government rules to begin with.

pnbrock
How long ago was orchard buck poached?

IronNoggin

They would never leave the property :wink:

And, I am also watching how the orchard poacher is handled there too.

Thanks for this FD. Had been wondering...

Cheers,
Nog

HappyJack
12-06-2017, 07:26 PM
They had no business on private property...so at least that charge should stick.

303savage
12-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Today's political climate in Canada worries me

Today's political climate scares the hell out of me.

ghunter4x4
12-06-2017, 07:46 PM
How long ago was orchard buck poached?

October of this year.

HarryToolips
12-06-2017, 10:32 PM
Glad their being charged, but yes I agree they gotta stop having a different set of rules for FN's..

westcoaster
12-06-2017, 11:53 PM
They had no business on private property...so at least that charge should stick.

Whadda ya mean??

It was "their land" to begin with, right?

TexasWalker
12-07-2017, 12:32 AM
Cole Kruger commented on Facebook.

He said they were out trying to gather elk for a ceremony but they were having a hard time finding elk so they shot the ones on private property.
When asked why he felt it was ok to trespass he responded that it wasn't posted.

dino
12-07-2017, 09:00 AM
I spoke to him one time. I asked him how he likes his salmon? He said his favorite is "poached" !!!!!
It's gonna be a long winter boys.

huntcoop
12-07-2017, 10:39 AM
Cole Kruger commented on Facebook.

He said they were out trying to gather elk for a ceremony but they were having a hard time finding elk so they shot the ones on private property.
When asked why he felt it was ok to trespass he responded that it wasn't posted.

Not shocking, he just played the get out of jail free card.

Hunterguy
12-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Its a ceremony in are family to but our animal is harvested legally like most of all other hunters, what a load of crap!!!

browningboy
12-07-2017, 02:48 PM
LOL, instead of charging them I'm surprised they didn't help them load it up, because it's for a ceremony after all?

pnbrock
12-07-2017, 03:26 PM
It was probably processed and then returned to the band.

Hunterguy
12-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Doesn’t the government give them enough money to buy cattle. That would would even help out some of the ranchers who were affected by the fire. No makes to much sense, they would rather POACH!

HappyJack
12-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Doesn’t the government give them enough money to buy cattle. That would would even help out some of the ranchers who were affected by the fire. No makes to much sense, they would rather POACH!

Who eats that crap? You'd have to really hate yourself to put that stuff into your body.

HappyJack
12-07-2017, 11:08 PM
Whadda ya mean??

It was "their land" to begin with, right?

Show us the deed where it was bought off them....or bartered for....you won't find one I suspect and that is why some of the bands are starting to win "land title" cases.

338win mag
12-08-2017, 06:12 AM
Show us the deed where it was bought off them....or bartered for....you won't find one I suspect and that is why some of the bands are starting to win "land title" cases.
I bet the landowner has a deed, and I suspect the hunting on private land would stop if a landowner shot them, which is going to happen when someone meets up with a landowner who has nothing to live for.

blackhawk19
12-08-2017, 08:35 AM
a poacher is a poacher

HappyJack
12-08-2017, 01:27 PM
I bet the landowner has a deed, and I suspect the hunting on private land would stop if a landowner shot them, which is going to happen when someone meets up with a landowner who has nothing to live for.

When I was a kid our neighbor bought a nice fishing boat, he had ownership papers and really loved his boat. A year after he bought it the legal owner turned up and said it was his boat that had been stolen from him. The law came and took the boat away from him, papers or not, and returned the boat to the rightful owner. With out screwed up court system this could happen with what we consider to be private property in most of BC.

Dannybuoy
12-08-2017, 02:32 PM
When I was a kid our neighbor bought a nice fishing boat, he had ownership papers and really loved his boat. A year after he bought it the legal owner turned up and said it was his boat that had been stolen from him. The law came and took the boat away from him, papers or not, and returned the boat to the rightful owner. With out screwed up court system this could happen with what we consider to be private property in most of BC.

Obviously your neighbor didnt register the boat (as required if over 10hp) or this would have been caught during that process ,
Back to the thieving low-life poachers .... in the "traditional" days they would have been shot ,hung or both . Would that make you "Happy " Jack ?

HappyJack
12-08-2017, 04:17 PM
Obviously your neighbor didnt register the boat (as required if over 10hp) or this would have been caught during that process ,
Back to the thieving low-life poachers .... in the "traditional" days they would have been shot ,hung or both . Would that make you "Happy " Jack ?

Absolutely, I believe capital punishment is an excellent deterrent to crime. Especially when it applies equally to everyone, if you know what I mean.

338win mag
12-08-2017, 05:56 PM

If this is the case in most of bc then why is it happening in Saskatchewan too??
Where treaties have been established more than 130 years ago.
The province will simply pay the cash for land obtained illegally, however, I wouldn't compare a fishing boat with land that has been obtained through legal process by a hard working family.

If you feel it was stolen then you need to know I never stole it in the first place.

What would happen if that land was owned by another native, like me?

HappyJack
12-08-2017, 06:07 PM
If this is the case in most of bc then why is it happening in Saskatchewan too??
Where treaties have been established more than 130 years ago.
The province will simply pay the cash for land obtained illegally, however, I wouldn't compare a fishing boat with land that has been obtained through legal process by a hard working family.

If you feel it was stolen then you need to know I never stole it in the first place.

What would happen if that land was owned by another native, like me?

I don't make the laws up, it was just an observation. What happens when someone can prove the property belongs to them and not the people that paid for it and believe it is theirs, the courts will determine the rightful title owners. Due to our situation here in BC I find this subject of some interest as I am sure many other do.

Sharing this for some consideration:

Or, to put the case another way: if we do not know if Jones's title to any given property is criminally-derived, then we may assume that this property was, at least momentarily in a state of no-ownership (since we are not sure about the original title), and therefore that the proper title of ownership reverted instantaneously to Jones as its "first" (i.e., current) possessor and user. In short, where we are not sure about a title but it cannot be clearly identified as criminally derived, then the title properly and legitimately reverts to its current possessor.

But now suppose that a title to property is clearly identifiable as criminal, does this necessarily mean that the current possessor must give it up? No, not necessarily. For that depends on two considerations: (a) whether the victim (the property owner originally aggressed against) or his heirs are clearly identifiable and can now be found; or (b) whether or not the current possessor is himself the criminal who stole the property. Suppose, for example, that Jones possesses a watch, and that we can clearly show that Jones's title is originally criminal, either because (1) his ancestor stole it, or (2) because he or his ancestor purchased it from a thief (whether wittingly or unwittingly is immaterial here). Now, if we can identify and find the victim or his heir, then it is clear that Jones's title to the watch is totally invalid, and that it must promptly revert to its true and legitimate owner. Thus, if Jones inherited or purchased the watch from a man who stole it from Smith, and if Smith or the heir to his estate can be found, then the title to the watch properly reverts immediately back to Smith or his descendants, without compensation to the existing possessor of the criminally derived "title." Thus, if a current title to property is criminal in origin, and the victim or his heir can be found, then the title should immediately revert to the latter.

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2012/09/do_indians_righ.html

You should read this too....they won title in court....a real game changer.

http://www.fonv.ca/nemaiahvalley/thecourtcase/