PDA

View Full Version : mission club stays with bcwf

fowl language
12-06-2017, 09:24 AM
congratulations to the mission club for staying the course and helping with a united front by passing a vote to remain in the bcwf. i am not sure of the vote percentage but it sent a message to the nay sayers i hope. now we can get on with the rebuilding of the fed to it's previous state. good work.

12-06-2017, 09:28 AM
This is over all good news.
hunters province wide need to get on the Same Page.
there is NO organization, across the province that has done more for Fish and Wildlife then the BCWF. PERIOD.

There also is No organization that has a bigger voice for BC Resident hunters than the BCWF.

GET on board ....... Stick together and build BC fish and Wildlife to what it can be.

CT

Ron.C
12-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Congrats. I also think it's good news. My club ceased it's affiliation two years back. I didn't agree at all.

Foxton Gundogs
12-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Great to hear the Mission Club made the responsible decision and voted to remain with the Fed. and continue fighting the good fight for the outdoor community of the Province.

Cedar Cowgirl
12-06-2017, 11:58 AM
Wonderful news, goes to prove out the old adage "You can fool some of the people some of the time etc." Great judgment shown by the voting members.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-06-2017, 12:11 PM
Great to hear! Glad they focused on big picture.

Bear Chaser
12-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Good news. I wondered how it went.

Rob Chipman
12-06-2017, 04:33 PM
Good to hear.

I listened to a great podcast on grizzlies with Chris Seervheen, who at one time headed the US Interagency group on restoring grizzlies to the lower 48. That has been a huge success by any measure. One thing he said was "Park unimportant differences at the door". That's how they got a bunch of people pulling on the same rope in the same direction. It's kind of obvious when you hear someone say it, yet we don't always follow that advice.

Foxton Gundogs
12-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Well t looks like that' the direction the Fed is now taking it's on an even keel now and those with arterial motives need to get on board or just get period.

Salty
12-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Great news congratulations MDRGC :)

Weatherby Fan
12-06-2017, 09:08 PM
This is good news, I’m Stuck up Mule Deer Hunting so did not get to attend the meeting and vote but sounds if cooler heads prevailed,

I was quite impressed with the members that showed up at the special meeting prior to the AGM, they were very thorough about the pros & cons in there questions as to stay or go from the BCWF.

Sounds like the BCWF got their compass swung so we’re heading in the right direction !

Lionhill
12-06-2017, 10:03 PM
Sounds like the BCWF got their compass swung so we’re heading in the right direction !

Can you elaborate on what this means? Did the BCWF commit to some kind of change?

Foxton Gundogs
12-07-2017, 11:33 AM
"Some kind of change" has been happening since the summer when the executive was replace almost in it's entirety. The change has been ongoing in the right direction since then.

REMINGTON JIM
12-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Excellent Good on the Club ! Look forward to the BCWF going ahead with the new staff too ! RJ

Lionhill
12-07-2017, 12:31 PM
"Some kind of change" has been happening since the summer when the executive was replace almost in it's entirety. The change has been ongoing in the right direction since then.

Can you say what the change is? And what the "right direction" is? Is this me or are people being cryptic here?

Foxton Gundogs
12-07-2017, 01:27 PM
Can you say what the change is? And what the "right direction" is? Is this me or are people being cryptic here?

This has been an ongoing "project". The first big change was the removal of the old executive and a new one being appointed. There is nothing cryptic about it for anyone who has followed the developments over the last couple of years, announcements and goals have been published a number of time they are there for anyone who wants to look. I am not on the executive so I'm only privy to the same information that any member is.

pnbrock
12-07-2017, 02:23 PM
I too would like to see a plan put foreword by Bcwf. An anyone post what is there priorities are ?

Steele Shot
12-07-2017, 03:24 PM

I too would like to see a plan put foreword by Bcwf. An anyone post what is there priorities are ?

Seriously, come on you guys it isn't that hard to find. Here it is, now would you like someone to read it for you?

http://bcwf.net/images/stories/newsletters/2017/August%202017%20Newsletter.pdf

http://bcwf.net/images/stories/newsletters/2017/2017%20December%20Newsletter%20Digital.pdf

pnbrock
12-07-2017, 03:28 PM
Only if it’s just before bed with milk and cookies!!

REMINGTON JIM
12-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Whonnock Boy is Going to be Beside Himself over this ! :lol: RJ

Steele Shot
12-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Remington Jim, some people are not worth the effort it took you to type your post. People are not stupid and can see through this type of person. Once they see some one is not creditable they quit wasting their time reading the nonsense they post. That usually spells the end for their rants

Whonnock Boy
12-08-2017, 03:19 PM
It wasn't surprising RJ, but there were some surprises. I believe my ultimate goal of awareness was achieved. I'll remain consistent with my thoughts that while there has been some changes, 99.99% of the players are still in the game, which means, the game will remain the same. There's a reason why the club continues to associate directly with the Provincial body, and circumvent Region 2 all together. Time will tell.

Whonnock Boy is Going to be Beside Himself over this ! :lol: RJ

True to form, the anonymous poster comes to bully, harass, and criticize a person they have never met. A pawn if you will, posting snippets forwarded to him from people with whom I have met. Someone who has been given a lopsided view of the history, and has little comprehension of what has truly gone on. I feel sorry for you Pikney, for I too was once led down a path of righteousness, only to find those leading were as corrupt as their counterparts.

Remington Jim, some people are not worth the effort it took you to type your post. People are not stupid and can see through this type of person. Once they see some one is not creditable they quit wasting their time reading the nonsense they post. That usually spells the end for their rants

Elkhound
12-08-2017, 05:22 PM
WB. Im pretty sure you can debate a topic without childish name calling. Only warning I am going to give