PDA

View Full Version : Ban of guns in urban areas

4 point
12-03-2017, 02:51 PM
There trying to get at it again. We need the Liberals out of there.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3894223/canadians-support-outright-ban-guns/

Fisher-Dude
12-03-2017, 03:15 PM
Trudeau brings in a pile of immigrants and refugees from war torn areas where life is cheap, dumps them into inner city neighbourhoods.

No education, no skills, they're unemployed and see easy money in crime. You don't get your arms chopped off if you rob someone in Canada like they face in their homelands.

Now Trudeau has a batch of criminals he himself has created, so he's going to use that to take away your guns.

It's happening, and so many are oblivious to it. Hit the bong again, 'cause he'll legalize that for your vote. Too bad you won't have firearms to go hunting when you sober up.

Buckmeister
12-03-2017, 03:17 PM
It is disconcerting to see that people concentrate their attention on the weapons used in attacks and such, rather than the people who used those weapons and why they used them. If someone truly wants to bring harm to someone, and guns aren't available, then they will use something else. A bomb. A knife. A golf club. And in the New York incident, a rental truck. Do you see the survivors of the New York incident standing up calling for an end to truck rentals? That would be absurd, so is calling for a ban on guns or stricter gun control. It's the people who use these "weapons" that we need to be concerned about.

Friends of ours were in Israel/Jordan a few years ago. They were on a transit bus and noticed how tense the passengers on the bus were. Then a somewhat plain clothes member of the military boarded the bus with his service rifle slung over his shoulder. They could visibly see everyone on the bus begin to relax once this fellow had boarded. They felt safe. If that kind of thing were to happen here in Canada or the USA, there would be pandemonium.

Buckmeister
12-03-2017, 03:18 PM
Trudeau brings in a pile of immigrants and refugees from war torn areas where life is cheap, dumps them into inner city neighbourhoods.

No education, no skills, they're unemployed and see easy money in crime. You don't get your arms chopped off if you rob someone in Canada like they face in their homelands.

Now Trudeau has a batch of criminals he himself has created, so he's going to use that to take away your guns.

It's happening, and so many are oblivious to it. Hit the bong again, 'cause he'll legalize that for your vote. Too bad you won't have firearms to go hunting when you sober up.

I hate to say, but this makes sense. ^^^^^

antlerking
12-03-2017, 05:15 PM
More Liberal BS punish the murdering drug dealing criminals give them some real sentences 10 years for dealing drugs and no early release. You want to clean up the streets and stop the drug problem? That's what the shootings are all about, build more jails and lock up the source, wouldn't take long if all the suppliers were locked up! But no they want to create more safe Injection sites to continue the cycle. More murder,drug overdoses,breakings and overall chaos. Time for them to pull there heads out of their A*s

blacklab
12-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Sure glad we got rid of that Harper guy.

Spy
12-03-2017, 05:59 PM
Hit the comments section;-)

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 06:47 PM

This is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever read.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 06:51 PM
It is disconcerting to see that people concentrate their attention on the weapons used in attacks and such, rather than the people who used those weapons and why they used them. If someone truly wants to bring harm to someone, and guns aren't available, then they will use something else. A bomb. A knife. A golf club. And in the New York incident, a rental truck. Do you see the survivors of the New York incident standing up calling for an end to truck rentals? That would be absurd, so is calling for a ban on guns or stricter gun control. It's the people who use these "weapons" that we need to be concerned about.

Friends of ours were in Israel/Jordan a few years ago. They were on a transit bus and noticed how tense the passengers on the bus were. Then a somewhat plain clothes member of the military boarded the bus with his service rifle slung over his shoulder. They could visibly see everyone on the bus begin to relax once this fellow had boarded. They felt safe. If that kind of thing were to happen here in Canada or the USA, there would be pandemonium.

Then move to Jordan if you want to take your rifle on public transit. If every yard had a swimming pool in it the rate of drownings would go up. Same for guns, just look south.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 06:54 PM
More Liberal BS punish the murdering drug dealing criminals give them some real sentences 10 years for dealing drugs and no early release. You want to clean up the streets and stop the drug problem? That's what the shootings are all about, build more jails and lock up the source, wouldn't take long if all the suppliers were locked up! But no they want to create more safe Injection sites to continue the cycle. More murder,drug overdoses,breakings and overall chaos. Time for them to pull there heads out of their A*s

Said everybody that voted for Nixon. C'mon how is this still something people think out loud.

IronNoggin
12-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Said everybody that voted for Nixon. C'mon how is this still something people think out loud.

https://i.imgflip.com/i0d9q.jpg

:wink:
Nog

Blainer
12-03-2017, 06:58 PM
This is one of the most ignorant comments I've ever read.your obviously not aware of the ISIS fighters that our tax paying $ are being used to rehabilitate.
you might want to consider selling your guns before they are taken.
Well written Fusher-Dude
I noted 4 responses from you?? Troll?
or just stupid?

Blainer
12-03-2017, 07:00 PM

Nogwe truly need a like option like FB

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Same poll tactics they used for the US election I'm sure. It's a PR tactic. Try to set popular opinion by manufacturing popular opinion.

What does an urban ban mean anyway? I can't shoot squirrels in Stanley Park (ie: status quo) or I can't own guns and store them in a safe in Langley?

If the grizzly polls taught us anything, the poll likely read:

Do you support preventing the bloody slaughter of infants being murdered in their cribs in cold blood by banning the use of high powered assult weapons inside urban areas like preschools?

1) YES
Or
2) No

Just more cultural Marxism. The good part is, the more the social engineers pull this stuff, the larger the counter culture becomes. This is why for every person talking about safe spaces and microagressions, 100 are laughing hysterically.

The BAD news, is our government realizes this and is trying to introduce a "social justice" curriculum for kindergarten to grade 12 (starting the brainwashing in university is too late) ... I have a copy of the circumlam kicking around somewhere. It's chilling... will dig it up and post tomorrow.

PS: please hop on Facebook or the comments pages of any of the big outlets covering this poll and leave a comment (rather than just preaching to the choir) ... National Post is one

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:07 PM
My bad, your right, bashing safe injection sites that save lives is definitely not stupid.

trowt
12-03-2017, 07:08 PM
The article states pretty clearly:
"The Liberal plans don’t involve any kind of total ban and, indeed, no political party has ever suggested the idea"

antlerking
12-03-2017, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=Danny_29;1958468]Then move to Jordan if you want to take your rifle on public transit. If every yard had a swimming pool in it the rate of drownings would go up. Same for guns, just look south. People like you will never see the real problem enjoy your dope in the safe injection site I pay for and if I catch you in my house stealing god have mercy on you

Hank Hunter
12-03-2017, 07:12 PM
My bad, your right, bashing safe injection sites that save lives is definitely not stupid.

Hey guys we got ourselves a new Libtard troll

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:12 PM
Oh! You must be referring to Omar Khadr the youngest person in Guantanamo Bay that the Canadian government left there clearly violating his rights. The things that make Canada great also work against it when they don't follow the rules.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Not a troll just sick and tired of the ignorant bull that gets thrown around and nobody calls out.

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 07:13 PM
"The Liberal plans don’t involve any kind of total ban and, indeed, no political party has ever suggested the idea"

It's propaganda / social engineering. Just because no politician has proposed it, that does not mean we sit idle and care free as they attempt to convince the masses it is popular opinion.

antlerking
12-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Oh and kids family vacation is canceled taxes have gone up to pay for the drug addicts that stole your bike

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:14 PM
The real trolls on here are the people that feel like bashing immigrant's and social programs is the same thing as protect their "gun rights"

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Classic, what about the 1100 families that lost someone to an overdose this year that will never get to see there loved one again? Try putting a price on that.

antlerking
12-03-2017, 07:21 PM
What the ones that bought drugs and shot them into their veins,get the drug dealers not my guns , take your liberal views and F**k Off

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 07:26 PM
Oh and kids family vacation is canceled taxes have gone up to pay for the drug addicts that stole your bike

I was told by a police officer who came to my home when crackheads broke into our locker that property crime is no longer enforceable (it is de-facto legal) The best they can do is release them on promise to appear, but when they do not appear and they pick them up again, it's still promise to appear. This included someone a few blocks from me robbing people with a knife as well (they picked him up 2x in one day for armed robbery)

(This is why when we read about a murder the person has 200+ violent offenses but is still roaming free) Our judicial system is broken.

We need to stop treating criminals as victims. Build some dang jails. If they die from withdrawal in jail, that was their choice. More times than not, getting off the smack will give them a second chance at life. Once someone gets to breaking and entering for a habit, jail is in their best interest.

Anyway that is a side topic from this poll and social engineering Canada in general.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:27 PM
What the ones that bought drugs and shot them into their veins,get the drug dealers not my guns , take your liberal views and F**k Off

Well I hope no one you know ever has to go through this to change your mind. Gun rights and your narrow view of this social problem have nothing to do with eachother.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:29 PM
I was told by a police officer who came to my home when crackheads broke into our locker that property crime is no longer enforceable (it is de-facto legal) The best they can do is release them on promise to appear, but when they do not appear and they pick them up again, it's still promise to appear. This included someone a few blocks from me robbing people with a knife as well (they picked him up 2x in one day for armed robbery)

We need to stop treating criminals as victims. Build some dang jails. If they die from withdrawal in jail, that was their choice.

Anyway that is a side topic from this poll and social engineering Canada in general.

Beyond crazy that you value the contents of your locker above somebody's life.

scoutlt1
12-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Somebody needs a hug....

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 07:34 PM

Breaking and entering should never be unenforced.

And 6 months in jail has a better chance of saving an addict from themselves than it does hurting them. And armed robbery? It's not just about about their life if they are a danger to those who life a crime free life. Why do we have jails or police anyway if everyone is a victim?

I think your notion that letting them roam free robbing people to support a $200 day habit is more of a risk to them as well as the public... but sure keep crying for anarchy.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:40 PM
I'm 100% for pulling these people of the street and trying to rehabilitate them or some sort of other measure. Also agree that leaving them to continue on the illegal path they have chose is not in the public's best interest. I had issue with your statement of letting them die of withdrawal, as it was "their choice" this is a terrible addiction for these people.

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 07:46 PM
I'm 100% for pulling these people of the street and trying to rehabilitate them or some sort of other measure. Also agree that leaving them to continue on the illegal path they have chose is not in the public's best interest. I had issue with your statement of letting them die of withdrawal, as it was "their choice" this is a terrible addiction for these people.

Fair enough, but I am frustrated that is an excuse to not jail them and is used as a free pass to comitt b&e and armed robbery dozens of times over with no reprocussion. I'd agree with some kind of temporary treatment... methodone or whatever as long as it's short term weening before or during the first few days of jail.

trowt
12-03-2017, 07:47 PM
it's an unenforceable ban. not worth losing sleep over...

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 07:50 PM
it's an unenforceable ban. not worth losing sleep over...

It's social engineering to influence popular opinion with manufactured popular opinion. It doesnt seem like a huge deal, but you still need to speak out against it in order to debunk it, otherwise it becomes credible and true popular opinion.

stan
12-03-2017, 07:50 PM
This man is actually a total fool , just read most of his 10000 posts

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Fair enough, but I am frustrated that is an excuse to not jail them and is used as a free pass to comitt b&e and armed robbery dozens of times over with no reprocussion. I'd agree with some kind of temporary treatment... methodone or whatever as long as it's short term weening.

It makes me happy we could find some common ground, I have no issue with a rational person like yourself. I just got heated after reading the first few comments (straw that broke the camels back on this site.) So much racist and ignorant comments go unchecked. I truely believe it's comments/ attitudes of that sort that are the biggest risk to people's gun rights. How do people expect to be treated fairly when they are a minority openly condemning every other minority in such awful ways.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 07:57 PM
This man is actually a total fool , just read most of his 10000 posts

Thanks Stan, reading just one put me over the edge haha

RugDoctor
12-03-2017, 08:01 PM
My least important possession is worth more than any loser that tries to steal it from me.

antlerking
12-03-2017, 08:03 PM
"Danny boy 29 " paid advocate of liberals with your taxes

VLD43
12-03-2017, 08:03 PM
I love these posts. A statement or topic is offered and then the "in-fighting" and a pissing war starts. We are so busy trying to sell our own viewpoint and defend our position, that we don't think, collaborate or discuss viable options to proceed forward, in a positive way, that benefits us all equally. In my opinion, the "antis" are gaining traction with the government, because no one else, is suggesting a different solution or remedy.

I have said it before here, and I will say it one more time. Most of the mass shootings that happen here and in the USA, usually involve people with mental health issues if you view the events with an unbias postion . As firearms owners we never seem to learn to change the conversation, and identify the real problem. I believe that mental health should be front and center in this conversation. it has many forms, from depression to isolation. If a person is unstable enough they will use whatever means possible to gain some form of revenge or fame. Instead of stricter gun legislation, we should be asking the government to address mental health in a meaningful way, and making the case for it. The average joe, only knows people are dying and guns are used. So you can see they will buy into whatever seems logical to stop these events. Ask yourself one question. If lots more people were being killed by people driving automatic cars, do you think they would ban or restrict them. No, they would access drivers more thoroughly before issuing them a drivers license.

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 08:05 PM
It makes me happy we could find some common ground, I have no issue with a rational person like yourself. I just got heated after reading the first few comments (straw that broke the camels back on this site.) So much racist and ignorant comments go unchecked. I truely believe it's comments/ attitudes of that sort that are the biggest risk to people's gun rights. How do people expect to be treated fairly when they are a minority openly condemning every other minority in such awful ways.

Now that we have common ground, would you agree our judicial system is broken, that real criminals for the most part are given a free pass and the resulting crime is used in stastics against law abiding gun owners?

In regards to immigration, though I have not spoken about this, I hope you would agree that there is such a thing as too much, too fast and there should be enforcement against illegal immigration.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:06 PM
My least important possession is worth more than any loser that tries to steal it from me.

You are the problem.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:09 PM
We are so busy trying to sell our own viewpoint and defend our position, that we don't think, collaborate or discuss viable options to proceed forward, in a positive way, that benefits us all equally

Well put.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Now that we have common ground, would you agree our judicial system is broken, that real criminals for the most part are given a free pass and the resulting crime is used in stastics against law abiding gun owners?

In regards to immigration, though I have not spoken about this, I hope you would agree that there is such a thing as too much, too fast and there should be enforcement against illegal immigration.

Yes I absolutely agree. If a more progressive approach was taken on these "criminals" how many of these statistics could have been avoided? On the immigration thing, us as Canadians rely upon it but proper vetting is essential. The mass majority of these people are trying to do better for themselves or trying to protect there families from something we can't even imagine. They do not deserve to be regarded as lesser han beings because of the hand they were dealt.

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 08:14 PM
I love these posts. A statement or topic is offered and then the "in-fighting" and a pissing war starts. We are so busy trying to sell our own viewpoint and defend our position, that we don't think, collaborate or discuss viable options to proceed forward, in a positive way, that benefits us all equally. In my opinion, the "antis" are gaining traction with the government, because no one else, is suggesting a different solution or remedy.

I have said it before here, and I will say it one more time. Most of the mass shootings that happen here and in the USA, usually involve people with mental health issues if you view the events with an unbias postion . As firearms owners we never seem to learn to change the conversation, and identify the real problem. I believe that mental health should be front and center in this conversation. it has many forms, from depression to isolation. If a person is unstable enough they will use whatever means possible to gain some form of revenge or fame. Instead of stricter gun legislation, we should be asking the government to address mental health in a meaningful way, and making the case for it. The average joe, only knows people are dying and guns are used. So you can see they will buy into whatever seems logical to stop these events. Ask yourself one question. If lots more people were being killed by people driving automatic cars, do you think they would ban or restrict them. No, they would access drivers more thoroughly before issuing them a drivers license.

Something close to 1/4 of the US population is prescribed one or more psychotropic medications. Many of these list side effects such as violent or suicidal behaviour as side effects on the inserts. Even if such a side effect occurred in only 1/10000 cases, that is a lot of ticking time bombs in a population of 300,000,000.

It's pretty ridiculous. Kid wont do home work? Ritalin. PMS? Lorazepam. Shy around girls? Paxil. Cat died? Zoloft!

It's crazy to think... so many people who have mental health issues... borderline right on the edge... then Doctor gives them a bunch of pills to help them disassociate from reality and not give a f*** ... virtually every mass shooter has been on one or more psychotropics. I know there's a chicken-vs-egg arguement to be had, but 1/4?! Doctors need to stop giving it out like candy, and people need to stop looking for pill solutions for things diet, excersize and lifestyle choices will solve

IslandWanderer
12-03-2017, 08:17 PM
Thanks Stan, reading just one put me over the edge haha

Hey Dany, I’m the resident bleeding heart liberal around here- quite mowing my lawn! (kidding)

It’s good to see some varying opinions expressed on HBC. There’s lots of fuddy duddys on here. I’ve read some pretty angry comments directed at me in the recent past.

IronNoggin
12-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Somebody needs a hug....

Nope. He needs a "Safe Place" where he won't be exposed to all the realities of differing opinion.
FAR from HBC would be my suggestion... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:21 PM
Hey Dany, I’m the resident bleeding heart liberal around here- quite mowing my lawn! (kidding)

It’s good to see some varying opinions expressed on HBC. There’s lots of fuddy duddys on here. I’ve read some pretty angry comments directed at me in the recent past.

Very nice to meet you. Its always been hard for me to legitimize the thinking that you can't be for hunting and other such recreation and have a social conscience. That philosophy has always escaped me.

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 08:22 PM
Nope. He needs a "Safe Place" where he won't be exposed to all the realities of differing opinion.

Cheers,
Nog

I thought scout was talking about me. I didn't want to answer though... because yes I need a hug but I'm a little shy and didn't want to show weakness in my manly exterior. The physical and psychological abuse those blacktails put me through is something else... then the road to my camp washed out... punched my truck and broke my hand :(

IronNoggin
12-03-2017, 08:23 PM
... That philosophy has always escaped me.

http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/blahblah1.gif

RugDoctor
12-03-2017, 08:25 PM
You are the problem.
Not the thief, or whatever his excuse....er....problem/issue/substance of choice etc. that "forces" him to steal?? Sure thing bud.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:25 PM

Cheers,
Nog

Maybe with a few different opinions racist and ignorant posts wouldn't be the norm around here I would suggest you start posting on sites more your taste. Head over to stormfront you should fit right in.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Not the thief, or whatever his excuse....er....problem/issue/substance of choice etc. that "forces" him to steal?? Sure thing bud.

Nope just your small selfish world view. I'm all for having a good discussion but your a lost cause.

RugDoctor
12-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Nope just your small selfish world view. I'm all for having a good discussion but your a lost cause.
It's not only awesome that you feel I have to take responsibility for my actions, but also the thiefs actions. Also awesome that because I don't agree with your wrong opinion suddenly I'm a lost cause. Thanks for the open mind.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:30 PM
You shouldn't have to take responsibility for a theirs action but suggesting your least valuable possession is worth more than their life is offside.

scoutlt1
12-03-2017, 08:30 PM
This man is actually a total fool , just read most of his 10000 posts Bullshit...........

Ohwildwon
12-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Hey Dan,

have any hunting pics?

IslandWanderer
You shouldn't have to take responsibility for a theirs action but suggesting your least valuable possession is worth more than their life is offside.

He’s maybe just frustrated and being hyperbolic. I’ve had things stolen, and I was pretty pissed off about it.

VLD43
Something close to 1/4 of the US population is prescribed one or more psychotropic medications. Many of these list side effects such as violent or suicidal behaviour as side effects on the inserts. Even if such a side effect occurred in only 1/10000 cases, that is a lot of ticking time bombs in a population of 300,000,000.

It's pretty ridiculous. Kid wont do home work? Ritalin. PMS? Lorazepam. Shy around girls? Paxil. Cat died? Zoloft!

It's crazy to think... so many people who have mental health issues... borderline right on the edge... then Doctor gives them a bunch of pills to help them disassociate from reality and not give a f*** ... virtually every mass shooter has been on one or more psychotropics. I know there's a chicken-vs-egg arguement to be had, but 1/4?! Doctors need to stop giving it out like candy, and people need to stop looking for pill solutions for things diet, excersize and lifestyle choices will solve

Caddisguy
Your observations are valid. But think about this. If a persons socio-economic position is poor, or they are isolated by society in general and ignored, at some point there is an increased likely hood they will do something bold, to be noticed. Same goes for people with mental health issues. So why does the government ignore these people. I would suggest because, it would be expensive to provide them with job opportunities or mental health facilities. So the public in general deals with these people using law enforcement, instead of providing suitable solutions. We have seen that this strategy doesn't work to well. Then to make things worse, the press jumps on the bandwagon and gives them instant fame.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:34 PM
Agreed reading 10000 posts is a bit much, but we can all agree is world view is kinda flawed haha

IslandWanderer
Hey Dan,

have any hunting pics?

People used to say I wasn’t a hunter either.

Fisher-Dude
Not a troll just sick and tired of the ignorant bull that gets thrown around and nobody calls out.

He's practicing on a puppet.

You're next. Let the good times roll.

http://elleuk.cdnds.net/17/25/980x490/landscape-1498127826-landscape-1498084532-elle-justin-trudeau-unicorn.jpg

Fisher-Dude
12-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Hey Dan,

have any hunting pics?

He and Jazzy are hunting partners.

But they keep finding Shutterstock watermarks on the pics they want to show you.

Ohwildwon
12-03-2017, 08:37 PM

Yawn...:roll:

antlerking
12-03-2017, 08:41 PM
Dug addition = mental illness get the dealers eliminate the supply, save the addicts,treatment 75% of murders with guns solved stop trying to take mine and every other law abiding citizens guns

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 08:44 PM

I don't think he said that. That was from my post saying people should go to jail for armed robbery or b&e, addict or not. Being an addict gets a free pass. Police can't hold them because of potential discomfort of not getting their next hit.

It's hard to babyproof the planet for criminals at the expense of non criminals. Would I be mean to say we should not cover the earth's surface with nerf padding to protect someone who steals my car and might drive recklessly?

While I agree we should ween addicts off a couple days before their jail time (ie: prevent from dying, though anything short of permanent physical harm from withdrawal will help them make better choices) we must acknowledge self determination plays a role. B&e should get someone locked up for 6 months at least. Armed robbery, 5 years at least. Currently both are de-facto legal.

There are consequences to my actions. Heck my wife tumbled off a ledge head over heels several times down to the next ledge. Messed up her back something awful and has been out of action for the most part. I accept the consequences of the back country. Why can't a criminal accept potential consequences of armed robbery? If there is an increase in crime, it's a directly result of this kind of cultural enablement.

If we babyproof the planet for addicts, can I get an elevator ride and ziplines through my BT spot? After all I'm a BT addict. Can I rob Cabelas and get a free pass!? Lol

Ohwildwon
12-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Dug addition = mental illness get the dealers eliminate the supply, save the addicts,treatment 75% of murders with guns solved stop trying to take mine and every other law abiding citizens guns

Nothing like solving the worlds problems in one sentence! ;-)

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:51 PM

This stupid site hates pictures I've got a good one of my Pudelpointer and some pheasants

antlerking
12-03-2017, 08:53 PM
Ok will just keep treating the symptoms then getting to the problem

Jagermeister
12-03-2017, 08:59 PM
According to a survey conducted by Ekos Research Associates for the Canadian Press, 69% of the respondents agreed with the statement " " I think that there should be a strict ban on guns in urban areas". "
Automated landline and cell phone survey - 2287 respondents
Poll was conducted between Nov 10-30
Highest support in Quebec with 76% - lowest in Alberta at 48%
Ekos seems to think that there is support "across the political spectrum for restrictions that are limited to urban areas. Ekos goes on to say - "86 per cent of respondents who identified themselves as Liberals, 56 per cent of Conservatives and 75 per cent of New Democrats backed an urban ban."
86% of 2287 = 1969 Liberals
100% - 86% = 14% (320) of the remaining 2287
Now giving Ekos the benefit of doubt
56% of 320 = 179 and
75% of 320 = 245
Wait a minute, 245+179=424
424+1969=2393 which is 106 more than 2287 and that represents an error of 4.75% which is more than double their " is considered accurate within 2.1 percentage points "

Here's the article in its entirety for those that cannot click a link,
The vast majority of Canadians favours a total ban on guns in urban areas, a new poll suggests.
According to the poll, conducted by Ekos Research Associates for The Canadian Press, 69 per cent of those surveyed agreed with the statement "I think that there should be a strict ban on guns in urban areas."
Support was highest in Quebec at 76 per cent and lowest in Alberta at 48 per cent.
The federal Liberals are currently at work on legislation to follow through on campaign commitments to tighten up restrictions on guns, though an earlier suggestion a new bill could be introduced before the end of the year now seems unlikely.
The Liberal plans don't involve any kind of total ban and, indeed, no political party has ever suggested the idea, noted Ekos president Frank Graves.
But widespread support for the concept suggests there's room to simply stop tinkering with existing gun laws and put in place something more ambitious, he said.
"I'm not saying the operationalization wouldn't be complex but this isn't a moon shot and it's been done in other jurisdictions," Graves said.
"I think Canadians would settle for something close — it wouldn't have to be a strict ban, but anything to move the needle here."
Guns are not involved in the vast majority of crimes in Canada but there have been increases in gun-related violence.
Statistics released last month showed that 2016 was the first time since 2012 that shootings were the most common method of homicide in Canada. Statistics Canada also reported that 2016 was the third year in a row that the number of firearm-related homicides rose.
The agency also reported last month that 587 people took their own lives with the use of a firearm in 2014, up from 544 the year before.
A standard response to why government doesn't go further to crack down on guns is politics and the perception that urban Canadians view the issue far differently than rural dwellers, who use guns to hunt for food or protect themselves in remote regions beyond the every-day reach of law enforcement.
The political divide has played itself out repeatedly during national debates on gun control. In 2011, two NDP MPs from Thunder Bay, Ont., were disciplined when they broke ranks and voted in favour of the Conservative government's legislation to repeal the gun registry.
During the Conservative leadership race earlier this year, a clear position on firearms-related policy was a must-have for candidates, many of whom actively courted firearms enthusiasts.
But the Ekos survey suggests there's support across the political spectrum for restrictions that are limited to urban areas — 86 per cent of respondents who identified themselves as Liberals, 56 per cent of Conservatives and 75 per cent of New Democrats backed an urban ban.
The automated land line and cell phone survey of 2,287 Canadians was carried out Nov. 10-30 and is considered accurate within 2.1 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.
In 2015, the federal Liberals made several campaign commitments related to firearms. They've fulfilled some, including a revamp of a national advisory board and increased funding to the provinces to address gun violence.
That money was announced last month at an event in Surrey, B.C., where a federal by-election is underway in a community that has a long-standing issue with guns and gangs.
The Liberals also pledged to require enhanced background checks for anyone seeking to buy a gun, and prospective buyers must also show a license. Those who sell guns would, among other things, be required to keep an inventory of stock and sales.
Their platform also promised to get more weapons off the streets by strengthening controls on handguns and assault weapons.
A group that includes family members of women killed at a shooting at the Ecole Polytechnique in Montreal in 1989, as well as survivors of a shooting at Montreal's Dawson College in 2006 and one at a mosque in Quebec City last year gathered on Parliament Hill last week to press the Liberals to commit to a firm timeline for the changes.
Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale said work is underway on related legislation.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 08:59 PM
He definetly did say his least valuable possession was worth more than the person trying to steal from him.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:05 PM
I don't think he said that. That was from my post saying people should go to jail for armed robbery or b&e, addict or not. Being an addict gets a free pass. Police can't hold them because of potential discomfort of not getting their next hit.

It's hard to babyproof the planet for criminals at the expense of non criminals. Would I be mean to say we should not cover the earth's surface with nerf padding to protect someone who steals my car and might drive recklessly?

While I agree we should ween addicts off a couple days before their jail time (ie: prevent from dying, though anything short of permanent physical harm from withdrawal will help them make better choices) we must acknowledge self determination plays a role. B&e should get someone locked up for 6 months at least. Armed robbery, 5 years at least. Currently both are de-facto legal.

There are consequences to my actions. Heck my wife tumbled off a ledge head over heels several times down to the next ledge. Messed up her back something awful and has been out of action for the most part. I accept the consequences of the back country. Why can't a criminal accept potential consequences of armed robbery? If there is an increase in crime, it's a directly result of this kind of cultural enablement.

If we babyproof the planet for addicts, can I get an elevator ride and ziplines through my BT spot? After all I'm a BT addict. Can I rob Cabelas and get a free pass!? Lol

We're going in the opposite direction again haha. We're not trying to baby proof this world for them just helping them and acknowledging that addiction is a disease. These are human beings that maybe steal something from you this year but can be influential and productive people in society after that. If I was in there shoes I'd sure a shit want help, what about you?

Ohwildwon
12-03-2017, 09:06 PM
Ugh, this thread needs to be moved or shut...

VLD43
12-03-2017, 09:07 PM
While your statement may make some sense, it is not the issue I am trying to highlight here. Gang bangers and drug dealers are criminals, and obviously don't abide by the laws. They also usually don't commit to many "mass shootings" as this would draw to much attention to them. They appear to be more interested in settling scores within there own world. Mass shootings on the other hand, usually appear to involve people who are marginalized and want to settle a score with society in general. If they can't get firearms, they use motor vehicles or anything else that they can get their hands on. Unfortunately, their are a group of people in this country who have made it their mission to try and get rid of firearms. They focus on firearms, because we as a shooting community are so disorganized, and such a small group, we are easy to fluster, and make a great target. So what if we changed the debate, and said "mental Health" and economic inequality were the causes of these violent outbursts. Ask your government what they are doing to address these issues in a meaningful way.

Salty
12-03-2017, 09:08 PM
Well there's 10 minutes I'll never get back..

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 09:09 PM
He definetly did say his least valuable possession was worth more than the person trying to steal from him.

I'm not going to go back and read so I will take your word and say there are risks to b&e an anyone who does it needs to accept the risks in doing so (i think we are still talking about drug withdrawal in jail) As far as judicial punishment, I'd say at least 6 months for theft/b&e. It would help them more than anything they could steal ever could.

IslandWanderer
12-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Ugh, this thread needs to be moved or shut...

You’ve contributed very little to this thread other than whining.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:12 PM
I'm not going to go back and read so I will take your word and say there are risks to b&e an anyone who does it needs to accept the risks in doing so (i think we are still talking about drug withdrawal in jail) As far as judicial punishment, I'd say at least 6 months for theft/b&e. It would help them more than anything they could steal ever could.

And we're back on track, stealing is wrong, helping people is good. Haha

Ohwildwon
12-03-2017, 09:13 PM

Does it have anything to do with hunting animals on the mainland?

caddisguy
12-03-2017, 09:15 PM
If I was in there shoes I'd sure a shit want help, what about you?

Jail will help anyone who is so addicted they are robbing people. Tough to get a reliable supply of meth in the slammer. It will break their addiction and the discomfort would be lesson enough not to go back to it after they're clean. It will suck yes, but it's not supposed to be fun.

Ohwildwon
12-03-2017, 09:15 PM

By the way, what the f$%$#k are you doing catering to a troll other then exercising your ego?

IronNoggin
12-03-2017, 09:16 PM
Maybe with a few different opinions racist and ignorant posts wouldn't be the norm around here I would suggest you start posting on sites more your taste. Head over to stormfront you should fit right in.

LOL! Let's see here. You started off tonight with 10 whole posts, and you are now up to what... somewhere near 30?
Pretty much all on this thread, wherein you contribute nothing but diversion & drivel towards the original topic.

Funny thing, but I find I have to agree with FD here. Troll. Likely Jazzy's counterpart...

With around 4,000 posts here (or thereabouts) methinks I actually do kind of fit in around here. Barely that is...

You... http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/blahblah1.gif Not so much...

In before the Ban Hammer... ;-)

Cheers,
Nog

IslandWanderer
12-03-2017, 09:18 PM
By the way, what the f$%$#k are you doing catering to a troll other then exercising your ego?

fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/
noun

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:22 PM

Nog

Someday my posts will be this good. As if the guy calling out the racists on this site is getting the beating, maybe check your sights. I'm far from a troll, logged easily over 200 days fishing and hunting this year. I read all the excellent posts around here almost daily, finally got fed up with the current acceptance of the unacceptable. That is the point, and these people are the biggest danger to everything we do.

finngun
12-03-2017, 09:23 PM
Sure glad we got rid of that Harper guy.

Must be joke of the day..:cool:

Ohwildwon
12-03-2017, 09:23 PM
fo·rum
ˈfôrəm/
noun

a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Have you checked out open chat lately?

HarryToolips
12-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Oh! You must be referring to Omar Khadr the youngest person in Guantanamo Bay that the Canadian government left there clearly violating his rights. The things that make Canada great also work against it when they don't follow the rules.
Lol too funny.....if anyone is involved with terrorism, in any way, shape, or form, their citizenship should be revoked, and the payout would have never happened if Trudeau had balls...your obviously a troll, or, imo, a 'liberal douche'..

REMINGTON JIM
12-03-2017, 09:26 PM

Yea RIGHT ! :roll: u believe that then you must ba a LIBer or a NDPer yourself ! :cry: just sayin ! RJ

IronNoggin
12-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Someday my posts will be this good...

http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Nope. You ain't lasting all that long I figure.
And given Sam & I's thoughts about you, it is entirely unlikely you could ever catch up - even given those 10,00 posts mentioned earlier! http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/karazy.gif

Have a nice visit to your Safe Place... http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/hello.gif

Don't forget your latte... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Lol too funny.....if anyone is involved with terrorism, in any way, shape, or form, their citizenship should be revoked, and the payout would have never happened if Trudeau had balls...your obviously a troll, or, imo, a 'liberal douche'..

This so so backwards. I served this country because we do the right thing, the government broke the rules and had to pay that simple.

REMINGTON JIM
12-03-2017, 09:32 PM

It MIGHT be but its VERY close to the truth ! By the way who are YOU ? :p just wondering as many are tonite aftr ALL your NEW posts ! :frown: RJ

IslandWanderer
12-03-2017, 09:34 PM
It MIGHT be but its VERY close to the truth ! By the way who are YOU ? :p just wondering as many are tonite aftr ALL your NEW posts ! :frown: RJ

Maybe Danny has been a long time reader and felt compelled to finally share his thoughts after reading something he really disagreed with.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:35 PM
http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Nope. You ain't lasting all that long I figure.
And given Sam & I's thoughts about you, it is entirely unlikely you could ever catch up - even given those 10,00 posts mentioned earlier! http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/karazy.gif

Have a nice visit to your Safe Place... http://forum.flybc.ca/style_emoticons/default/hello.gif

Don't forget your latte... :wink:

Cheers,
Nog

Classic skip over the important stuff. You can bicker all you want but as long as the 3/4 of the people that voted against guns in urban areas just have to read threw a few posts on hear and see the bigotry they'll never change their mind. We're all painted with that brush like it or not. So maybe use some of your 4000 posts to call out these people. Do that right things, it doesn't feel all that bad.

antlerking
12-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Someday my posts will be this good. As if the guy calling out the racists on this site is getting the beating, maybe check your sights.
Danny boy calling non believers of his BS racist how liberal! Solve the problem lock the F**king gun toting gangsters up 10 years for dealing, stop the drug supply save the addicts ,make them productive people again! Until then don't steal from me or take my guns! Does the government really want to stop all these social problems or just take more money from you in the name of the needy! Oh and Danny I halve lost family, friends and co-works to drugs,a huge did F**k all. The Gun Toting Gangster are the problem

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Thanks, but to answer the question I'm a veteran of the Navy who has been hunting and fishing my whole life, I've shot almost every species of deer and caught most of the fish available in the province, I've even met this forums creator who shared the same trade as me in the Navy at a small lake he would hat if I named haha...oh! And my recent hobby is training my versatile gun dog up to navdha standards, she recently received a prize 1 on her first test. Just a guy sick of the bigots, I'm all for conservatism I just don't have much time for people going out of there way to make other's lives worse.

REMINGTON JIM
12-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Maybe Danny has been a long time reader and felt compelled to finally share his thoughts after reading something he really disagreed with.

Yell Prob ! or JUST another spy on here like some of the others ! By the way you his Lawyer :frown: RJ

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Not a spy.

IslandWanderer
12-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Yell Prob ! or JUST another spy on here like some of the others ! By the way you his Lawyer :frown: RJ

I’m offering an idea about why he’s particularly active on here this evening.

Spy
12-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Not a spy.
Thats Right there will always ONLY be one Spy ;-)

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:46 PM
I have no problem with people holding a less social viewpoint than myself, we both agree that drugs are a problem that need to be solved just differing views on how to do it. But please do not think I'm calling out conservatives, merely the people that do this community a disservice with open bigotry. I'm starting to realize why people don't say anything, they get shamed as being a "liberal" when really anybody worth a cent should have no problem calling out these idiots. (I'd like to point out. The real trolls are the people who originally went offside and never chimed in after that... gutless)

REMINGTON JIM
12-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Not a spy.

Ok Good ! :smile: RJ

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Ok Good ! :smile: RJ

Promise haha

REMINGTON JIM
12-03-2017, 09:54 PM
I’m offering an idea about why he’s particularly active on here this evening.

Ok i hear ya so we can agree to disagree ! Every one is entitled to there OPINION even if it is WRONG ! :D Good Night ! RJ

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Thats Right there will always ONLY be one Spy ;-)

Hahaha this is funny.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 09:55 PM
Ok i hear ya so we can agree to disagree ! Every one is entitled to there OPINION even if it is WRONG ! :D Good Night ! RJ

You are correct. And everyone is entitled a fair shake rather than being labeled a criminal because they are an immigrant.

Have a good night.

Spy
12-03-2017, 09:56 PM
I have no problem with people holding a less social viewpoint than myself, we both agree that drugs are a problem that need to be solved just differing views on how to do it.Let people solve their own problems/ Habits... But please do not think I'm calling out conservatives,K merely the people that do this community a disservice with open bigotry. As far as I know that is a No No here on HBC care to provide a link?name? I'm starting to realize why people don't say anything, they get shamed as being a "liberal" Grow a thick skin and you won't care what people call you! when really anybody worth a cent should have no problem calling out these idiots. What idiots? (I'd like to point out. The real trolls are the people who originally went offside and never chimed in after that... gutless)Like your 36 posts since 2015 Ok ok time for names???? Stop being so cryptic now that you have crawled out of the closet let it all out, LOL LOL
X2

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 10:00 PM
ok time for names???? Stop being so cryptic now that you have crawled out of the closet let it all out, LOL LOL
X2

Just read the first page, those kinds of people, there are many more posts that made me feel embarrassed to be a member but never recorded. From this point forward now that I'm out of the closet I'll make sure it's obvious :)

Fisher-Dude
12-03-2017, 10:03 PM
Just read the first page, those kinds of people, there are many more posts that made me feel embarrassed to be a member but never recorded. From this point forward now that I'm out of the closet I'll make sure it's obvious :)

"those kinds of people"

And yet you claim others are bigots? That's rich.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 10:09 PM
"those kinds of people"

And yet you claim others are bigots? That's rich.

I have no problem being a bigot towards those that hold racist views, none what so ever. Some would almost say it's the right thing to do...

Fisher-Dude
12-03-2017, 10:11 PM
I have no problem being a bigot towards those that hold racist views, none what so ever. Some would almost say it's the right thing to do...

Who's racist? And why are you pulling the race card?

Seems to most on here that you're the bigot.

WWBC
12-03-2017, 10:15 PM
I have no problem with people holding a less social viewpoint than myself, we both agree that drugs are a problem that need to be solved just differing views on how to do it. But please do not think I'm calling out conservatives, merely the people that do this community a disservice with open bigotry. I'm starting to realize why people don't say anything, they get shamed as being a "liberal" when really anybody worth a cent should have no problem calling out these idiots. (I'd like to point out. The real trolls are the people who originally went offside and never chimed in after that... gutless)

Maybe I haven't read every post clearly but I haven't seen anything racist or bigoted....( both are wrong by the way)

Immigration problems are real and worth discussing and yes innocent people deserve more consideration than criminals....

I'm feeling some Right of centre shaming as I read some of these posts. Maybe this hunting forum isn't a" safe space" after all Haha

antlerking
12-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Danny what's your solution ? Protect Gun Toting Gangsters and run around with nar-con saving society from themselves , so they can B&E your house while your at work to steal your guns to buy more drugs so Gangsters can have new gun cause the last one killed a rival gang member and had to be ditched! When does it stop

358mag
12-03-2017, 10:18 PM
Hey guys we got ourselves a new Libtard troll

Bingo we have a winner ........

goatdancer
12-03-2017, 10:30 PM
Solve the problem lock the F**king gun toting gangsters up 10 years for dealing, stop the drug supply save the addicts ,make them productive people again!

Sounds like a great idea? Now how do you propose it should be implemented? I am not being sarcastic. I want to see solid and legal ideas.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Danny what's your solution ? Protect Gun Toting Gangsters and run around with nar-con saving society from themselves , so they can B&E your house while your at work to steal your guns to buy more drugs so Gangsters can have new gun cause the last one killed a rival gang member and had to be ditched! When does it stop

I honestly don't know the answer, and im positive there is more than one solution. I'm definetly progressive, I share my personal views in brief so you can see where I'm coming from though. Rehabilitate at whatever the cost, legalize and regulate all drugs lol, and let in lots of properly vetted immigrants. I think this is an interesting discussion start another more appropriate thread if you'd like to talk about it more.

Buckmeister
12-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Gun rights and your narrow view of this social problem have nothing to do with eachother.

Then why the heck are you bringing it up then??? Safe injection that is, this thread is about gun control.

Then move to Jordan if you want to take your rifle on public transit. If every yard had a swimming pool in it the rate of drownings would go up. Same for guns, just look south.

I didn't say I want to take a rifle on public transit, just pointing out the difference between here and there. And why is there more guns south of here??? Well duh, the population is so much bigger in the US than Canada. Population of Canada= 36.29 million. Population of USA = 323.1 million. Heck, there are more people in California alone than all of Canada with 39.25 million. Now I admit I don't know the numbers regarding gun crimes in the US or Canada, but I wonder if one looked at the percentages of gun crimes against the general population, then the US and Canada might not be too far apart percentage wise? Just wondering.

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 10:48 PM
Even though it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the United States accounted for 82 percent of all gun deaths. The United States also accounted for 90 percent of all women killed by guns, the study found. Ninety-one percent of children under 14 who died by gun violence were in the United States.

First thing on Google. My argument is do the opposite of that haha

Spy
12-03-2017, 10:48 PM
He did not say he wanted to move to Jordan & he did not say he wanted too take his rifle on the bus???? He pointed out a scenario based in another country, where people live with fear and terrorism on a daily basis and how one guy with a firearm made commuters feel safe???? You ever left Canada???
Canada has 30.8 guns per 100 people pretty high, NO????? So your swimming pool theory kind of gets thrown out the window but hey according to you everyone and everything said on this page "#1" is or are racist!!!! Well just read the page and well people are just being honest and calling a spade a spade...... no racism here if you see any please report it to a MOD

Spy
12-03-2017, 10:52 PM
Then why the heck are you bringing it up then??? Safe injection that is, this thread is about gun control.

I didn't say I want to take a rifle on public transit, just pointing out the difference between here and there. And why is there more guns south of here??? Well duh, the population is so much bigger in the US than Canada. Population of Canada= 36.29 million. Population of USA = 323.1 million. Heck, there are more people in California alone than all of Canada with 39.25 million. Now I admit I don't know the numbers regarding gun crimes in the US or Canada, but I wonder if one looked at the percentages of gun crimes against the general population, then the US and Canada might not be too far apart percentage wise? Just wondering.
Ha ha beat me to it

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Even though it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the United States accounted for 82 percent of all gun deaths. The United States also accounted for 90 percent of all women killed by guns, the study found. Ninety-one percent of children under 14 who died by gun violence were in the United States.

First thing on Google. My argument is do the opposite of that haha

This is again my response.

Spy
12-03-2017, 11:02 PM
This is again my response.
How many of these "gun deaths" were as a result of legal guns??? How many were illegal guns used in "illegal" crimes murder robbery rape? How many deaths were caused by good people killing bad people with guns? You are zoo far left and your opinion on the stats and poll are contradictory to any gun owner I know....

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 11:06 PM
How many of these "gun deaths" were as a result of legal guns??? How many were illegal guns used in "illegal" crimes murder robbery rape? How many deaths were caused by good people killing bad people with guns? You are zoo far left and your opinion on the stats and poll are contradictory to any gun owner I know....

I'm also a gun owner, but the decision is simple for me, gun laws save lives. If I have to jump through hoops to stop any percentage of those statistics I'm alright with it.

Spy
12-03-2017, 11:08 PM
I'm also a gun owner, but the decision is simple for me, gun laws save lives. If I have to jump through hoops to stop any percentage of those statistics I'm alright with it.
Ok you have 1 hour and 52 min lest before you turn back into a pumpkin ;-) lol this is not fairy land LOL

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Ok you have 1 hour and 52 min lest before you turn back into a pumpkin ;-) lol this is not fairy land LOL

This is the opinion, can't imagine it's a popular one around here haha. Inconvenient gun laws that don't effect the mass majority of gun owners all that much make a huge difference in the overall percentage of accidents of all sorts, not just the criminal element.

browningboy
12-03-2017, 11:16 PM

Call BS, 47 posts and talking like a troll... you are welcome to your views, but don’t preach them on here as you will have an uphill battle here... I personally won’t give up anymore rights, if so might as well be a rat in a cage

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Call BS, 47 posts and talking like a troll... you are welcome to your views, but don’t preach them on here as you will have an uphill battle here... I personally won’t give up anymore rights, if so might as well be a rat in a cage

Not a troll, my actual opinion, a few inconvenience's that save lives, is not that same as giving up a right.

Spy
12-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Not a troll, my actual opinion, a few inconvenience's that save lives, is not that same as giving up a right.
how old are you ?

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Old enough to drive haha

dougan
12-03-2017, 11:28 PM
Not a troll, my actual opinion, a few inconvenience's that save lives, is not that same as giving up a right.gun laws don’t save lives they only impead lawful gun owners . Give your head a shake man !!. Criminals get guns off the black market and will continue to do so regardless of any laws .

Spy
12-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Old enough to drive haha
What 19 or 29? I was driving at 11!

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 11:32 PM
What 19 or 29? I was driving at 11!

Ha, I wrote off my first car at 12 :)

Spy
12-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Ha, I wrote off my first car at 12 :)
That explains allot Im guessing head trauma?

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 11:38 PM
That explains allot Im guessing head trauma?

Yupp, luckily just on the right side :)

dougan
12-03-2017, 11:40 PM
Ha, I wrote off my first car at 12 :)well since we are one upping I hauled a load of logs in a peterbuilt at age 11 kept er shines side up as well. I’m a better driver !

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 11:41 PM
well since we are one upping I hauled a load of logs in a peterbuilt at age 11 kept er shines side up as well. I’m a better driver !

I've never in my life been accused of a good driver haha

Spy
12-03-2017, 11:51 PM
I've never in my life been accused of a good driver haha
Im betting you have never been accused of being pro gun either ;-)

Danny_29
12-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Im betting you have never been accused of being pro gun either ;-)

I am pro gun, I use them all the time.

TexasWalker
12-04-2017, 12:11 AM
I understand what Danny29 is saying and I agree with him, I've said it myself.
As long as the firearms and hunting communities have these loud voiced neo-cons waving our flag the rest of the world will always view as us lesser people.

I'm not a liberal by any stretch, I most closely align with libertarian views, I judge everybody on a clean slate no matter who they are, I don't care if you want be a woman and get gay married, fill your boots.
But as long as we have these right wing anti-abortion reefer madness jesus fearing type of people speaking in support of guns and hunting we aren't going to get anywhere.

Spy
12-04-2017, 12:16 AM
As long as the firearms and hunting communities have these loud voiced neo-cons waving our flag the rest of the world will always view as us lesser people.

I'm not a liberal by any stretch, I most closely align with libertarian views, I judge everybody on a clean slate no matter who they are, I don't care if you want be a woman and get gay married, fill your boots.
But as long as we have these right wing anti-abortion reefer madness jesus fearing type of people speaking in support of guns and hunting we aren't going to get anywhere.
Lol really can't be religious own a gun hunt & speak out????

Danny_29
12-04-2017, 12:20 AM
Lol really can't be religious own a gun hunt & speak out????

I believe he is referring to the crazies not the moderates haha

Spy
12-04-2017, 12:23 AM
I believe he is referring to the crazies not the moderates haha
Only two crazies on this thread!

TexasWalker
12-04-2017, 12:25 AM
Religious = Crazy.
They're the same thing.
I'm not a bigot though because I feel like that equally about all religion, it truly is the cancer of mankind.

Gateholio
12-04-2017, 12:27 AM

Which individual gun laws save lives? And how?

Please be specific

Danny_29
12-04-2017, 12:33 AM
Which individual gun laws save lives? And how?

Please be specific

I am not well versed enough to be specific. On the scale of 0 guns = 0 gun deaths and everyone on earth gets a gun = maximum gun deaths, closer to the 0 gun deaths side.

Gateholio
12-04-2017, 12:39 AM
I am not well versed enough to be specific. On the scale of 0 guns = 0 gun deaths and everyone on earth gets a gun = maximum gun deaths, closer to the 0 gun deaths side.

So all the posts you have made on this thread about gun control are based on complete ignorance of the facts of legitimate gun ownership, illegal guns, gun control laws and how more gun laws don't actually = less violence.

Maybe next time stick to topics you actually have some knowledge of, or ask questions, to better educate yourself about the topic of gun control.

Danny_29
12-04-2017, 12:41 AM
So all the posts you have made on this thread about gun control are based on complete ignorance of the facts of legitimate gun ownership, illegal guns, gun control laws and how more gun laws don't actually = less violence.

Maybe next time stick to topics you actually have some knowledge of, or ask questions, to better educate yourself about the topic of gun control.

But gun control laws actually do = less violence. This is a fact.

Gateholio
12-04-2017, 12:46 AM
But gun control laws actually do = less violence. This is a fact.

No, it is not a fact. It's just what you have been told and blindly accepted.

If it was a fact there would be zero violence in places that heavily restrict civilian ownership of firearms, yet it is often the opposite.

Once again, I ask-Which individual gun laws save lives? And how?

Danny_29
12-04-2017, 12:54 AM
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/10/4/16418754/gun-control-washington-post

That sums up my views pretty well. There is a limit to the overall violence you can reduce with just gun control but you can decrease gun related deaths. For me it's the accidental deaths that bother me the most.

Gateholio
12-04-2017, 01:08 AM
]
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2017/10/4/16418754/gun-control-washington-post

That sums up my views pretty well.

A very poor, very simplistic article from the WP "sums up your views?'

It's clear that you are easily influenced, and eshew any sort of personal critical thinking when you base your views on such a complex issue by reading an article in the WP.

There is a limit to the overall violence you can reduce with just gun control but you can decrease gun related deaths.

So you are only concerned about "gun deaths" and not "deaths?" If someone murders with a knife, that's ok?

But of course we are back to something I already brought up- if gun control works, why is there so much gun violence in places that heavily control civilian gun ownership?

For me it's the accidental deaths that bother me the most.

Accidental deaths are the result of poor gun control, but not the type of gun control you are thinking of.

Accidental deaths are prevent3ed with training, not magazine restrictions, where you can shoot your handgun restrictions, how long your barrel is restrictions, or any of the other BS restrcitions placed on citizens.

antlerking
12-04-2017, 01:13 AM
24 269 868 (tel:24 269 868) Motor vehicles
1669-2740 (tel:1669-2740) deaths from car accidents/year (between 1996-2015)
10 000 000 (tel:10 000 000) Guns
134-224 Murders from Guns/year (between 1995-2015)
You have 5x better chance of being killed by a car!
Danny you self proclaimed your not a good driver what do you think your chances of killing someone are? Take The Bus!

Danny_29
12-04-2017, 01:29 AM
[QUOTE=Gatehouse;1958702]].

A very poor, very simplistic article from the WP "sums up your views?'

It's a quick article with actual studies.

It's clear that you are easily influenced, and eshew any sort of personal critical thinking when you base your views on such a complex issue by reading an article in the WP. - personal attack, no need.

So you are only concerned about "gun deaths" and not "deaths?" If someone murders with a knife, that's ok?

The conversation about violence is completely different then gun deaths, guns just happened to be dragged into it.

But of course we are back to something I already brought up- if gun control works, why is there so much gun violence in places that heavily control civilian gun ownership?

This article links to studies that say the exact opposite, while acknowledging the flaws in the studies themselves, but do show that certain measures of controls were effective and others were not.

Accidental deaths are the result of poor gun control, but not the type of gun control you are thinking of.

Not true, there is plenty of things you can do to educate people to reduce preventable accidents.

Accidental deaths are prevent3ed with training, not magazine restrictions, where you can shoot your handgun restrictions, how long your barrel is restrictions, or any of the other BS restrcitions placed on citizens

I agree and the article acknowledges this as well, not all gun control methods are effective. Training is a huge part and would you be opposed to more mandatory training as a gun control tactic?
.[/Q

BimmerBob
12-04-2017, 01:47 AM
If LAWS prevented crime in any way shape or form we, in our legislated Canadian world, would have no crime whatsoever as we have so many LAWS already that a person can hardly move without breaking one of them.

The simple fact is that LAWS prevent nothing whatsoever, ONLY the acts of LAW ENFORCEMENT combined with an appropriate PENAL SYSTEM serve to prevent crime and if either of them is not functioning well the entire process is ineffective. One law that says it is illegal for a human to kill another human seems, to me, to be enough to take care of any killing that may be contemplated or envisioned. Any thought that further firearms restrictions will help to save "one innocent person" is simply silly and such an illogical conclusion that those that propose them just enhance their own stupidity and those in government that propose them are simply trying to feather their own nests and capitalize on the stupidity of those that believe them.

People (not those protecting themselves from abuse or criminal activity) that kill other people on purpose need to be permanently prevented from ever doing it again and those that premeditate to commit murder need to extinguished.

Gateholio
12-04-2017, 01:48 AM
It's a quick article with actual studies.

There are many studies that disagree with the WP, studies too. And you could always do a little of your own research. The WP article brings up Australia, like so many pro gun control articles do. You would think that their homocide rate dropped dramatically after rounding up so many guns in 1996? But actually it had a big spike upwards and didn't return to 1996 levels for 5 years, and - just like Canada - the homocide rate has been dropping ever since. Actually Canada's homocide rate has been dropping for decades,starting long before Canada introduced the new gun control measures of the 1990's

The conversation about violence is completely different then gun deaths, guns just happened to be dragged into it.

Well, the thread is about gun control, right?

This article links to studies that say the exact opposite, while acknowledging the flaws in the studies themselves, but do show that certain measures of controls were effective and others were not.

This is why you might want to do some of your own reseaarch from a variety of sources, rather than reply on a WP article to form your opinion. There are PLENTY of places with heavy gun control but high violent crime. Chicago, New York City. Mexico. California. And then there are plenty of places with little gun control and little crime like Vermont.

Not true, there is plenty of things you can do to educate people to reduce preventable accidents.

Yeah, i think I just said that, when I said :

Accidental deaths are prevent3ed with training, not magazine restrictions, where you can shoot your handgun restrictions, how long your barrel is restrictions, or any of the other BS restrcitions placed on citizens

I agree and the article acknowledges this as well, not all gun control methods are effective.

So please, please, answer the quesiton:

Which idividual gun laws save lives? And how?

Training is a huge part and would you be opposed to more mandatory training as a gun control tactic?

Education is NOT gun control, please don't confuse them.

Danny_29
12-04-2017, 02:27 AM
In response

I agree with you thoughts on the article surrounding Australia but data suggests that Australia's action did actually work, just not as effectively as they thought.

Violence can occur with or without guns, violence in society is a whole seperate subject, gun violence specifically is a very small portion of this discussion.

The cities you state clearly illustrates the cultural uniqueness of of gun violence, you can make specific cases in either direction but the data as a whole suggests otherwise. Try comparing London to New York.

We agree that education prevents accidental incidents , but I do disagree that education isn't a gun control tactic, currently in Canada you must take an educational course to buy a firearm.

The thing I hope we can agree on, this in response to your "what specific laws" question. Through research as I'm sure you've done as well you realize that the material and data is very murky, what I would support before ever offering an opinion on specifics is more money into research on what works and what doesn't. This is the first step to having practical and effective hgun control. I'm sure you'd agree that the lack of funding for such research is appalling, look up the stats in the states it's unbelievable. I'm on the side of science based policy.

A question to maybe help us get to some common ground, do you support a more progressive data based approach or the argument that guns prevent gun crime?

Gateholio
12-04-2017, 02:59 AM
In response

I agree with you thoughts on the article surrounding Australia but data suggests that Australia's action did actually work, just not as effectively as they thought.

Violence can occur with or without guns, violence in society is a whole seperate subject, gun violence specifically is a very small portion of this discussion.

Gun control advocates always want to do this- separate gun violence. But you can't, unless you want to be dishonest. Reducing guns available to murderers may reduce gun homocide, but it doesn't stop homocide. Criminals will use knives, bombs or trucks.

Take away guns and there are less gun suicides, but hangings increase.

The rate of suicide and overall violence stays the same.

And of course we still have places like Mexico where gun ownership is very hard but it has perhaps the highest rate of gun violence in the world, and places like Switzerland with high gun ownership but low crime.

Funny how New Zealand has lots of guns available yet less violence than their Aussie neighbors, too.

The cities you state clearly illustrates the cultural uniqueness of of gun violence, you can make specific cases in either direction but the data as a whole suggests otherwise. Try comparing London to New York.

Londons violent crime rate is higher than NY. NY has strict gun laws compared to much of the USA, but the UK has draconian gun laws. Yet violent crime has been on the rise in London and much of the UK.

We agree that education prevents accidental incidents , but I do disagree that education isn't a gun control tactic, currently in Canada you must take an educational course to buy a firearm.

Yes, I do agree that being forced to take a course is a form of gun control. It makes getting guns more difficult for poor people, for sure.

And despite passing the PAL test being mandatory for 25 or so years, it hasn't had an actual impact on accidental shootings in Canada.

The thing I hope we can agree on, this in response to your "what specific laws" question. Through research as I'm sure you've done as well you realize that the material and data is very murky, what I would support before ever offering an opinion on specifics is more money into research on what works and what doesn't. This is the first step to having practical and effective hgun control. I'm sure you'd agree that the lack of funding for such research is appalling, look up the stats in the states it's unbelievable. I'm on the side of science based policy.

A question to maybe help us get to some common ground, do you support a more progressive data based approach or the argument that guns prevent gun crime?

If Canada used a data based approach to gun laws all gun owners would rejoice, as most of our current gun restrictions would be removed, and replaced with a system that focuses on the individual and not objects. A data/science based approach would give the anti gun groups heart attacks though, as Canadians happily took their handguns and AR15s hunting, and enjoyed belt fed machine gun target practice in the back 40.

Singleshotneeded
12-04-2017, 03:38 AM

He's a terrorist, he has the right to be shot, and he should've been on arrival in Canada...not given our tax money. Gitmo was too good for scum like him.

Brew
12-04-2017, 06:29 AM
Danny29 do you own any firearms?

12-04-2017, 06:50 AM
Danny29 do you own any firearms?

I’d guess no. Is Danny another iteration of jasmine??

303savage
12-04-2017, 07:07 AM
I think that there should be a strict ban on guns in urban areas.”
Doesn't TRUDOPE know that the only people that a gun ban would be the legal gun owners who aren't the problem anyway.

Bring back the death penalty and use it. A life sentence is just a feeding ground for lawyers because every few years the criminal come up for review and they need a lawyer.

The ban on illegal drugs is working so well that the powers that be have set up safe injection sites for illegal drugs

Walking Buffalo
12-04-2017, 09:20 AM
The more educated I become, the more convinced I am that ALL Liberal (Progressive) people should not be allowed to have guns.

russm86
12-04-2017, 09:50 AM
Classic, what about the 1100 families that lost someone to an overdose this year that will never get to see there loved one again? Try putting a price on that.

While I do feel sorry for the family, it was the persons choice... No one forced them to overdose on illegal drugs. How the f*** is this the rest of societies problem?

mpotzold
12-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Doesn't TRUDOPE know that the only people that a gun ban would be the legal gun owners who aren't the problem anyway.

Bring back the death penalty and use it. A life sentence is just a feeding ground for lawyers because every few years the criminal come up for review and they need a lawyer.

The ban on illegal drugs is working so well that the powers that be have set up safe injection sites for illegal drugs

Fully agree as long as the sentence is not based on circumstantial evidence.
As with liberal/leftist mentality the obvious plan once the urban ban is implemented the other areas will soon follow suit.PERIOD

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY!:mrgreen:

Spy
12-04-2017, 10:10 AM
I think our "millennial" must still be sleeping ;-) shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't wake her ;-)

Spy
12-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Took this off of CGN
https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1648833-No-surprise-here-Urban-Gun-Ban/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by BAAC https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1648833-No-surprise-here-Urban-Gun-Ban/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/1648833-No-surprise-here-Urban-Gun-Ban/showthread.php?p=14366458#post14366458)

If the question was: "Do you think a ban of legal guns in urban areas will have an effect on crime?" you would have got different results. That's why they phrased it the way they did. They know it will have no results on crime stats.

Polls are total BS, as was clearly demonstrated in the last US election, and people don't trust the results. They are PR, nothing else. You fight PR with PR.

So true... working in a call center doing surveys really opened my eyes to this. It wouldn't be very hard to craft a new survey to produce a more "pro gun" result... It wouldn't be hard at all... but if you ask the average person : do you think guns should be banned from urban areas? It should be no surprise that 69% said yes... I'm actually surprised it wasn't higher. Some may simply interpret the question meaning "illegally owned" guns for example, and not even consider that the question is referring to legally owned guns.

Simply changing the question(s) to

"Do you think vetted, trained, and licensed individuals should be able to purchase firearms in Canada. So long at they adhere to safe storage, transport, and discharge laws?"

"Do you think preventing these individuals from legally owning firearms within an urban environment would prevent the spread of crime?"

You might get a different result in the polling.

Ryo
12-04-2017, 11:00 AM
This is the “mainland hunting” sub forum,
can this be put elsewhere?

Ron.C
12-04-2017, 11:02 AM
In Canada, how many injuries and deaths or crimes are committed by legally owned firearms? How many injuries deaths and crimes are committed by illegally obtained firearms, regardless of class of firearm? What is the real problem here that needs fixing.

When the hell will these morons wake up and realize those who obtain a firearm unlawfully care little about things like firearm licences, registrations or prohibitions. I'm sure safe storage and handling is also right up there on their list of concerns.

This is like saying let's ban prescription medication because people are overdosing on illegally obtained drugs.

Tougher penalties for those found in possession of or selling firearms illegally and committing crimes with firearms. I could care less if it's a .22 cal single shot rifle, hand gun , or prohibited automatic assault rifle.

Beyond contacting my local MLA and making my opinion known, what is the best organization law obiding Canadian firearms owner can join to represent us and look after our interests?

Compoundfanatic
12-04-2017, 12:54 PM
I have been a member of this forum for a while but usually resist the urge to comment on much. But I would like to personally thank Gatehouse for his very educated and very well articulated conversation with Danny. Once emotions can be pulled out of the argument and we can discuss ACTUAL FACTS, most of the liberal views start to lose ground.

303savage
12-05-2017, 06:08 PM
But no they want to create more safe Injection sites

I think the people that think safe injection sites for illegal drugs should look in a mirror to see how stupid they are.

squamishhunter
12-05-2017, 07:48 PM
In Canada, how many injuries and deaths or crimes are committed by legally owned firearms? How many injuries deaths and crimes are committed by illegally obtained firearms, regardless of class of firearm? What is the real problem here that needs fixing.

When the hell will these morons wake up and realize those who obtain a firearm unlawfully care little about things like firearm licences, registrations or prohibitions. I'm sure safe storage and handling is also right up there on their list of concerns.

This is like saying let's ban prescription medication because people are overdosing on illegally obtained drugs.

Tougher penalties for those found in possession of or selling firearms illegally and committing crimes with firearms. I could care less if it's a .22 cal single shot rifle, hand gun , or prohibited automatic assault rifle.

Beyond contacting my local MLA and making my opinion known, what is the best organization law obiding Canadian firearms owner can join to represent us and look after our interests?

It's never been about the criminal. It's about disarming a lot of tax payers so they can't say 'no' to a tyrannical government.

Surrey Boy
12-05-2017, 11:57 PM
I think the people that think safe injection sites for illegal drugs should look in a mirror to see how stupid they are.

They ought to subsidize ahooting ranges and racetracks so we have safe recreation facilities too.

Surrey Boy
12-06-2017, 12:03 AM
Religious = Crazy.
They're the same thing.
I'm not a bigot though because I feel like that equally about all religion, it truly is the cancer of mankind.

That's what Communists say. They've brought peace and enlightenment wherever they've gone and their doctrine has greatly improved humanity.

Looking_4_Jerky
12-06-2017, 02:00 AM

Danny, although I applaud the effort you have made and admire your tenacity for trying to rehab the scads of f*cking inbred hillbilly rejects that dominate this site, TexasWalker has you beat in terms of getting to the point. See 2nd and last sentences in particular.

Looking_4_Jerky
12-06-2017, 02:05 AM
Religious = Crazy.
They're the same thing.

Wow. Second best post in this thread and it's not even about the thread topic.

Looking_4_Jerky
12-06-2017, 02:18 AM
While I do feel sorry for the family, it was the persons choice... No one forced them to overdose on illegal drugs. How the f*** is this the rest of societies problem?

Dude, are you kidding? Hey, please be careful and don't drive off the edge of the flat earth on your way back from the pro-Trump meeting...

Looking_4_Jerky
12-06-2017, 02:26 AM

Thank you for this pearl of wisdom. That's it! Install mirrors at the sites. Everybody will just see how stupid they are and quit being so dumb. Problem solved!

Looking_4_Jerky
12-06-2017, 02:30 AM
They ought to subsidize ahooting ranges and racetracks so we have safe recreation facilities too.

Not sure about the race tracks, but love the idea of government subsidized shooting ranges!

Looking_4_Jerky
12-06-2017, 02:38 AM
That's what Communists say. They've brought peace and enlightenment wherever they've gone and their doctrine has greatly improved humanity.

The only hope for countering something as crazy as most contemporary religions is a concept as radical as communism. The communists figured if someone could get you hook, line and sinker on the idea of heaven and hell, buying into communism shouldn't be a leap...