PDA

View Full Version : The Great Migration

moosinaround
08-10-2007, 09:46 PM
So up here in 7a we are seeing the yearly migration of the well known species Hunteris lowermainlandis common name southerners. They seem to take the same route every year hwy 97 N through PG, and on to points north. Most of the dominant males are in large camperized vehicles, followed along with trailers of atv's home made meat coolers, and there is usually a boat or flotation device attached. It is felt that these critters are friendly, and my experience with them has been favourable. Scientists have attached homing devices on these critters before, but they are cagy and the wherabouts of their movements are usually lost near the mackenzie junction, powder king areas. They feel it may have something to do with the mountainous terrain. My personal opinion is that they have some how figured out how to remove the device to protect their main hunting area. If these critters are encountered, please please treat as gentle creatures, but I repeat don't under any circumstances get between them and any of their prey, or beer. Moosin

Steeleco
08-10-2007, 09:52 PM
LMAO, thanks that's funny

7mmag
08-11-2007, 01:20 AM
This time of year it is easy to mistake Hunteris Lowermailandis with his northern counter part Slakjawdis Yockalis. Equally as gentle as the “southerners” he can be identified buy a lack of front teeth. He can be spotted transiting from trailer to hunting grounds every evening of the season in a rusted Chevy pick up. Many attempts to track this noble beast have been attempted (the most successful tracking device being a mock Bud beer can it the bed of his pick up) but the secrets of his highly successful hunting methods are still a mystery. Although a tame and gentle animal one should avoid approaching Slakjawdis Yockalis when he is stocking game or in the vicinity of his female cousins.:wink:

kennyg826
08-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Thanks 7mm. Hit the nail on the head with the bud can.:mrgreen:

pupper
08-11-2007, 07:23 AM
[quote=Most of the dominant males are in large camperized vehicles, followed along with trailers of atv's home made meat coolers, and there is usually a boat or flotation device attached. [/quote]

That is so true, during fall the 97 is a convoy of camperized trucks with boats:mrgreen:

newhunterette
08-11-2007, 07:33 AM
okay y'all finally did it - I officially need Depends - y'all made me laugh so hard I pee'd myself and now my family really thinks I am certifiable.

TOOOO FUNNY

thanks I needed a really good start of laughter - ur wonderful

Ali

hunter1947
08-11-2007, 08:10 AM
You can count my off the list of traveling hiway 97 ,i'm flying with the crows ,hiway #3 :mrgreen:.

BlacktailStalker
08-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Yep the crow flyway is the way to go !

Chuck
08-11-2007, 10:47 AM
I'd never heard about such a foolish thing in all my life, nor even considered it happened. But I came to realize one time, and saw for myself that it's true. While stopped at the Safeway store in Quesnel some years back, the parking lot soon filled up with all manner of moving vehicle one morning. For a while I was baffled as to what this could possibly be about until I realized that the gathering of all these strange machines and oddly dressed, lumbering, unshaven, bleary-eyed men were in fact waiting for the opening of the government operated liquid refreshment store, which was located just next to the Safeway store. Out they'd come, loaded with boxes and bags, mill about for a time till they had carefully stashed their supply and then either stopping for fuel next door at the Chevron station, or not, proceed back out on to 97 and take off in the direction of Prince George. With all my hunting experience, I should have realized much sooner that watering holes are indeed good places to set up and wait for all species of wildlife to stop in!

moose hunter
08-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Got my tags:D

moosinaround
08-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I can identify with the species Slakjawdis Yockalis. You are correct in the favoured bait for us but really we like to shop local and drink PWB traditional lager. Moosin

Elkhound
08-13-2007, 12:28 PM
I am offended and I am deleting the whole thread except for the part about the Slakjawdis Yockalis.:p

Too funny guys.

browningboy
08-13-2007, 12:34 PM
LMAO, thats so true, you see it either way and defineatley see all types of set ups, I used to laugh as my wife said she could track us by our debit purchases from certain establishments on the way up!LOL This thread is so true!

kishman
08-13-2007, 12:46 PM
uhumm.......Mooo Mooo Moooo

Here I come!

willy442
08-13-2007, 12:56 PM
With the opening of moose just around the corner, the males with thier camperized vehicles and trailers of ,beer, quads, freezers, boats, generators, tarps and gas cans are starting to arrive as far north as Pink Mountain. The new Back Country Sporting Goods parking lot in Fort St John is the best place for viewing the assortment of gear and equipment it takes to harvest a bull moose. Damn: The meat must be GOOD!

browningboy
08-13-2007, 02:04 PM
With the opening of moose just around the corner, the males with thier camperized vehicles and trailers of ,beer, quads, freezers, boats, generators, tarps and gas cans are starting to arrive as far north as Pink Mountain. The new Back Country Sporting Goods parking lot in Fort St John is the best place for viewing the assortment of gear and equipment it takes to harvest a bull moose. Damn: The meat must be GOOD!

AMEN BROTHER!!LOL

plumbob
08-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I seen the first part of the migration today through PG trucks campers Quads and yes freezers.I think I'm just jelouse as I was working when I saw this.

BCrams
08-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Yep .. its happening ... I counted over 40 rigs headed north when I drove to Williams Lake this morning.

willy442
08-14-2007, 06:21 AM
The Swamp Donkeys are in trouble. Those headed for the Stewart Lake area, we will have heavy equipment and crews working in there so please be aware. The oil company has requested we post signs and close the back end access. However as long as hunters are resectful of the workers, we will leave it open.

Thanks

Rubicon500
08-15-2007, 05:25 PM
hahah it wouldn't be out of your nature to block a road for residents would it willy??:D

willy442
08-15-2007, 06:23 PM
hahah it wouldn't be out of your nature to block a road for residents would it willy??:D

Keep it up and I promise you it WILL CLOSE LEGALLY for the safety of my employee's!

elkster
08-15-2007, 07:56 PM
You can always tell the boys from the rock (rock-a-woolers), cause we all wear the stanfield gray woolens cause its so cold up thar!!. Also we buy our gas and liquids along the way, cause bc ferries don't allow gas cans on their boats, and we don't like to pack all that extra weight of liquid refreshmens due to the cost of gas. If we could only harness the natural gas happening in the trucks on the way up, we could save a ton of money.l

moosinaround
08-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Hey willy and rubicon, way to take the light humor that this thread was supposed to show out of it! Moosin

willy442
08-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Hey willy and rubicon, way to take the light humor that this thread was supposed to show out of it! Moosin

The light humor is great and part of why I took the side of hunters in our prejob safety meetings. I requested that we only post signs of workers in the area please be careful, instead of posting the area as non hunting like the brass out of Calgary was requesting (remember they own the road). I wish every one hunting the area ( some of whom I spoke with today) the best of luck. This don't mean I have to tolerate a smart ass, set on ruining everyones opportunity.