PDA

View Full Version : Gang Ranch 2017

srupp
11-28-2017, 08:40 PM
Hi guys..if anyone hunted the gang ranch, Empire ranch, Especially Black dome mountain rd..i would appreciate talking for a few moments..i will call on my dime.
Especially the couple crew from Victoria who were successful:mrgreen:...

Thank you muchly.
Cheers
Steven Rupp

Bugle M In
11-28-2017, 08:54 PM
That is one place I would sure like to go before I get too old....

jessonml
11-28-2017, 08:59 PM
I'd be happy to have a chat. We were there for the re opening for a few days.
pm for ph number.
Matt

srupp
11-28-2017, 09:33 PM
Hmmmmm Matt..your inbox is full..lol
Steven

jessonml
11-28-2017, 09:56 PM
I took care of that. Sorry Steven!

srupp
11-28-2017, 10:05 PM
Tease..lol
Srupp

afors
11-29-2017, 02:47 PM
I was up for a few days this past weekend... I believe that group is hunting till the close.

steepNdeep
11-29-2017, 04:57 PM
A buddy just got back from the Gang. They follwed a big pack of wolves tracks up the road to their camp. They shot a wolf & missed a couple others in the same spot last year...

They saw a lot less deer than past years. His girlfriend shot the only buck between 3 of them. Her best - a ~24" 4x4... Sounds like cool country! We're talking about hunting wolves there this winter...

Good luck.

Ltbullken
11-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Never known anyone to get any permission on Gang Ranch itself.

swampthing
11-29-2017, 08:35 PM
I use the "gang ranch" term to mean anything across the fraser.

Sitkaspruce
11-29-2017, 08:36 PM
Never known anyone to get any permission on Gang Ranch itself.

We used to, a long time ago. Two big coolers of salmon, hali, ling, cod and shellfish helped......

Would have a meeting with the foreman every Nov on where we could and could not go. Was great, until some asshat decided to try and cancel their doe tag between the ranch houses....We were allowed that year and then after that, we could use the ranch to access the crown land behind it, in places others could not. But no more ranch land.

Have not been back in 15 years. Too many people, too many asshats and found other places to fill the tags.

Cheers

SS

okas
11-29-2017, 09:33 PM
25 years too late there

mulieaddiction
11-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Before 15 years or so there where lots of big mulies. now hard to find and didnt help they had it open for any buck there before as well maybe tike to find another area like that

dino
11-30-2017, 12:24 AM
Don't believe the bs. There are lots of bucks but mostly small. The bigger ones are just moving in the thicker stuff at knight. Most guys that are there now know what their doing.

Fisher-Dude
11-30-2017, 10:18 AM
Before 15 years or so there where lots of big mulies. now hard to find and didnt help they had it open for any buck there before as well maybe tike to find another area like that

So not shooting every 4 point on the land is why there are no big 4 points left. Alrighty then.

Ugh. This is getting so tiresome.

okas
11-30-2017, 10:45 AM
after a while you hunt deer for the hunt as if it is not 5x5 or better i just watch it and shoot near him to let him know be more alert buddy. i still have a great trip . moose elk and white tail are food big mule deer are sport . Oh yea and no uneven stuff this really makes it just camping and searching

srupp
11-30-2017, 10:53 AM
Hmm there are lots of deer left.
There are some big bodied brutes..300 pounds
There are hat racks left.
No not every 90 year old can harvest a 190 on the main road on thanksgiving day anymore.
But if you hunt them like whitetails..and not like typical mulies.....
These deer have been hunted for decades hard.they have indeed created their own tactics for survival..they are not Harri Housing. .

The question that started this was not if there were deer, or if there were big deer..but some changes to the shooting restrictions posted by BC Parks.

Off for surgery
Thank you all, will be in contact
Steven

Whonnock Boy
11-30-2017, 10:58 AM
Before leaving on my trip I did a quick google search where I found there is now a 400 meter no shooting restriction from any designated roads. Since I had not been in there in quite some time, I assumed if had been in effect for a few years now. Is it new this year?

but some changes to the shooting restrictions posted by BC Parks.

Bugle M In
11-30-2017, 12:57 PM
Hmm there are lots of deer left.
There are some big bodied brutes..300 pounds
There are hat racks left.
No not every 90 year old can harvest a 190 on the main road on thanksgiving day anymore.
But if you hunt them like whitetails..and not like typical mulies.....
These deer have been hunted for decades hard.they have indeed created their own tactics for survival..they are not Harri Housing. .

The question that started this was not if there were deer, or if there were big deer..but some changes to the shooting restrictions posted by BC Parks.

Off for surgery
Thank you all, will be in contact
Steven

Good point on deer changing their patterns etc due to being hunted for years.
Think about it, in the 50's, there hadn't been a whole lot of hunting back then...
but every generation since then has been "taught" how and when to move.

twoSevenO
11-30-2017, 02:12 PM
If there were no 4 points that place wouldn't be so packed in November.

jessonml
11-30-2017, 04:15 PM
I'd like to learn more about this 400m shooting restriction from any designated roads in BC Parks? Does someone have a link to post? I hunt waaaay off the roads in the Churn but would still like to hear what has changed.