PDA

View Full Version : Hunters Sporting Goods - New Management?

One Shot
08-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Is Hunters under new management? I went in there yesterday and they had all new staff, I didn't recognize any one. There were two good size clean cut guys selling to customers and a quite Korean looking gent standing at the till. One of the guys needed a price check and an Asian lady came out from the back. Also they were replacing all the lighting in the store. I stood around for some service and no one asked me if I wanted some help, albeit the two guys were talking with a customer. Gun racks and cabinets were full. The store just had a whole different atmosphere. :confused:

Leaseman
08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Changing for the better I am told....going back to more hunting, less tactical....about time!!!

Steeleco
08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Funny I was in there too last week and wrote it off as hired help, HUM I wonder
I'll have to ask around on Gunntuz!

rollingrock
08-10-2007, 02:29 PM
And radio commercial on News 1130 too. I think that's pretty cool as I'd never heard anything hunting/shooting related on any TV/radio station before.

Steeleco
08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
I asked the question on Gunnutz, apparently they're not that savvy when it come to serving customers???

We'll see how long they last?

Kechika
08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
That place is laughable

BCLongshot
08-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't want to offend anybody but the previous owners if there gone were losers in my opinion.

boonerbuck
08-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I lived within a couple of blocks of both their stores between the 80's and 90's.

I use to hang out with their daughter years ago. She was a lot of fun.:)

They did leave a lot to be desired at the shop though.

Kechika
08-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I lived within a couple of blocks of both their stores between the 80's and 90's.

I use to hang out with their daughter years ago. She was a lot of fun.:)

They did leave a lot to be desired at the shop though.

I wouldnt admit to anyone you were from that neibourhood:wink:

boonerbuck
08-11-2007, 02:32 AM
I wouldnt admit to anyone you were from that neibourhood:wink:

From...no way, *lived in* couple of years in both.:-D

When I moved from back east in the 80's I lived near Victoria and Kingsway where their original store was. Before I moved to the interior I lived in Guilford for acouple of years. Actaully the neighbourhood there was tucked away hiding from the crap.

pmj
08-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Went there on Saturday for their annual sale, 20% off on ammo:-D. The same fellow that has always been there (Brock?) was there with some new faces.

Elkhound
08-13-2007, 12:25 PM
I don't want to offend anybody but the previous owners if there gone were losers in my opinion.

Yup...cause we all know how you are afraid to give your opinion:roll:

:biggrin:

BCBear
08-13-2007, 12:35 PM

My recollection exactly. I don't like being told what I want if a store doesn't have what I need.