PDA

View Full Version : Haig Brown

kagia
11-24-2017, 03:26 AM
I've done some searching and can't seem to find any infor on this.

We're supposed to be doing a hike-in camping/flyfishing trip this weekend. Don't know for sure yet, but it soinds like we may be hiking up toward Adams Lake and fishing our way back down the East side of the river.

I was hoping to bring the takedown .22 along and spend a bit of time loiking for grouse and hares, but totally forgot that most of the trip will be in the provincial park.

Is hunting permitted in Haig Brown park? I don't see anything about it on the government website.

Thanks.

boxhitch
11-24-2017, 04:40 AM
Which website are you viewing?
the BC Parks page for Haig Brown shows icons for activities, 'hunting' isn't one that is listed

kagia
11-24-2017, 04:53 AM
Must be looking at the same website. So I guess that means no hunting?

LuckyHorseshoe
11-24-2017, 08:58 AM
There used to be a list somewhere out there of all parks that allowed hunting but I can't seem to find it anymore

LuckyHorseshoe
11-24-2017, 09:05 AM
If I had to venture a guess tho I would say it's a no go. There's a lot of hiking trails and heavily used public areas around there. I don't think I would want to shoot there

walks with deer
11-24-2017, 09:22 AM
lots of whitetails near bye.

BRvalley
11-24-2017, 09:34 AM
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/regulations/parks_hunt.pdf

1 shot 1 kill
11-24-2017, 09:54 AM
I've done some searching and can't seem to find any infor on this.

We're supposed to be doing a hike-in camping/flyfishing trip this weekend. Don't know for sure yet, but it soinds like we may be hiking up toward Adams Lake and fishing our way back down the East side of the river.

I was hoping to bring the takedown .22 along and spend a bit of time loiking for grouse and hares, but totally forgot that most of the trip will be in the provincial park.

Is hunting permitted in Haig Brown park? I don't see anything about it on the government website.

Thanks.

No hunting allowed inside park boundaries and tons of families walk those trails daily, my family included