PDA

View Full Version : CWD makes its way into Montana

Harvest the Land
11-21-2017, 09:22 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this. But it looks like CWD has now made it to another one of our borders. Montana hasn't had a case of CWD before, and now they've discovered two cases in last 2 weeks.

http://montanauntamed.com/montana-untamed/article_d9a8cbe7-2837-5526-95ab-a5c425c4e4ab.html

HarryToolips
11-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Damn...too bad it can't kill wolves..

Chrispryn
11-21-2017, 09:29 PM
This ain't good. Where can one find the confirmed distribution of CWD?

Bugle M In
11-22-2017, 12:45 AM
Damn...too bad it can't kill wolves..

:razz:....................................

2chodi
11-22-2017, 07:25 AM
This ain't good. Where can one find the confirmed distribution of CWD?

There is a map in this presentation http://nprg.ca/2017/06/a-guide-to-understanding-chronic-wasting-disease/

stinkyduck
11-23-2017, 08:21 PM
I believe CWD comes from animals eating GMO crops? Monsantos GMO crops are killers of many species. Over 60 countries have now banned these poisons.

oclarkii
11-23-2017, 08:27 PM
I believe CWD comes from animals eating GMO crops? Monsantos GMO crops are killers of many species. Over 60 countries have now banned these poisons.

Ummmmmmmm...... Pardon?

bownut
11-23-2017, 08:54 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this. But it looks like CWD has now made it to another one of our borders. Montana hasn't had a case of CWD before, and now they've discovered two cases in last 2 weeks.

http://montanauntamed.com/montana-untamed/article_d9a8cbe7-2837-5526-95ab-a5c425c4e4ab.html

When Valerius Geist spoke at the BCWF Meeting he warned everyone about this, but some people may have had their ears plugged.

Pretty ironic when Kelowna hosted the Mule Deer Strategy meeting my friend asked the Head Bio speaker why Montana was pushing for a No Baiting Law.
His reply was that it was a Social Decision.

Read the Alert and is states the CWD is is most commonly passed through their saliva.
Hmmmm......

bearvalley
11-23-2017, 09:00 PM
When Valerius Geist spoke at the BCWF Meeting he warned everyone about this, but some people may have had their ears plugged.

Pretty ironic when Kelowna hosted the Mule Deer Strategy meeting my friend asked the Head Bio speaker why Montana was pushing for a No Baiting Law.
His reply was that it was a Social Decision.

Read the Alert and is states the CWD is is most commonly passed through their saliva.
Hmmmm......

Its all anecdotal....it just can’t be true!

bownut
11-23-2017, 09:58 PM
Its all anecdotal....it just can’t be true!

No shit, makes me think that I been drinking the Kool aid for way too long.

The sad thing is all now I have to burn all my books.

J_06
11-24-2017, 12:48 AM
I believe CWD comes from animals eating GMO crops? Monsantos GMO crops are killers of many species. Over 60 countries have now banned these poisons. You really should have a looky loo at the link above your post, that or loosen the tinfoil..

VFX_man
11-24-2017, 11:40 AM
I was actually concerned that a few deer on my trail cameras might have it. But when the fall rains came and ended the summer drought, they fattened back up and were looking healthy and fat again for the winter.

This dry summer and last winter's heavy snow really stressed the critters which could open them up to disease susceptibility. Maybe that is why everyone's numbers are down?

Salty
11-24-2017, 11:52 AM
One confirmed case and this second in for detailed testing in a state rich with wildlife that spends more money on wildlife management than we do on health care. OK I'm exaggerating, but you get my point. The sky isn't falling as always though this has to be watched like a hawk. Which it is. I recall on the presentation from the U of Montana biologist SSS posted recently in his power point stuff there was a whole page on the front page of the state literature dedicated to CWD even before any cases in the state. And also iirc the state budget for wildlife management was about 90 million, they're on it.

Walking Buffalo
11-24-2017, 12:13 PM
One confirmed case and this second in for detailed testing in a state rich with wildlife that spends more money on wildlife management than we do on health care. OK I'm exaggerating, but you get my point. The sky isn't falling as always though this has to be watched like a hawk. Which it is. I recall on the presentation from the U of Montana biologist SSS posted recently in his power point stuff there was a whole page on the front page of the state literature dedicated to CWD even before any cases in the state. And also iirc the state budget for wildlife management was about 90 million, they're on it.

I'm sure this will be taken seriously.

Currently the only way to STOP the spread of CWD once present is to ELIMINATE ALL DEER in the region without any escapement.

Governments can't get the social licence to do so.

This will get worse before it gets better....

J_T
11-24-2017, 12:55 PM
As Region 4 is the closest region to Montana, I think we're doing our part with a GOS doe season to eliminate all deer and reduce/eliminate the spread of CWD (if it's headed this way) into other parts of BC. CWD has been taken seriously for over 20 years and with this indication in another jurisdiction that is within normal wildlife movement reach of BC, it will be taken seriously. Time for high fencing at the 49th parallel.

stinkyduck
11-24-2017, 07:21 PM
I dont believe all the propaganda i read.

bownut
11-24-2017, 08:13 PM
as region 4 is the closest region to montana, i think we're doing our part with a gos doe season to eliminate all deer and reduce/eliminate the spread of cwd (if it's headed this way) into other parts of bc. Cwd has been taken seriously for over 20 years and with this indication in another jurisdiction that is within normal wildlife movement reach of bc, it will be taken seriously. Time for high fencing at the 49th parallel.

thats it charlie brown!