PDA

View Full Version : Wish I could cure my fever

dougan
11-18-2017, 12:59 PM
Currently sitting on a rock 4hour hike from pickup in region 3 bucks are pushing does hard today. I've been setting up waiting and have seen two mature bucks so far today problem is I get so blood exited it's hard to count points. 99% sure both were legal but shaking to bad lol. Thought I'd gotten over it but it's back full tilt. I'll keep waiting

whognu
11-18-2017, 01:03 PM
if you were a true friend you would immediately install a go-pro on your head and live stream the action................

just sayin

good luck; have fun; shoot straight................ish

LYKTOHUNT
11-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Currently sitting on a rock 4hour hike from pickup in region 3 bucks are pushing does hard today. I've been setting up waiting and have seen two mature bucks so far today problem is I get so blood exited it's hard to count points. 99% sure both were legal but shaking to bad lol. Thought I'd gotten over it but it's back full tilt. I'll keep waiting
Well The way I see it, if you dont get somewhat excited it is time to quit, Its good you realize it and dont just pull the trigger and possibly make a mistake that could possibly ruin your hunting for life.
I was just in region 3-27 and saw only 3 points after looking a long time,so you are doing everything right

Spy
11-18-2017, 03:03 PM
Breath and breath some more good luck :-)

Bugle M In
11-18-2017, 04:26 PM
tell yourself you are only going to shoot if it is a 200+ buck.....
That way you can surprise yourself if the gun goes off on a 160 class....and your heart never skipped a beat!
Can't help you if it ends up being a 200 class.....then we all reach "heart attack" status....:-P

ForestWalker10
11-18-2017, 05:05 PM
why are you on your phone?! enjoy the wilderness.

bigredchev
11-18-2017, 05:34 PM
It's always fun forcing a 3 point to sprout a 4th tine with sheer will from 200 yards away with binos

HarryToolips
11-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Good,ol buck fever, gets any experienced guy as well...as others have said, make good and sure it's a 4 pt, if you mentally hold out for a big one that'll make that job easier, good luck..

11-18-2017, 09:30 PM
I got a Fever ....... I Just Gotta Have More Cow Bell ....

for real, when I loose that excitement, the increased pulse, the knocking knees lol, be it a Buck, Bull , or big Smiley Spring passed off to a newby, relative or friend ..... I'll consider hanging ER up.