PDA

View Full Version : Slow Motion Bullet Impact on Deer

gamer
11-17-2017, 07:39 PM
Found this on Reddit and thought I would share here. It was interesting to see bullet trail across grass before impact. Good shot placement but I'm sure the far shoulder is toast, as far as meat goes. At least you know he isn't running away.

https://i.imgur.com/OdKzfEK.gifv

358mag
11-17-2017, 07:56 PM
That's what you would call a bang- flop

TexasWalker
11-17-2017, 08:10 PM
Guess he doesn't like shoulder roasts.

Buckmeister
11-17-2017, 09:38 PM
Neat how the camera catches the path of the bullet. Saw that once on a hunting video years ago on a 250 yard shot. Could see that weird shimmer (like a mirage) all the way to the buck over the entire path.

Edzzed
11-18-2017, 11:12 AM
Neat how the camera catches the path of the bullet. Saw that once on a hunting video years ago on a 250 yard shot. Could see that weird shimmer (like a mirage) all the way to the buck over the entire path.snipers use a spotter who follows the contrail and gives updates to the sniper if a second shot is needed

358mag
11-18-2017, 09:54 PM
Guess he doesn't like shoulder roasts.

Nor does he like to fallow blood trails ........:wink::wink:

Jagermeister
11-18-2017, 10:57 PM
That looks like a perfect spinal shot. Did two, one on mule deer and other on moose. Bang/flop

lowball
11-19-2017, 07:14 AM
That looks like a perfect spinal shot. Did two, one on mule deer and other on moose. Bang/flop

Prolly a 22-250

uraarchr
11-19-2017, 08:46 AM
I've recorded my 500 yd shots thru spotting scope(in winter) and can see the travel path of bullet till it hits target.looks cool.

uraarchr
11-19-2017, 08:47 AM
Looks cooler there with the kill shot.

DeepJeep
11-20-2017, 09:46 AM
cool video. thanks for sharing.
There's a lot of these on youtube showing the travel path of the bullet till impact -incase anyone is interested.

Bugle M In
11-20-2017, 10:17 AM
Watching that, I am starting to question that I may be aiming a little too low?
Seems a little high?, but the results are perfect, basically dead before it hits the ground, about as ethical as one
can get....IMO.
Obviously for some who may not know (and from what I see on the video from my perspective) is that if you
do shoot "uphill", you generally have to aim a little lower then you would flat out, but, this depends on distance
of course.

Elkaddict
11-20-2017, 10:52 AM
I'd say keep aiming where your aiming. It looks to me like he got spined. They drop like a brick, but he may or may not be done. Once the effects of the massive shockwave that rippled through his body wears off he could be laying there paralyzed but still alive. It has happened to me once with an elk feeding in a cut block. Same kinda shot at about 200 yes. The bull dropped like a turd from a tall cow, but when I got up to him I had to finish him. Less dramatic, but I would much rather put one through the boiler room have them expire right away.

Watching that, I am starting to question that I may be aiming a little too low?
Seems a little high?, but the results are perfect, basically dead before it hits the ground, about as ethical as one
can get....IMO.
Obviously for some who may not know (and from what I see on the video from my perspective) is that if you
do shoot "uphill", you generally have to aim a little lower then you would flat out, but, this depends on distance
of course.