PDA

View Full Version : bitter sweet...

srupp
11-15-2017, 04:45 PM
My neighbor and great guy loves hunting.loves hunting.
Met him Sept. At mail post box..he commented no bucks around anywhere.
Last Friday he shot and harvested a good 4x4 mulie buck...en route bringing buck to his truck and to brag to his hunting partner that he got a gooder"...he suffered a fatal medical event..and died.
His hunting partner found him in sight of the vehicle..nothing could be done.

He is survived by wife and 2 grown wonderful sons.

Sucks to have lost him? However he went not in a hospital with tubes, not in a motor vehicle accident..
He went doing what he loved..and a 4x4 buck...
Will miss him.

Steven

todbartell
11-15-2017, 04:48 PM
that's how I want to go

RIP

bc8x8
11-15-2017, 04:51 PM
Hope that he went happy...and painless.

VFX_man
11-15-2017, 04:53 PM
So sad, glad he was doing what he loved when he passed on. Please tell the family our thoughts go out to them.

-VFX

IronNoggin
11-15-2017, 04:55 PM
Something to be said for going out like that Buddy.
Condolences...

Matt

fozzy
11-15-2017, 05:30 PM
That's sad but like already said hopefully it was as painless as possible and yes much better than dragging on sick for a long time in a hospital. That kind of end would suit me just fine, only one other scenario that might be better but I wont get into that here, Lol.

boxhitch
11-15-2017, 06:21 PM
tough to figure on a better scenarioo, attago
rip hunter

Budman
11-15-2017, 06:22 PM
Condolences to the family and I can't think of a better way to go.

campking
11-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Yes please pass my condolences on to his family, like others have said and I bet many of us if asked would
chose that way of passing over any other.

bigredchev
11-15-2017, 07:05 PM
To go with a smile on is all we can ask for. Best wishes

Dash
11-15-2017, 07:06 PM
That's heartbreaking to hear but I'm glad he left doing what he loved. My condolences to you srupp and to his family.

Looking_4_Jerky
11-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Condolences, SRUPP.

We lost my mom to cancer this year, and although skipping the final stages of significant suffering would obviously have been desirable, there is something to be said for being able to come to terms with the fact she would be going and having a chance to all say goodbye. Losing good people is hard either way. Hopefully the fact he was enjoying life right until the end is some consolation to his family and friends.

Big Lew
11-16-2017, 07:50 AM
Although it's always sad when someone close to us passes, some people have a difficult time with the reality
that we all die, some sooner than others. Most of us don't get to choose that time, but passing while doing
something we love to do, or going in our sleep, is my choice for sure. I've lost many relatives and friends, some
died suddenly while others after lengthy and painful circumstances....neither way is pleasant.

brian
11-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Just the time I was out hunting I was wondered how many guys suffer heart attacks either when aiming down on an animal or when dragging it out. I guess it happens. I'd rather die in the bush than in a hospital bed any day... I wonder if my family would disagree?