PDA

View Full Version : Whitetail Cape

Chrispryn
11-14-2017, 12:47 PM
Anyone out there have a big whitetail cape they want to trade/sell or donate?

Shot myself a good animal and skinned out for a euro mount. Now im full of regret and i want to mount that baby for the wall.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

dougan
11-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Have you checked with taxi ?

Chrispryn
11-14-2017, 01:24 PM
Yeh ive called around. Might have one available but just checking in with the HBC crowd also

Rupert Retired
11-14-2017, 01:59 PM
I have done that myself with a big mule deer. Pics?

Chrispryn
11-14-2017, 02:04 PM
I have done that myself with a big mule deer. Pics?

Check out my story. Whitetail hits the snow. The pics are on there

Ajsawden
11-14-2017, 02:38 PM
It's too bad. It looks like it had a beautiful cape.

fozzy
11-14-2017, 11:40 PM
PM wild images, he may have a cape..

Tuffcity
11-15-2017, 08:11 PM
PM wild images, he may have a cape..

As long as he doesn't give you one of the two of mine he has. ;)

RC

1/2 slam
11-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Have you checked with taxi ?

Why would he check with a taxi? He doesn't need a ride. Perhaps a taxidermist might have one for sale.

11-16-2017, 12:26 PM
P M coming

Huevos
11-16-2017, 08:15 PM
Too bad I didn't read this last night. I would have saved the cape from my deer for you. My daughter still has a tag so if she gets a decent buck, I will save the cape and check back.

Chrispryn
11-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Too bad I didn't read this last night. I would have saved the cape from my deer for you. My daughter still has a tag so if she gets a decent buck, I will save the cape and check back.

That would be slick. Thanks mate

Chrispryn
11-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Anyone have any luck getting a good whitey with an unwanted cape yet?

Stone Sheep Steve
11-29-2017, 12:10 PM
Anyone have any luck getting a good whitey with an unwanted cape yet?

Another 'crap'! Forgot about this thread. Could have helped you out.

SSS

walks with deer
11-29-2017, 12:16 PM
umm i have a frozen 3 point one when i say frozen its laying in a pile in my back yard..much smaller than your beauty..

Rackmastr
11-29-2017, 02:09 PM
I have a couple capes in the freezer and would sell you one. I'm out in Cranbrook so let me know if that helps or not. I have both a bigger bodied BC buck as well as a couple Alberta and Sask bucks

Chrispryn
12-03-2017, 02:02 AM
Thanks to everyone that reached out to me on my search for a cape. I managed to connect with Curly Top and he had a perfect cape for me. A beautiful deer he shot. Big old bugger with lots of character. To top it off curly was a super cool dude. The kind of guy i want to be when im his age. So that makes the whole thing feel very good to me. A deer i shot with the cape from a guy i can look up too. Proud to display that on my wall.

Thanks again to all the great HBC members that got in contact with me

Chris

Huevos
12-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Awesome. Don't forget to share a pic when you get him back from the taxidermist.

12-03-2017, 06:11 PM
[QUOTE=Chrispryn;1958289]Thanks to everyone that reached out to me on my search for a cape. I managed to connect with Curly Top and he had a perfect cape for me. A beautiful deer he shot. Big old bugger with lots of character. To top it off curly was a super cool dude. The kind of guy i want to be when im his age. So that makes the whole thing feel very good to me. A deer i shot with the cape from a guy i can look up too. Proud to display that on my wall.

Chris[/QUOTE

It's a pleasure to help Chris..... Cool dude yes, wanna be like..... Yes....thanks for the compliments .. BUT
Old Guy lol haha..... Thanks a lot bud, how old do you think I am, I'm not ancient man!
Just want to help like a few have on here with me..... It's great to help others.
CT

Chrispryn
12-03-2017, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=Chrispryn;1958289]Thanks to everyone that reached out to me on my search for a cape. I managed to connect with Curly Top and he had a perfect cape for me. A beautiful deer he shot. Big old bugger with lots of character. To top it off curly was a super cool dude. The kind of guy i want to be when im his age. So that makes the whole thing feel very good to me. A deer i shot with the cape from a guy i can look up too. Proud to display that on my wall.

Chris[/QUOTE

It's a pleasure to help Chris..... Cool dude yes, wanna be like..... Yes....thanks for the compliments .. BUT
Old Guy lol haha..... Thanks a lot bud, how old do you think I am, I'm not ancient man!
Just want to help like a few have on here with me..... It's great to help others.
CT

Haha sorry mate. Old bugger with lots of character was in reference to your buck. I can see the confusion. Sorry mate

12-03-2017, 06:54 PM
OMG!!!!
NO THAT'S NOT IT EITHER haha

As said like to be able to help. But...... When I get to be his age....... Lol... Wow guess I'm older then I think. Dammit!

Looking forward to seeing how it works out on your Buck Chris. All the best to you.

CT