PDA

View Full Version : Whisker Biscuit question

pitbell
08-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I was told that you can only use straight fletching with the W.B. Is this true?

pupper
08-08-2007, 09:43 AM
not true, I shoot left hand helical fletches out of my wisker and it groups great!

just make sure if you shoot a right handed bow with a wisker you need to make your helical fletching Left Handed!!

Derek_Erickson
08-08-2007, 10:59 AM
get rid of it get one of these!

http://www.qadinc.com/c-5-.aspx

Bow Walker
08-08-2007, 03:26 PM
If you shoot something like Blazers through a WB I don't think it would matter if you had RH Helical or LH or Straight.

Low profile vanes will work the best (I think).

For me it's an APA Twister.

bsa30-06
08-08-2007, 04:19 PM
get rid of it get one of these!

http://www.qadinc.com/c-5-.aspx

WHY? If it works for him i say he should continue to use it.I have one on my bow and it works fine for me.If a piece of equipment works well for somebody the only reason i see to change it is if you want to try something different.If it ain't broke don't fix it.

pitbell
08-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks guys. I did some research and it will work just fine. Thanks again.

brad ferris
08-08-2007, 05:06 PM
the wisker biscuit causes you to lose some arrow speed,compared to a fall away rest.also you have contact with the arrow until it clears the biscuit.not so good if your form and follow through aren't perfect.and don't bother trying to shoot quickspin flechings through the biscuit it tears them up in just a few shots.but hey as long as its not broken eh?

pupper
08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
the wisker biscuit causes you to lose some arrow speed,compared to a fall away rest.also you have contact with the arrow until it clears the biscuit.not so good if your form and follow through aren't perfect.and don't bother trying to shoot quickspin flechings through the biscuit it tears them up in just a few shots.but hey as long as its not broken eh?

Have you chronographed with and without a biscuit?

obviously not since it does not make 1 fps difference wether you have a fall away or a biscuit

pupper
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM
WHY? If it works for him i say he should continue to use it.I have one on my bow and it works fine for me.If a piece of equipment works well for somebody the only reason i see to change it is if you want to try something different.If it ain't broke don't fix it.

yah why change what works?

I like the biscuit better than a drop away, I have used both styles. Why should I get rid of it and try your thing??

pupper
08-08-2007, 05:15 PM
If you shoot something like Blazers through a WB I don't think it would matter if you had RH Helical or LH or Straight.

Low profile vanes will work the best (I think).

For me it's an APA Twister.

I found blazers would sometimes hit the rest on the way out. Now I use 4" marco vanes. They work great for me.

bsa30-06
08-08-2007, 05:24 PM
yah why change what works?

I like the biscuit better than a drop away, I have used both styles. Why should I get rid of it and try your thing??

That's what i was trying to say.

jessbennett
08-08-2007, 05:49 PM
you can lose 2-3 fps with a whisker bisquit. BUT if you put a fine mist of armor all on your vanes you get it back. it works really well. try dropping an uncoated arrow through the bisquit and it will hang up or definately slow it down. now coat your vanes with armor all and do the same thing, it will drop right through.8)

brad ferris
08-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Have you chronographed with and without a biscuit?

obviously not since it does not make 1 fps difference wether you have a fall away or a biscuit
actuually yes my buddy shot three arrows through his biscuit then we changed him over to a rip cord and chronograghed again.we changed nothing else.i honestly don't remember the exact numbers but i'm quite certain it was over 5 fps differance. that was shooting 4inch vanes and his arrow speed was in the 255 range.
maybe you need a more sensitive/accurate chronogragh
anything else obvious to you buddy

The Hermit
08-08-2007, 09:02 PM
My arrows do not fall out of my WB, it is super quiet, and 5 fps won't make a lick of difference to the dead deer, moose, or elk you shoot with it!! ;-) I think it is a good hunting solution, not that I have any experience with anything else mind you.

jessbennett
08-08-2007, 10:12 PM
no but 5 fps could make a difference if you under shoot the yardage.:wink:. hell i shoot a whisker for hunting myself. the are awsome but the point i was making is you DO lose speed and you DO have fletching contact.

did somebody say they had problems with arrows falling out of a bisquit??? i missed that. dont know how as it is a total containment rest:???:.

the only reason i coat my vanes with armor all is to eliminate speed loss and to minimize vane contact which could adversely affect arrow flight. im not going to bash the whisker because i love them, just trying to give out a helpful piece of advice thats all.8)

pupper
08-08-2007, 10:16 PM
...i honestly don't remember the exact numbers but ...
anything else obvious to you buddy

nope, just that.

BlacktailStalker
08-10-2007, 02:37 PM
Armour All smells, and when wet, runs as an oily residue.
In my opinion, whisker biscuits are great for stand hunting, less movement to prepare for when that animal comes your way, but the bushes i hunt in, would make that arrow one more thing to weave in and around crap as I moved through it. Especially at close quarters when you are watching your quarry, not the path your bow/arrow needs to go to make a silent draw.

jessbennett
08-10-2007, 06:11 PM
you dont spray armor all all over the arrow. you just spray some on a rag, and wipe your vanes. and as far as smell, it hasnt hampered my hunting sucess with a bow yet. so i dunno.:-|

xtremearchery
08-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Whisker biscuit rests are the best! I have one on my hunting bow as-well as my target bow. I have speed tested between a biscuit and a drop away and pupper you're right. Average loss was 1-1 1/2 fps. Could beat the grouping they produced, plus alot easier hunting rest. You can load an arrow and know that it will not fall off. try not to use quick spins or blazer broadhead veins. They're to hard of a vain and will crew your rest up real quick. I use 4" marco veins as well. They have zero memory and pass through the biscuit very true. With fixed bladed broadheads I have always found left helical flys the best. No plaining and gives you good clearance from your cable. I use straight out of my target bow.

pupper
08-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Whisker biscuit rests are the best! I have one on my hunting bow as-well as my target bow. I have speed tested between a biscuit and a drop away and pupper you're right. Average loss was 1-1 1/2 fps. Could beat the grouping they produced, plus alot easier hunting rest. You can load an arrow and know that it will not fall off. try not to use quick spins or blazer broadhead veins. They're to hard of a vain and will crew your rest up real quick. I use 4" marco veins as well. They have zero memory and pass through the biscuit very true. With fixed bladed broadheads I have always found left helical flys the best. No plaining and gives you good clearance from your cable. I use straight out of my target bow.

although I hate to agree with you marc, I do agree with you :smile: