PDA

View Full Version : need some trophy shots for the fall issue

Jokerwld
08-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey Guys I need some trophy shots for our tag tales section of the magazine , BC outdoors Hunting and shooting ( need them by end of day Wednesday The 8th )
send them to mmitchell@oppublishing.com
please include a short description on what where when and how
I hope this is ok to post
also still looking for contributors for our 08 issues

Jelvis
08-07-2007, 09:57 PM
When I get my big buck this season. I'll be in BC Outdoors Hunting and Shooting, good ooone, Your mag is excellent. Jokerwld, Jel, keep up the good work.

newhunterette
08-07-2007, 09:58 PM
heck I am always good for the comedy section of the magazine

browningboy
08-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Incorporate the magazine as one again, it was much more appealing as it had variety, are fisherman that ashamed of hunters??? Whats the big deal, just to read about fishing constantly gets a little droal!:mrgreen:

boonerbuck
08-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Here's my favourite trophy pic out of the Clearwater area....;)

http://usera.imagecave.com/boonerbuck/mule.jpg

hunter1947
08-09-2007, 06:14 AM
Here's my favourite trophy pic out of the Clearwater area....;)

http://usera.imagecave.com/boonerbuck/mule.jpg
Nice looking body ,but i don't know about the face ???? :mrgreen:.

Stone Sheep Steve
08-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Incorporate the magazine as one again, it was much more appealing as it had variety, are fisherman that ashamed of hunters???

I agree. I grew up on that magazine but I let my subscription expire when the mag split their format.

I hunt and fish but the hunting portion was pretty slim and only quarterly:-?.

SSS

TGF
08-09-2007, 07:20 AM
I agree. I grew up on that magazine but I let my subscription expire when the mag split their format.

SSS

Ditto for me too.

Krico
08-09-2007, 09:17 AM
It's not even quarterly now, it's semi-annual. I even filled out their survey card and told them that I stopped subscribing with the lack of hunting material in their publications now. I just buy the hunting editions off the shelf.

Marc
08-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Hey Jokewld, now that you're editor you may want to listen to some of the people who are saying they stoped buying your magazine because of the changes that were made. Sometimes new isn't always better. We have enough hunters and variety of game to support a BC Hunting Magazine.

It would be nice if maybe you could mention that they are members of HuntingBC.ca in your articles to help promote the site as well.

Marc.

Fisher-Dude
08-09-2007, 10:52 AM

I hunt and fish but the hunting portion was pretty slim and only quarterly:-?.

SSS

Me three. I used to love that magazine. But when the split came, and it would cost me over $50 IIRC to subscribe, with little hunting content, I said fugetaboutit.

Joker, please listen to your (former) customers.

Fisher-Dude
08-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Booner, I kinda like the B&C spike version of that picture.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/HybridSpike.jpg

srupp
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
hmmmm how about Tims grizzly?? potential #32 in B&C..

steven

Stone Sheep Steve
08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
hmmmm how about Tims grizzly?? potential #32 in B&C..

steven
But not your new 40" Stone's, Steven???:confused: We're all anxiously awaiting the news!

SSS

browningboy
08-09-2007, 01:58 PM
I emailed the guy and asked why don't they re-merge the magazine? Originally they were to issue 4 magazines a year related to hunting, now with only two, hell to me you got more out of it merged! as you would be excited to get it to see whats new with both aspects of the outdoors, now its not too exciting, I know I would re-subscribe if it were merged and a majority of people here are the same.

Jokerwld
08-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey Guys

This is great feed back
let me tell you what I have been told since I started
if you ad up the total number of pages you use to get in hunting it was on average 4 pages per issue times 6 issues =24 pages a year
with the split you now get two issues with 60 plus in the summer and our fall issue is over 80 pages of 100%hunting content on both
to me that sounds like a better deal
remember I am just the editor not the publisher
no as for the reason for the split i am not sure but will ask and try to post the reason on here soon

I hope this answers some of your concerns

also Thank you to all of you who sent in pictures for our tag lines
I think I was able to use at least3 of the submissions as the rest were not high enough resolution
Mike

Stone Sheep Steve
08-09-2007, 04:41 PM
if you ad up the total number of pages you use to get in hunting it was on average 4 pages per issue times 6 issues =24 pages a year
with the split you now get two issues with 60 plus in the summer and our fall issue is over 80 pages of 100%hunting content on both
to me that sounds like a better deal
Mike

If my wife gave me what I wanted only twice a year, I'd go find another wife, regardless if the total time was longer in those two sessions than shorter ones several times per yer:neutral:.

Now that the age of information is upon us, most people can get their hunting fixes daily on sites like this. Lots of experience and many different opinions on gear and advice.

Unless you have top notch product, it's going to be very difficult to compete and win back clientel:-|.

SSS

dana
08-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I remember they split and the hunting/shooting was suposed to be 6 issues a year. I subscribed, got one issue and then that was it for the hunting/shooting. They sent me the damn fishing mag instead. I ain't a fisherman, I wasn't too pleased. If they couldn't do what they promised then send my money back, don't F**K me over by sending me a damn fishing mag. I have a ton of stuff that I could submit, but I won't because of their past history. I've had several stories published in some of the bigger Yanky mags, like Trophy Hunter, Muley Crazy and Hunting Illustrated. They all treat me good.

Husky7mm
08-09-2007, 07:19 PM
B.C is one of the BEST hunting areas in the world, OP is snoozing if they can't have a monthly magazine filled with great stories about it.

browningboy
08-09-2007, 08:56 PM
If my wife gave me what I wanted only twice a year, I'd go find another wife, regardless if the total time was longer in those two sessions than shorter ones several times per yer:neutral:.

Now that the age of information is upon us, most people can get their hunting fixes daily on sites like this. Lots of experience and many different opinions on gear and advice.

Unless you have top notch product, it's going to be very difficult to compete and win back clientel:-|.

SSS
X2 I totally agree, OP should listen and go back to the way it was.:mrgreen:

Will
08-09-2007, 09:23 PM
That's Priceless........:lol::lol::lol:

pmj
08-09-2007, 11:11 PM
quote..."I need some trophy shots for our tag tales section of the magazine"
I hope every one that complained about not enough hunting in the magazine sent in pictures so they have some choice on what to publish this fall. I vote with my wallet, I always get the fall issue but I miss the other hunting issue. When does it come out?

boonerbuck
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I bought every issue back when it was combined and even had subscriptions for a couple years. I would read the Hunting asap then read through the fishing a bit at a time(small sessions followed by a flush).

Since the split I've bought one hunting issue because I rarely see or think about it.

Buck
08-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I have to agree since the split i don't but either mag and i bought every issue for years.And even in its day i found the stories sketchy and lacking good helpful information.