PDA

View Full Version : Taking my kids near Sunshine Valley

Mr. E
11-05-2017, 07:25 PM
I picked up tags for pretty much everything. This will be their first hunt (girl 7, boy 4) and was hoping someone on here could point me in a direction near 2-17 or 2-2 that we could drive in, do some short treks and possibly bump into some animals. Not asking for anyone's grade A spots but if you have them near there I may be willing to trade my grade A spot in the interior for Moose and Mullies if we can bag something. Just want them to get started, pack some gear, glass a little but I don't know any areas around Sunshine Valley. Thanks in advance.

Whonnock Boy
11-05-2017, 07:32 PM
I don't have any suggestions other than venturing another hour or so to the other side of the park, or up the Coquihalla towards Merrit. I really believe your odds of success will increase greatly if you drive a little further. Good luck!

Ohwildwon
11-05-2017, 07:39 PM
I agree^^^..

Everything is limited and crazy steep where your suggesting..

You have chains for the vehicle and snow shoes for every one?

sparkes3
11-05-2017, 08:10 PM
don't even slow down until your past manning park

Mr. E
11-05-2017, 08:24 PM
As much as I would like to travel further, their attention spans are limited and their ability to sit in a vehicle will be maxed by the time we get to Sunshine Valley. I will see how they are, maybe we will proceed further up. Are there spots past Manning? Logging roads etc.

Iron Glove
11-05-2017, 08:27 PM
As much as I would like to travel further, their attention spans are limited and their ability to sit in a vehicle will be maxed by the time we get to Sunshine Valley. I will see how they are, maybe we will proceed further up. Are there spots past Manning? Logging roads etc.

Pasayten just past Manning, Placer a bit further or head up the COQ. The snow is getting deep and the roads can be tricky. I headed to Tulameen on #3 Friday AM, no problems. Son In Law came up in the evening said there were vehicles all over the road and the road was very icy. Be careful.

Steeleco
11-05-2017, 09:19 PM
Just got home from the coq in and around Britton creek. TONS of snow and bloody cold. You might do better up Harrison for a quick day trip to keep the little ones interested.