PDA

View Full Version : 2-11 wolves?

MichelD
11-05-2017, 03:39 PM
A couple weeks ago a buddy and me were hunting up the Lillooet river valley and one morning at daybreak a vehicle drove by our camp and shortly afterward we started hearing howls and yelps coming from one of the switchbacks on the road up above our camp.

I couldn't figure it out. Was it anti-hunters trying to scare deer away? Why did they pick that one particular spot?

Was it wolf hunters trying to attract wolves? Does that even work?

We heard a pack of real wolves howling on the other side of the creek we were close to.

Fast forward to last week. Buddy went back there and found very little deer sign and wolf tracks all over the place.

Said he talked to some locals and they're saying the wolves have made deer sightings pretty rare this season.

hickman
11-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Saw fresh wolf sign yesterday just off Lillooet FSR. No deer. They are mostly gone headed towards Pemberton. Saw lots of deer and bucks mid October at peak migration, nothing along Lillooet FSR and the usual spots yesterday. More moose sign this time of the year.

BTP
11-05-2017, 11:22 PM
Was up the Lillooet fsr area fri no deer tracks over the 4km I walked up but lots of fresh wolf tracks in the last 24/48(new snow)

hickman
11-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Saturday seemed like a perfect day but it was brutal. Never connected with any deer, not even a doe. Saw only a couple of sets of fresh tracks, and we covered a lot of ground in different types of terrain. It was a nice day for a hike in snow.