PDA

View Full Version : Snow levels around cache creek

white moose
11-04-2017, 10:14 AM
Anybody been up deadman rd? Hoping not too much snow in the hills. Usually go up last half of november:D

f350ps
11-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Not sure about the snow but a friend of mine just came back last night and said he's never seen so many guys! I guess with Scotty Creek and all the surrounding areas burned out its forced everybody into there. There's an ATV restriction in there and he said it was a parade of trucks back and forth from daylight till dark. I was gonna head in there on Wednesday but I'm gonna rethink that! K

Weatherby Fan
11-04-2017, 10:33 AM
I was just at Loon Lake yesterday morning and we had 4 to 5” of snow so I’m sure Deadmans would be similar.

white moose
11-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Good to hear, Starts getting tough to get around when the snow hits around 12 inches . Might plan to go after long weekend, shouldn't be as busy

Salty
11-04-2017, 10:53 AM
I was up the canyon yesterday north of b bar I was surprised there was the better part of a foot of snow already up high and -10 C. There's no signs of a thaw in next week's forecast even down low so looks like winter may be here to stay a month early this year? Unless a pine apple express comes and warms everything up but no sign of that at present.

Weatherby Fan
11-04-2017, 11:12 AM
I was up the canyon yesterday north of b bar I was surprised there was the better part of a foot of snow already up high and -10 C. There's no signs of a thaw in next week's forecast even down low so looks like winter may be here to stay a month early this year? Unless a pine apple express comes and warms everything up but no sign of that at present.

After an amazing dinner and a visit with Mr&Mrs Remington Jim in Kamloops.......on my way home it was -20 on the Coquihalla Between Kamloops and Merrit.

Salty
11-04-2017, 11:26 AM
After an amazing dinner and a visit with Mr&Mrs Remington Jim in Kamloops.......on my way home it was -20 on the Coquihalla Between Kamloops and Merrit.

Well I guess its the new normal bud... we get summers like southern California and winters like inland Alaska :confused:

Weatherby Fan
11-04-2017, 11:41 AM
Well I guess its the new normal bud... we get summers like southern California and winters like inland Alaska :confused:

Yeh I’ll say 4 days ago we have the air conditioning on with 21 above now -20.....nothing like flicking the winter switch on !

Bushy
11-04-2017, 12:49 PM
The hills above Savona got 15 inches, settled a couple inches yesterday

Numenor604
11-04-2017, 12:55 PM
I'm out in 3-20 .. 16 inches of snow .. seeing some moose but not many muleys ... it was cold last night... I'll keep at it .

twoSevenO
11-04-2017, 07:00 PM
You guys tenting it or wall tents and campers?

-15 is something else. I'd be curious to know if anyone's tenting in it.

Weatherby Fan
11-04-2017, 07:27 PM
You guys tenting it or wall tents and campers?

-15 is something else. I'd be curious to know if anyone's tenting in it.

I only stay in the tent if I can't unlock the cabin door !

Bugle M In
11-04-2017, 07:41 PM

A Month Early!!!???????
Buddy...this is what it used to be like....this snow right now is about bang one in timing if you went back
about 15 years ago...lol.
You know, mid November and close to 2 feet of snow up on the big plateau.
Exactly how it should be...and I hope it doesn't stop.
That is what has been missing since the "good old days"
Exactly what is needed to get those deer to group together tighter, and lower.
My only concern is that this crap thaws and frezzes and no new snow hits by next weekend.
Then it's just crunch, crunch, crunch, and we will have wished it hadn't snowed.
That's one of the big issues around that area, is that that snow can get icy on top, and stalking is
impossible, you just can get close at all, too noisy.
And I believe others that it is a gong show, because of the fires.
Actually considering going elsewhere because of that next weekend.
It was already busy when R5 shuts down for 10 days, can't imagine the rodeo of trucks because of the fires!!??

LYKTOHUNT
11-04-2017, 07:43 PM
I take both with so much dark time its nice to lounge around in the wall tent in the evenings with the wood stove going and we also cook our pre frozen meals on it.
Most times I sleep in the camper as it is old enough that it has the old non electrical radiant furnace so doesnt wear out batteries and quit during the night and all my stuff is in there.
We are heading out next Friday to region 3

buck400
11-04-2017, 07:53 PM
would like to know if Scotty Creek Road is open has anybody been up there I thought the ATV restriction was only till the end of September???

browningboy
11-04-2017, 07:59 PM
I’m heading up to Loon lake on Thursday, now I still have water running and with temps like that I’m a little worried, at least i have my furnace running?
but i had my septic pumped yesterday at the lake and they said there was 8”at the cabin.

Whonnock Boy
11-04-2017, 08:14 PM
The restriction in current, and ongoing. Was in there puttering around for a few hours last week. A few tracks around, but nothing like other areas from what I could see. Did spot up a couple does not far off the highway, but other than that, not much. Some REALLY charred up places in there compared to others that I traveled through.
would like to know if Scotty Creek Road is open has anybody been up there I thought the ATV restriction was only till the end of September???

f350ps
11-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Surprise, the restriction is in place till Dec.10th. K

twoSevenO
11-04-2017, 10:55 PM
The restriction in current, and ongoing. Was in there puttering around for a few hours last week. A few tracks around, but nothing like other areas from what I could see. Did spot up a couple does not far off the highway, but other than that, not much. Some REALLY charred up places in there compared to others that I traveled through.

How far up did you make it .... curious of the state of the arrowstone protected area.

Whonnock Boy
11-04-2017, 11:06 PM
I went to the farmers fields at 8 or 10K???, turned around and went back up the 501 that heads over to the backside of Loon Lake road. Honestly, did not spend a whole lot of time in there as I was most curious about checking out the backside of LL road. It was snotty as hell, got into some blow down, was not seeing much for track, it was last day of any buck, and I made my way to parts better known to myself. I will be back, I'm sure.
How far up did you make it .... curious of the state of the arrowstone protected area.