Sitting at home with health issues!!!:-(:mad:

caddisguy
11-01-2017, 02:20 PM
Let's see:

1. Rut starting

2. Snow Late Thursday and Friday

3. Clear Saturday and Sunday.

What's not to like?

Full or near full moon might not be great.

I am looking forward to the weekend... or actually Friday since I took the day off to get a 3 day trip in. caddisgirl is doing better and is coming this time.

TBH I am hoping it does not snow so much that the road is covered where I hunt. My brother is going to meet me up there, but crappy tires and no chains so any significant snow could be a deal breaker for him.

Good luck to everyone venturing out. It should be a good weekend.

scotty30-06
11-01-2017, 02:45 PM
Yea im damn excited to get up into my little bow zone and check trail cam and keep peeking around.

ROY-alty33
11-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Not sure the rut is on down here yet. Watched a group of does for about 3 hours on Monday and not a sniff of a buck.

albravo2
11-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I'm feeling a bit mixed about the snow. I've got 4 studs and a set of chains but the area I'm going to hunt has very high consequence for leaving the road unintentionally. Steep and narrow with a precipitous drop off to one side and very little traffic if something does go wrong.

That said, I haven't been out in 3 weeks and am really keen. I've seen quite a few does and am hoping the bucks will show up on cue.

MichelD
11-01-2017, 03:13 PM
My buddy's already up in our spot but I'm staying home to hunt snow geese tomorrow.

kennyj
11-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Heading to Reg 3 on Sat. Should be good in a cold sort of way.
kenny

caddisguy
11-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Mixed thoughts on the rut too. I think it depends a lot on the location. I ran into a hunter who showed me some video of a fork trying to jump a doe a few weeks back... so definitely pre-rut activity a few weeks back in Mission. The rut could be in full swing there. I think PG66 posted a mature buck responding to rattling. In the valley I hunt, it doesn't really seem to start until a couple weeks into November. That said, I don't think anyone can really predict the rut other than when you see it happening in an area, then it's happening in that area.

I am just going to go in with the assumption bucks are chasing does all over the place on my ridge (like what I always figure they are doing when I'm at work) and when I get up my little mountain and see no bucks, maybe I'll try a little bit of rattling :)

Iron Glove
11-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Other than the late evening drive up Friday Night, looking forward to a weekend hunt in Tulameen with the Son-In-Law.
Going to a spot just out of Town where we spotted, but couldn't get a decent shot at two bucks on Thanksgiving.

Bugle M In
11-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Had a friend take a buck around Salmon arm, 4 point, last sunday....the buck still showed no signs of a swollen neck nor was it that stinky yet.

sawmill
11-01-2017, 05:47 PM
I hope it don`t snow otherwise I`ll be out at 2 A.M. plowing. Got 4 inches today and they say at least 6 by morning. Rather be tracking than plowing.
But on the bright side, just finished cutting and wrapping a big Doe I got on the last day of season. That sucky machine,Foodsaver , works pretty good once you figure it out. Thank god for the wife, way more patiants than me.

Salty
11-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Its Nov 1st so that right there's a good thing :) Don't get me wrong I love October but its kind of nice to see the hind end the more liberal seasons of October and the end of most of the crowd. I'll be concentrating on mules probably some blacktail spots too. Can't make up my mind which way to go with this snow in a couple days... see how much comes and go from there I guess.