PDA

View Full Version : Buckley and Fanny Bay

mrob1962
10-31-2017, 06:19 PM
Hi All, Was scouting around for sea ducks this morning and see lots around buckley and fanny bay but the regs are so vague as to where the shooting limits are, I was thinking of launching at the government dock in the morning and just running out in the bay and setting up my strings of decoys there for scoters or down off deep bay. Any suggestions or knowledge as to where hunting is permissible in Buckley bay for sea ducks, Thanks and all the best

lorneparker1
10-31-2017, 08:23 PM
Hi All, Was scouting around for sea ducks this morning and see lots around buckley and fanny bay but the regs are so vague as to where the shooting limits are, I was thinking of launching at the government dock in the morning and just running out in the bay and setting up my strings of decoys there for scoters or down off deep bay. Any suggestions or knowledge as to where hunting is permissible in Buckley bay for sea ducks, Thanks and all the best

you can hunt anywhere down there below the high tide line. you are completely fine to hunt down there if you are in a boat. Not many places from shore that aren't private land there. Obviously make sure of where you are shooting, and one thing to consider is just because its legal, doesn't necessarily mean you should go certain places. Public image IMO is important when it comes to our hobby.

Lorne

mrob1962
11-03-2017, 10:45 AM
Thanks Lorne, I went out and hunted outside of Deep cove Wednesday and picked up my limit of white wingers in no time hunting from my gunning skiff about 600 meters offshore with 2 strings of decoys and 1 string of shadows

lorneparker1
11-03-2017, 09:22 PM
Thanks Lorne, I went out and hunted outside of Deep cove Wednesday and picked up my limit of white wingers in no time hunting from my gunning skiff about 600 meters offshore with 2 strings of decoys and 1 string of shadows

Awesome! Seaducking can be really fun. not a picture of your rig?

mrob1962
11-04-2017, 08:45 AM
I will get a pic once this weather settles down some and i can get out again. Maybe hook a gopro up and video the fun