PDA

View Full Version : Badlands 4500 internal pack.

frenchbar
08-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Was looking at cabelas site and the 4500 is on sale for 249.00.seems like not a bad deal. I have the 2200 and it is a great little pack,any body out there use the 4500 .any feedback much appreciated.

BlacktailStalker
08-07-2007, 10:13 AM
ahhh. The famous Badlands vs Eberlestock rivalry :)
I hear the 4500 is BIG, great for a 10 day hunt, but have read on past ('05, '06) models there have been problems with the stitching and shoulder straps.

kutenay
08-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I bought an original US made version in '97 and it was stolen in a home breakin in Dec. '99, I had used it with my Bozeman-made Dana Design Overkill for about 2.5 yrs. It WAS a good pack, NOT a great pack.

Badlands then took their production offshore, as most pack makers now have and the quality declined, IMO. I just tried a new version at Italian Sports last week, it is OK, but, there are far better packs out there, depending on your desires, needs and budget (the usual problem).

My buddy dropped by last week with his new Eberlestock, I was not very impressed, but, the price is a fraction of the really good packs and he is a miner who beats his gear severely, so, does n't want something costly.

I place the greatest value on boots, optics and packs and have spent the bux to get the best as it makes a big difference as you get to geezer stage. So, if you can, I would go with a Mystery Ranch NICE combo, but, it is very pricey....one of those things, only you really know if it's worth it to you.

BANG!
08-07-2007, 09:23 PM
those badlands packs seem very well thought out to me. If the build quality on them isn't what it used to be, they have a no-quibble, lifetime, replacement guarantee. Sounds pretty good to me.