PDA

View Full Version : 5-15B access

tom
08-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Due to an oversight, I applied for cow moose and calf in this area and got drawn. However, as far as I can find, there is no road access.
Does anyone know any? Tom

Wild Will
08-06-2007, 09:16 PM
I just ran my copy of Softmap topo 50 for BC, and there are all sorts of logging roads out of Likely that will give you access to a lot of country around Quesnel Lake. You might try the "Backroads of BC" books if you do not want to shell out the $60 some odd dollars for the Topo 50 maps
Good luck on the hunt, I am sure there are lots out there to get.

tom
08-07-2007, 06:36 AM
I just ran my copy of Softmap topo 50 for BC, and there are all sorts of logging roads out of Likely that will give you access to a lot of country around Quesnel Lake. You might try the "Backroads of BC" books if you do not want to shell out the $60 some odd dollars for the Topo 50 maps
Good luck on the hunt, I am sure there are lots out there to get.

I've looked at the Backroads of BC and the roads stops before 5-15 which is between the 'slingshots' of Quesnel Lake.
I am still at a loss. Tom

Wild Will
08-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Perhaps you will have to put a canoe in and paddle the shoreline for a moose if there are no roads. With all the logging to salvage beetle killed pine, a lot of maps are out of date. It would not surprise me to find that there are roads if you go out there. I would be prepared to travel on the lake, just in case.

mikek blacktail
08-07-2007, 03:26 PM
I had the same tag but a bull, got my moose as soon as I hit the shore on teh other side of quenel lake but that was pure luck .It was the only moose I saw. sorry i'm no help.

srupp
08-09-2007, 12:05 PM
hmmm give me a call i guided in 5-15 for moose...may have some suggestions..

Steven