PDA

View Full Version : Equal rights for all.

tuffcityhunter
10-25-2017, 03:51 PM
I am looking at starting a online petition to get as many signatures as I can through facebook and all other forms of social media. To send to our so called goverment and bcwf. On how us as RH (resident Hunters) deserve equal rights to all fish and wildlife in bc while some ethnic groups have a superior right to these things. Am looking for any help to underline the main issues, as we know the dangers of hunting at night, do not need to hunt in seasons or animals listed in the season ex-bucks only and does are shot under food rights, the ability to sell fish to non- businesses. the lack of need for a license where money goes back into conservation, the lack of a PAL (the lack of the need to show the understanding and safety of owning a firearm even though they where imported here and are not traditonal tools. The lack of bag limits and the lack of reporting harvested animals

To show the bottom line of why we all need equal rights and follow the same law for safety concerns and for conservation concerns. Please post your comments below on why we need equal rights and i will sum it up and turn it into a professional written description of the petition with help from others thank you. :?

HarryToolips
10-25-2017, 04:47 PM
Good on ya, the conservation reasons you mentioned are on the right track, and especially the shooting at night thing, I've thought that that is a safety issue from the day the Supreme Court of Canada went against common sense and has legally allowed them to do so..I will add more as I think of it..

S.W.A.T.
10-25-2017, 04:50 PM
Where do I sign

tuffcityhunter
10-25-2017, 04:51 PM
Thank you for the reply, seen lots of views but not many comments all are welcomed and even the ones who oppose this idea and why thank you

keoke
10-25-2017, 05:29 PM
basically to get anywhere you will need to get the indian act scrapped at the federal level.

Surrey Boy
10-25-2017, 05:38 PM
Petitioning isn't enough; it'll take protesting, non-compliance, legal challenges, and social pressure.

Observe how cannabis and homosexuality have come so far to see what it takes.

steve-r
10-25-2017, 05:40 PM
Facebook group already started here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1988155428119402/

tuffcityhunter
10-25-2017, 06:01 PM
I understood it wouldn't do much besides raise a couple heads. Was mostly going for a document with a bunch of names to send to our government to let them know we care and still are here

ACE
10-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Basically to get anywhere, you will need to get the 'Indian Act' scrapped at the Federal level.

This is where it has to start. Harper's 'Transparency Act' was scrapped by Prime Minister Fluffy ..... it gains votes for him, and he doesn't give a sh!t about the minimal amount of rural voters.

quadrakid
10-25-2017, 06:28 PM
You want the people who have not had equal rights for four hundred years to suddenly feel bad about the fact that they are finally able to exercise their legal rights? Don,t get me wrong,i don,t agree with plenty of the same stuff as most of you. The native people are getting your attention and guess what? it is working.We need to have dialogue with native people because if you want to keep hunting we will probably be hunting on native lands when all the land claims get settled. Don,t like it but things are changing.

Ghengis Khandrey
10-25-2017, 06:36 PM
The people who didn't have their legal rights 400 years ago have been dead and gone a long time. Doesn't make it right bit it doesn't mean I should have to pay for it either

quadrakid
10-25-2017, 07:04 PM
The people that did not have their rights are with us today. They did not get the vote until 1960 and we were taking their children and sending them to the diddlers right up into the 70.s. These people are with us today,it is not ancient history .

markm7
10-25-2017, 07:04 PM
I want to sign , but don't have Facebook and will not use Facebook either . Is there a different option

willyqbc
10-25-2017, 07:09 PM
The issues the OP laid out like spotlighting etc among many other issues, are issues that have been decided in a court of law. one of the major and defining sources of determining the rule of law in these cases is the royal proclamation of 1763, which was basically upheld and reiterated to a degree in the constitution act of 1982 under section 25.

What does all that mean? You would need to reverse and scrap sections of the Canadian constitution that currently protect these "rights" constitutionally. The law and the courts don't care that the basis of these rights is a document that is 300 years old that was reaffirmed in 1982, this is all "on the books" so to speak and the courts are obligated to uphold the law as it exists.

This is a very simplistic view of the problem, in reality it is hugely more complicated, but you get the idea......without a change to the constitution that strips away these "rights", the highest courts of the land will continue to uphold them....regardless of political will....they have no other choice. A petition signed by 90% of the canadian population will not change the way the courts rule on these matters.

There is a reason you see FN's shooting elk on private land, then sitting and waiting for the cops and CO's....they WANT to be charged so they can have their day in court (which they will most likely win). The powers that be realize this, which, I believe, is why you see them not being charged in these cases.

Its a catch 22, and I have no idea how to get around it without negotiating legally binding treaties. Problem is....who would ever negotiate a treaty that gives them less rights than the constitution gives them now?

It's gonna get worse....much,much worse.

JMO
Chris

revarchery
10-25-2017, 07:39 PM
Some peoples rights are more equal than others.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-25-2017, 07:52 PM
On the news tonight there was a story on the population dynamics of Canada in recent years. Leading increase was due to immigration but also First Nations were increasing at a pretty high rate. Now, I support their rights to hunt in the broader sense but with decreasing wildlife trends in conjunction with increasing FN populations, I think now is the time for the bands to at least know their harvest and control and manage their harvest where needed.

SSS

Weatherby Fan
10-25-2017, 07:57 PM
basically to get anywhere you will need to get the indian act scrapped at the federal level.

This here is spot on as all those decisions have gone to the Supreme Court and one would have to move mountains to reverse these decisions, or a revolt of the people !

dougan
10-25-2017, 08:16 PM
My biggest concerns are as follows.
#1 when we buy a licence to hunt the money go's back into conservation and habitat. A great example of that is in the skookumchuck area premier lake where so much wintering range has been created and is used buy ungulates and contributes to them making it through the winter. Natives just take take take , where is there contribution to the survival of ungulates?
#2 nothing boils my blood more than some snot nosed 20 year old native telling me he has more rite to feed his family than I do . I was born here long before the roll of the dice on weather the batter that made him walanding on the floor of the shower or in his mom.
#3 and most important is exactly what OP stated as far as safety and fair chase .
This is the most obvious case of discrimination, and all we need is a lawyer to bring a class action discrimination suit into the light of the courts and media to get the attention it needs.

HarryToolips
10-25-2017, 08:29 PM
^^^^very good points, especially number 3..

kelowna.jordan
10-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Ill sign and have a dozen buddys who will as well

RadHimself
10-25-2017, 11:33 PM
Count me in

Looking_4_Jerky
10-26-2017, 07:37 AM
Post numbers 10, 12, 14 are correct. This is all a big deal to us hunters but getting the political and social will of the Canadian population is another story. The time and resources that would be required to be spent amending the Constitution would come at the cost of not wrestling more contemporary issues and would detract financial Resources from competing interests like education, medical system, Etc. I'm not holding my breath. Nice thought though. Many many people share your frustration but your efforts will amount to nothing so I wouldn't give up time eating dessert with the wife in order to do this if I were you.

Fixxer
10-26-2017, 07:57 AM
we should all have equal rights I fully agree. Where do I sign?

Billybird
10-26-2017, 08:14 AM
Where do I sign.

Brez
10-26-2017, 08:42 AM
Good on ya, the conservation reasons you mentioned are on the right track, and especially the shooting at night thing, I've thought that that is a safety issue from the day the Supreme Court of Canada went against common sense and has legally allowed them to do so..I will add more as I think of it..
X2! It's about time that all Canadians are treated equal and subject to the same laws. The current preferential treatment will lead to revolt. Thanks

bigredchev
10-26-2017, 08:55 AM
Petitioning isn't enough; it'll take protesting, non-compliance, legal challenges, and social pressure.

Observe how cannabis and homosexuality have come so far to see what it takes.

You are right. We need stoned and gay Indians on our side!

BCJaeger
10-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Facebook group already started here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1988155428119402/

I think the awareness could be increased by not targeting hunters only. Isn't hunting just a portion of access to public resources including wildlife, fish and land? This FB Group could be named: Equal Rights For Canadian Outdoor Enthusiasts

Spy
10-26-2017, 11:05 AM
I think the awareness could be increased by not targeting hunters only. Isn't hunting just a portion of access to public resources including wildlife, fish and land? This FB Group could be named: Equal Rights For Canadian Outdoor Enthusiasts
Bingo fisherman and all concerned outdoor enthusiasts:-)

338win mag
10-26-2017, 05:52 PM
On the news tonight there was a story on the population dynamics of Canada in recent years. Leading increase was due to immigration but also First Nations were increasing at a pretty high rate. Now, I support their rights to hunt in the broader sense but with decreasing wildlife trends in conjunction with increasing FN populations, I think now is the time for the bands to at least know their harvest and control and manage their harvest where needed.

SSS
This is about the most accurate post here so far. The populace doesn't give a shyte about anyones hunting opportunities, face it, many people, maybe most dont like hunting to begin with and they think only the indians should be hunting to begin with.
I'm not so sure creating an awareness campain is the way to go. Making more game is, by enhancing habitat, blah, etc.

Before Canada gives the country away to foreigners they will square up with the indians.

BgBlkDg
10-26-2017, 05:55 PM
Blunt, true and so very sad, but, probably an accurate depiction of the near future......... :(

Onesock
10-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Wait until FN claim downtown Ottawa and Vancouver! We will pay to buy them out and protect the rights that own the property there.

tuner
10-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Wait until FN claim downtown Ottawa and Vancouver! We will pay to buy them out and protect the rights that own the property there.
Ottawa is ALLREADY THEIRS, even the parliament buildings are on Indian lands, this happened earlier this year and hardly a sound was heard.

J_T
10-27-2017, 06:48 AM
I'm sure General Custer tried a petition first. Then he thought he could confront them and win. History should provide valuable lessons.

Voting is a petition. Other than an election, anyone have any hard evidence of a petition actually having an impact on a decision? I find petitions are more about making people feel better and assuaging an angry emotion?

Regarding FN - or any group you disagree with - there are always two approaches.

Battle
Acceptance and Education

BgBlkDg
10-27-2017, 07:19 AM
In this instance, I tend to think that the latter is largely a waste of time, monies and energy.

The decades since circa 1960, where leftist academics and non-productive SJWs have convinced both aboriginals and far too many weak-minded citizens that the former have and/or deserve special "rights" have destroyed any opportunities for "education".

If, as in the vile "Sinixt" issue in the Slocan, the traitors of the SCOC, hand them some "right" to slaughter OUR game, there WILL BE "battle" and perhaps this is the best means of finally disposing of this entire problem.

J_T
10-27-2017, 07:26 AM
Hey Dewey, good to see you back on here. For the record, I'm not afraid of battle. You do raise a good point. Just how far the inequity goes is largely due to the decisions of week minded bench sitters.

blackhawk19
10-27-2017, 07:41 AM
you got my vote

Spy
10-27-2017, 09:02 AM
What will a "battle" entail ? I agree a petition is useless :-(

BgBlkDg
10-27-2017, 09:15 AM
A blockade, a decent non-aboriginal citizen objects, tempers flare and the area thunders with gunfire.......it very well may happen and set off a series of such violent clashes. The governments will then either protect the majority or be voted into obscurity at the next election(s) and the perpetrators will suffer, perhaps far more so than we now realize.......

NOT, a situation which anyone wants, but, in the Slocan, I WILL NEVER submit to American-born anyone and I am not alone in this. Soooo, I think that assimilation is both equitable and necessary for a genuinely "just society" to evolve.

Who knows,maybe "Divine Providence" will solve this for all concerned.............

browningboy
10-27-2017, 10:21 AM
Give the natives everything they want, net all the fish, kill all the moose etc until there aren’t no more, then all their BS about conservation will be the farce that people already know. Until that happens, there is no way anyone has the nuts in government to place a equality law, one day people will start vigilantism and people will get affected and then the government can be blamed for creating this two tier system of a Canadian.
Just so tired of hearing about the native bull shiet.

Bugle M In
10-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Start posting all the wrong doings of FN in the social media cyber world, on a daily basis.
Maybe then, the average person may wake up when they see that they are not always who they say they are.
Jus day after day, keep posting stuff, like the hand gun smuggling, hunting in a national park etc etc....just keep posting it out there, that they are no different then anyone else, and should not have more rights then anyone else,
that in my opinion, is the best way now.
Petition, sure, lets do it, but I believe that's a waste of time.
A large organization, of people who just want to defend our rights, and have the same system for everyone, is a better idea...IMO...to throw at politicians.
A battle....well....if that is where it goes....I'm good with that also.....that would be the fastest way.
But throwing it out there to the news and cyber world would be the best, non confrontational way...IMO.

KBC
10-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Many who were part of residential schools are still alive as well as their family members. They still have many wounds that need healing and add all the other terrible things that were done to them throughout history gives the rest of us a responsibility to make things right.

Numbers from last year showed that federal male inmates were about 25% aboriginal while they make up less than 5% of Canada's population. Looking at those numbers alone shows we are failing as Canadians to make things right. To say "screw you guys, that stuff happened long ago and it wasn't me" ignores our responsibilities as Canadians to make sure we are all taken care of. We need to do the right thing.

That being said, we have all seen how some (definitely not all) have taken advantage of the system that is currently in place for their own personal gain at the suffering of others. I think it would be hard to argue our current way is not working as good as it should be.

As far as matters of conservation go I have a very hard time accepting some current things like banning ATV use in certain areas for hunting in the name of conservation but allowing aboriginals to continue to use them. If we are so concerned about conservation there should be no exceptions. Our actions should be be the same.

BgBlkDg
10-27-2017, 12:23 PM
The FACTS were and are that the various aboriginal groups enacted "terrible things" to each other and it was and is WHITE men who have stopped this and shared our vastly superior technology-civilization with them.

"Residential schools", while SOME abuses did take place and that is tragic, much the same happened in both public and religious schools during the same era. I KNOW, I was there and suffered very much the same abuses as some aboriginal kids did.

MANY aboriginals have told me over the years since the mid-'60s, of how "Res. School" helped them and improved their lives when they were kids.

While I am at it, WHO are YOU to tell me or any Canadian that "we need to do THE RIGHT THING", my family volunteered, bled and DIED in both wars to keep Canada, free and I get real f**king tired of NDP-SJWs lecturing me or any other decent Canuck.We offer these people far more than the average, working-class Canuck ever gets and their problems are NOT our fault!

TexasWalker
10-27-2017, 12:35 PM
A blockade, a decent non-aboriginal citizen objects, tempers flare and the area thunders with gunfire.......it very well may happen and set off a series of such violent clashes. The governments will then either protect the majority or be voted into obscurity at the next election(s) and the perpetrators will suffer, perhaps far more so than we now realize.......

NOT, a situation which anyone wants, but, in the Slocan, I WILL NEVER submit to American-born anyone and I am not alone in this. Soooo, I think that assimilation is both equitable and necessary for a genuinely "just society" to evolve.

Who knows,maybe "Divine Providence" will solve this for all concerned.............

You are insane.
You've been alluding to something like this for a long time and have said some really alarming things.
You should be stripped of all firearms and weapons.

BgBlkDg
10-27-2017, 12:47 PM
Oh, how very interesting.

RadHimself
10-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Its 2017 and people are still getting abused....

suckit donny

People are animals, we do messed up stuff to eachother. Like lead decades long war campaigns based on a book some dude wrote and a dead guy nailed to a cross, that wasnt really dead but resurected to save all our souls... so they decided to kill more people and anyone who didnt like that way of thinking cause their book was the better version.... AND WE ARE STILL DOING IT!!!!

and yet were all as3hole3 because WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING

1 set of rules
more and better habitat/conservation
i dont give a shit who you are, traditional hunting should be just that... Traditional

why the hell are the white boys the only ones hiking 6 miles back, putting an arrow in an animal and packing it out?

Our cousins down the road roll through, like its an outdoor drive through walmart frozen food section... and if its not in the head, in the ditch... well boys, shes in the a3s, dead and rotting in a cutblock so whitey cant have it either...

you know what?

u want traditional... cut off the power, cut off the gas, rip up the pavement and give traditional....

some scumbag lawyer made alot of money reprisenting them, just like every other critical decision made in this country... there was no voice of reason, no for thought, nobody holding people accountable... and now, were ****ed... Bought and sold, and its too late to do shit all about it

303savage
10-27-2017, 01:27 PM
I think that native rights are OK as long as they use the technology they used before we came here.
White man's technology, white man's laws.

RadHimself
10-27-2017, 01:53 PM
“Traditional hunting rights”

Your telling me MY ancestors didnt hunt to survive back then?
There wasnt any walmarts, safeways or mcdonalds....

So how the hell did they do it? Osmosis?

How the hell do i not have those same rights?

I GREW UP HERE
WERE ALL ALIVE AT THE SAME TIME
HOW IS IT ANY DIFFERENT

KBC
10-27-2017, 02:12 PM
I am neither NDP or a social justice warrior and my family has done the same thing in the same wars. That is who I am and why I have the right to give you my opinion. It's hard to have meaningful conversation when emotions run so high. I'm quite sure I also voiced my concerns for they way things currently are and that we do need a change.

The FACTS were and are that the various aboriginal groups enacted "terrible things" to each other and it was and is WHITE men who have stopped this and shared our vastly superior technology-civilization with them.

"Residential schools", while SOME abuses did take place and that is tragic, much the same happened in both public and religious schools during the same era. I KNOW, I was there and suffered very much the same abuses as some aboriginal kids did.

MANY aboriginals have told me over the years since the mid-'60s, of how "Res. School" helped them and improved their lives when they were kids.

While I am at it, WHO are YOU to tell me or any Canadian that "we need to do THE RIGHT THING", my family volunteered, bled and DIED in both wars to keep Canada, free and I get real f**king tired of NDP-SJWs lecturing me or any other decent Canuck.We offer these people far more than the average, working-class Canuck ever gets and their problems are NOT our fault!

Lassassino
10-27-2017, 03:36 PM
Many who were part of residential schools are still alive as well as their family members. They still have many wounds that need healing and add all the other terrible things that were done to them throughout history gives the rest of us a responsibility to make things right.

Numbers from last year showed that federal male inmates were about 25% aboriginal while they make up less than 5% of Canada's population. Looking at those numbers alone shows we are failing as Canadians to make things right. To say "screw you guys, that stuff happened long ago and it wasn't me" ignores our responsibilities as Canadians to make sure we are all taken care of. We need to do the right thing.

That being said, we have all seen how some (definitely not all) have taken advantage of the system that is currently in place for their own personal gain at the suffering of others. I think it would be hard to argue our current way is not working as good as it should be.

As far as matters of conservation go I have a very hard time accepting some current things like banning ATV use in certain areas for hunting in the name of conservation but allowing aboriginals to continue to use them. If we are so concerned about conservation there should be no exceptions. Our actions should be be the same.

Just because of the fact they have higher inmate percentages and may have been wronged by residential schools does not mean that this is being fixed or even remotely improved by allowing them to do whatever they want in terms of hunting devoid of any rules. These are completely separate so why would you lump them together? Secondly FN groups are known for scalping, enslaving, raping and murdering women and children as well as wiping out entire tribes. if we as Canadians meaning (Chinese, East Indians, Africans candians ect ect who have had nothing to do with FN at all) as a whole have to some how make up for them losing a cultural and physical war is almost beyond comprehension.

Your premise that they need to be compensated because they have been wronged in the passed yet ignoring completely any wrong doing they may have done is hypocritical. How does this make any sense? What has been done is done, one nation one people one set of laws end of story.

Thirdly how long then is the magical number for them to finally "heal" 50 years? 500 years? 5000 years? the answer is never. Until we are treated exactly the same with the exact same set of rules starting now it will always and forever be used as leverage from FN and will face resentment by the rest of the Canadian population until infinite. Stop the guilt and start helping to work towards absolute equality under the law.

BgBlkDg
10-27-2017, 03:52 PM
I am neither NDP or a social justice warrior and my family has done the same thing in the same wars. That is who I am and why I have the right to give you my opinion. It's hard to have meaningful conversation when emotions run so high. I'm quite sure I also voiced my concerns for they way things currently are and that we do need a change.

The point is that you abrogate to yourself some imaginary "right" to decide what all we other Canucks "must" do and that is both offensive and unacceptable to me and probably many others.

So, given that is the 100th anniversary of probably the most horrific battle Canadians, ever fought, The Third Battle of Ypres, known with horror as "Passchendaele", could you tell me what specific C.E.F. battalion(s) your ancestors served in "over there"?

I think that your comments concerning our supposed duties to the aboriginal minority are simply ludicrous, but, I do agree with your right to speak, but, not to the hectoring, self-righteous tone or content.

So?

BgBlkDg
10-27-2017, 03:53 PM
Just because of the fact they have higher inmate percentages and may have been wronged by residential schools does not mean that this is being fixed or even remotely improved by allowing them to do whatever they want in terms of hunting devoid of any rules. These are completely separate so why would you lump them together? Secondly FN groups are known for scalping, enslaving, raping and murdering women and children as well as wiping out entire tribes. if we as Canadians meaning (Chinese, East Indians, Africans candians ect ect who have had nothing to do with FN at all) as a whole have to some how make up for them losing a cultural and physical war is almost beyond comprehension.

Your premise that they need to be compensated because they have been wronged in the passed yet ignoring completely any wrong doing they may have done is hypocritical. How does this make any sense? What has been done is done, one nation one people one set of laws end of story.

Thirdly how long then is the magical number for them to finally "heal" 50 years? 500 years? 5000 years? the answer is never. Until we are treated exactly the same with the exact same set of rules starting now it will always and forever be used as leverage from FN and will face resentment by the rest of the Canadian population until infinite. Stop the guilt and start helping to work towards absolute equality under the law.

Very well said, we shall NEVER have true egalitarian democracy here until this happens.

bigredchev
10-27-2017, 05:52 PM
Let's talk another angle, how their fellow chiefs monopilouse the money and starve their own yet ask for more each budget?

quadrakid
10-27-2017, 07:13 PM
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjlt-DenZLXAhVgHGMKHbHsB5MQFggmMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ictinc.ca%2Fblog%2Faborigina l-veterans&usg=AOvVaw0EC2aejMGVNoWrqzLMdZsy You should do a little research on how many natives fought in ww1 and ww2 and the treatment they received when they returned home compared to the other veterans.

BgBlkDg
10-27-2017, 07:34 PM
If, you are commenting to me, I tend to use both serious, scholastic sources for my historical statements as well as anecdotal information from actual veterans, such as my uncles, father and many, many others.

I doubt that you have done 1/10 the "research" that I have and your use of "google" shows this.

Wild one
10-27-2017, 07:40 PM
It should be equal rights

Those going off about how FN in the past were treated yes it was wrong but no matter what is done now will not change it. Treating FN different in the past and treating them different now has done nothing to benifit majority of FN.

Reality is the best possible thing for all to move forward is equality. This is not disrespectful to FN either to be viewed as an equal is a sign of respect.

RadHimself
10-27-2017, 07:49 PM
I agree with what your saying %100

BUT....

If its anything WE, your average joe need to demand equality....

the way the rules are now, we the majority are getting close to it....

hypocritical use of big words in court won these arguements in the first place

if anything the general public has to stand up and demand a dose of reality be added to the pot

REMINGTON JIM
10-27-2017, 08:08 PM
“traditional hunting rights”

your telling me my ancestors didnt hunt to survive back then?

I grew up here
were all alive at the same time
how is it any different

yup ! Rj

KBC
10-27-2017, 08:35 PM
Since I have a little more time to respond now I will try and clear up my point of view and respond to a few of you I have upset with what I posted earlier.

Just because of the fact they have higher inmate percentages and may have been wronged by residential schools does not mean that this is being fixed or even remotely improved by allowing them to do whatever they want in terms of hunting devoid of any rules. These are completely separate so why would you lump them together?

This is true that I did sort of lump them together although the reason I had posted was to call into question the sentiment that I posted in my original post of "screw you guys, that stuff happened long ago and it wasn't me"

I commented on the hunting stuff later on although was not too clear that I thought our actions as in hunting actions should be the same.

Secondly FN groups are known for scalping, enslaving, raping and murdering women and children as well as wiping out entire tribes. if we as Canadians meaning (Chinese, East Indians, Africans candians ect ect who have had nothing to do with FN at all) as a whole have to some how make up for them losing a cultural and physical war is almost beyond comprehension.

So did your ancestors at some point and so did mine. I'm not sure about this point.

I didn't use the word compensated or any form of it in my post. I said we needed to do the right thing.

I think that after some reports of 90%+ of the native population being wiped out when Europeans came to NA and the way they have been treated up to this point by having reservations which only creates ghettos and segregation, the way bands are given lots of money and only a select few keep most of it in a lot of cases, I can understand why some don't like the white man and how many are in jail being brought up in a society that has bred them that way. We have not done the right thing.

I don't know what the magic number is but I agree with most of this.

The point is that you abrogate to yourself some imaginary "right" to decide what all we other Canucks "must" do and that is both offensive and unacceptable to me and probably many others.

I do not have the right to decide what e should all do, only the right to say what I think we should do.

So, given that is the 100th anniversary of probably the most horrific battle Canadians, ever fought, The Third Battle of Ypres, known with horror as "Passchendaele", could you tell me what specific C.E.F. battalion(s) your ancestors served in "over there"?

I'm not going to get into this pissing match. If you would like to call me a liar or question some of my family member's contributions to Canada's military and attempt to belittle it, go ahead. I will not do the same to you or your family.

I think that your comments concerning our supposed duties to the aboriginal minority are simply ludicrous, but, I do agree with your right to speak, but, not to the hectoring, self-righteous tone or content.

So?

See some of my answers to Lassassino's post.

Lassassino
10-27-2017, 09:31 PM
So did your ancestors at some point and so did mine. I'm not sure about this point.

I cant quite tell if you're being sarcastic or you are not seeing the blatant hypocrisy. Europeans killed and enslaved FN killed and enslaved. Europeans get zero extra rights FN get many extra rights what exactly are you not understanding?

I think that after some reports of 90%+ of the native population being wiped out when Europeans came to NA and the way they have been treated up to this point by having reservations which only creates ghettos and segregation, the way bands are given lots of money and only a select few keep most of it in a lot of cases, I can understand why some don't like the white man and how many are in jail being brought up in a society that has bred them that way. We have not done the right thing.

Exactly right, the fact we gave them their own little status on their own little land and classified them as different than the rest of the population is exactly the problem. They are being labelled as special and are being treated as such which is exactly the wrong thing to do. They should have zero extra rights and zero extra land and should be exactly equal to the rest of Canadians and the segregation would end.

edgar11
10-28-2017, 08:15 AM
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjlt-DenZLXAhVgHGMKHbHsB5MQFggmMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ictinc.ca%2Fblog%2Faborigina l-veterans&usg=AOvVaw0EC2aejMGVNoWrqzLMdZsy You should do a little research on how many natives fought in ww1 and ww2 and the treatment they received when they returned home compared to the other veterans.

If, you are commenting to me, I tend to use both serious, scholastic sources for my historical statements as well as anecdotal information from actual veterans, such as my uncles, father and many, many others.

I doubt that you have done 1/10 the "research" that I have and your use of "google" shows this.

Quadrakid is actually right. My Grandfather fought in WW2 and he said when he came home there was no hero's welcome for him or any of the other FN Soldiers he travelled with. He said he watched all of them get off the train they were travelling on and there was no one there to welcome them home. He actually lost his land on the reserve because he had volunteered to join the army.

edgar11
10-28-2017, 08:19 AM
Let's talk another angle, how their fellow chiefs monopilouse the money and starve their own yet ask for more each budget?

Does any politition have your best interest in mind? :grin:

edgar11
10-28-2017, 08:42 AM
“Traditional hunting rights”

Your telling me MY ancestors didnt hunt to survive back then?

I GREW UP HERE
WERE ALL ALIVE AT THE SAME TIME
HOW IS IT ANY DIFFERENT

Funny you ask what is different? “Traditional hunting rights” is the practice of hunting not only for food but also to utilize in ceremony practices. Many of you have no understanding of that so I see this a lot. There are many ceremonies which require "traditional food". This includes wild game meat and fish as well as berries and such. Its not the "as you seen on TV" the practice of walking around in our buckskin clothes and hunting with a bow and arrow. There is a process from the time you take the animals life until it is put on a table for use, which incorporates the "traditional" part. HOW you take the animal(bow,gun,axe,stick) is not as important as the rest of the process.
These ceremonies are still practiced today and we have strict rules on how these ceremonies are carried out and wild game meat is an integral part of it. Walmart and McDonalds are just not the same. :wink:

Iron Glove
10-28-2017, 08:44 AM
Quadrakid is actually right. My Grandfather fought in WW2 and he said when he came home there was no hero's welcome for him or any of the other FN Soldiers he travelled with. He said he watched all of them get off the train they were travelling on and there was no one there to welcome them home. He actually lost his land on the reserve because he had volunteered to join the army.

My Dad and Father-In-Law, both WW2 Vets who ended up living in the same Veteran's Housing Project said the same about the reception that their fellow vets who happened to be FN's received. Both were non FN's although Father In Law has some FN / Metis ancestry.
My Sister is a retired TA at a Fraser Valley School with a large FN population, at last year's Remembrance Day Ceremonies an FN Veteran spoke about the treatment the returning FN Vets received. The whole topic of "rights" and such is something that obviously has two or three sides to it but the handling of Vets, regardless of their ethnicity should never have been subject to such abject racism.

BgBlkDg
10-28-2017, 08:47 AM

My maternal GF, was in the USA, came home to Ontario, volunteered, kept in Canada as an officer to train others on machine guns, voluntarily resigned his commission to go overseas and was wounded at Courcelette. He then insisted on returning to combat, giving up a promotion and ignoring his MID and was severely wounded at Passchendaele, Nov. 10, 1917. He died from those wounds as he had just one lung and a huge hole in one leg, but, worked all his life and NEVER received a pension.

My father was too old to volunteer, as he was past 35 in 1939, waited until "called up" then when told he should-could stay in Canada, as a tradesman, he volunteered for "Active Overseas Service", had to close his small business and lost it. I asked him WHY he did this not long before he died at 93 and all he ever would say, "I thought it was my duty" and that was that.

I could go on with accounts of the wounds, KIA and other misadventures of my close relatives in WWI and WWII and how my GF, in particular, fought all of his life to his death at 53 for benefits for ALL Canadian veterans. NO man in my family EVER complained, whimpered or sniveled and several worked at hard physical jobs with the effects of serious wounds.......and so did 1000s ands 1000s 0f other Canucks.

There were no celebrations when many of them came home and getting veteran's benefits was a battle after WWII and such did not exist after WWI. Research "Whiz-Bang Corner" during and after WWI as well as "Ballantyne Pier" at that time and then tell me how well "white" veterans were treated.

"Quadrakid" is NOT "right" and, generally speaking, aboriginals in Canada, have been treated FAR better by us than they ever treated each other or still do.

BgBlkDg
10-28-2017, 08:54 AM
I'm not going to get into this pissing match. If you would like to call me a liar or question some of my family member's contributions to Canada's military and attempt to belittle it, go ahead. I will not do the same to you or your family.

See some of my answers to Lassassino's post.

I did not call you anything, or, "belittle" anyone, you are trying to change what I posted.

I asked you a specific question and you choose to avoid it, fine, do as you see fit.

RadHimself
10-28-2017, 09:23 AM
So, edgar your telling me my ancestors didnt do much the same?

maybe not a full community celebrating, but families have been coming together and feasting/celebrating since the dawn of time.... its all the same, dont try and call it anything else

tradition is tradition... regardless thats what you dont understand....

equality is just that equality, im glad you said nothing about the practices used... you know damn well the tactics used are questionable (oh thats not important)... Only when it suits your cause and arguements

like every other organization

Brez
10-28-2017, 11:21 AM
How about this for an idea...Anyone who feels responsible for the injustices done to FNs in the past (before they were born) can feel free to gather up themselves and their families and return to the countries of their origin thereby demonstrating the only truly sincere way of repent. The rest of us can stay and work things out.

edgar11
10-28-2017, 12:55 PM
So, edgar your telling me my ancestors didnt do much the same?

maybe not a full community celebrating, but families have been coming together and feasting/celebrating since the dawn of time.... its all the same, dont try and call it anything else

tradition is tradition... regardless thats what you dont understand....

equality is just that equality, im glad you said nothing about the practices used... you know damn well the tactics used are questionable (oh thats not important)... Only when it suits your cause and arguements

like every other organization

I am saying you have no idea what you are talking about and I see it is pointless to try and have a civil conversation with you. Its all good though because our culture ,spirituality and way of life is still intact even after all that has transpired. Have a good day sir. :D

edgar11
10-28-2017, 01:02 PM
My maternal GF, was in the USA, came home to Ontario, volunteered, kept in Canada as an officer to train others on machine guns, voluntarily resigned his commission to go overseas and was wounded at Courcelette. He then insisted on returning to combat, giving up a promotion and ignoring his MID and was severely wounded at Passchendaele, Nov. 10, 1917. He died from those wounds as he had just one lung and a huge hole in one leg, but, worked all his life and NEVER received a pension.

My father was too old to volunteer, as he was past 35 in 1939, waited until "called up" then when told he should-could stay in Canada, as a tradesman, he volunteered for "Active Overseas Service", had to close his small business and lost it. I asked him WHY he did this not long before he died at 93 and all he ever would say, "I thought it was my duty" and that was that.

I could go on with accounts of the wounds, KIA and other misadventures of my close relatives in WWI and WWII and how my GF, in particular, fought all of his life to his death at 53 for benefits for ALL Canadian veterans. NO man in my family EVER complained, whimpered or sniveled and several worked at hard physical jobs with the effects of serious wounds.......and so did 1000s ands 1000s 0f other Canucks.

There were no celebrations when many of them came home and getting veteran's benefits was a battle after WWII and such did not exist after WWI. Research "Whiz-Bang Corner" during and after WWI as well as "Ballantyne Pier" at that time and then tell me how well "white" veterans were treated.

"Quadrakid" is NOT "right" and, generally speaking, aboriginals in Canada, have been treated FAR better by us than they ever treated each other or still do.

Haha have a gander at these videos Dog and you tell me how good they were treated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqnzcQNu-gM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NIVMaktlx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N5AMcPnw9c

BgBlkDg
10-28-2017, 01:16 PM
"Dog"???

You may notice that I avoid calling others names but, maybe I should?

In any event, the FACTS of mid-20thC. aboriginal slavery are well known as your own Bill Wilson, a real "racist" as other aboriginals have stated publicly as are the FACTS concerning the Kwakiutl cannibalism of the 19thC.

So, I think this speaks for itself and such behaviour is hardly a culture to be promoted, admired or preserved.

edgar11
10-28-2017, 02:33 PM
Sorry I thought BgBlkDg stood for bigblackdog my mistake I guess. Don't be too sensitive I wasn't trying to call you a name.
Sorry but whatever you heard what one or a group of FN's may or may have not did a couple of hundreds of years ago is irrelavent to the subject at hand. I thought we were talking about concerns about CANADIAN's here.
You know nothing about our culture, spirituality or way of life so don't try to spew your banter about something you know very little about. Sorry I don't know Mr. Wilson personally so whatever he says I really don't care about anyway. I have my own life to life to have to worry about what this guy or that guy says.

Dorarem
10-28-2017, 02:52 PM
Better to make same rules to hunt for natives as white people. And then we will have much more animals to hunt

BgBlkDg
10-28-2017, 03:51 PM
I know a great deal about the factual activities of aboriginals " a couple of hundreds of years ago" as my direct ancestors were here and dealt with these people. So, I suggest that you cease with your crap about your "culture" as there were scores of "cultures" in North-South America, at the time of the initial Norse, settlements and most came eagerly to get whatever technological devices they could from the Europeans.

You will NEVER convince most Canadians, that you and your ilk have any REAL "rights" superior to those we loyal Canucks possess and this entire situation is merely a setup by the wealthy and powerful of several ethnic groups to con you into supporting pipelines, etc. It is actually we who advocate for and support equality for all who are your real allies, but, you need to drop your self-pity and delusional attitudes and work as equals with we of other ancestries.

You seem an intelligent chap and I am surprised and saddened that you cannot seem to understand this simple aspect of contemporary reality. Really, do you actually think that some 5% of Canada's total population will continue to direct what the majority will do??????

Geezuz wept, no bloody wonder.......

sawmill
10-28-2017, 04:00 PM
Funny you ask what is different? “Traditional hunting rights” is the practice of hunting not only for food but also to utilize in ceremony practices. Many of you have no understanding of that so I see this a lot. There are many ceremonies which require "traditional food". This includes wild game meat and fish as well as berries and such. Its not the "as you seen on TV" the practice of walking around in our buckskin clothes and hunting with a bow and arrow. There is a process from the time you take the animals life until it is put on a table for use, which incorporates the "traditional" part. HOW you take the animal(bow,gun,axe,stick) is not as important as the rest of the process.
These ceremonies are still practiced today and we have strict rules on how these ceremonies are carried out and wild game meat is an integral part of it. Walmart and McDonalds are just not the same. :wink:
So do your strict rules say you should set a gill net in the Skeena River and kill and discard 400 pink salmon to catch the tail end of the sockeye run? Or shoot 40-50 moose and sell the map to their location for $100 to some guy in the bar?
Don`t bullshit me with" Traditional Practices"

HappyJack
10-28-2017, 06:51 PM
Sorry I thought BgBlkDg stood for bigblackdog my mistake I guess. Don't be too sensitive I wasn't trying to call you a name.
Sorry but whatever you heard what one or a group of FN's may or may have not did a couple of hundreds of years ago is irrelavent to the subject at hand. I thought we were talking about concerns about CANADIAN's here.
You know nothing about our culture, spirituality or way of life so don't try to spew your banter about something you know very little about. Sorry I don't know Mr. Wilson personally so whatever he says I really don't care about anyway. I have my own life to life to have to worry about what this guy or that guy says.

They want equality. We should give it to them!! Take away all their wealth, send them to live in nice houses far away from civilization...take their children away and educate them far away from mom and dad...make them speak Carrier...deliberately give them some infected blankets so over half of them expire. Don't let them participate in democracy and the list goes on and on. Equality? I don't think that is what they really want. Is it?

Mishka
10-28-2017, 07:00 PM
They want equality. We should give it to them!! Take away all their wealth, send them to live in nice houses far away from civilization...take their children away and educate them far away from mom and dad...make them speak Carrier...deliberately give them some infected blankets so over half of them expire. Don't let them participate in democracy and the list goes on and on. Equality? I don't think that is what they really want. Is it?

You can live anywhere you want to in Canada. You can send your children to any school you want to. French and English is Canada's official language, however you can speak any language you choose. You can vote. I don't understand what you are talking about. Stop living in the past.

HappyJack
10-28-2017, 07:15 PM
You can live anywhere you want to in Canada. You can send your children to any school you want to. French and English is Canada's official language, however you can speak any language you choose. You can vote. I don't understand what you are talking about. Stop living in the past.

I suppose you have the same attitude with Remembrance Day? ;-)

BgBlkDg
10-28-2017, 07:16 PM

The comment about "infected blankets" is one of the usual lies spread by the typical whinging aboriginal or pathetic SJW parasite and this NEVER happened.

The myth comes from a mocking comment by a very great British officer to a subordinate and it happened in the USA, not here in Canada.

You want to "give it to them", what a farce, we invented rifles, aircraft, computers, motor vehicles and the modern medical care WE pay for and you receive gratis which is allowing your miniscule share of the population to rapidly increase. Be damned careful about "biting the hand that feeds you", as the increasing Asian-derived share of Canada's citizens will NOT tolerate the crap that we have and do.

"Take away all their wealth", well, you ARE doing a rather good job of that, so, ...........

HappyJack
10-28-2017, 07:29 PM
The comment about "infected blankets" is one of the usual lies spread by the typical whinging aboriginal or pathetic SJW parasite and this NEVER happened.

The myth comes from a mocking comment by a very great British officer to a subordinate and it happened in the USA, not here in Canada.

You want to "give it to them", what a farce, we invented rifles, aircraft, computers, motor vehicles and the modern medical care WE pay for and you receive gratis which is allowing your miniscule share of the population to rapidly increase. Be damned careful about "biting the hand that feeds you", as the increasing Asian-derived share of Canada's citizens will NOT tolerate the crap that we have and do.

"Take away all their wealth", well, you ARE doing a rather good job of that, so, ...........

Did you invent the diddling priests too?

BgBlkDg
10-28-2017, 07:40 PM
I went to one of the worst RC schools for that and to public schools where Protestants did the same to kids, 99% "white" and this topic is not one I find easy to discuss or even the least "funny". However, given your comment about "Remembrance Day", I expect such vile comments from you and your ilk.

I sometimes wonder, do so many members of your kind deliberately try to engender hatred of themselves and their ilk in so many other people? It sure seems that way, but, who cares as you are your own worst enemies.

Now, I must go and phone my neighbour and close friend, a lady of Metis ancestry and one who shares my opinions. So, maybe the "lunatic fringe" of your type will just slowly fade away.............

Looking_4_Jerky
10-29-2017, 02:13 AM
I know a great deal about the factual activities of aboriginals " a couple of hundreds of years ago" as my direct ancestors were here and dealt with these people. So, I suggest that you cease with your crap about your "culture" as there were scores of "cultures" in North-South America, at the time of the initial Norse, settlements and most came eagerly to get whatever technological devices they could from the Europeans.

You will NEVER convince most Canadians, that you and your ilk have any REAL "rights" superior to those we loyal Canucks possess and this entire situation is merely a setup by the wealthy and powerful of several ethnic groups to con you into supporting pipelines, etc. It is actually we who advocate for and support equality for all who are your real allies, but, you need to drop your self-pity and delusional attitudes and work as equals with we of other ancestries.

You seem an intelligent chap and I am surprised and saddened that you cannot seem to understand this simple aspect of contemporary reality. Really, do you actually think that some 5% of Canada's total population will continue to direct what the majority will do??????

Geezuz wept, no bloody wonder.......

It's no wonder the general population has such little respect for the hunting community. We have ambassadors with such a skewed sense of reality that they make Donald Trump look like the goddamn Dalai Lama.

This probably isn't worth burning the 2 calories it takes to type this, but call this my pity-induced philanthropy for the day: That 5% doesn't direct the rest of the population. Both are directed by the supreme law: the Canadian Constitution. By 1982 standards, the Constitution Act was reasonably progressive, is it entrenched what the United Nations would adopt by resolution 25 years later, which is a recognition (and protection) of the rights of indigenous cultures. One of those rights is the ability to hunt. So no, I can't just show up in a country and tell the indigenous folks there I'm now going to occupy lands they had previously been occupying and that they can't feed themselves off that land anymore. They must be able to gather food in and engage in traditional ceremonial activities. This is bigger than going to your MLA.

I wholly agree the current system does a sh!t job of demanding stewardship from aboriginals, and that First Nations want to govern their activities but most have neither the physical nor technological capacity to undertake adequate resource (wildlife) management, but those are separate discussions. This discussion is that aboriginals have a constitutionally protected right to hunt and honky hunters hate the fact we don't have it too. But we don't. Get used to it. It has nothing to do with aboriginals comprising 5% of our population directing the rest. It has to do with our ancestors taking up residence in a largely inhabited land and their governments neither conquering nor ratifying agreements (treaties) with the indigenous peoples of the lands. Now that justice is catching up with us and saying, "hang on, before all of us VISITORS can have access to the resources, the original inhabitants have to be able to feed themselves the way they always have",we think it's a bum deal.

It is completely moot that your forefathers fought in the war because they were fighting for the Commonwealth, not for the sovereign state of Canada which had legally or forcibly extinguished all aboriginal rights at the time.

Rather than trying to revert ourselves back to primitive times and ideologies, why don't "you and your ilk" put your efforts toward something productive like figuring out how we can reliably track FN fish and big game harvests, and improve wildlife management and habitat stewardship so that there will be enough to provide hunting opportunities for us and them? Because as soon as there are not enough, they get first crack and we get to sit around and bitch. Fuxake people. If you're going to call your MLA, do it and demand that we resource better wildlife management, inclusive of the provision of sustenance opportunities for both FNs and non FNs, not for the impossible request to relinquish aboriginal rights.

BgBlkDg
10-29-2017, 03:41 AM
Your guttersnipe rant is ludicrous as we whose ancestors founded and built Canada, did NOT merely "show up" here and Canada, is OURS. The UN is a vile, corrupt organization and most of it's members are totalitarian states where the sniveling aboriginals here would have been exterminated long ago.

I was active in conservation from 1961 to very recently and you impress me as a "Dipper" type SJW who takes and takes and has never done squat to benefit anyone except himself. So, go play "dressup" in your rags and feathers.

I see you "work for the province" in one of your previous posts and you edited out your comment in this post about "honky hunters".........bit "racist", eh? Next time, I will have your racism made apparent to your supervisor and perhaps you might watch your ignorant mouth about the "Dalai Lama" as he does not deserve your slur.....

lucky1
10-29-2017, 08:52 AM
...justice is catching up with us and saying, "hang on, before all of us VISITORS can have access to the resources, the original inhabitants have to be able to feed themselves the way they always have",we think it's a bum deal...
...It is completely moot that your forefathers fought in the war because they were fighting for the Commonwealth, not for the sovereign state of Canada...
...why don't "you and your ilk" put your efforts toward something productive like figuring out how we can reliably track FN fish and big game harvests,... [/end B.S.]

You almost got me banned with that crap you spewed all over my screen! I'm glad I took a minute to calm down before posting.

Looking_4_Jerky
10-29-2017, 10:05 AM
BgBlkDg, it is obvious that you and I are not of the same "ilk", so I was never expecting to win you over, nor do I give a rat's ass about doing it now. What I'd like to leave for your (and others of your "ilk") contemplation, is that the original post said "should I start a petition?", and by the time it had reached your second to last post it had turned into 101 irrelevant and nonsensical reasons non-aboriginals deserve aboriginal rights, which speaking of ludicrous, seems to fit the shoe.

I will note though, that my impression is that you and I do share some common ground: The UN being corrupt... totally. I'm not saying the UN or any of its member states are model citizens, just that unless we want to withdraw from the UN, we must be governed in accordance with them, acknowledging indigenous rights. This isn't something that Pierre Elliott Trudeau made up in 1982. This is a concept acknowledged globally and we who are largely regarded as one of the world's progressive nations (and consequently a great place to live) would be regressing our social evolution and global status by disregarding it.

I think we also share that we are both displeased with the status quo in how it relates to wildlife management. I'm just focusing on the fact we need to find a viable solution and you're focused on erasing aboriginal rights, which will likely do little to benefit our hunting opportunities.

As for your efforts toward conservation, thank you. Hopefully you accomplished more than trying to convince your cohorts that we should take a step back in time. Or did you gain credibility by telling on your peers when your heard them say something you didn't like? For the record, I didn't edit my use of the term "honky". It's still there. I guess if a white guy calling himself a white guy is racist, then guilty as charged. If you can find out who I am, you can point out my admission to my supervisor, right before they realize you're the fossil nutbar you are and hang up on you.

TexasWalker
10-29-2017, 10:45 AM
BgblkDOG/Devilbear is a crazy old racist.
I find it hilarious that he is calling people racist in this thread.

His name is Dewey Riesterer, Google his name and you will find pages of his racist hate filled comments on all sorts of articles.
He seems to really dislike Asian people, or "chinamen" as he likes to call them.

Hombre
10-29-2017, 10:54 AM

His name is Dewey Riesterer, Google his name and you will find pages of his racist hate filled comments on all sorts of articles.
He seems to really dislike Asian people, or "chinamen" as he likes to call them.

Actually his real name is Julius Riesterer and he has been banned at one time or another from most forums he has been a member of.

REMINGTON JIM
10-29-2017, 10:58 AM
WOW ! :roll: this is gonna get LOCKED up soon ! lol RJ

edgar11
10-29-2017, 11:11 AM
So do your strict rules say you should set a gill net in the Skeena River and kill and discard 400 pink salmon to catch the tail end of the sockeye run? Or shoot 40-50 moose and sell the map to their location for $100 to some guy in the bar?
Don`t bullshit me with" Traditional Practices"

So by your statement I guess you are generalizing that ALL people of FN origin are doing this practice? Did you not know that our beloved government spent generations trying to make us lose/forget our values and beliefs that we are trying to get back. Those people you speak of above have lost their traditional beliefs. How can you not see that? If they knew their traditions they definitely would not be doing what they are doing as it is the opposite of what we believe in.
I guess by your thought process is that most mass murderers are Caucasian so I should believe you are all like that? That is absurd and I hope it shows you how absurd your statement is with that train of thought.

ACE
10-29-2017, 11:18 AM
The buffalo are gone ...... get over it.

At what point in time do we collectively strive for equality ?
The province is being divided by race.
Look around the world and see how well that works.

tightgrouper
10-29-2017, 11:24 AM
I have not read the thread only the title but on the topic it seems to me that solving past racial treatment which was wrong with solutions that are racist will never ever solve the issues with race we have in this country. Never.

Surrey Boy
10-29-2017, 11:25 AM

I would love for every individual to be respected as an individual. But leeches and deadbeats have a knack for identifying with more successful individuals in order to maintain a parasitic relationship. In this case the associative identity is race. We need to negate that association.

edgar11
10-29-2017, 11:32 AM
Your guttersnipe rant is ludicrous as we whose ancestors founded and built Canada, did NOT merely "show up" here and Canada, is OURS. The UN is a vile, corrupt organization and most of it's members are totalitarian states where the sniveling aboriginals here would have been exterminated long ago.

I was active in conservation from 1961 to very recently and you impress me as a "Dipper" type SJW who takes and takes and has never done squat to benefit anyone except himself. So, go play "dressup" in your rags and feathers.

I see you "work for the province" in one of your previous posts and you edited out your comment in this post about "honky hunters".........bit "racist", eh? Next time, I will have your racism made apparent to your supervisor and perhaps you might watch your ignorant mouth about the "Dalai Lama" as he does not deserve your slur.....

Wow such hate and anger. You better stop before you work yourself into a tizzy . :p You better "Get Over" the fact that some FN guy beat you up when you were a kid or something because that stuff will make your life a living hell. You have been going on like this for a very long time and its time you get professional help.

edgar11
10-29-2017, 11:42 AM

Um....the buffalo are not gone and neither are FN people. We are here to stay, so someone needs to "get over it" although I don't think its the FN people. Ha Ha . Seriously there are some beautiful people in this world and they are not concerned what color a person skin is. There is only a minority of people who take issue with such frivolous things. As a HUNTING site we ALL should be concerned with HUNTING issues and not all of this other dribble.

Surrey Boy
10-29-2017, 12:25 PM
There is only a minority of people who take issue with such frivolous things. As a HUNTING site we ALL should be concerned with HUNTING issues and not all of this other dribble.

The minority of people who object to equality because they believe their race makes them entitled and superior?

Racist hunting laws are a hunting issue.

We are all in this together if there is only one "we". Certain people insist on the "us versus them" mentality, and it isn't mainstream Canadians.

Spy
10-29-2017, 12:27 PM

Wow now you resort to "doxing" people I think that's against forum rules! I don't agree with what BBlk is saying or his views but throwing a guys name out there like u have just done is low. How about telling us who you are??
Sorry but I don't agree with what you are doing.

TexasWalker
10-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Wow now you resort to "doxing" people I think that's against forum rules! I don't agree with what BBlk is saying or his views but throwing a guys name out there like u have just done is low. How about telling us who you are??
Sorry but I don't agree with what you are doing.

I didn't doxx anybody, he's posted his name here numerous times under different usernames.
It's public knowledge.

Spy
10-29-2017, 12:38 PM
I didn't doxx anybody, he's posted his name here numerous times under different usernames.
It's public knowledge.
Ok Ive never seen that but if you can show it all the power to you.. Just so you know he has the right to his views, even if we do not agree, its called freedom of speech..

TexasWalker
10-29-2017, 12:48 PM
Ok Ive never seen that but if you can show it all the power to you.. Just so you know he has the right to his views, even if we do not agree, its called freedom of speech..

Just as I am free to post what I post.

BgBlkDg
10-29-2017, 02:36 PM
I could not agree more, although the earlier reference to "Remembrance Day" as posted would get the poster a major beatdown in my youth anywhere I have ever lived. However, we "old, crazy" "honkies" are like that, we support the freedoms our dads, uncles and grandfolks died for which are now so sadly ignored by most contemporary young fools.

Interesting discussion, I do love to stimulate the SJWs, professional aboriginals and sanctimonious namecallers as my humble comments here appear to have done. I especially enjoy some barely literate wannabe offering his puerile opinions on the psychological status of one whom he has never met and from a background obviously lacking in any education beyond Grade Seven.......laffin.... ;)

BgBlkDg
10-29-2017, 02:45 PM
Wow such hate and anger. You better stop before you work yourself into a tizzy . :p You better "Get Over" the fact that some FN guy beat you up when you were a kid or something because that stuff will make your life a living hell. You have been going on like this for a very long time and its time you get professional help.

Sorry, Edgar. but the only "steward" who ever really attempted to get violent with me was on Athabaska Tower, out of Hinton, AB, June, 1991. He was a big one, ignorant and mouthy, but, backed down when I knocked his hand off of my jacket and told him to behave.

I could have shot him as I was armed, but, I am a gentle soul and not inclined to violence except when absolutely unavoidable.

AS to "help", well, this is the usual weak slur by drones with no education and less ability. So, pound your skin drum, change is coming and soon.

ACE
10-29-2017, 04:01 PM
Um....the buffalo are not gone and neither are FN people. We are here to stay, so someone needs to "get over it" although I don't think its the FN people. Ha Ha . Seriously there are some beautiful people in this world and they are not concerned what color a person skin is. There is only a minority of people who take issue with such frivolous things. As a HUNTING site we ALL should be concerned with HUNTING issues and not all of this other dribble.

Sorry pal, but for all intents and purposes ..... the buffalo are gone, and they're not coming back. You're living in the past.
Race based province ..... your utopia ?
Victim forever ?

rocksteady
10-29-2017, 04:05 PM
Trying to get this changed is like trying to push a truckload of cooked ichiban noodles up a 100% slope...

Try as you might.. nothing will change

rocksteady
10-29-2017, 04:06 PM

Offside.. no need to post real names when you can pm and fight offline

Bugle M In
10-29-2017, 04:51 PM
Posting someone's actual name I suspect is a big no no, especially without consent....
regardless of opinions....too wrongs don't make a right.
If rocksteady was off base with comment (gone too far), then the Mods can deal with it.
But, to posts someone's name......is a little beyond too far as well....(guess the Mods have some timeouts to hand out?)

Spy
10-29-2017, 05:03 PM
Posting someone's actual name I suspect is a big no no, especially without consent....
If rocksteady was off base with comment (gone too far), then the Mods can deal with it.
But, to posts someone's name......is a little beyond too far as well....(guess the Mods have some timeouts to hand out?)
Agree 100% Doxing someone is an offside low blow and should not be tolerated. Funny that the guy doing the dox is also hiding behind a previous HBC name.

BgBlkDg
10-29-2017, 05:13 PM
Does that surprise you?

I don't care if someone uses my name here, it is just not important to me.

Obviously, those who do this have an agenda, but, cannot really post facts in any discussion.I find this just another example of how pathetic the perpetrators really are and hold them in cold contempt.

kevan
10-29-2017, 05:25 PM
Just as I am free to post what I post.

It is a pity that you cannot post something useful instead of slagging people.
I’m amazed that you haven’t got the boot, its long overdue...

BgBlkDg
10-29-2017, 05:37 PM
To get back to the gist of the matter and apart from any animus anyone may hold to any other person posting here, my issue with the current contratemps in Canadian resource issues for both we average, non-aboriginal Canucks and aboriginal peoples, is only too simple.

WE are and will be increasingly ALL "f**ked in the ear" by the globalist elites who are gaining control of the resources upon which we all depend. This, is happening, will destroy our national sovereignity and also our economy in respect of jobs for most people.

Then, one's adherence to whatever "side" of this sadly acrimonious discussion will be pointless as we will all be too broke, unemployed and powerless to do much about this debacle. So, time to forget the past and build a much better future on an equal, Canadian basis.

HappyJack
10-29-2017, 05:48 PM
I could not agree more, although the earlier reference to "Remembrance Day" as posted would get the poster a major beatdown in my youth anywhere I have ever lived. However, we "old, crazy" "honkies" are like that, we support the freedoms our dads, uncles and grandfolks died for which are now so sadly ignored by most contemporary young fools.

Interesting discussion, I do love to stimulate the SJWs, professional aboriginals and sanctimonious namecallers as my humble comments here appear to have done. I especially enjoy some barely literate wannabe offering his puerile opinions on the psychological status of one whom he has never met and from a background obviously lacking in any education beyond Grade Seven.......laffin.... ;)

At some point you should learn to get over it, and move on with your life, quit living in the past glories of your forefathers. Hard I'm sure when your biggest accomplishment in life is having lived in a fire tower. ;-)

Spy
10-29-2017, 05:49 PM
To get back to the gist of the matter and apart from any animus anyone may hold to any other person posting here, my issue with the current contratemps in Canadian resource issues for both we average, non-aboriginal Canucks and aboriginal peoples, is only too simple.

WE are and will be increasingly ALL "f**ked in the ear" by the globalist elites who are gaining control of the resources upon which we all depend. This, is happening, will destroy our national sovereignity and also our economy in respect of jobs for most people.

Then, one's adherence to whatever "side" of this sadly acrimonious discussion will be pointless as we will all be too broke, unemployed and powerless to do much about this debacle. So, time to forget the past and build a much better future on an equal, Canadian basis.
You hit the nail on the head with this post glad to see some are paying attention.

BgBlkDg
10-29-2017, 05:54 PM
HappyJack,

Is this the best you can do, a personal cheap shot and an attempt to mock someone whom you obviously cannot begin to debate with facts and experience?

Quite frankly, I do not know if you are an aboriginal, a "white" Canadian, an immigrant or even a BC citizen. So far, you have yet to make a comment that exceeds in knowledge what a nine year old might say and so I do not take you seriously.

So, kindly STFU.

HappyJack
10-29-2017, 06:11 PM
It doesn't matter how hard you strive for equality, it will never happen. Everyone knows white men cannot dance. :-)

curt
10-29-2017, 07:10 PM
the reality is very clear until you manage to change the opinions and decisions in the courts you are fighting a losing battle...............and American FN crossed the border in the Kootenays shot an elk and took it home. The ruling was he had ancestral rights to that area WTF so as long as shit like this is happening and the courts and government don't grow a spine and stop this crap nothing will change.

Xenomorph
10-29-2017, 07:50 PM
the reality is very clear until you manage to change the opinions and decisions in the courts you are fighting a losing battle...............and American FN crossed the border in the Kootenays shot an elk and took it home. The ruling was he had ancestral rights to that area WTF so as long as shit like this is happening and the courts and government don't grow a spine and stop this crap nothing will change.

^100% agree

Surrey Boy
10-29-2017, 07:53 PM
Opinions are changing, more than one pendulum is swinging back. In the 60s racial equality made you progressive, now it makes you a bigot.

Young families, not just the rich or religious, are becoming more conservative. About drugs, sex, money . . . I have hope for the future.

REMINGTON JIM
10-29-2017, 08:44 PM

YUP thats a FACT ! RJ

TexasWalker
10-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Offside.. no need to post real names when you can pm and fight offline

Agree 100% Doxing someone is an offside low blow and should not be tolerated. Funny that the guy doing the dox is also hiding behind a previous HBC name.

Again, I didn't post anything that he hasn't posted here himself already.
Devilbear has a long history here and it's no secret who he is or what his racist views are.
Just thought I'd shine a little light in it for those who aren't so familiar.

TexasWalker
10-29-2017, 09:01 PM
It is a pity that you cannot post something useful instead of slagging people.
I’m amazed that you haven’t got the boot, its long overdue...

This site is very well moderated so you can be assured if I posted anything outside the rules it would be dealt with.
I like to call a spade a spade.

Spy
10-29-2017, 09:57 PM
Devilbear has a long history here and it's no secret who he is or what his racist views are.

Sure, but its a secret who you are ;-)

TexasWalker
10-29-2017, 10:09 PM

Whether or not I choose to post my personal info online has nothing to do with what I've posted in this thread.

BgBlkDg
10-30-2017, 12:10 AM

I have to ask, are you a "Chuck Norris" wannabe, as your handle and that blurry photo in your avatar would suggest????

My, how scary!

A real "Mattie Mattel" hero..............

blackhawk19
10-30-2017, 07:58 AM
its a terrible thing this segregation in canada. causes nothing but problems

Iron Glove
10-30-2017, 09:52 AM

Spy, it's not all that hard to find out who is who on the 'Net.
Hey, we all know who you are. :wink:

Spy
10-30-2017, 10:00 AM
Spy, it's not all that hard to find out who is who on the 'Net.
Hey, we all know who you are. :wink:
Right back at you buddy ;-)

Linksman313
10-30-2017, 10:05 AM
I'm sure General Custer tried a petition first. Then he thought he could confront them and win. History should provide valuable lessons.

Voting is a petition. Other than an election, anyone have any hard evidence of a petition actually having an impact on a decision? I find petitions are more about making people feel better and assuaging an angry emotion?

I can think of one recently, something about Grizzly Bears ring a bell? Petition was in every gas station counter from Sicamous to Surrey a year ago. I totally agree on the other point about petitions JT (feel good/angry)

Surrey Boy
10-30-2017, 10:10 AM
its a terrible thing this segregation in canada. causes nothing but problems

Too true. Leftover instituions from an era of racial slavery. Irish, Negro, Chinese segregation has ended and they have integrated. Time to extend that fairness to the Indians as well. Equal but separate is inherently inequal.

Mishka
10-30-2017, 10:10 AM
I suppose you have the same attitude with Remembrance Day? ;-)

If you cannot understand the concept of remembering and thanking the ones that fought for our country compared to "living in the past" so you can play the victim card, I'm sorry I don't see any hope in discussing anything with you.

Iron Glove
10-30-2017, 10:20 AM
Right back at you buddy ;-)

Don't worry, I'm not gonna post up naked pics of ya'. :D
My point is that it's not all that difficult to do a bit of digging and find out who, or what, most folks are.
Heck, Fisher Dude outed me about 10 years ago, who really cares ?
If however outing someone on HBC is against the rules then by all means suspend, castrate, whatever them.

Spy
10-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Don't worry, I'm not gonna post up naked pics of ya'. :D
My point is that it's not all that difficult to do a bit of digging and find out who, or what, most folks are.
Heck, Fisher Dude outed me about 10 years ago, who really cares ?
If however outing someone on HBC is against the rules then by all means suspend, castrate, whatever them.
Sure I get that I just think it's a low blow and something that's done to try and intimidate rather then discuss the issue at hand.

BgBlkDg
10-30-2017, 11:11 AM
True, but, I am not one who is intimidated by much and my concern for this is that others may foilow suit and "out" some posters who have genuine concerns over their personal safety or that of their spouse(s) and kids.

I have had to deal with scum who attacked a tiny female buddy of mine from Hong Kong, due to her ethnicity and a number of "heros" who were beating on "gay" workers where I was the site super, due to whatever their problems were. I hate bullies and this is one of VERY few things that will motivate me to use violence on another human.

So, John knows my name, has for years, I know his and some others and I often use my name on sites as I don't post anything I am ashamed of, will not back up and actually find much of this entire brouhaha amusing.

In fact, IG and I often agree on major issues such as treatment and compassion for addicts and even that he is OK, but, just needs my guidance! :)

wideopenthrottle
10-30-2017, 11:16 AM
hey...we outed kbob and jassimine's identities....was that a bad thing

Spy
10-30-2017, 02:16 PM
hey...we outed knob and jassimine's identities....was that a bad thing
No Jasmine is still in the lol closet,unless that is really a pic of her in the female appreciation thread..,.