PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Closure MU 4-25 Palliser River km 54 ( turn off to Queen Mary trail head)???

Ron.C
10-23-2017, 08:58 AM
Morning all.

Had a chat with a fellow the other day and he said that there was a vehicle closure for hunting sign up at km 54 of the Palliser River Rd where you turn left and head up to access the Queen Mary Lake trail head? Can anyone confirm this? I see nothing to indicate this on the govt websites that there are any new access restrictions.

ElkValleyJay
10-23-2017, 07:24 PM
We were up there last year and I don't recall seeing any signs. I believe the guides cabin is up that road as well. I don't think there would be a restriction put on it.

Ron.C
10-23-2017, 08:41 PM
We were up there last year and I don't recall seeing any signs. I believe the guides cabin is up that road as well. I don't think there would be a restriction put on it.

last year was no issue. Yep, that is the road to the guides lodge. Just heard there was a new VCA sign posted recently at the turn off from the Palliser

ElkValleyJay
10-23-2017, 09:05 PM
There's nothing in the regs and nothing on the forestry page. I don't see them closing that section. There was a small fire there this year from what I heard. Wondering if that was a temporary closure and the sign was just left up.

Ron.C
10-24-2017, 06:31 AM
There's nothing in the regs and nothing on the forestry page. I don't see them closing that section. There was a small fire there this year from what I heard. Wondering if that was a temporary closure and the sign was just left up.

Agree, seemed very unlikely. Will find out for sure this weekend. Cheers Jay.

Timberjack
10-24-2017, 07:12 PM
Maybe confusing 54km on the nearby Albert? I'm not aware of any closures on the Palliser..

TJ

Bugle M In
10-24-2017, 11:01 PM
There was a fire back there (?George Mtn) this season.
I think they closed it off once you got to that fork (to queen Mary)because of the fire.
Has never been a vehicle restriction otherwise.