358mag
10-18-2017, 10:11 PM
https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton/209464/Hunter-takes-urban-deer

boxhitch
10-19-2017, 01:12 AM
The black Dodge gang again ?

Bugle M In
10-19-2017, 01:59 AM
Wow....would it sound silly that I am actually surprised they "took his gun away"!???
The CO's actions, or should I say, inaction, do not surprise me in the least.
And then, to shoot in a "urban area"....and some wonder why I am not a real FN supporter these days.
Wonder what kind of "pee pee slap" the band will give him? or, will it be more like some "shoulder slapping in support"?
We all know what we would be saying if it was a non FN, and the actions of the person in that case.

TexasWalker
10-19-2017, 02:06 AM
It was a monster 6 point muley that has been hanging around the neighborhood.

Weatherby Fan
10-19-2017, 04:23 AM
Wow....would it sound silly that I am actually surprised they "took his gun away"!???
The CO's actions, or should I say, inaction, do not surprise me in the least.
And then, to shoot in a "urban area"....and some wonder why I am not a real FN supporter these days.
Wonder what kind of "pee pee slap" the band will give him? or, will it be more like some "shoulder slapping in support"?
We all know what we would be saying if it was a non FN, and the actions of the person in that case.

Thats it exactly, if it was a non native he would be jailed right now no question asked................please one law one set of rules pretty simple really !

.308SLAYER
10-19-2017, 05:00 AM
I drove by the incident while getting off work ...seen a male and female fn on a atv which seemed super odd across the road was a female in a f350 never seen any cos at the time just rcmp. Pretty shitty situation but after the whole elk thing out naramata way last winter with the pregnant cow my take is there is gonna be members seeing how far they push the limit's....monster Muley hunting right out their back door on their land just not into the challenge of the hunt...

Kami
10-19-2017, 06:03 AM
For F sake. This is ridiculous.

campking
10-19-2017, 06:54 AM
It will never change, it is just me and perhaps a fault of mine but every time things like this happen I think about my relatives that died during the war and are buried overseas.
Is this the freedom that they fought and sacrificed for I THINK NOT!

boxhitch
10-19-2017, 07:19 AM
It was a monster 6 point muley that has been hanging around the neighborhood.Figures.......didn't think it would have been feral horses
Thiunking of the muni bylaws as well as the federal laws that may have been broken here

blackhawk19
10-19-2017, 08:02 AM
come on, we made him do it

Ourea
10-19-2017, 08:18 AM
The location is 500 meters from my house.....and I live close to a school.
Where the deer was killed is in one of the few remaining orchards that remains unfenced and is by one of the nicer neighborhoods in town. It is posted heavily with no hunting or trespassing signs.

FN have not been the only problem in that orchard.
I spoke to the care taker when picking up windfall apples. Claims he finds several arrows and xbox bolts every year.
Every time a big urban buck shows up there are guys sneaking around trying to kill it.
Absolutely pathetic.

Bugle M In
10-19-2017, 09:10 AM
It will never change, it is just me and perhaps a fault of mine but every time things like this happen I think about my relatives that died during the war and are buried overseas.
Is this the freedom that they fought and sacrificed for I THINK NOT!

Saying that...my forefathers were on the other side of WW2.
Had their leader won that one, you can imagine what would have happened.
Lots of people lost their lives for "our freedoms", and there is a group has seemed to forget that.
Not only that, but they are forgetting that even some of their members lost their lives for that same freedom.
There not just disrespecting us, but some of their forefathers as well.

Bugle M In
10-19-2017, 09:12 AM
Where the deer was killed in one of the few remaining orchards that remains unfenced and is by one of the nicer neighborhoods in town. It is posted heavily with no hunting or trespassing signs.

I spoke to the care taker when picking up windfall apples. Claims he finds several arrows and xbox bolts every year.
Every time a big urban buck shows up there are guys sneaking around trying to kill it.
Absolutely pathetic.

The fact they did that by a school....
As a father of a 10 yr old....that is BS.....
I hate to say this, but at some point, there will be an incident of "firing back"...
The RCMP/CO's better start seeing what is going to happen if they don't get control of these situations that
are occurring....
But to threaten the lives of any children, of any color and race, is down right pathetic.

rimfire
10-19-2017, 09:31 AM
Saying that...my forefathers were on the other side of WW2.
Had their leader won that one, you can imagine what would have happened.
Lots of people lost their lives for "our freedoms", and there is a group has seemed to forget that.
Not only that, but they are forgetting that even some of their members lost their lives for that same freedom.
There not just disrespecting us, but some of their forefathers as well.

It isn't just "a" group. Many groups have forgotten it.

Unfortunately, as Thomas Jefferson so eloquently put it: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Ourea
10-19-2017, 10:14 AM
I hate to say this, but at some point, there will be an incident of "firing back"...
The RCMP/CO's better start seeing what is going to happen if they don't get control of these situations that
are occurring....
But to threaten the lives of any children, of any color and race, is down right pathetic.

The orchard is about 800-900 meters from the school.

Prior to aggressive fencing, mitigating deer depredation in the neighborhood vineyards and orchards, there were some hammer bucks literally walking down the street. I remember being out for a run and having a 230+ buck walk across the street in front of me. This happened right at the school. Within days there were guys sneaking around with crossbows. He got gut shot with a cross bow and was put down by the CO's with his guts starting to bulge out.

Mid 190 typical suffered the same fate.....only he had an arrow thru his neck.

My point being, there will be some on both sides that will try and kill a giant buck no matter where it is. The difference being is that some are exempt from prosecution. Both are scum.

There are proud FN hunters that only focus on males in the backcountry, and good on them.
There are also some FN hunters that will continue to keep pushing the boundaries operating with impunity despite jeopardizing public safety, trespassing, firearm violations etc.

My fear is that it is only escalating with no push back.

rocksteady
10-19-2017, 10:16 AM
Reconcilliation.............

Ourea
10-19-2017, 10:21 AM
Reconcilliation.............

Touche.

Reconciliation is leading to exploitation.

Bugle M In
10-19-2017, 11:27 AM
It isn't just "a" group. Many groups have forgotten it.

Unfortunately, as Thomas Jefferson so eloquently put it: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

I know what you are saying....
I heard of a buck being taken in Princeton, right behind a gas station, with bow, by locals, and they were not FN.
My point to my comment wasn't that only 1 group does this type of BS, all groups do.
My point is, if it were you and I that were caught, especially in regards to a "Gun/Rifle" being used (and I mean more so then say with a crossbow), you and I would be in a whole lot of deep S***!.
Difference is, 1 group ends up with basically "no consequences" for their "illegal actions".
I would never make an excuse for any BC Resident (non FN),if they took part in such action and were caught....
(look at the bashing we give to some people who are caught for poaching, ie that Yukon Ram that was said by the hunter that it was in BC, but wasn't,)
None of us on here condoned it, we were all upset about it.
So, why should I be in-different to this person....
Like I said, it's not about who did it, but that the consequences for that individual, based on ethnic background, won't
have the same charges laid against him/her....
Now that in itself, because this person is FN in this case, and won't be charged the same....is racism.
And then, to fire a gun! inside city limits....nope, not flying with me....lock him/her up....then this stops!

Xenomorph
10-19-2017, 11:40 AM
are occurring....

I'm afraid it will happen sooner than you think. I just don't want to see what's going to follow, it will be ugly.

Where the deer was killed is in one of the few remaining orchards that remains unfenced and is by one of the nicer neighborhoods in town. It is posted heavily with no hunting or trespassing signs.

Absolutely pathetic.

Nooo, that orchard?!? Insane!

And then, to fire a gun! inside city limits....nope, not flying with me....lock him/her up....then this stops!

This ambivalence helps nobody. Clear bylaw, firearms regulations have been broken. If they're not enforced it can be used by non-FN cases and the slippery slop of arguments is leading nowhere good.

I, for one, don't understand the reticence in applying said charges. If FN is fojnd drunk in city they're charged. If they assault someone, they're charged. If they broke firearms regulations they should be charged. Trespassing, discharging a weapon within city limits.

Enough already!

rimfire
10-19-2017, 12:04 PM
I know what you are saying....
I heard of a buck being taken in Princeton, right behind a gas station, with bow, by locals, and they were not FN.
My point to my comment wasn't that only 1 group does this type of BS, all groups do.
My point is, if it were you and I that were caught, especially in regards to a "Gun/Rifle" being used (and I mean more so then say with a crossbow), you and I would be in a whole lot of deep S***!.
Difference is, 1 group ends up with basically "no consequences" for their "illegal actions".
I would never make an excuse for any BC Resident (non FN),if they took part in such action and were caught....
(look at the bashing we give to some people who are caught for poaching, ie that Yukon Ram that was said by the hunter that it was in BC, but wasn't,)
None of us on here condoned it, we were all upset about it.
So, why should I be in-different to this person....
Like I said, it's not about who did it, but that the consequences for that individual, based on ethnic background, won't
have the same charges laid against him/her....
Now that in itself, because this person is FN in this case, and won't be charged the same....is racism.

Trespassing, unlawful discharge etc. should be the charges.

I agree with you. I was simply stating that, like you said, too many groups are apathetic to the losses that give us liberty.

BigfishCanada
10-19-2017, 12:10 PM
"Due to First Nations hunting rights, COS says there was no Wildlife Act violations, so there was no reason to seize the animal.
"
Question: Are they allowed to hunt on private property, are they allowed to hunt within city limits, are they allowed to shoot a firearm within city limits in urban area?

How can the CO say no wildlife violations took place?

BigfishCanada
10-19-2017, 12:15 PM
I mean look at the street, its a city orchard

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.4968854,-119.5668436,3a,75y,130.18h,75.42t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssGF5d_hwyayaCLNOuYyDbQ!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

Wentrot
10-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Pretty clear the FN can pretty well do as they please without consequence.

BCJaeger
10-19-2017, 12:21 PM
"Due to First Nations hunting rights, COS says there was no Wildlife Act violations, so there was no reason to seize the animal.
"
Question: Are they allowed to hunt on private property, are they allowed to hunt within city limits, are they allowed to shoot a firearm within city limits in urban area?

I guess it is simply because FN have a right to hunt. So a CO can't seize the animal based on the Wildlife Act. But I guess the RCMP could seize it to secure evidence for violation of the Firearms Act, bylaws etc. Anyhow seizing the firearm certainly hurts more. And that's what the RCMP did.

Walksalot
10-19-2017, 03:51 PM
I guess it is simply because FN have a right to hunt. So a CO can't seize the animal based on the Wildlife Act. But I guess the RCMP could seize it to secure evidence for violation of the Firearms Act, bylaws etc. Anyhow seizing the firearm certainly hurts more. And that's what the RCMP did.

Does the Firearms Act protect fenced private land outside the city boundaries?

rocksteady
10-19-2017, 04:13 PM
"

Because FN do not recognize the wildlife act as one of their statutes ..

Bugle M In
10-19-2017, 04:20 PM
Because FN do not recognize the wildlife act as one of their statutes ..

Ya, but their eyesight's pretty clear when it comes to recognizing "our cash"....just saying....
term is called "cherry picking".

rocksteady
10-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Yup.. you got that right

Darksith
10-19-2017, 04:41 PM
private land, didn't this just happen with an elk in that part of the province as well?

Wild one
10-19-2017, 04:55 PM
private land, didn't this just happen with an elk in that part of the province as well?

Nothing done about that either kinda gives an example to FN that it's OK

FN hunting rights are one thing but the others laws broken should be enforced.

Cyrus
10-19-2017, 06:00 PM
****ing joke...

Ourea
10-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Deer was shot within 500 meters of this intersection.
Note the controlled crossing for the nearby school.
They can go shoot a deer anywhere but elected to cherry pick (pun intended) a large buck out of a small unfenced orchard adjacent to a family oriented neighborhood.

This indiscretion is inexcusable

https://i.imgur.com/zYXHCJg.jpg

358mag
10-19-2017, 07:48 PM
The black Dodge gang again ?

Yes indeed

358mag
10-19-2017, 07:54 PM

Yes that elk poaching happened about 2 kilos up the road from were this deer was shot . Still no charges from the crown figgin joke .

igojuone
10-19-2017, 08:22 PM
You might not like it or agree with it, I don't but this is taken from the regs.

No Hunting Areas
It is unlawful to hunt or discharge a firearm
within 100 m of a church, school building,
school yard, playground, regional district park,
dwelling house, or farm or ranch building
that is occupied by persons or domestic
animals. Owners and occupiers or their
employees or agents are exempted near
dwelling houses or farm or ranch buildings
for the purpose of slaughtering livestock.

RadHimself
10-20-2017, 09:51 AM
I’m metis, i cant get away with this shit... its racist, i want my “shoot anything, anywhere, anytime” card too

its unethical that i have to spend so much time and money on fuel to hunt in the bush like the whiteys....

WE ARE ALL CANADIAN NOW....

1 set of rules for everybody

Get onboard with it, or move to mexico

when i turn 65 im not gonna have anything to show for all the tax dollars ive litterally lit on fire for sh!t like this.

Its disgusting how minorities and races get babied with a silverspoon in this “great place”

boxhitch
10-20-2017, 12:02 PM

when i turn 65 im not gonna have anything to show for all the tax dollars ive litterally lit on fire for sh!t like this.

Its disgusting how minorities and races get babied with a silverspoon in this “great place”Theres another split.........those who pay taxes and those who don't

Stone Sheep Steve
10-20-2017, 12:44 PM
If that happened on my land near my house, they wouldn't be getting near that deer if I was around.
Dont care who shot it.

BCJaeger
10-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Does the Firearms Act protect fenced private land outside the city boundaries?

I'm not a lawyer so i can only guess. And I guess the Firearms Act doesn't protect fenced private land outside the city boundaries where shooting might be legal. But the Trespass Act should.

Huevos
10-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Does this mean that we can shoot a monster animal on private property and keep it as long as we have a tag because it should only add up to a trespass charge? All right!! Does someone want to try this out and report back on how it turns out for you? Thanks in advance.

Wild one
10-20-2017, 03:29 PM
Does this mean that we can shoot a monster animal on private property and keep it as long as we have a tag because it should only add up to a trespass charge? All right!! Does someone want to try this out and report back on how it turns out for you? Thanks in advance.

Pass lots of idiots get nailed for this

Would not be surprised some idiot is reading your post thinking of try it

IronNoggin
10-24-2017, 03:50 PM
I'm not a lawyer so i can only guess.

List of potential charges:

BC Wildlife Offenses:

Dangerous hunting or trapping
Sec 28 A person who hunts or traps without reasonable consideration for the lives, safety or property of other persons commits an offence.

No shooting area
Sec 32 A person who discharges a firearm in a no shooting area commits an offence.

Agricultural and cleared land
39 (1) A person commits an offence if the person, without the consent of the owner, lessee or occupier of land,
(a) hunts over or traps in or on cultivated land

Current indigenous hunting rights do not supersede any of the above Regulations.
The CO who stated the perpetrator could keep the deer, unilaterally ignored all of these.
There existed, both then and now, a strong chain of evidence that all of these Regulations were violated.

Criminal Code of Canada:

86. Careless use of firearm, etc.

86. (1) Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, uses, carries, handles, ships, transports or stores a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or any ammunition or prohibited ammunition in a careless manner or without reasonable precautions for the safety of other persons.

244.2. Discharging firearm �€” recklessness

244.2 (1) Every person commits an offence
(a) who intentionally discharges a firearm into or at a place, knowing that or being reckless as to whether another person is present in the place; or
(b) who intentionally discharges a firearm while being reckless as to the life or safety of another person.

Provincial Firearms Act:

It is unlawful to hunt or discharge a firearm within 100 meters of a church, school building, school yard, playground, regional district park, dwelling house, or farm or ranch building that is occupied by persons or domestic animals.

Provincial Trespass Act:

Trespass prohibited
4 (1) Subject to section 4.1, a person commits an offence if the person does any of the following:
(a) enters premises that are enclosed land;

1 In this Act:
"enclosed land" includes land that is
� posted with signs prohibiting trespass in accordance with section 5 (1);

5 (1) For the purposes of paragraph � of the definition of "enclosed land", signs must be posted so that, in daylight and under normal weather conditions, from the approach to each ordinary point of access to the enclosed land,
(a) a sign is clearly visible,
(b) if a sign contains writing, the writing is clearly legible...

City of Penticton Firearms Regulation Bylaw No. 88-76

(http://www.penticton.ca/assets/City~Hall/Bylaws/Community~Standards/Bylaw%201988-76-Firearms%20Regulations.pdfCheers)http://www.penticton.ca/assets/City~Hall/Bylaws/Community~Standards/Bylaw%201988-76-Firearms%20Regulations.pdf

Cheers,
Nog

pg83
10-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Thanks Nog.

Is there any way to force that charges be pressed against the individual(s) in a case like this? I am no lawyer, but assume that the trespassing chargers would need to come from the landowner. How about all the rest? As a Penticton resident can I head to the local CO's and demand that charges be laid? If so, I have no problem doing such a thing. I also have no problem with Natives hunting for sustenance, but we all see it abused with no repercussions and that is simply not right. Hopefully this brings positive dialogue.

Looking_4_Jerky
10-24-2017, 09:06 PM
Thanks Nog.

Is there any way to force that charges be pressed against the individual(s) in a case like this? I am no lawyer, but assume that the trespassing chargers would need to come from the landowner. How about all the rest? As a Penticton resident can I head to the local CO's and demand that charges be laid? If so, I have no problem doing such a thing. I also have no problem with Natives hunting for sustenance, but we all see it abused with no repercussions and that is simply not right. Hopefully this brings positive dialogue.

I think about the best you can do is call your MLA's office and urge them to apply pressure. I work for the province and when an issue goes political, Ministry executive typically say "make that problem disappear" to us at the working level. Doesn't always equate to action, but often is the pressure that is needed.

Surrey Boy
10-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Thats it exactly, if it was a non native he would be jailed right now no question asked................please one law one set of rules pretty simple really !

Racist law is one tool the Liberals use to keep Canadians divided and weak. It allows much corruption and kleptocracy because the Crown is a lower priority than our peers.

RadHimself
10-25-2017, 11:57 AM
So were all in agreeance?!?!?

Our government is completely ****ed no-matter who we elect.....

Yet we are the only country yet to have a civil war or uprising for change other then a bunch of natives once upon a time in quebec

Linksman313
10-25-2017, 01:06 PM
Ya, but their eyesight's pretty clear when it comes to recognizing "our cash"....just saying....
term is called "cherry picking".

Exactly this!!

edgar11
10-26-2017, 08:52 AM
I’m metis, i cant get away with this shit... its racist, i want my “shoot anything, anywhere, anytime” card too

its unethical that i have to spend so much time and money on fuel to hunt in the bush like the whiteys....

Its disgusting how minorities and races get babied with a silverspoon in this “great place”

I think sir you need to learn more about "OUR" history before you make such statements as "minorities and races get babied with a silverspoon". I am in no way condoning these idiots discharging a firearm within city limits but you cannot simply group a certain group of people into one and say a "general statement" like you have.

Your statement: "WE ARE ALL CANADIAN NOW.... " indicates that maybe that wasn't always the case. You are exactly right. If you take a look at these videos(below) you can get a quick look into a little bit of Canadian history. I guarantee this information was not presented in public schools as I was never exposed to anything like this in any history class I went to. These are not opinions these are actually facts of our great country.
So before you continue your rant on something you may not know the entire backround to, maybe you should be enlightened to how this came about and who has the REAL POWER to make changes for ALL CANADIANS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqnzcQNu-gM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NIVMaktlx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N5AMcPnw9c

BgBlkDg
10-26-2017, 09:36 AM
"The Holocaust", would that possibly include the systematic slaughter, enslavement, cannibalism and degradation of various aboriginal groups by other such groups? One wonders and for we who actually DO KNOW quite a lot about the FACTUAL history of Canada, warts and all, it is a major concern.

I would point out the frequent, on-going and horrific genocidal raids by the so-called "Iroquois" against their peaceful, agrarian northern neighbours, the "Hurons" culminating with the atrocity of "Huronia". These were stopped by La Marquis de Tracy, with European troops.

Then, there are the "Slaveys" who were driven into northern Alberta, by vicious Crees. I worked with and befriended some of these people and they told me in very blunt terms of how the RC Residential Schools, had benefited them.......1993, AFS.

The BC Coast, centuries of raids by the brutal Haidas, on divers other tribes, slaves, genocide and the "Kwakuitl" cannibalism" documented by Boas, etc. So, perhaps all was NOT "innocent" in pre-contact "Eden" here in BC.

I well recall the notorious "chief" Bill Wilson, in his vile rant in August, 2007, in the "Sun" where he stated how his grandfather, had SLAVES, in the early 1950s---Google it and read for yourself.

I had considerable sympathy and respect for aboriginals from my youth into my 40s, but, the past 30 years from "Oka" have made me just despise them and I resent paying taxes as a disabled pensioner, to pay for videos such as those posted.

Assimilation, is the only real way to solve this. Even PET, said as much.

Ourea
10-26-2017, 11:00 AM
edgar11

I will try to take pull this sinking thread out of the gutter.
I'm sure others share the concern (and remember this is a HUNTING website) wildlife is in the shitter with no real plan to fix the many complex issues.

Simple reality is uncontrolled and unregulated harvest that negatively effect breeding populations pisses people off.
It is simple as that.

I have zero issue with FN rights to natural resources.
Many are starting to see it as exploitation as resources keep shrinking however.

Some atrocities committed on FNs is inexcusable, agreed.
This site is about hunting and wildlife and I try to raise the level of conversation back to just that.

I would like to think that you and I both agree any person that jeopardizes public safety or kills wildlife in a non sustainable way is simply unacceptable. Where the growing frustration comes from.... there is no immediate solution to curtail illegal discharge and use of firearms, the negative population impacts by certain certain harvest practices .....

The day all stakeholders put wildlife first, not take advantage of exploitation and immunity, wildlife stands a chance to get out of this downward spiral. It will take all of us to fix this.

BgBlkDg
10-26-2017, 11:16 AM
My point, was very simply that EVERY group of humans have perpetrated horrific attacks upon other groups. Given, the constant references, very often erroneous to only some aspects of Canadian history, in every thread here concerning wildlife and fisheries management, I consider my comments both factual and appropriate.

I have been involved in serious conservation activities since 1961 and am only too aware of what the historical and contemporary issues and problems are. So, frankly, your reference to "the gutter" is inappropriate and not helpful.

Ourea
10-26-2017, 11:27 AM
My point, was very simply that EVERY group of humans have perpetrated horrific attacks upon other groups. Given, the constant references, very often erroneous to only some aspects of Canadian history, in every thread here concerning wildlife and fisheries management, I consider my comments both factual and appropriate.

I have been involved in serious conservation activities since 1961 and am only too aware of what the historical and contemporary issues and problems are. So, frankly, your reference to "the gutter" is inappropriate and not helpful.

My comment was not directed at you BBD, take no offence.
It would be refreshing (understatement) for this Hunting site to talk more about wildlife and less about politics and issues that WE can't fix.

BgBlkDg
10-26-2017, 11:30 AM
Good point, but, in today's Canada, the issues are so inextricably enmeshed.

Well, off to Cabela's-Abby, for the sale!

Ourea
10-26-2017, 11:46 AM
Well, off to Cabela's-Abby, for the sale!

Now your talkin.

Bugle M In
10-26-2017, 12:38 PM
I sort of miss the "good ol days" on this site as well...you know...
When Jelvis was the "Riddler" and Dana was the "Mule Deer God!" (atleast, he thought he was the only one who knew
anything on that topic, and everyone else was wrong)....
But back then, there were more stories and more photo's.
Now it seems you can only find stuff on facebook.
But yes, some many things going on with and around our hunting community, and most of it not positive and worse,
feeling completely hopeless in trying to "make it right" again.

Ourea
10-26-2017, 12:53 PM
I sort of miss the "good ol days" on this site as well...you know...
When Jelvis was the "Riddler" and Dana was the "Mule Deer God!" (atleast, he thought he was the only one who knew
anything on that topic, and everyone else was wrong)....
But back then, there were more stories and more photo's.
Now it seems you can only find stuff on facebook.
But yes, some many things going on with and around our hunting community, and most of it not positive and worse,
feeling completely hopeless in trying to "make it right" again.

And HBC has rats in the woodpile.
Wish more were sharp enough to see that.

edgar11
10-26-2017, 02:53 PM
edgar11

I will try to take pull this sinking thread out of the gutter.
I'm sure others share the concern (and remember this is a HUNTING website) wildlife is in the shitter with no real plan to fix the many complex issues.

Simple reality is uncontrolled and unregulated harvest that negatively effect breeding populations pisses people off.
It is simple as that.

I have zero issue with FN rights to natural resources.
Many are starting to see it as exploitation as resources keep shrinking however.

Some atrocities committed on FNs is inexcusable, agreed.
This site is about hunting and wildlife and I try to raise the level of conversation back to just that.

I would like to think that you and I both agree any person that jeopardizes public safety or kills wildlife in a non sustainable way is simply unacceptable. Where the growing frustration comes from.... there is no immediate solution to curtail illegal discharge and use of firearms, the negative population impacts by certain certain harvest practices .....

The day all stakeholders put wildlife first, not take advantage of exploitation and immunity, wildlife stands a chance to get out of this downward spiral. It will take all of us to fix this.

Oh no I am very much with you its just that some mix up what a few are doing as EVERYONE is doing it. AND......... some throw in the regular assumptions of FN people which is simply not true in this day and age. No its not OK to shoot in the middle of a city and its not OK to shoot whatever you want. Then there is some that simply hate and that's a whole new ball of wax all together.

Surrey Boy
10-26-2017, 05:20 PM
You can't tell me that what I see isn't happening.

Muslims believe in a worldview that subjugates others to them. Indians believe in a worldview that subjugates others to them. Where are the egalitarians? What happened to all men being equal?

Indians don't own Canada any more than Puritans own Massachusetts or Huguenots own Florida. They haven't cared for it, administrated it, defended it. The Royal Proclamation of 1763 has nothing about the Crown's care of the natives, ergo all Canadian citizens have implicitly abandoned foreign allegiance. All I see are a crowd of parasites ever wanting to have their cake and eat it too, at the expense of others, no different than white trash welfare children occupying their own "reservations" in social housing units.

The Crown is notoriously fickle, and you'd be naive to trust any promise from them without being able to independently enforce it. Better make a deal with Communist China when Canada gives you more land and titles to vote Liberal.

BgBlkDg
10-26-2017, 05:50 PM
"white trash welfare children", and their situation is all their fault, eh?

I will stop there as my contempt may compel me to say what I really feel about you and the few like you here who may well find themselves in serious life trouble someday and thus learn what others must cope with every day. Then, I expect I would be "banned" and you really are not worth the hassle.

Surrey Boy
10-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Apparently, I am; you just can't resist. Every post I make must increase your dependence on our welfare medical system that you've foisted on the next generation, to which you did not contribute. Keep trying to liquidate those Model 70s.

BgBlkDg
10-26-2017, 06:20 PM
I have paid for as have all of my family for every social programme I have ever used, even while somewhat disabled since my early teens.

I also paid for the "education" of those of your age, however, the effects thereof are obviously and sadly lacking.

Actually, the 70s have been selling, slowly but for decent prices and those buying them have told me how happy they are to get them. I expect the combo guns, original Brnos, Oberndorf Mauser and customs by Martini, Kendall-McPhee and so on to do well as I list them and sell off all but a few guns which I am leaving to younger friends.

The market for good used and collectible guns is weaker than in past years, but, I am not in any distress and can/will sell as I find the right person for each gun. Why sell a customized Merkel drilling to some clodhopper with cowshit on his gumboots and ignorant, bigoted attitudes in his small mind.

Surrey Boy
10-26-2017, 06:34 PM
I have paid for as have all of my family for every social programme I have ever used, even while somewhat disabled since my early teens.

I also paid for the "education" of those of your age, however, the effects thereof are obviously and sadly lacking.

Actually, the 70s have been selling, slowly but for decent prices and those buying them have told me how happy they are to get them. I expect the combo guns, original Brnos, Oberndorf Mauser and customs by Martini, Kendall-McPhee and so on to do well as I list them and sell off all but a few guns which I am leaving to younger friends.

The market for good used and collectible guns is weaker than in past years, but, I am not in any distress and can/will sell as I find the right person for each gun. Why sell a customized Merkel drilling to some clodhopper with cowshit on his gumboots and ignorant, bigoted attitudes in his small mind.

Glad to know I'm not worth responding to.

REMINGTON JIM
10-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Glad to know I'm not worth responding to.

Your NOT ! But DEWEY needs to VENT ONCE in a While ! :shock: Your IT ! :-P LOL RJ