PDA

View Full Version : Sheep 3-17

Big Bucks
08-06-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm a first time sheep hunter and would love to get any info off you pro's on how to access the sheep in 3-17 , i know alot of guys look up from the Thompson river and have a go , i was just wondering if there was another way to get to them , is there a way to see them from the Lytton to Lillooet highway ? Are all the sheep in that zone from the same band ? How are the genes in the heard , are there some record book animals there? I know you see them all the time from the highway to Spences Bridge but there has to be another way . Any info would be great guys .

Gilmore
08-06-2007, 08:14 PM
I have never seen a legal ram in 3-178)

Kechika
08-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I believe the term used is "Needle in a Haystack"

ruger#1
08-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Seen sheep in the upper hat creek valley , they were way up high.

Stone Sheep Steve
08-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Most guys look up. Some guys look down.

SSS

mark
08-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Ive been hunting mulies in 3-17 for 20 years we see sheep sometimes, never seen a ram even close to legal! BUT my buddy has a 3/4 curl draw so we will be hitting it hard this year and Ill let ya know!

slyfox
08-07-2007, 07:09 PM
There are full curl rams in the area. I do have a friend that has taken 2 out of the area. It's a hard area to hunt just go on opening day there will be guys hunting them everywhere. Ask them for some info or watch what area they are scouting to get a general idea.

Stone Sheep Steve
08-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Two friends were glassing from a pullout a number of years ago(back before it went to a "mature" season). There was another guy there glassing as well when Jim Shockey pulls up. Jim asks if anyone was seeing anything and they very calmy say(while continuing to glass) that there is a legal ram in the spotter if he wants to have a looksee. Jim takes a peek through their spotter and goes a little bug-eyed:shock:. He then asks why they're not going after it:confused: and they say(while continuing to glass) "He's not really what we're looking for". Jim just shook his head. Then other guy leans over to him and says " You know what's worse??.......They're bowhunting!!!!!!" 8)

After that, Jim didn't have near enough nerve to go after that ram:-D!

SSS