PDA

View Full Version : T-minus 15 days

VFX_man
10-17-2017, 04:12 PM
Thanks everyone for your hunting updates and escapades.

Having a hard time focusing at work with the clock ticking down to the Moose LEH on Nov. 1st . . . Keep pouring over Google Earth in depth, talked with "Srupp" and "Walks with Deer", planning the trip and gear needed for a remote camp to keep my mind distracted.

Am feeling I have a good crows eye view of the land from looking at the satellite imagery and 3d terrain, but just want to get out there and get boots back on the ground and check my cameras.

Continued good luck to everyone . . . but save a moose for me please ;)

Cheers, VFX

monasheemountainman
10-17-2017, 04:28 PM
good luck pal! wheres your draw?

Roboduck
10-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Good luck to you.
I'm counting the days to my week long solo trip as well. No LEH for me but spike fork is open. Cant wait to get out of town.

Chrispryn
10-17-2017, 05:46 PM
Good luck fellas. Stay safe

BStrachan
10-17-2017, 06:25 PM
Good luck! I leave on the 1st but it's for blacktail North of Campbell River can't wait!

VFX_man
10-25-2017, 10:29 PM
Well, all the prepping is complete and waiting on the last couple of items to arrive from the "Amazon" (critter perimeter alarm and motion sensor lights) for the ⛺️ bush camp. Can't be too safe since there could be Grizzly about I've been warned.

Just need to try the snow chains on and am good to head out this weekend.

My buddy up in my MU said that in addition to himself, there are two logging crews doing intel for me as they go in/out, so fingers crossed.

Everyone be safe!

Timberjack
10-27-2017, 06:06 PM
VFX.. pm sent. Good luck to you. Send us a report when u return.

TJ